DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next steps
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 14:30

I think it's fair to say the odds are stacked against us in our game against Kilmarnock. The likelihood is a defeat and calls for PG to go.

The board are clearly backing PG and I agree with what they're saying and also what PG is saying, but the aspirations they are talking of aren't being displayed on the pitch.

What's the way forward? Another manager may get more out the players, but there doesn't appear to be a stand out option for a new manager. If the issue is more about player attitude, would sacking the manager make things better? It may be perceived as "do as we say or we'll get you fired" but could equally be a case that attitudes are poor because the manager is poor.

Is the solution to bring in more players in the next window? The players PG has brought in haven't exactly set the heather alight. Should someone else be involved in player appointment? Could this be a role for someone like Crawford who appears to have been very good at identifying and attracting decent players.

Equally, are there players we need to either send back (if on loan) or loan out elsewhere to develop?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next steps
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 14:59

The problem is the manager and a lack of depth in the squad, not necessarily the quality.

He has built the squad around a 3-5-2 tactic, has ditched it already, and has resorted to a basic 4-4-2 to firefight for results, which haven`t even happened.

We have no options in midfield, and if one of Dorrans or Pybus gets injured, we are seriously struggling. Even with them two we are still getting overrun and second to everything in the middle of the park. Weak as pi$$

We definitely have good attacking options, good full-backs and decent, solid centre-halves. Apart from that we really have nothing of good quality or depth. In saying that, we should have enough about us to be in the top 4 at the very minimum.

To be where we are with zero wins is nothing short of a disgrace, and the manager is to blame for his stupid tactics and inept leadership. The win percentages of his previous jobs don`t tell lies. He is hopeless.

How anyone could listen to his utter dejection after QotS and think "Yep, he has definitely got the charisma and poise to turn this around" is needing medical attention.

Complete farce what has been allowed to happen. We will get utterly humiliated on Saturday and we`re just back to square one again with unhappy fans. This was a grace period for the board to allow the heat to die down and make the correct call. They totally went the opposite direction.

What do the board genuinely do once we fail to win any of our next 4 games? What do they say then? Seriously, what do they plan on doing to save us from relegation? It will be nothing short of a miracle if we manage to finish anywhere except bottom. We will be well cut adrift of 8th place after we pick up 2 points at most before Halloween.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 15:32

As grim as it is, that’s spot on. A new manager (be it yogi, Petrie, McIntyre or even dick Campbell) would get more out of this squad. We’re going down as it is, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise. Get rid of him, bring in a new manager and let him sign 2 half decent centre midfielders in January and we should have enough to stay up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 15:40

So you've already flung in the towel and are going along to East End Park tomorrow to boo the team on to the pitch
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 15:59

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 15 Oct 15:40

So you've already flung in the towel and are going along to East End Park tomorrow to boo the team on to the pitch

Not sure anyone has said that anywhere. The support for the players has been very, very good considering the position were in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 16:14

We have to win tomorrow. A draw isn`t good enough. The board have unbelievably backed Grant after a start that was worse than anyone could imagine. We cannot go into the game thinking because it`s Killie a draw would be a decent result or if we lose it`s because it`s against one of the stronger teams. Only a win will do.

The atmosphere was a lot better than most thought it would from Pars fans against Inverness and Hamilton so fan commitment cannot be questioned in the home games but at the same time it`s completely understandable for fans to give negative opinions because of how bad we have been playing. We need to turn the corner fast. Personally I don`t think we`ll win tomorrow as I`ve seen no evidence of improvement but if Grant keeps harping on about how good we can be it has to start showing on the pitch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 16:22

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 15 Oct 15:40

Not sure if this question is to me, but if it is, then the answer is no.

I'm not flinging in the towel, but we've got a well performing club playing a poorly performing club. I'm not a betting man but the odds are stacked against us.

I wouldn't plan going to EEP just to boo. I get as frustrated as the next guy when things go wrong but I'm more in favour of encouragement over criticism, though I will offer it where I feel appropriate 😉

For what it's worth, I'd love to see us utterly pump Killie and for it to be the kickstart we need. Agree with others that a draw isn't enough, even though it's what we should probably aim for.

Post Edited (Fri 15 Oct 16:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 16:41

……….we need to get the first goal.

That’s it.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 16:41

To respond to jake, the odds aren`t stacked against us in the Kilmarnock game. We drew three games in a row, including Raith Rovers away. Raith beat Kilmarnock 3-1 on their own patch and their recent form is not spectacular. We have been very tight at the back, only losing two goals in 4 games. What we need to do is start hitting the back of the net. Hopefully our main strikers are fit after the break. I also hope the recent unrest hasn`t filtered through to the players and that the fans tomorrow give positive encouragement as usual. We can do it, let`s get behind them and even if it ends as a draw, it`s still only October.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 17:50

"Is the solution to bring in more players in the next window? The players PG has brought in haven`t exactly set the heather alight. Should someone else be involved in player appointment? Could this be a role for someone like Crawford who appears to have been very good at identifying and attracting decent players"

dont know how much involvement Meggle and the Chief Scout had in the signings but presumably they had some, I dont see Crawford being interested in any role like that.

"bring in a new manager and let him sign 2 half decent centre midfielders in January and we should have enough to stay up"

wouldnt be a case of letting him sign them, the problem will be finding them first.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 15 Oct 18:00

We’ve not scored first in the league this season

Agree, if we could get the first goal, it could make such a difference?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 15 Oct 18:02)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net