DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 German investors
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:47

Are they up to it ...or has RM and past BOD made another monumental of a disaster in bringing them to dafc.
Heard a lot of what`s going to happen but never really seen anything .been a total shambles since they arrived .
They themselves are also partly to blame .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: German investors
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:50

Thinking the same now.

Always wondered why they chose us.

They`re maybe no fussed if we stay full-time or go part-time, we`re maybe just a wee plaything for them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:53

things take time to happen, more than a couple of months thats for sure

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 17:57

That's the way I was thinking GJ

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:09

I often wonder when I read the various posts when our german owners are mentioned

Does anyone apart from the board know what these said owners have brought to the club in terms of financial backing ?

Does sporting director meggle draw a salary ?

Does his analysis of the coaching methods have the final say over P.G. ?

His analysis believes P.G. should be given more time

Are our german owners committed to the long term future of DAFC or are they asset strippers ?

Time will tell

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:23

What assets do the Pars have? They've invested in the club, not the stadium. That means the main assets are the players who, given current performances, may be costing us more than they're potentially earning in future sales.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:24

Something is absolutely stinking about the deal. I just have an awful feeling this could lead to the death of the club. It makes absolutely no financial sense . Why Dunfermline ? A Scottish championship side playing in one of the worst footballing countries in Europe. There is little to no money in Scottish football. The League didn’t even have a sponsor last season.
They obviously do not understand the club or the fans. Is there something more sinister happening in the background?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:30

I think we’re heading up the creak with just one paddle! Wouldn’t really trust anyone investing in our league unless they were a fan with deep pockets.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:38

I remember reading on here before some posters telling us how lucky we were to have McArthur has our Chairman because he was so wonderful. The bloke is taking this club down the toilet, is miles out of his depth and is a complete fraud of a chairman in reality. He's bought the nails and he's now slowly putting them in the DAFC coffin. Shameful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:38

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 18:57

‘Always wondered why they chose us.’

I’ve asked that question a few times and never received much of an answer beyond ‘beliefs, morals and ethics.’ If you wanted to replicate the St. Pauli success story then the likes of Leith, a port which has always had a bit of a vibrant counter culture, would have been a more obvious choice. Or Partick Thistle, generally liked across Scotland with a large community of students on their doorstep to support progressive attitudes.

St. Pauli are like Rangers or Celtic in that they attract supporters for reasons of identity rather than family ties and geography. But Rangers or Celtic fans would go ballistic if their team was playing second fiddle. This does not seem to be the case with St. Pauli who have spent most of their history outside the top division yet have attendances envied across Germany.

I can understand that maybe the Hamburg boys have a different Pars supporter base in mind long term, so that losing a few old school diehards won’t frustrate their long term plans much. What that potential supporter base will be, or where it will come from, remains a mystery to me however.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:06

The owners should start up the merger debate again.

I`d support a Fife Utd.

We all know there are far too many clubs in this country to support.

Support the merger !!

Or am I taking it all too far 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:10

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:14

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 5 Oct 19:06

The owners should start up the merger debate again.

I`d support a Fife Utd.

We all know there are far too many clubs in this country to support.

Support the merger !!

Or am I taking it all too far 🤔

Red card!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:14

Quote:

EEP, Tue 5 Oct 19:10

I could be totally wrong here and “spouting nonesense” but I presume they will own EEP now or in the near future?
Imo that is where their investment to the club is and this academy set up is a load of nonesense like a smokescreen.
They brought in the worst manager in our league last season to get us promoted? No chance in hell that was going to happen and are sticking by him whilst putting out a statement about the supporters behaviour etc….
Remember everything an investment company does it’s for a reason and there is always consequences after it.

Nope. They don't want EEP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:15

I think with Keretic and his IMG background, the most likely long-term play is to align us with a major product. For example, Red Bull, as in RB Saltzburg.

RB Dunfermline... anyone?

