DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ross Mcarthur stepping down
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:15

Is doing the rounds on Twitter. Can’t blame him given what’s supposedly happened.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Ross Mcarthur stepping down
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:25

The club will be the worse for it if it’s true, no matter what your opinion is on his (and the BOD)decisions Ross has done wonders for the club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:36

Who put it on Twitter? Is it official?

If it is the Pars family is all the poorer today.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:40

Would be bad news for our club (as fans) if he were to step down as chairman.
He has my utmost respect for stepping up to the plate in 2013 & later when he took on the post as Chairman of DAFC, he has made sure things are as transparent as they can be

Whoever is in the post of Chairman & whoever is on the BoD, both wrong & right decisions will continue to be made……….. it’s the nature of the beast

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:47

A huge shame if true. I don`t agree with some of his decisions over the years but this isn`t how this should have ended. He`s a top guy.

A worrying thing for me is who is releasing information like this before it comes from Ross or the club itself? I`m 100% sure the page that posted it isn`t affiliated with the club. If it is true then that info shouldn`t be getting out before the official word.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:55

I don’t like that either, Toun Clock.

I know it happens everywhere but imo it makes professional clubs look amateur.

Ross doesn’t deserve any of this.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 16:57

Total $H!T if true, RM bleeds black and white.

He has worked relentlessy since administration for nothing except the love for the club. To be forced out by a couple of assholes is beyond belief

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:01

While i may think it is the right time for him to step aside it is unfortunate that it is under these circumstances
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:09

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Fri 8 Oct 17:01

While i may think it is the right time for him to step aside it is unfortunate that it is under these circumstances

So who you think is a better choice ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:15

Sad to hear but understandable if true. What a great opportunity for any of his sternest critics to step into the breach.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:27

Quote:

Rigger Al, Fri 8 Oct 17:12

Quote:

It is not my place to say who would be a better choice
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:29

Hardly blame him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PilmuirPar  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:34

It’s annoying when people’s only challenge is who could do a better job. The fact is Ross has been making bad decisions with managers and how he speaks to the fans and people are very entitled to be pissed about that and not be required to assume the grass won’t be greener if we make a change.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:36

Sad that it’s been leaked ahead of the proper time.

Sadder still that Ross has decided his time is up. Big shoes to fill

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:37

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Fri 8 Oct 17:27

Quote:

Quote:

If you could find us someone who has some fantastic business acumen, is a died in the wool Pars fan and will work for free, that would be great thanks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:42

Quote:

PilmuirPar, Fri 8 Oct 17:34

It’s annoying when people’s only challenge is who could do a better job. The fact is Ross has been making bad decisions with managers and how he speaks to the fans and people are very entitled to be pissed about that and not be required to assume the grass won’t be greener if we make a change.

People's only challenge?

You mean apart from the role he played in keeping the club alive, the unbelievable amount of time, effort and personal expense he's gone to for the Pars and the fact he has delivered investment totalling hundreds of thousands of pounds towards new training facilities and academy..?

I

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:45

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're making a right d1ck of yourself

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:46

Quote:

Totally uninformed and crass statement.
That's not an opinion right there, it's total ignorance and a level of immaturity.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:49

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No it isn't your place to say. So you shouldn't have said.
Forming an opinion with fk all knowledge of the practicalities, options or an alternative solution.
Classi fitba fan bawbaggery.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:50

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Fri 8 Oct 17:46

Quote:

That's not an opinion right there, it's total ignorance and a level of immaturity.....

He hasnt been making bad decisions. He was part of a group of people who made one bad decision.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 17:55

Hostility was brewing for a while and there are always eejits that over step the mark, and if the stories are true on the abuse then they need the book thrown at them, but you know what, that’s not going to happen because RM is a bigger person and is testament to his character.

It’s a shame he’s stepping aside, and despite the rumours of the abuse, the way the article was worded really was a big own goal, whoever was responsible for producing it, that last paragraph was so provocative that it made things worse when I didn’t think that was really possible.

If he is stepping aside then a big thanks, and clearly hope he feels comfortable sitting back in his original seat in the NW.

Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone, grass isn’t always greener, big shoes to fill.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:00

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 8 Oct 17:50

Quote:

Quote:

He hasnt been making bad decisions. He was part of a group of people who made one bad decision.

Kinda the point I was making 🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:02

Quote:

Berry, Fri 8 Oct 17:55

It’s a shame he’s stepping aside, and despite the rumours of the abuse, the way the article was worded really was a big own goal, whoever was responsible for producing it, that last paragraph was so provocative that it made things worse when I didn’t think that was really possible.

Except that all the "incidents" and abuse took place before the statement, which may have contributed to its confrontational tone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:08

If they were going to mention it, they should have detailed exactly what had happened.

I think the original disbelief at the tone of the statement subsided when news broke of Ross getting a nail through his tyre and being spat at. If they`d said that, it would have been difficult to get too upset about it being called out in a statement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:09

Chances are we end up with chairman with no love for the club and paying thousands for pleasure

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:14

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 08 Oct 18:08

If they were going to mention it, they should have detailed exactly what had happened.

I think the original disbelief at the tone of the statement subsided when news broke of Ross getting a nail through his tyre and being spat at. If they`d said that, it would have been difficult to get too upset about it being called out in a statement.

