DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Vocal Support
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 13:39

It would be nice to hear a round of support for Ross at the next home game.

Maybe on the starting whistle we could chant, There's only one Ross McArthur" for a minute.

Too much?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Vocal Support
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 13:46

....Well at least until Kilmarnock score :)

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 14:26

Jesus wept.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 14:30

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 8 Oct 14:26

Jesus wept.

He did, as a matter of fact.

Lost on you though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 14:48

Here was me expecting to find tips on how to sing better 🙃
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 14:58

Quote:

neilholland999, Fri 8 Oct 14:48

Here was me expecting to find tips on how to sing better 🙃

Fae a parrot?!!!!!

Maybe i'll change my name tae Lintie.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 14:58

He will probably put out a statement about the supporters singing out of key!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:05

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 8 Oct 14:30

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 8 Oct 14:26

Jesus wept.

He did, as a matter of fact.

Lost on you though.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:07

IMHO I don't think it's to much at all PARrot, I think RM has been unfairly singled out through the appointment of PG.
Yes he is our chairman but I believe it was our new owners that insisted Grant was the right man for the job

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:09

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 08 Oct 13:39

Maybe on the starting whistle we could chant, There's only one Ross McArthur" for a minute.

Too much?

Yes it’s too much. The ineptitude of people at boardroom level has caused this mess, Mcarthur being one of them. Certain people have (allegedly) gone too far yes, but that doesn’t mean we go full circle and all is forgiven on the football front.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:12

Forgiven? Think that sort of attitude is part of the problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:15

In what way? I’m talking purely about the decisions that have been made on the football front. Nothing personal against Ross Mcarthur, but people have to be accountable for the glaring mistakes that have been made. We’re on course to be relegated to league 1 again, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. That would cripple our club financially.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:16

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 8 Oct 15:12

Forgiven? Think that sort of attitude is part of the problem.

Agree with this.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:17

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Fri 8 Oct 15:09

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 08 Oct 13:39

Too much?

Yes it’s too much. The ineptitude of people at boardroom level has caused this mess, Mcarthur being one of them. Certain people have (allegedly) gone too far yes, but that doesn’t mean we go full circle and all is forgiven on the football front.

Inept is not a word I would associate with Ross McArthur.

Of course, maybe compared to you and your achievements eh?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:19

They`ve appointed a manager who isn`t doing very well. They thought he would do better. He`ll have to very soon or he`ll be sacked.

It is a bad appointment as things stand. That`s all. It doesn`t make them guilty of anything that needs forgiven.

I don`t think we need to start singing his Ross McArthur`s name either mind you.

Post Edited (Fri 08 Oct 15:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:40

And hanging onto crawford. and the 2 year deal handed to AJ, subsequently costing the club a fortune to pay him and his cronies off. It’s been bad decision after bad decision on the football front. Like I’ve pointed out before, I’m not questioning Mcarthurs business credentials, or what he done to rescue the club all those years ago. But as it stands, we’re going to be very lucky to avoid the drop this year, thanks to the terrible appointment of grant. Someone has to be accountable for that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:44

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Fri 8 Oct 15:40

And hanging onto crawford. and the 2 year deal handed to AJ, subsequently costing the club a fortune to pay him and his cronies off. It’s been bad decision after bad decision on the football front. Like I’ve pointed out before, I’m not questioning Mcarthurs business credentials, or what he done to rescue the club all those years ago. But as it stands, we’re going to be very lucky to avoid the drop this year, thanks to the terrible appointment of grant. Someone has to be accountable for that.

They were not bad decisions at the time.

Just the perpetually repeated opinions of a section of the fanbase.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:49

I highly doubt the vocal section of our support will be in the ground to start that chant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:53

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 8 Oct 15:19

They`ve appointed a manager who isn`t doing very well. They thought he would do better. He`ll have to very soon or he`ll be sacked.

It is a bad appointment as things stand. That`s all. It doesn`t make them guilty of anything that needs forgiven.