Demographics change overnight... past loyalties are irrelevant.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:22

That would make some sense. I notice that for all its anarchist positioning the St. Pauli club are happy to accept sponsorship deals from corporations and have executive boxes within the ground. Hippy capitalism Richard Branson style.

So maybe the big sponsor is to be Grant`s vodka.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:22

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:24

Quote:

EEP, Tue 5 Oct 19:10

I could be totally wrong here.

You are.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:27

Jake I`m curious as to your inside knowledge of what they want and don`t want .. can you share it with us please

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:35

Topic Originator: EEP
Date: Tue 5 Oct 19:10

I could be totally wrong here and “spouting nonesense” but I presume they will own EEP now or in the near future?
Imo that is where their investment to the club is and this academy set up is a load of nonesense like a smokescreen.

From the club`s official website:

"DAFC Fussball GmbH has been granted an option to purchase Pars United (EEP) Ltd (the company which owns East End Park) from the existing PUEEP shareholders, by May 2024, assuming it has exercised its right to increase its stake in DAFC to 75.1%. If that option is exercised, it would bring the Club and the stadium under common ownership. In the meantime, there will be no change to the ownership of our stadium."

TBH, I can`t see much appeal at the moment for the new owners of the club in also owning EEP, and I`ve seen nothing to suggest it`s in their plans.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 19:47

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:02

There was a story early on where DAFC Fusball specifically stated they weren't interested in EEP but have the option to buy in future. It was even discussed on here at the time as I many were concerned the land would be sold off for houses (because who doesn't want to live beside an air management area, between an Aldi and a car garage?)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:05

Don't any of you refer to me as a conspiracy theorist again, some bonkers stuff in here🤣👊

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Tue 5 Oct 20:05

Don't any of you refer to me as a conspiracy theorist again, some bonkers stuff in here🤣👊

What do you know? I saw a post shared by Marie who used to work in the Stephen's that was on Guildhall Street. You know, Jean's grand-daughter? Anyway, she shared a post by a guy called "The Pars Insider" who claims that the German investors scoured all of Europe for a potential place to build 57 homes plus a provision of mid-market rent properties. They secretly plan to merge the Pars with Cowdenbeath and demolish East End Park. It must be true because it was on Facebook. Anyway, I'm off to share a post I saw about how Tesco yoghurts have gender altering ingredients.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:19

Mid market rent eh? That’s right up ma street emmmm I mean that’s terrible, Jake! Ye wee divvil

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:21

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:25

Quote:

buffy, Tue 5 Oct 20:19

Mid market rent eh? That’s right up ma street emmmm I mean that’s terrible, Jake! Ye wee divvil

Available from 2024 is what I've heard. They'll be getting built by Richard Street developments as part of an agreement with Purvis Group who will be named main sponsor of the new Cowdenpars Athletic Football Club. The gym hall at Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre will become a footballing centre for excellence.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:44

`The gym hall at Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre will become a footballing centre for excellence`
It already is: I used to play 5-a-side there of an evening.

Amidst the mockery remember the wise words of Cassandra: `Beware the Greeks and the gifts they bring.`
No credible reason for rich shipping magnates from Hamburg choosing to invest in DAFC has come to my attention. They have also taken up their share option more quickly than anticipated.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 20:59

Some interesting views. Aligning the club with a major product would certainly bring money, a renamed stadium maybe .

For me though I still have a feeling its the ground they are after.

Install a manager capable of getting us relegated.

Drop down the divisions

Fans loose intrest

Buy East end from pars United. owners of pars United whom I presume are the BOD that we have at the moment .

They get payed more than they invested.

Everyone`s happy .

Is it any wonder none of them will walk away .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:02

some bonkers stuff in here....

you were saying....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:04

This is quickly become a thread describing the plot of Ted Lasso

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:12

The ground is worthless. This has been covered a thousand times:

Other stadiums have sold to big supermarkets. Couple of issues here:

1. The land is located beside one of the most polluted roads in Scotland so therefore not suitable.
2. Supermarkets are far less focussed on big hypermarket style stores.