I agree. Most, if not all, assumed it was a reference to the end of the QOS game

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:20

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Fri 8 Oct 18:00

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 8 Oct 17:50

Quote:

Quote:

Kinda the point I was making 🤣

Yes i wasnt replying to you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:20

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 8 Oct 18:14

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 08 Oct 18:08

I agree. Most, if not all, assumed it was a reference to the end of the QOS game

Maybe can't mention it if there's criminal proceedings to follow.

Hopefully there is to expose a couple of the complete roasters for what and who they are.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:27

Unfortunate that the circumstances have made him stand down, but the amount of people on here over the last few weeks that have criticised him it's not surprising.
Maybe it's the right time anyway. It looked like he had taken us as far as he could, as he realised without the German investors we would struggle to push on. (although the season suggests otherwise) He should be remembered for the good work he done at the time of saving us. Many will remember him for other things. Let's just hope whoever steps up is able to push us on to the next level, whether he or she is a pars fan is irrelevant, we all want the same thing. Success
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:43

Appreciate that GG but 99% of the fan base wouldn’t have heard of the incidents that occurred at the time the statement was aired.

It was either not mention at all or provide more specific details when it’s being called out. They ended up trying to reference it but in a way that’s alienated the fans by wording it in a way that can be construed as it being directed at a wider population of fans. They do reference ‘a handful’ at QOTS but then they go on about behaviour over the last few weeks casting a wider net.

It was poorly worded and a bit more transparency would no doubt have led to a more sympathetic response.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:44

Well said pars athletic. Lets see if the new owners mean business now.
Do they bring in there own person. A payed chairman to run things .
Or
Cheap option and upgrade someone from the BOD.
May I also add this is all speculation until a statement from RM himself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 18:57

Every football club in Scotland pretty much is trying to do things as cheaply as they can so they can spend as much as possible on the playing staff.

Where is the money coming from to pay for the chairman?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:01

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:03

Didn't you suggest there were plenty of people waiting in the wings, EEP?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:04

Quote:

Berry, Fri 8 Oct 18:43

Appreciate that GG but 99% of the fan base wouldn’t have heard of the incidents that occurred at the time the statement was aired.

It was either not mention at all or provide more specific details when it’s being called out. They ended up trying to reference it but in a way that’s alienated the fans by wording it in a way that can be construed as it being directed at a wider population of fans. They do reference ‘a handful’ at QOTS but then they go on about behaviour over the last few weeks casting a wider net.

It was poorly worded and a bit more transparency would no doubt have led to a more sympathetic response.

I can't argue with any of that, Berry, but knowing Ross, I'd imagine he wasn't keen to point the finger at specific fans. Some of these incidents took place in the weeks before Dumfries.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:04

If this is true, be Careful what you wish for. Very sorry for Ross, but I don’t blame him. Let’s hope one of the new investors steps up as some of the other options gives me the fear.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:10

If this is true it’s a dark day for the club. People with the calibre of Ross McArthur are few and far between. I don’t believe anyone could imagine the amount of time, effort and money that he’s put in on behalf of DAFC and for him to be hounded out in this manner is utterly despicable. Frankly it’s almost impossible to imagine the type of people - and I presume they are human - who would have perpetrated such acts on an upright, decent man and all because their warped sense of “belonging” to a football club led them to believe that they had some entitlement. I’m not going to stoop to insults but these individuals are below contempt. Oh, and by the way, I’m no fan of Peter Grant but as a “supporter” of the Pars of some fifty years standing I accept that things don’t always please you: that’s the role of being what they call a “supporter”. You follow the club through thick and thin - the few hundred of us regulars who pitched up week after week when we were in the lower reaches of the Scottish Football Leagues can testify to that. So good luck to those on this forum and elsewhere who have the remarkable vision to see what the next affordable step is and who can contribute meaningfully to its realisation. In my personal view this is the start of a journey to hell in a handcart.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:14

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:16

Do we know for certain these incidents took place before the statement?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:22

EEP …… as someone who has been relentlessly critical of virtually everything and everyone associated with our Club for the past several years your humility (see above) is utterly astounding.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:26

The 'worst' one was meant to have taken place on Sunday.

The QoS game was definitely prior to Tuesday.

I presume you agree that it wouldn't really matter though - it wouldn't justify spitting at a board member or slashing their tyres?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:27

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 08 Oct 19:26

The 'worst' one was meant to have taken place on Sunday.

The QoS game was definitely prior to Tuesday.

I presume you agree that it wouldn't really matter though - it wouldn't justify spitting at a board member or slashing their tyres?

Absolutely not. Just asking the question. If the spitting story is correct it’s probably the worst thing you can do to someone, nobody deserves that let alone him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:29

Quote:

yorkiepar, Fri 8 Oct 19:10

If this is true it’s a dark day for the club. People with the calibre of Ross McArthur are few and far between. I don’t believe anyone could imagine the amount of time, effort and money that he’s put in on behalf of DAFC and for him to be hounded out in this manner is utterly despicable. Frankly it’s almost impossible to imagine the type of people - and I presume they are human - who would have perpetrated such acts on an upright, decent man and all because their warped sense of “belonging” to a football club led them to believe that they had some entitlement. I’m not going to stoop to insults but these individuals are below contempt. Oh, and by the way, I’m no fan of Peter Grant but as a “supporter” of the Pars of some fifty years standing I accept that things don’t always please you: that’s the role of being what they call a “supporter”. You follow the club through thick and thin - the few hundred of us regulars who pitched up week after week when we were in the lower reaches of the Scottish Football Leagues can testify to that. So good luck to those on this forum and elsewhere who have the remarkable vision to see what the next affordable step is and who can contribute meaningfully to its realisation. In my personal view this is the start of a journey to hell in a handcart.

