DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 No news - good news?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 19:19

Apparently there was a Board meeting yesterday but there's been no official announcement. I'm hoping against hope that Ross's fellow directors have convinced him to stay on and not to let those mindless morons win.

🤞

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: No news - good news?
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 19:20

I was hoping the same thing mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: grelin  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 19:34

I couldnt agree with you more GG.
There are some half wits on this forum who really should be careful of what they wish for.
I might not agree with everything the Chairman has done, but he has my respect and has the interests of the club to heart and I hope he does not succumb to mob rule.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 19:53

Was thinking the same all day G.G. Lets hope we have a happy ending to this horrible episode

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 20:08

Been checking dot net all hoping there wouldn't be an official statement. I 100% want RM to stay as our chairman.
Apart from what he has already done for the club, Ross knows what it is like to follow the Pars and is the perfect guy to help getting our new owners to know what the club means to the community.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Wed 13 Oct 21:38

Let`s hope that Ross doesn`t resign. We need him more than ever now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 06:40

Exactly

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 10:12

Totally echo this, GG.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 10:19

100% Agree with all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 13:00

This is hopefully a good sign.

Think we can all agree though that something, somewhere has to change.

This site has become increasingly toxic.

I remember in years gone by we used to talk about followers of the old firm (amongst others) being vile.......I wonder what those reading this forum now think of us as fans......it never used to be like this.........and not just on this site but at games.

East End will never be a fortress again if this continues.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 13:16

Something might have to change but if it’s because this site has become toxic then it’s posters on here who need to change, not the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 14:51

Some danger of being seen as a happy clapper GG but a wee bit of happy clapping can serve as a tonic in difficult times. I`m not sure how attractive a proposition being a board member of DAFC is or how many local millionaires may be clamouring to fill any vacancy. Some might say that any change is better than the status quo but I would guess that it may be more likely to destabilise the club rather than mend it. Someone has said be careful what you wish for and that may be wise counsel.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 15:48

No issue with people voicing an opinion but people need to control themselves. There's been a lot of misinformation chucked around, which doesn't help.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 17:41

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 14 Oct 14:51

Some danger of being seen as a happy clapper GG but a wee bit of happy clapping can serve as a tonic in difficult times. I`m not sure how attractive a proposition being a board member of DAFC is or how many local millionaires may be clamouring to fill any vacancy. Some might say that any change is better than the status quo but I would guess that it may be more likely to destabilise the club rather than mend it. Someone has said be careful what you wish for and that may be wise counsel.

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, Paralex. I haven't been happy or clapping, in a Pars context, since we were promoted from League 1, at the end of AJ's first season. For sure I'd like to see Ross McArthur stay on as Chairman, as I think he's done a great job for the club since he came in, although I accept and I'm sure he would, too, that the BoD's managerial appointments have not been as successful as he or we would have liked. Of one thing I'm certain, the Pars will be poorer without him, should he decide to call it a day and even if hope springs eternal, that's what I'd put my money on, if push came to shove.

It must be so much harder to accept abuse from your own fans, especially when it's completely unwarranted and undeserved.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 23:00

And I would be quite prone to take your advice on that GG. Since I am a little distant from the goings on at EEP and looking on from afar, my finger is slightly off the pulse of the inner workings of the club. Stability can often be a virtue in these situations and learning from one`s mistakes can sometimes bring a competence that brings lasting achievement.

In the meantime, I shall aim to take up my seat in the Norrie and give full vent to my emotions to cheer the boys on against Kilmarnock and who knows, it may be the start of something special.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 14 Oct 23:55

If we look at Grants position and the criticism he is getting from fans left, right and centre, the club are sticking by him. I would be surprised to see Ross leave now despite the incidents he’s encountered.

The timing is off, you’d expect them to stick together and ride this through as one. Can’t have Grant staying, whilst continuously being hounded out by fans for RM to leave post under similar circumstances.

Our failings this season is a collective one with the board bearing as much fault as the manager himself so I think what we’re seeing is a group willing to stick by each other, working together and trying to get us out of this mess…together.

Hard to be critical with that approach to be honest, they just have very limited time left to find a solution.

Post Edited (Thu 14 Oct 23:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 00:11

And while they are trying to do that I see no point in trying to hinder them because we all want DAFC to succeed.

Post Edited (Fri 15 Oct 01:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 03:06

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 15 Oct 00:11

And while they are trying to do that I see no point in trying to hinder them because we all want DAFC to succeed.

Top of the class with that old chap.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 08:29

Nailed it Paralex

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 11:26

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 15 Oct 00:11

Post of the month Paralex

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net