So perhaps for housing? Few issues with that:

1. Cost of demolishing EEP
2. Limited number of homes that could be built on the site.
3. Not a particularly appealing site.
4. Not zoned for housing.
5. As mentioned, pollution zone so more houses probably a no.

Finally, if I was an investor looking for land in Dunfermline, I'd probably look at current cleared sites that are for sale, of which there are plenty.

What I wouldn't do is develop a long-winded plan to devalue an asset I've invested in over a period of months and years to acquire some fairly crap land that would cost a hell of a lot to develop!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:13

The absolute nick of some of you🤣👊

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:16

Quote:

jake89, Tue 5 Oct 21:12

The ground is worthless. This has been covered a thousand times:

Other stadiums have sold to big supermarkets. Couple of issues here:

1. The land is located beside one of the most polluted roads in Scotland so therefore not suitable.
2. Supermarkets are far less focussed on big hypermarket style stores.

So perhaps for housing? Few issues with that:

1. Cost of demolishing EEP
2. Limited number of homes that could be built on the site.
3. Not a particularly appealing site.
4. Not zoned for housing.
5. As mentioned, pollution zone so more houses probably a no.

Finally, if I was an investor looking for land in Dunfermline, I'd probably look at current cleared sites that are for sale, of which there are plenty.

What I wouldn't do is develop a long-winded plan to devalue an asset I've invested in over a period of months and years to acquire some fairly crap land that would cost a hell of a lot to develop!

Far too sensible.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:27

My post was a ment to be a bit tongue and cheek a bit of a wynd up.
Seriously though .
I know with restrictions due to covid etc there`s not been much communication from the new owners.
But I really do think they need to get a hold of the situation before it`s to late

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 21:44

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:25

I’m gravely worried as to what their actual plans for our club are.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:34

I don't think there's anything cynical in there intentions, I'm just not entirely sure on there competence with regards to managing the footballing side of things.

They seem to have grand plans with regards to youth academy's etc, but quite frankly I don't see that being sustainable at this level with our finances, if it was why weren't we doing it before?

Meanwhile we seem to be putting allot of faith in Thomas Meggle being the messiah with regards to having more football knowledge than the last board, but I'm not really seeing, or hearing that at all, did he progress St Pauli when he was there? If anything he seems even more clueless.

We're not getting much benefit with regards to players due to brexit etc, and the investors have come in all fresh as if they haven't just had more years in league 1 than the Premiership in the last 13 years. The fans are impatient. And at the very least want to be shown to be working towards goals. That's not happening.

Post Edited (Tue 05 Oct 22:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:35

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 22:40

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:19

Let me get this straight - the German investment is a cover to secretly acquire the land EEP is on?

Tell me more. What's so special about this land? And why wouldn't they buy the stadium right now rather than waiting two years?

Assuming it's for housing, what are the numbers looking like in terms of profit after removing the cost of buying the stadium, demolition costs and then subsequent value of the cleared site?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:26

Public available sources state £25k capital put into Dafc Fussball gmbh in March and another £210k in August/September.

Interestingly enough though, you look at the other companies Meggle is involved with - all have ‘Real Estate’ as their nature of business 🤔.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:31

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Oct 23:38

I assume no real estate predator would home in on Dunfermline from Hamburg. Scotland is a small skinny island at the edge of Europe. There must be easier pickings somewhere else.