Good post,agree 100% RM was the closest we had to.a Leishman who gave his all for the love of the club
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 19:37

DAFCnews

Also not affiliated to the club.

Joe bloggs decides to write something and make it look Important by putting breaking news.

DON`T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:12

dave67,I hope you are correct and this is a pile of horseshit for the sake of the club

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:23

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Fri 8 Oct 19:16

I do and they did.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:27

How do we know it was pars fans ? I know that RM is despised by Rangers fans after the vote farce when the season was ended early due to the pandemic .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:31

True, but the timing would be massively coincidental.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:31

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Fri 08 Oct 20:27

How do we know it was pars fans ? I know that RM is despised by Rangers fans after the vote farce when the season was ended early due to the pandemic .

Come on fella.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:35

Maybe it was Antifa
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:35

"DON`T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET"

It was on Twitter - where do you think Reuters and Associated Press go for the inside scoop ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 20:38

John Helms perhaps ? The man who was “threatened” by McArthur ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 21:07

Quote:

Berry, Fri 8 Oct 20:31

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Fri 08 Oct 20:27

Come on fella.

Word for word what I was going to type.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 21:31

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 08 Oct 20:23

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Fri 8 Oct 19:16

I do and they did.

Ok. Hope the guys are caught & publicly named.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 22:33

I know that me and the Volunteers at the DASC DONATION SHOP & TEA ROOM, will be devastated if Ross steps down. He has helped us always if/when we needed it. The despicable behaviour against him has been the worst I have ever seen as a life long PARS fan and a very dark time in our history. I would like to see the people responsible for all of it sorted out and if need be banned from EEP. To do this to a decent person like Ross, can only convince me we have some scummy people in our midst at EEP. Anyway, it is always our way for the decent PARS FAMILY to find the strength to get on with the task in hand.

COME ON YE PARS .

Post Edited (Fri 08 Oct 22:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 22:36

Quote:

steaua, Fri 8 Oct 22:33

I know that me and the Volunteers at the DASC DONATION SHOP & TEA ROOM, will be devastated if Ross steps down. He has helped us always if/when we needed it. The despicable behaviour against him has been the worst I have ever seen as a life long PARS fan and a very dark time in our history. I would like to see the people responsible for all of it sorted out and if need be banned from EEP. To do this to a decent person like Ross, can only convince me we have some scummy people in our midst at EEP. Anyway, it is always our way for the decent PARS FAMILY to find the strength to get on with the task in hand.

COME ON YE PARS .

I with you on this one

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 23:03

>Topic Originator: dave67 like | nolike Like: 2
>Date: Fri 8 Oct 19:37

>DAFCnews

>Also not affiliated to the club.

>Joe bloggs decides to write something and make it look Important by putting >breaking news.

>DON`T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET

Thats why i said it’s rumours on Twitter.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Oct 23:25

Quote:

Pars Athletic, Fri 8 Oct 18:27

Unfortunate that the circumstances have made him stand down, but the amount of people on here over the last few weeks that have criticised him it's not surprising.
Maybe it's the right time anyway. It looked like he had taken us as far as he could, as he realised without the German investors we would struggle to push on. (although the season suggests otherwise) He should be remembered for the good work he done at the time of saving us. Many will remember him for other things. Let's just hope whoever steps up is able to push us on to the next level, whether he or she is a pars fan is irrelevant, we all want the same thing. Success

The season suggests otherwise!

We have not even played a quarter of the season yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 00:58

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 08 Oct 23:25

Quote:

I’ve read the last 7/8 posts from the oversized budgie and come to the conclusion it’s all bird pooooo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 03:11

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sat 9 Oct 00:58

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 08 Oct 23:25

Quote:

I’ve read the last 7/8 posts from the oversized budgie and come to the conclusion it’s all bird pooooo

Guano is one of the most valuable commodities known to nature.
Ill take that as a compliment 😉🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 06:18

Quote:

steaua, Fri 8 Oct 22:33

COME ON YE PARS .

Banned from eep if need be steaua !
That's the very least that should happen .
I would lock these low life's up if they can be found .
I may not agree with some of RM's decisions , but it has to be recognised the hard work and dedication he has given to our club .
Absolutely disgraceful way to treat anyone .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 07:05

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 08:41

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Sat 9 Oct 07:05

About time.

Bit harsh. I agree it probably is time for RM to step back, but only if there is someone ready to step in and do as much as he has for the club. I don't think PG was the right man for the job, but the decision wasn't made by RM on his own.

In any business you should review and reshuffle if need be. However, you shouldn't have board members being pushed out due to idiots taking physical actions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 08:47

To the best of my knowledge Ross has not resigned. I hope he doesn`t.

Ross McArthur is a decent man and has done a power of good for DAFC over the past 9 years and more.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 09:24

Quote:

About time.

Sei nato stronzo oppure ci sei diventato?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 09:28

If true this really is a disaster.
I'll leave it at that.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 10:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 10:48

I completely understand why Ross (and his long-suffering family) might feel that enough is enough, but if he does step down then it will be DAFC's darkest day since administration, as it will represent a victory for ignorance and bad behaviour.

Subject to what the other directors and owners are happy with, some sort of sabbatical might be the way forward, which would allow him to recharge his batteries and come back refreshed.

If that isn't practicable and he still chooses to resign as Chairman it would be great if he were willing to continue at the club in some senior role that could best utilise his enormous talents and energy.

