DAFC.net
Home 03 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 We can still win the league
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 10:33

Delusional nonsense as usual.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2655078/peter-grant-dunfermline-championship-thomas-meggle-ross-mcarthur/
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: We can still win the league
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 10:38

He’s an utter clown.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 10:43

A lot of fans loved his positivity when he was appointed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:00

official site version

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Play_off_place_still_a_live_target&ID=13374

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:05

You've got to wonder who is asking the questions in these interviews to end up with answers like that.

We are 3/1 at home on Saturday against another team in the championship that is embarrassing.

4 league goals all season none at home and somehow we are going to challenge for playoffs or the actual championship.

It's just nonsense the whole situation.

Post Edited (Wed 13 Oct 11:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:10

Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, he hasn’t once said we can still win the league?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:13

Doesn’t once mention that we can still win the league. Just says aim is still to be promoted, which you only need to finish top 4 to have a chance of. Should maybe read the article, before criticising the manager for the writer’s headline being false/very misleading.

Not saying the interview doesn’t concern me, but you can’t really criticise him for saying we can still win the league when he hasn’t actually said that.

Post Edited (Wed 13 Oct 11:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:17

Maybe change the title of this thread as it`s not true.

He`s still slavering tho

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:23

We want to be first,” said Grant. “That’s the pressure and that’s why I wanted to be manager here.

“It’s why I understand everyone’s frustration.

“The levels have not been what I expect from this group and that has been disappointing.

“I expected to be much higher — I expected to be challenging as champions — and that’s what I want to do.

“The way the league has been, with teams beating each other, it has kept us in it.

“There is absolutely no doubt we can do it and I know the players are capable.”

Never mentions promotion, only mentions challenging as champions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:33

Quote:

Berry, Wed 13 Oct 11:10

Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, he hasn’t once said we can still win the league?

I've read it the same as you Berry.
He was asked if we could challenge for top 4. He said yes, then went on a tangent to say he wanted to challenge for the title, and then went back to the original answer that due to result we are still in with a chance of top 4.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:39

It`s quite sad the way people dissect everything he says to justify their view of him. Imagine if he`d said we have no chance of promotion and our aim is to avoid relegation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:40

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Wed 13 Oct 11:23

We want to be first,” said Grant. “That’s the pressure and that’s why I wanted to be manager here.

“It’s why I understand everyone’s frustration.

“The levels have not been what I expect from this group and that has been disappointing.

“I expected to be much higher — I expected to be challenging as champions — and that’s what I want to do.

“The way the league has been, with teams beating each other, it has kept us in it.

“There is absolutely no doubt we can do it and I know the players are capable.”

Never mentions promotion, only mentions challenging as champions.

Conveniently ignoring the paragraphs/sentences added for context, so that you know what sort of questions he was asked…

“he remains convinced that the Fifers can transform a relegation battle into a promotion charge.”

“Grant, however, is acutely aware that time is of the essence; not just in terms of Dunfermline’s wilting promotion hopes, but his own position as boss.”

Or from the club’s version of the exact same interview:

“Despite sitting tenth with only four points from the first eight Championship fixtures Peter Grant claims that Dunfermline can still challenge for a top four place:-“

Even from the quotes you use, so much of what he is saying is in the past tense. He expected to be much higher and challenging for the title, not he thinks we still are challenging for the title.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 11:55

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 13 Oct 11:39

It`s quite sad the way people dissect everything he says to justify their view of him. Imagine if he`d said we have no chance of promotion and our aim is to avoid relegation.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 my view of him is he isn’t the man for the job and never was I was prepared to give him time but that time has run out so he needs punted ASAP and that’s without dissecting anything he has said

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 12:06

Honestly, is this how low folk are going, I get folk are against Grant, I’m far from happy, but let’s not make rubbish up, he hasn’t once said we can still win the league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 12:42

Anybody in this league could finish in the top 4 they just need a run of positive results so we can absolutely finish in the top 4 if we improve significantly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 12:52

I don`t like the decision to keep him on but it is what it is.

Under current situation he is delusional even for top 4. However don`t twist words and don`t believe everything that`s written even with quotes. Tbh I am past it now with everything that has gone on at our club, I stand by my own opinion that he needs to go ASAP for us to have any chance of top 4.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 12:59

TBH..........I`d just settle for winning a game at present & see what happens from there.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 13:11

I would be interested to know what the revised target on Grant is, 10 points behind is some difference to make up in such a competitive league to get into the playoffs.

Would he keep his job if form picked up and we narrowly missed out.

I’m struggling to picture the board saying ‘playoffs or you’re getting the boot’.

Mind you he might not get that long.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 13:32

I just think the article in the courier and official website are not needed at this time.

The whole club in my opinion needs to steady the ship win some games of football and see out this current bad feeling towards the football club.

Although I'm not daft enough to think a couple of wins will change anything.

But at least try
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 15:02

It’s the courier article that states Grant is adamant that he can still win the league. Whether he said it and they printed it and COWs chose not to is anyones guess.

Talk is cheap and he needs to start winning games and putting a 6 to 7 game run together to convince me we will be anywhere near the promotion playoffs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 15:30

Why is this man still in charge of our club? Beyond a joke now.