However BA, I would welcome any more information you could offer about the consortium who control DAFC. From the outset there was a childish Santa Claus reaction to them on this forum from Pars supporters and I think we need a more hard headed appreciation of their abilities. I know that one of them has links to the Israeli judicial system which may become an issue, but I am speaking more in a Pars fans mode than as an international observer.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 00:10

Last week the appointment of PG was all down to RM even if the Germans approved it; now it`s solely down to the German owners so they could trash the club? It`s hard to keep up with all the plot twists.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 07:43

If the medium term goals of a youth academy and a proper training facility come to pass, then we need to be seeing that as a positive surely. Those things alone would help us to attract better players, and would move us forward from the stagnant position we are in today. They will cost money clearly, and our old board had run out of the ability/desire to invest anything further of their own funds. I'm still hopeful we can leverage some up and coming players from Germany and beyond with their contacts, although sooner rather than later would be good. The initial optimism shown by most to our new investors has been dumped by many after the first few games of their first season here. I would expect this all to take quite a bit of time in the grand scheme of things, there is no short term magic wand here unfortunately, so people need to make choices - are they still 'supporters' or will they vote with their feet? New manager is now needed in my opinion, however I've made my choice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 08:03

Surely the academy plans are a cover for acquiring that land in Rosyth to build houses on? These German investors are interested in only one thing - building houses. This why they... bought a football club...?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:12

I don`t know where this fixation to sell off EEP as real estate comes from, but I struggle to see why anybody, let alone the Germans, would view this as the main game for their investment.

We are not talking about a big chunk of land. You wouldn`t get a lot of houses on there, and the location, wedged between a garage and an Aldi and backing on to a cemetery, certainly would not excite most investors.

When I think about it, the most productive use for the land long-term could be to use it as a southerly extension of the cemetery! Wouldn`t that be a happy resting place for us all when our final whistle blows?

In other words, get real and drop this daft theory that this is a real estate play and not about football.

In this world of conspiracy theories, it is often best to take things just as they appear to be.

I would lay good odds that this is simply a group of successful German businessmen looking to try their hand with a new hobby. Having shopped around Europe, in Dunfermline they found a long-established club with a good pedigree that had no debt and operated on an extraordinarily low-cost base.

What was there not to like?

As I said elsewhere, possibly the Germans are looking to replicate the RB Salzburg model. It is far too early to tell. But one thing is for sure; they have got to extricate themselves from this Peter Grant standoff... and sharpish.

A lot of the initial goodwill could evaporate very quickly if they fail to listen to their customers.

We don`t need this friction. Someone made the excellent point that if this all falls over and the Germans beat a retreat, what are the odds that the next suitor is shonky?

We have seen enough evidence of that in the past here in Scotland.

My business instinct says that on balance, we have got lucky with the Germans. They may have been a bit clumsy and careless this week, but the situation is recoverable if they act fast.

Equally, we should be ultra-cautious about making dangerous claims about the club`s new owners. Quite apart from the libel risks, this is not a huge investment cash wise for the Germans. It is quite conceivable that if the situation deteriorates, they could pull out.

Quite honestly, the shipping guys would be far better off pumping their spare cash back into shipping. For right now, with supply chain crises everywhere, earnings from most shipping industry sectors are up several hundred per cent on where they were two years ago.

Don`t p*** them off!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:17

If they have managed to buy 75% of the club for on 235k, and this cash is being used to create a training ground which would become the clubs only real asset.

Then asset stripping would be easy without doing anything with EEP, just wait for Nisbet cash pocket 3/4 and sell the training facility to separate sports firm you created pocketing 3/4 of your investment and owning the training ground to use as a gym/sports centre.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:21

As someone pointed out to me when I mentioned it, any windfall from Nisbet goes into the club`s coffers. It can`t be paid to the directors as a dividend as we still have millions of pounds of historic losses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:35

Dam, there goes my evil plan!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:48

Quick search on companies house and it looks like the investors only hold 30% share,not yet overall control as we think. 🤔

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:50

Investors don't invest for no return, but they also don't tend to be evil geniuses either.

As has been covered before, the Pars are pretty unique. A sleeping giant effectively with low overheads and a lot of potential to increase profits. Still risky investing in Scottish football but I'm sure they know that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 09:51

I didn`t realise Halbeath Road was in Monte Carlo or Manhattan?

I`m surprised none of the other vultures who are circling Scottish football never noticed billion dollar asset sitting in plain sight before...