Without Ross McArthur DAFC would be a much weakened club.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 11:19

"To the best of my knowledge Ross has not resigned."

Let`s hope that gets flagged up on Twitter soonest.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 11:20

[Post Deleted] - Excessive swearing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 11:56

Long update from Billy George on FB. Worth a read (possibly deserves a cut & paste thread of its own):
https://www.facebook.com/1571781156/posts/10223394888331705/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:01

Couldn’t put it any better than Honk has to be honest.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:13

Quote:

Berry, Sat 9 Oct 12:01

Couldn’t put it any better than Honk has to be honest.

Yeah it's nail on head stuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Heinz57  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:20

I’m not on Facebook but would like to read what he’s saying. Any chance someone could put it up on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:24

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 9 Oct 09:24

Quote:

About time.

Sei nato stronzo oppure ci sei diventato?

I guess the Italian swear filter isn't working on Dotnet ...

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:26

It says he was told to eff off by two fans outside Starks, was spat on in M&S, had his car keyed and someone hammered a nail into his tyre.

Rest is about how much RM has put into this club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:37

Quote:

Heinz57, Sat 9 Oct 12:20

I’m not on Facebook but would like to read what he’s saying. Any chance someone could put it up on here.

Click on the link, you can read it without joining up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:38

Ta for that. All disgusting stuff. We would be a lot worse off without him. As stanza said in a previous post if he decides to pack it in that it would be good if he remained in a senior role within the club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:49

Great Post Stanza.

I also agree with cfad, Billy George's statement needs a thread of its own

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 12:57

Quote:

"Incredibly sad times at Dunfermline Athletic just now. Problems on the pitch seem to have led some fans to take leave of their senses. The torent of online abuse has unfortunately overspilled into real life. Our chairman Ross McArthur in particular has been recipient of some disgusting incidents which have included his car getting keyed, a nail being hammered into his tyre, two fans shouting 'F**k off McArthur' right in his face outside Starks Park, his family being abused and to top it all off some disgusting cretin actually spat on his back in M&S on Sunday when Ross was buying his wife flowers.

No one deserves this over a bloody game of football and especially not a man who has given ten years of his life (not to mention cash) to the club. Trust me when I say this... There would not be a Dunfermline Athletic if were not for that man. Sure many of us stood up to the plate but it was Ross's leadership, intelligence and people skills that got us over the line.

Since we narrowly missed liquidation 8 years ago he has worked dilegently to improve every aspect of the football club, including putting us in the best financial position we've probably ever been in and whilst results on the footballing side have not been what we expected this season, it does not excuse the excessive behaviour from an element of our suppport. Mistakes might have been made but to err is human.

It is widely rumoured that Ross will walk next week and I for one cannot blame the man if he decides to take this course of action. He truly is at the end of his tether. This may well put future investment into our club in severe jeapordy too.

These are dark times for our club and to be honest, after 52 years of supporting them, I've never felt so out of love with DAFC. What does it say about us that a man like Ross is treated with such disrespect and potentially hounded out the door. The self entitlement is just off the scale!

People really need to get a grip. It's just a game at the end of the day! I'm absolutely gutted and raging at the same time. How dare they!!! 😔😡"

It was Billy George who made me realise my condemnation of McArthur was truly bad patter. Wee bit of appreciation that you never know the whole story, especially in the immediate aftermath of that statement, which doesn't look nearly as bad now.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 13:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 13:09

Thanks for putting that up. Unbelievable stuff. Hope they get the guys concerned. Ban them for life. Utter utter scumballs

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 13:20

I agree with every word of the Billy George post.

Now is the time for all decent Pars fans to make it clear how much we appreciate Ross McArthur.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 13:27

"It was Billy George who made me realise my condemnation of McArthur was truly bad patter. Wee bit of appreciation that you never know the whole story, especially in the immediate aftermath of that statement, which doesn't look nearly as bad now."

It truly didn't help the situation, Grant and if you don't believe that the hysteria you and others helped to generate didn't contribute to the toxic atmosphere, you're either very naive or in denial.

Having said that, it takes a man to hold his hand up and admit his mistakes. Only you and Billy knew about your conversation but you've gone public with what's tantamount to an apology, which is admirable of you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 13:52

Grant mainly attacked his/the board's appointing of managers, which is open for debate.

Calling for him to resign on the back of that didn't make much sense to me as it doesn't change the dynamics of the decision making, but he wasn't really stoking the flames.

He did back up Muppet Par at one point, but we all get caught up in the throes of a discussion sometimes...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 14:10

I'm glad you realise what RM brings to the table now Grant, as GG said above ..respect for holding your hands up

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 14:12

H2C 🚫🎣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 14:18

Billy as passionate as ever - and adding to what some of us on here have been saying for days….

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 14:29

Quote:

Grant, Sat 09 Oct 12:57

Quote:

"Incredibly sad times at Dunfermline Athletic just now. Problems on the pitch seem to have led some fans to take leave of their senses. The torent of online abuse has unfortunately overspilled into real life. Our chairman Ross McArthur in particular has been recipient of some disgusting incidents which have included his car getting keyed, a nail being hammered into his tyre, two fans shouting 'F**k off McArthur' right in his face outside Starks Park, his family being abused and to top it all off some disgusting cretin actually spat on his back in M&S on Sunday when Ross was buying his wife flowers.