Again this.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 15:56

Quote:

Athletico, Fri 8 Oct 15:49

I highly doubt the vocal section of our support will be in the ground to start that chant.

Canny see it. But it would be nice.

Nice to be nice.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:00

"And hanging onto crawford. and the 2 year deal handed to AJ, subsequently costing the club a fortune to pay him and his cronies off. It’s been bad decision after bad decision on the football front"

As done to death, they handed AJ a new contract on the back of 7 wins and 3 draws in our final league games, us then holding Utd with 10 men and McManus butchering the chance to put us 2-0 up at Tannadice. It would have made no sense not to offer him a contract. Maybe it should have been one year, but it wasn`t a huge error.

Re Crawford, he had one full season and we made the play-offs. Started better than it ended for sure, but he had us up there all season. The season before, he had us challenging for the play-offs too.

It`s not a massive success, but it`s not bad decision after bad decision. I think Peter Grant is, and will end up being, a bad decision, but it was made with the new owners on-board also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:05

Most sensible post I've read on here since season started DA-go

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:18

Absolutely sick of the same folk repeatedly saying the board made lots of errors or are inept.

They made one mistake, and maybe that will work out yet ( I won't hold my breath though).

Thanks adding the stats re AJs contract.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:19

Don’t bother DA-Go.
It’ll fall on deaf ears.
First it’s we “are going to be relegated” then it’s “looking likely”.
And the attacks on RM are “”alleged”” because some folk don’t think their words can be used to influence others’ actions.

On the last point ~ Believe you me, they most certainly can.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:22

After all the blood-letting I thought we were getting over this but some folk just can`t let it go. We`re even revisiting the Masterton/Yorkston era!

Anyway, where are these mythical directors of provincial football clubs who are astute judges of football players and managers? Such clubs have invariably been run by local businessmen as far as I can remember and they have never been regarded as footballing experts. Famously, Len Shackleton, a player idolised by Newcastle and Sunderland fans in the immediate post-war years, had a chapter in his autobiography headed `The Average Director`s Knowledge of Football`. It consisted of a single blank page.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:32

Quote:

buffy, Fri 08 Oct 16:19

Don’t bother DA-Go.
It’ll fall on deaf ears.
First it’s we “are going to be relegated” then it’s “looking likely”.
And the attacks on RM are “”alleged”” because some folk don’t think their words can be used to influence others’ actions.

On the last point ~ Believe you me, they most certainly can.

If you’re going to quote me atleast make sure it’s an actual quote, deary me. I said “we are on course to be relegated”, that is true whether you like it or not. Then I said “we’d be very lucky to avoid the drop”.

Also.. the attacks on RM are alleged until proven ffs. I don’t doubt the source, I know the guy personally but even he said and I quote “As I’ve said, only what I heard” & “might have been a director or another board member”.. hardly an open and shut case is it? I’m not downplaying the incidents whatsoever, if it’s true the people in question are lower than a snakes belly & they should be hammered by the club/police.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:37

How strange.

It was a general point I was making ~ not directed at any one in particular.

Clearly hit a nerve though.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:39

I was a bit deflated with the Crawford appointment, didn’t see much credentials, but I thought he did pretty well, we went on that long unbeaten run but such as fans are, means nothing when you hit a poor patch.

He got us in the playoffs, met the objectives and was actually interested to see how he’d do this season with more experience behind him. So him resigning was a bit of a disappointment. He probably caught on that the fans were wanting him out.

AJ I stand by it being the right decision at the time, thought the club needed stability and at the time he was offered the deal we were doing alright. Didn’t work out but far from the wrong decision at the time. All well saying it was now with the benefit of hindsight.

As for Peter Grant, was just wrong from the get go, you knew from the reaction of the fans that the moment it would go wrong it would be jumped on. This was the major mistake, but listen, everyone makes mistakes right, you acknowledge it and rectify the situation and I think that’s the bit where the let down is, they’ve decided to give him more time, but it’s irrelevant now what the results are, he could win a few but the moment that next loss comes he’s back to square one.

Post Edited (Fri 08 Oct 17:40)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net