Genuinely think Killie will take about 5 off us on Saturday.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 16:17

We must be the only club in Scotland that would keep this clown after the run he has had and our league position

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 17:54

Other clubs fans listen to what comes out our club as entertainment. Total laughing stock of Scottish football and our board show no intent on changing the tide. Totally devoid of any enthusiasm now.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 18:07

Quote:

Polt, Wed 13 Oct 12:52

I don`t like the decision to keep him on but it is what it is.

Under current situation he is delusional even for top 4. However don`t twist words and don`t believe everything that`s written even with quotes. Tbh I am past it now with everything that has gone on at our club, I stand by my own opinion that he needs to go ASAP for us to have any chance of top 4.

^^^ This sums up how I feel. Very surprised he's still there but if he goes on to do wonders it would be a masterstroke by the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 18:19

Maybe he said ‘we can still win in the league’? There still loads of chances and eventually we’ll get lucky against a team who has an off day.

Unless during the international break he’s found 4 half decent players for our midfield then we’ll be aiming for a playoff sport….9th.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 18:59

^^^he's absolutely loving every minute of this^^^

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 20:48

See we are 3/1 on Saturday to win.

At home to Kilmarnock.....Kilmarnock ffs ! Letting that sink in sums up the state we are in right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 21:08

Dunce no1 I think your enjoying this more, the more I post the more you follow posting comments about me rather than the pars, whatever get you through the day I guess!

Choose life!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 21:35

I think win a game first and then look up maybe...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 00:21

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 00:51

Quote:

Berry, Wed 13 Oct 11:10

Agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 11:19

Yes I`m afraid Elvislives has put his own spin on this. Peter Grant is still in charge and it would be rather strange if he didn`t come out with a positive statement. He hasn`t said we can win the league but that we can make the playoffs. Our form under Steve Crawford `s management was pretty grim after the first few months of the season and if we haven`t won an away league game for almost a whole year, there was a deep malaise in the club before PG took over. A losing mentality is hard to turn around. I remember a couple of seasons ago our fortunes turned for the better after a Lee Ashwood strike from outside the box. Maybe the current crop of players do have some latent passion and talent under the bonnet that one spark of inspiration can ignite. Let`s live in hope and who knows, maybe PG will be manager of the month for November with a host of big clubs wanting his services.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 11:38

Eh, no I haven't.

It's what the newspaper article says.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 12:55

To be fair to Elvis_Lives, the Courier article does say that we can win the league.
They seem to have used journalistic license and cut out important parts of the quote/question to create a headline rather than what was actually said.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 14:19

Sorry to disagree elvis lives but it seems by majority vote that you are quoting the Courier and not the manager. Wee Pete`s got enough of a burden to carry without being blamed for something he didn`t say.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 14:57

Another to fair to Elvis, PG was on the radio on Tuesday (don't know what station) around 5.30pm claiming Pars could still win the league

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 15:12

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 14 Oct 14:19

Sorry to disagree elvis lives but it seems by majority vote that you are quoting the Courier and not the manager. Wee Pete`s got enough of a burden to carry without being blamed for something he didn`t say.

Please acknowledge it's not my spin. The post title is only reporting a story.

We all know how newspapers work, but as an aside for the ' majority on here' It would be extremely naive not to believe they the official club website would not edit an interview so the club manager didn't look too stupid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 17:25

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 14 Oct 11:19

Yes I`m afraid Elvislives has put his own spin on this. Peter Grant is still in charge and it would be rather strange if he didn`t come out with a positive statement. He hasn`t said we can win the league but that we can make the playoffs. Our form under Steve Crawford `s management was pretty grim after the first few months of the season and if we haven`t won an away league game for almost a whole year, there was a deep malaise in the club before PG took over. A losing mentality is hard to turn around. I remember a couple of seasons ago our fortunes turned for the better after a Lee Ashwood strike from outside the box. Maybe the current crop of players do have some latent passion and talent under the bonnet that one spark of inspiration can ignite. Let`s live in hope and who knows, maybe PG will be manager of the month for November with a host of big clubs wanting his services.

Don't agree with your characterisation of Crawford's time. It's night & day in compared to PG.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 23:11

Granted Steve Crawford had a purple patch at the beginning of last season and was awarded manager of the month and I was very happy with that but from December onwards we fell away badly. We didn`t win one game away from home, goals were hard to come by and the games became painful to watch. We struggled to maintain fourth position but eventually scraped through only to be humiliated by the "wee team". Hardly a high flying scenario to pass on to a new manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 10:02

We weren't humiliated by the Rovers. We were the better team at EEP and in the first half at Starks.

It was pretty obvious when they scored with half an hour to go that it was game over but hardly a humiliation.

The 5-1 defeat was horrific but very much an outlier. We didn't do well in the 2nd half of the season but I can't remember too many other hammerings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 16:02

Post Edited (Fri 15 Oct 16:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 16:50

The 5-1 drubbing, DA go par, which I am trying hard to forget, followed by losing the vital double header, must rank as one of our most humiliating series of results in the history of these fixtures. My dad, a lifelong Raith Rovers fan was never one to crow about Raith victories in these Derby games but I guess he would have been birling in his grave at that series of results. If you weren`t humiliated, I surely was.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 17:46

Weeks before that "series" of results we thrashed them 4-1. It wasn't humiliating to lose the play off but it was a sare one

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 17:59

Yeah selective memories.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net