No one deserves this over a bloody game of football and especially not a man who has given ten years of his life (not to mention cash) to the club. Trust me when I say this... There would not be a Dunfermline Athletic if were not for that man. Sure many of us stood up to the plate but it was Ross's leadership, intelligence and people skills that got us over the line.

Since we narrowly missed liquidation 8 years ago he has worked dilegently to improve every aspect of the football club, including putting us in the best financial position we've probably ever been in and whilst results on the footballing side have not been what we expected this season, it does not excuse the excessive behaviour from an element of our suppport. Mistakes might have been made but to err is human.

It is widely rumoured that Ross will walk next week and I for one cannot blame the man if he decides to take this course of action. He truly is at the end of his tether. This may well put future investment into our club in severe jeapordy too.

These are dark times for our club and to be honest, after 52 years of supporting them, I've never felt so out of love with DAFC. What does it say about us that a man like Ross is treated with such disrespect and potentially hounded out the door. The self entitlement is just off the scale!

People really need to get a grip. It's just a game at the end of the day! I'm absolutely gutted and raging at the same time. How dare they!!! 😔😡"

It was Billy George who made me realise my condemnation of McArthur was truly bad patter. Wee bit of appreciation that you never know the whole story, especially in the immediate aftermath of that statement, which doesn't look nearly as bad now.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 13:09)

Grant, fair play to you for your about turn. Sadly, few other posters here will have such good grace.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 14:35

This doesn`t seem to be turning out well.
DAFC might be losing a Chairman that the majority of supporters believe is the best man available to lead the club.
And we are stuck, for the time being at least, with a manager that the majority of supporters do not think is up to the job.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 14:50

I for one do not believe in Rumours about anything especially about Ross stepping down ! I will believe if it is an official statement on the DAFC website but not from other sources
If he did I would not blame him for the abuse damage to personal property etc, he is getting at the moment no decent person should be treated like this ! Good grief it is only a game of football I am as passionate as the next person when it comes to the Pars , there are lot`s of things I do not like just now IE: Peter Grant as manager and not a win in the league to date formations and signings but I have seen lots of ups and down over the years but never this sort of behaviour and there is no place for it at EEP and all the gossiping and rumours and bad talking needs to stop now also !!
If he did step down he would only be letting the few Morons that are guilty of these crimes win !!! and hopefully he sees it this way also , those who are guilty I hope when caught they get the book thrown at them
I am sure Ross would be the first to admit he has made a mistake or two whilst being Chairman ,We all know in his heart he is a true Pars Supporter and any decisions good or bad made by him he was always thinking of the clubs best interests ! tell me the person that hasn`t made a mistake ?? Exactly That person has not been born yet !!!!
In these times we all need to stick together and see this through till things come right again which I am sure they will , patience is a virtue and the vast majority of supporters I am sure are decent people who condemn such actions of a few allegedly Pars supporters because we all end up getting tarred with the same stick , so hopefully the guilty will be caught and punished soon
Cmon Ye Pars

Sorry if I have rambled on a bit , just disappointed at the things going on against decent human beings at our club , time for us all to unite

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 15:14

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Sat 09 Oct 14:05

Smoke and Mirrors.
How do we know mcarthur didn't vandalise his own car and spit on his own back?????

WE NEED ANSWERS.

But.. anyone who decides PG is the man to take DAFC forward shouldn't be at the helm to be fair. Germans should just take 100% stake and wipe them all off the board and get their own BOD in. Could all wear the same uniforms too so it looks nice and tidy.

You need to get those blinkers off and look at his managerial record, his coaching career is irrelevant, he’s our manager, not our coach.

PG kept part-time Alloa up in his first season playing decent football. You could say they were punching above their weight. Unfortunately they were relegated last season, not helped by us signing his leading goalscorer. It’s not as if they went down like Brechin.

PG took over at Norwich when they were in the bottom three and kept them up. In the next season they were stuck in the bottom three and he RESIGNED. It has to be pointed out that his best two strikers were sold against his wishes, one of them being Rob Earnshaw.

It doesn’t set the heather on fire but neither is it the worst. There were extenuating circumstances at both clubs, just look at how we fared after Nicky Clark left us. I can also vouch that Norwich had a style that was easy on the eye when he was manager.

I can understand why the BOD decided to give him a chance. What I can’t understand is how PG has got it so spectacularly wrong. I can only hope that his record of keeping teams up in his first season holds true for this season.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 15:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 15:35

I'm not denying that Ross has been abused. However the attack that was deemed to happen at the game against Raith Rovers I find strange. I'm assuming that our directors were sitting in the old corner stand. At the end of the game our fans were quite happy as we had fought back to draw the game and the team were applauded at the end. Perhaps it was a rogue Rovers fan who carried out the assault.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 15:45

Official announcement next week presumably

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 15:47

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 9 Oct 15:35

I'm not denying that Ross has been abused. However the attack that was deemed to happen at the game against Raith Rovers I find strange. I'm assuming that our directors were sitting in the old corner stand. At the end of the game our fans were quite happy as we had fought back to draw the game and the team were applauded at the end. Perhaps it was a rogue Rovers fan who carried out the assault.

Just stop it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 15:48

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 9 Oct 15:35

Can we not go down the old firm route of trying to proclaim it's fans of other clubs.