There is no chance this is a real estate deal - if it was, they would have bought a club in the South of England (where property prices are far higher) or immediately exercised their right to buy the ground.

I don`t think they`re here to bring in cheap Europeans to on sell either... Brexit made that way too risky.

So why are they here?

1) Build a youth system that will identify British youngsters to sell German clubs to develop further - German teams are increasingly looking to pick up British youngsters for their youth systems.

Or

2) They plan to develop the club to be part of a bigger "club family", like City Football Group, Red Bull etc.

Or

3) The club is a "project" to showcase the consortium`s skills as football consultants (they come into a club, make it sustainable etc) which is where they`ll make their money.

They`ve hinted at 3 in the past, but they would surely want quick results to make that worthwhile?

2 is surely only a goer if we`re in the top League?

So it could be 1? They`ve said that promotion is a long term project (despite the promises Grant made subsequently) and they are clearly focused on youth, given the keenness to build an academy.

Our league position may also not be that big a deal under 1 - it`s more important to get the infrastructure right first, if that`s the aim. If that is the case, you may not want to spend money binning the manager unless you really need to.

What they`ve not done well in the last few weeks is PR. There`s no need for board statements every other week, but they do need to be a bit clearer on where things are going and how we`ll get there!

The recent statement is very clumsy (aka horrible).

The board would have been better to say something along the lines of "results have been very disappointing so far, and the board have told Peter and the players that these need to improve immediately.

We hear the frustrations of the fans, but we ask that you continue to back the team as we look to put this bad start behind us. As a club we are at the start of a long journey to a better place. We`re confident that the club is moving in the right direction and hope that results will reflect that soon..."

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 12:20

Sammer - I don’t hold any other info. My work is involved in investigating companies and what they do, so I just pulled up the below for a look:

https://www.northdata.com/DAFC+Fussball

The history and network section gives you a bit of flavour.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 16:00

I’m amazed some folk can manage a bank account going by the conspiracy led financial insights here. Still I suppose there is only so much damage you can do with a Super Squirrel Cashcard

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Oct 16:34

Quote:

P, Wed 6 Oct 16:00

I’m amazed some folk can manage a bank account going by the conspiracy led financial insights here. Still I suppose there is only so much damage you can do with a Super Squirrel Cashcard

😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 08:33

I think tbe investors have made their position clear. It is more about bringing their time and expertise rather than large sums of money. They have identified the club to invest their time and money based on how well the club has been run, its culture and ethics. No conspiracy.

They have backed PG based on tbe circumstances at the club reflecting the performances on the park. Clearly we are going through a difficult spell but after speaking with PG they are confident things will change. At this point for me, I will get behind the club as a supporter as I have done for 40 years. We have had highs and lows over those years but I am confident the long term future of the club is bright with the new BoD.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Oct 08:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 09:36

What are the investors short to medium term goals?

They don’t seem to include promotion or retaining the fan base following that’s hideous statement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 09:41

I think their short term goals as every Pars fan is to turn around the poor performances on the park and all the reasons behind that. They have intimated Covid, injuries and other reasons.

The medium term goal is to make the playoffs. PG perhaps made the mistake of raising the fans expectation by talking about winning the league. Clearly from tge displays I have seen this season we are not good enough to do that.

Agree the statement could have been worded better. Perhaps a bit more sympathetic in terms of the fans views and feelings with more positivity in terms of future direction and their plans to bring in sponsorship. I do take the point however that if the situation becomes too toxic it will put off potential investors. The issues are now making the national press so this story can grow legs.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Oct 09:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 11:06

As a potential sponsor (I own a small business) I’m far more likely to be put off by the dross in the managers seat than I am by the passion of the DAFC fans. Ultimately I won’t be putting any more money into the club personally until the board apologise for that horrendous statement and I won’t be making any sponsorship deals until I’m satisfied the club is under competent management and the money will be well spent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 11:12

Whilst I don't think the board were right to tag that message to the last statement it's not passionate supporters they're complaining about its the abusive one's.

