DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New Owners & Ross McArthur
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 11:31

Posted similar on EEB, so apologies for those who straddle both sites. 

There have been a bunch of people who have been getting wound up by the current manager`s employment status and fuelling both themselves and others by pointing out various awful/terrible/disgraceful decisions that Ross McArthur has made on the football front.  I`d argue that almost all of them have been reasonable, especially without the benefit of hindsight.  Yes, we`d all prefer to be in the Premier League by now so it could be better, but it hasn`t been a disaster either. You may disagree, and that`s grand, we all see things differently

Anyways, even if you disagree with that and have been calling for Ross to resign, you`ve fundamentally missed the point that he is no longer in a position to "make decisions" on the football front.  You have effectively got what you want.  I`ve no doubt he offers input still - and obviously wasn`t the sole decision maker at any point - but it`s the new owners who have 75.1% of the voting power.  

Ross is now in the position where he`s helping ensure the club itself functions on a day-to-day basis.  Something that he has been instrumental and successful in doing for many years now - and that was after playing a big part in saving the club. 

Post Edited (Fri 08 Oct 11:45)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New Owners & Ross McArthur
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 11:35

I'm sure you meant "a BIG part" rather than "a BIT part" in the final sentence! :)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 11:45

Yeah, I`ve edited that!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 11:51

Percentage of shares doesn’t always equal percentage of voting rights on board matters. McArthur doesn’t have the power to make any of these decisions himself, that much is certainly true.

I’ve not seen the club’s articles of association, so I don’t know what the voting powers are. However, everyone was under the impression that there was a board meeting required, which is a meeting of directors. Where, if there is a vote, then this is voted on as directors. Without reading the articles of association, I don’t know whether each director would get 1 vote each, of equal weight, or whether a clause has been inserted recently to say that DAFC Fussball GmbH’s share of directors voting rights will result in a majority. But it’s really not as simple as they own 75% of shares, so have 75% of voting rights on board/director matters.

An AGM/EGM would need to be called for a shareholders vote. In which case, DAFC Fussball GmbH. Would have 75.1% of the vote. They could call one of these if they were not happy with directors’ decisions/actions. But that would seem a bit odd, as they are represented on the board of directors.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 11:59

I think it is safe to assume that the new owners have the balance of the power when it comes to making decisions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 12:03

Great Post DA-go

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net