It'd be odd for a Rovers fan to recognise our chairman, and to then feel he has the familiarity to then use his first name.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 15:48

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 09 Oct 15:35

It could have been before the game, it doesn’t say when it happened.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 16:05

Great post from Honk. What RM and his family has been subjected to is appalling - especially given what he has done for the club. Criticism is fine but the nastily vitriolic and aggressive abuse aimed at RM, the rest of the Board (including our new investors), manager and some players is not. The comment at the end of the board statement criticizing the behaviour of a handful of fans seems entirely justified given what has happened. I also interpreted the statement as indicating Peter Grant doesn’t have long to start winning. I hope RM doesn’t step down because then the nasty bullies win and damage the club. We mustn’t lose sight of the positive long term strategy to progress the club made possible by the recent investment by our new majority owners with the aim of building on what we have been doing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 17:59

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 9 Oct 11:20

[Post Deleted] - Excessive swearing

I think someone deleted the wrong post. My earlier post contains the Italian word for "jobby", not really swearing and certainly not excessive. I blame Stanza from running to Admin, trying to get me a card. 😨

Eta. There was nothing in the 11.20 post that was remotely close to swearing but hey ho.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 18:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 19:23

G.G. I don`t think you got the red for swearing in Italian .. I think it was more for personal abuse on hail2crail .. just saying

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 19:39

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 9 Oct 19:23

G.G. I don`t think you got the red for swearing in Italian .. I think it was more for personal abuse on hail2crail .. just saying

Well, I didn't get a red, the wrong post was deleted and in the one that was left up, I wasn't so much abusing him as asking a ( leading) question.

There was absolutely nowt wrong with my post at 11.20.

And btw, if hail2crail did get personal abuse, it would be well deserved, in my humble one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 19:40

I would have said fair comment GG Riva at 09.24 -- for which we all have considerable evidence.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Oct 19:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 19:43

OKAY G.G. post your reply to h2c in English

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 19:53

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 9 Oct 19:43

OKAY G.G. post your reply to h2c in English

You can Google it if you're really interested, BPP.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 20:06

Back on topic. I've been privileged to know and collaborate with Ross for several years.

I retired from teaching in 2011 and approached the Pars about an idea I had to use our players as role models in local primary schools, to consolidate what they learn in the Health & Wellbeing section of the Curriculum for Excellence. If we gave participating children a comp ticket each this would be mutually beneficial to the Pars and the school children. A director told me the club had tried that and it didn't work. It was a massive disappointment.

I tried again after the new BoD was installed in late 2013. Billy George suggested I speak to Ross McArthur. Ross couldn't have been more helpful or enthusiastic. He said that the club's reputation had been badly damaged when it went into administration and that he wanted to rebuild it and make it the focal point of the West Fife community. He spoke to the manager who allowed me to speak to the players and the 'Pars Tackle Health' programme was born. At the same time,Ross introduced me to two teachers from other schools who had recently retired and were also Pars fans. We put our heads together and came up with two other initiatives, 'Tours for Schools ' (a stadium tour) and 'Pars Stars in the Media' (a literacy programme.)

During the time the Schools Engagement Programme was running ( it was halted by the Covid pandemic in March 2020) Ross was always hands on. He was out to see it in operation for himself, asking if there was any more the club could do, how well the players were representing the Pars and the level of feedback from pupils and teachers. Ross was keen for U-12s to be able to attend Pars games for free. Around 5,000 had the opportunity to do this from 2014-2020.

Ross has been a fantastic Chairman and a great ambassador for the club. We can ill afford to lose him at such a critical time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 20:14

I `d better not flag up the translation - this is a family club website.........and I don`t want carded for GG`s sins !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 20:18

I don`t have to G.G. myself and whole family speak fluent Italian ..

Will never fall out G.G. and that is a fantastic post 20.06

Lets hope Ross continues as chairman

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 20:37

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 9 Oct 20:18

I don`t have to G.G. myself and whole family speak fluent Italian ..

Will never fall out G.G. and that is a fantastic post 20.06

Lets hope Ross continues as chairman

Cheers, BPP. You'll maybe understand why I was a bit irked by H2H's post, suggesting it was about time (Ross stepped down.) It was like suggesting the cowards who abused him and his family and vandalised his car had done us all a favour.

H2H likes to provoke a reaction and he got what was no more than a mild rebuke, imo.
I'm surprised you wanted me to translate it, given you're fluent in Italian. Were you trying to get me my first card after 15 years of impeccable behaviour. Stanza had a go earlier - with friends like that, who needs enemies. ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 20:45

G.G. I do understand I was also irked, the translation was not for me .. it was for the Ref .. :-))

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 21:44

You start with what you believe in. I believe in building a football club rather than a football team - Alex Ferguson
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 21:49

Just an idea...but why don't y'all do the biggest ever protest...for Ross to stay...show him the love?
Hey, call me crazy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 10:22

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 9 Oct 21:49

Just an idea...but why don't y'all do the biggest ever protest...for Ross to stay...show him the love?
Hey, call me crazy.

Its amazing how a demonstration of support can raise morale!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 10:42

"Just an idea...but why don`t y`all do the biggest ever protest...for Ross to stay...show him the love?
Hey, call me crazy."

"Its amazing how a demonstration of support can raise morale!"

Nothing crazy about your idea, Rasta and totally agree with Indiapar, but I fear it may already be too late.

Not heard any fat lady singing though, so hopefully Ross`s fellow directors may be able to talk him round...... 🤞

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 12:04

At the very least we could be doing a crowdfunded to pay his car repair bill.