You've answered that as Pars fan rather than someone with no skin in the game other than the potential to advertise their business.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 11:54

Wouldn’t it be fair to say a fair amount of potential sponsors are pars fans with businesses?

Also wouldnt other potential sponsors (not fans) prefer to advertise with a reasonably successful club rather than one rooted to the bottom of the table because of an incompetent manager?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:04

Absolutely on the successful teams point and quite possibly (fair point!) on the potential Pars supporter point.

Some Pars fans may make an exception for those dishing out the abuse if they happen to agree with them but other Pars fans and neutrals might well think: do I want to be around that when I'm getting my day out at the club?

Wasn't the best time to make the point but it doesn't change the fact that there's abuse being dished out and that's not passion its abuse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:11

I think in the situation we are in many fans will react with passion or apathy, the latter is more dangerous to the club.

My father spent years away from the club due to awful management and only returned when Bert Paton was appointed. I now find myself contemplating a similar move. It’s heartbreaking. I feel like the board don’t care about the dire position we are in and I feel that I as a disgruntled fan, am not wanted.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Oct 12:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:24

Abuse isn't passion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:34

The abuse comes from a place of passion. It’s the manifestation of passion in this situation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 12:38

No it comes from people being absolute spunk buckets. This is the problem we have. Folk aren't happy so it's all of a sudden ok to start abusing people and their families.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:26

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 7 Oct 11:12

Whilst I don't think the board were right to tag that message to the last statement it's not passionate supporters they're complaining about its the abusive one's.

You've answered that as Pars fan rather than someone with no skin in the game other than the potential to advertise their business.

Celtic and Rangers fans are the most abusive and worst behaved fans in the country, they don't struggle for sponsorship deals.

The actions of the fans in Dumfries won't have costed the club a single penny. The boards appointment of Peter Grant and that statement? That will cost us Thousands.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:33

I think the finer points of human nature will always dictate that the strength of feeling folk have for the club will fester with the boards inaction. Folk will either turn abusive or they will stay away and find other things to do on a Saturday. It’s the same at every club in Scotland, only our board uniquely get so mumpty about it.

I haven’t shouted abuse at PG or the board by the way but I’m capable of understanding those who do. I can relate to them better than I can that hideous statement from our board.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 13:37

Topic Originator: Grant like | nolike
Date: Thu 7 Oct 13:26

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 7 Oct 11:12

Whilst I don`t think the board were right to tag that message to the last statement it`s not passionate supporters they`re complaining about its the abusive one`s.

You`ve answered that as Pars fan rather than someone with no skin in the game other than the potential to advertise their business.

Celtic and Rangers fans are the most abusive and worst behaved fans in the country, they don`t struggle for sponsorship deals.

The actions of the fans in Dumfries won`t have costed the club a single penny. The boards appointment of Peter Grant and that statement? That will cost us Thousands.

Absolutely agree

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 14:49

"Folk will either turn abusive or they will stay away"

Not the only 2 options on the table though are they?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 16:54

Quote:

Grant, Thu 7 Oct 13:26

The actions of the fans in Dumfries won't have costed the club a single penny. The boards appointment of Peter Grant and that statement? That will cost us Thousands.

Not nearly as many thousands as it will cost the club if the German investors decide, on the basis of recent events, that they are making a mistake investing in DAFC.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 17:08

I had the same thought Stanza.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 17:25

There`s not a club in Scottish Football whose fans would not react to such miserable results in this way so this finger pointing is nonsense, but that`s typical of certain members of the forum every post has a condescending reference to " some fans".

As for potential new sponsors the most significant hinderance is the pathetic on field performances, who wants to invest in a team with such monotonous results, bottom of the table,with a dwindling attendance and deluded owners who quite comically choose to blame everyone except themselves for the clubs failings.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Oct 17:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 18:34

Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks like | nolike - 1
Date: Thu 7 Oct 17:25

There`s not a club in Scottish Football whose fans would not react to such miserable results in this way so this finger pointing is nonsense, but that`s typical of certain members of the forum every post has a condescending reference to " some fans".

As for potential new sponsors the most significant hinderance is the pathetic on field performances, who wants to invest in a team with such monotonous results, bottom of the table,with a dwindling attendance and deluded owners who quite comically choose to blame everyone except themselves for the clubs failings.

Absolutely westies, every group of fans in Scotland would be raging, many would have went much further than ours by now. Our board, uniquely, gets all mumpty and likes to put the boot into the paying support though. This time it’s too far. An apology is due and should come quickly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 18:53

You keep saying you want an apology. If you get one (you won't) what then? Will you sponsor the club again? Go to our next game? Or still off to Kelty in your new scarf and hat?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 18:57

If the board issue an apology I’ll be at the Kilmarnock game or the home game after they release it.

When they appoint a manager I believe in I’ll look into sponsorship deals/hospitality.

Hope that clarifies.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:00

Quote:

Never10yairds, Thu 7 Oct 18:57

If the board issue an apology I’ll be at the Kilmarnock game or the home game after they release it.

When they appoint a manager I believe in I’ll look into sponsorship deals/hospitality.

Hope that clarifies.

Aye. Tell Higgy I was asking for him

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:02

The board aren't going to issue an apology.

For one the bit by Thomas Meggle is his view on things, he's not going to apologise for that.

Meanwhile the last paragraph seems influenced by the fact that directors have been assaulted and there personal property damaged.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:24

Quote:

Grant, Thu 7 Oct 19:02

For one the bit by Thomas Meggle is his view on things, he's not going to apologise for that.

Meanwhile the last paragraph seems influenced by the fact that directors have been assaulted and there personal property damaged.

Aye, that all makes much more sense now, Grant. If fans had a right to be incensed because their team lost another game of football, how much more incensed did Ross and Co have a right to be if their property was targeted?

Fans are only human - our directors are also Pars fans......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:33

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 7 Oct 19:24

Quote:

Aye, that all makes much more sense now, Grant. If fans had a right to be incensed because their team lost another game of football, how much more incensed did Ross and Co have a right to be if their property was targeted?

Couldn't blame any of them for walking away GG. The German investors must be wondering what on earth they've taken on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:37

It was still a mistake to tag it on to the statement on Tuesday, especially in the way it was done.

What I'm hearing is abysmal though and would motivate you to lash out if you were a director on the receiving end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 19:46

Topic Originator: Grant
Date: Thu 7 Oct 19:33

"Couldn`t blame any of them for walking away GG. The German investors must be wondering what on earth they`ve taken on."

^^^This. :(

Post Edited (Thu 07 Oct 19:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 21:06

Quote:

Grant, Thu 07 Oct 19:33

Quote:

Quote:

Couldn't blame any of them for walking away GG. The German investors must be wondering what on earth they've taken on.

Agreed. They were apparently sold on a club closely integrated with the town and it's people and families. They'll be having 2nd thoughts now I would imagine and that's just poor to see
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 22:34

Quote:

cfad, Thu 7 Oct 21:06

Quote:

Grant, Thu 07 Oct 19:33

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. They were apparently sold on a club closely integrated with the town and it's people and families. They'll be having 2nd thoughts now I would imagine and that's just poor to see

Don't worry, it's already been said on here there are loads of local investors ready to step in...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Oct 22:40

2nd thoughts over this - as if. Have you ever been to Hamburg/St Pauli ?! 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 12:30

A handful of idiots aren’t representative of the entire support. The Board statement hit the wrong tone and should’ve been a rallying call instead, but no-one deserves to be treated like that.

Imagine if this was happening to the wee team, or Falkirk. The amount of gloating on here! A few need to stand back and take a long look at yourselves and luckily, they’re well outnumbered.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net