Really hope Ross stays as he is irreplaceable.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 12:10

Topic Originator: Rastapari like | nolike Like: 1 - 1
Date: Sat 9 Oct 21:49

Just an idea...but why don`t y`all do the biggest ever protest...for Ross to stay...show him the love?
Hey, call me crazy.

This 100%

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 12:16

If he is stepping down why wait until Tuesday to announce it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 12:27

Quote:

livipar2, Sun 10 Oct 12:04

Great idea. Get it started

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 14:03

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 10 Oct 12:10

Just an idea...but why don`t y`all do the biggest ever protest...for Ross to stay...show him the love?
Hey, call me crazy.

This 100%

I suggested something similar in another post.
It got 3 responses and they didnt indicate an appetite for it.
We should do it but who would kick it off?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 14:46

Topic Originator: PARrot like | nolike
Date: Sun 10 Oct 14:03

Quote:

Hey, call me crazy.

This 100%

If only we knew of a talking parrot!

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 14:49

Quote:

DrumRoad, Sun 10 Oct 14:46

Topic Originator: PARrot like | nolike
Date: Sun 10 Oct 14:03

Quote:

Hey, call me crazy.

This 100%

If only we knew of a talking parrot!

....that can sing!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 15:37

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 10 Oct 12:27

Quote:

livipar2, Sun 10 Oct 12:04

Great idea. Get it started

He has put alot into the club. This would be a great idea for appreciative fans to return something
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 16:34

I reckon Ross might get a bit embarrassed if the crowd, en masse, started singing his name. If they did, I guess it would send a message though. More likely, one or two would try and start it and it wouldn`t really take off.

The crowdfunding is a better idea but I doubt he`d pocket the cash - plus we don`t know how much we`d be aiming for.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 16:42

Doesn't stop it happening though DA-go. It's the gesture that counts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 17:40

What a bizarre twist of events .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 19:19

A show of support for a chairman would probably be a first in Scotland and what a positive statement compared to the poison and vitriol lately.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 20:12

Not for the first time, I`m going with Rasta`s thinking.

Like it says in the movies (almost)

I AM ROSS McARTHUR

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 12:40

What about a minutes applause at kick-off at the Kilmarnock home game. There is usually a cheer at kick-off but if it were sustained for a minute we could show our appreciation & it would be noticeable.

What do others think?

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 12:55

Good idea, spread the word and it’s easy to implement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 12:57

Not wanting to sound downbeat but if he steps down on Tuesday, is it not a bit late?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 13:43

In football isn`t a vote of confidence reckoned to be `the kiss of death`?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 14:41

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 11 Oct 13:43

In football isn`t a vote of confidence reckoned to be `the kiss of death`?

It's not a vote of confidence It's a show of appreciation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 16:50

^^^^^^^^^
100% this

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 17:54

Thank you , see ya .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 19:10

Quote:

forever black and white, Mon 11 Oct 17:54

Thank you , see ya .

You honestly have no idea...none at all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 19:19

Quote:

forever black and white, Mon 11 Oct 17:54

Thank you , see ya .

forever black and white wouldn't have been very long if RM hadn't stepped up to the plate when we needed him most. Think about it then get on with your homework

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 19:31

So...before we found out Ross had been verbally attacked and spat on and whatever else, nearly everyone lambasted him for his part ( allegedly ) in the now famous statement.

Now we`re being asked to give him a round of applause and chant his name and show him the love on Sat.

God the guy won`t know whether he`s coming or going !!.

For as much as I abhor the crap he had to endure I don`t think doing that on Sat is the best action.

Brian said on another post, if fans want to express their feelings about what`s happening they should email the club.
Well i think that is what fans should do in this instance.
And let there still be a protest about the other stuff that`s happened because people were certainly passionate about it at the time.
But you certainly can`t do both on the same day.

Or, am I missing something and the protest has been binned ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 20:03

Quote:

Gaz3822, Mon 11 Oct 19:31

So...before we found out Ross had been verbally attacked and spat on and whatever else, nearly everyone lambasted him for his part ( allegedly ) in the now famous statement.

Now we`re being asked to give him a round of applause and chant his name and show him the love on Sat.

For as much as I abhor the crap he had to endure I don`t think doing that on Sat is the best action.

Brian said on another post, if fans want to express their feelings about what`s happening they should email the club.
And let there still be a protest about the other stuff that`s happened because people were certainly passionate about it at the time.

I suspect the issue is that there was no context to the statement. Most fans assumed the final paragraph related to RM getting a bit of stick from fans, which is understandable given the results. What fans didn't know was about spitting and vandalism. That is 100% not on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 20:19

Quote:

jake89, Mon 11 Oct 20:03

Quote:

Gaz3822, Mon 11 Oct 19:31

I suspect the issue is that there was no context to the statement. Most fans assumed the final paragraph related to RM getting a bit of stick from fans, which is understandable given the results. What fans didn't know was about spitting and vandalism. That is 100% not on.

This...
There was no context..
I've never been an advocate of this McArthur out crap...of course as support we acknowledge mistakes but ffs things have got out of hand.

Anyone who has met the man or knows him will know how deeply this has hurt him.
I hope the perpetrators of the sickening, pathetic attacks never go to EEP again with an easy mind, I hope they know everyone else there wants to know who they are...and they are not welcome...to the extent they can't even enjoy a goal.
Sorry for the rant.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 20:28

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Mon 11 Oct 12:57

Not wanting to sound downbeat but if he steps down on Tuesday, is it not a bit late?

I'll be astounded if Ross decides to carry on. He has been hurt very badly by these events because he's a Pars man through and through and he has suffered at the hands of those who claim to love the same club.

I'm sure if he'd been set upon and beaten up by fans of another club, it wouldn't have wounded him as much - he'd have put it behind him and continued as Chairman, more determined than ever.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 20:29

Weird how the abuse story only came out after the statement . The timing absolutely stinks . Leaked by a club place man on Facebook ? It’s absolutely stinking tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 21:01

Wow. You seriously think someone like Billy George is a 'club place man'?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 21:14

Quote:

auldpar, Mon 11 Oct 21:01

Wow. You seriously think someone like Billy George is a 'club place man'?

You got in there before me...unbelievable stuff.
Billy's put his head in where it hurts many a time, his brother too.
There are some serious roasters here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 21:19

Let’s see what people are singing when we are 3 0 down to killie this weekend . The team and club are in a sorry position at the moment….. And the buck stops with him . IMO he absolutely deserves criticism for it. ( not abuse btw) along with all the kudos and appreciation he has received for saving the club etc.

I couldn’t care less if he stays or go’s.,like I imagine 95 percent of our fans. If he stays , fine. He can get on with turning things round starting with dealing with PG.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 21:20

Its almost as if the facts don`t suit Sergio`s agenda?

Crossgates does realise, I am sure, that Ross has effectively been the Chief Executive Officer for eight years, He has done this without pay. In this time, Falkirk have spent about £50 k per annum on a CEO. This amounts to £400k since 2013. That`s £400k more that has been spent on the team.

As far as I know the Manager is appointed by the Board, and certainly the Board will have to address the current situation sooner rather than later especially in the event of another defeat. I am sure they will.

Post Edited (Mon 11 Oct 21:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 21:36

Xgates mafia, I'm pretty sure more than 5% of our support want RM to stay .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:01

Yeah it’s totally normal and above board that the abuse stuff is leaked by Billy George of all people on Facebook. These are the ‘facts’ we are supposedly dealing in. As stated , it’s absolutely stinking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:03

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 11 Oct 22:01

Yeah it’s totally normal and above board that the abuse stuff is leaked by Billy George of all people on Facebook. These are the ‘facts’ we are supposedly dealing in. As stated , it’s absolutely stinking.

Bore off. You are an embarrassment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:09

More conspiracies about the Pars than Roswell! I don't know Billy but I know of him (all good things!) and to suggest he's in with the board is fanciful!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:10

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Mon 11 Oct 21:36

Xgates mafia, I'm pretty sure more than 5% of our support want RM to stay .

I'm pretty sure all our PARS support want Ross to stay.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:14

Billy George as the club place man?

Well I suppose we'd already had the posts doubting if the events had happened, questions whether it could have been Rangers fans, it's only natural that we jumped the shark. Absolutely wild.

Think it's more likely that McArthur wouldn't have wanted the specific events out in the public discourse, however after the pile on with regards to the statement people who know McArthur and knew about the events, and evidently a bit sick of seeing there mate take a virtual booting, have put them out there to give a bit of context.

That's just me hypothesising, but I personally beleive it to be more likely than Billy George of all people being some form of plant. This forum man, conspiracy theories are wild. It'd genuinely be funny if the events surrounding it weren't so grim.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:33

I know Billy in a professional context as well as through the local music and pub scene. He is as honest as they day is long. If that's what he says has happened, then, that's what happened
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 22:33

I wouldn`t be surprised if Grant was spot on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:05

“Local music and pub scene “
Oh that’s me convinced .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:31

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 11 Oct 23:05

Oh that’s me convinced .

Another one that has no idea...not one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:32

Quote:

Oh that’s me convinced .

Why are you going out your road to be an absolute d1ck?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:39

Quote:

Oh that’s me convinced .

I'll not bother going into the great working relationship, 20 years dealing with high net worth clients in financial services, an industry in which Billy is widely regarded as a man of great knowledge, expertise and integrity.
No point reasoning with some of the folk on here, their minds are closed books
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:41

I watch this unfold...and realise just how few people were involved in the movement against wee Gav...
The ignorance on here tonight toward certain individuals is telling.
You know or you don't...not shy saying that either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 23:59

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 11 Oct 23:41

I watch this unfold...and realise just how few people were involved in the movement against wee Gav...

Were you involved in the removal of wee Gav? You’ve never mentioned it before.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 00:18

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 11 Oct 23:59

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 11 Oct 23:41

Were you involved in the removal of wee Gav? You’ve never mentioned it before.

Edgy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 07:40

Quote:

The Roy Barry Fan Club, Mon 11 Oct 22:33

I wouldn`t be surprised if Grant was spot on.

And I wouldn't be surprised if you end up not being surprised, TRBFC.

"It never really happened - some guy on Facebook made it all up."

Seems like revisionism is alive and well.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 08:30

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 11 Oct 23:32

Quote:

Oh that’s me convinced .

Why are you going out your road to be an absolute d1ck?

He doesnt need to go out his road. Its the path he has always been on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Oct 09:07

da no 1
Like I said thank you and that`s a big thank you. But it`s time to look forward and stop looking over our shoulders as a club that about went bust.
Hearts and a number of clubs were in the same boat as ourselves, where are they and where are we .
Stop looking through the RM and the BOD tinted glasses
It`s time for a fresh start
It`s time for a reshuffle from the BOD .
It`s time for the new owners to step up and show they mean business
It`s time , ITS TIME.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

closed
 This thread is closed 
© 2021-- DAFC.net