DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Effort
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:12

Well done Pars today, I know it is another draw, however lots of effort. Something to build on perhaps??
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Effort
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:18

Good game at least one of there goals looked dodgy well done pars non stop effort

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:25

I thought that after the Inverness game but sadly we didn`t kick on. The next few games are difficult but we still need to pick up wins fast. It`s good we kept fighting until the end today but a draw is still very disappointing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:36

Thought we had good possession but other than the 2nd goal the final ball wasn't great so we lacked a cutting edge. As usual.
I know it's a well worn cliche but the 2 goals we lost were very poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:45

Bottom of the league and winless

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 17:48

Was right in line with their first goal thought it was way offside

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:00

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 16 Oct 17:45

Bottom of the league and winless

People are just kidding themselves., 😂

BCM
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:19

Quote:

gordi-b, Sat 16 Oct 17:48

Was right in line with their first goal thought it was way offside

My nephews mate, was watching online and and text him original shot was onside but the player with last touch on goal line was offside

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:20

Good to see hail2crail's effort rewarded with the black card he's been angling for, over the last few weeks.

The effort put in by the team today obviously didn't fit his narrative, so the rest of us will get a break from his tiresome and repetitive "sack the board" posts now. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 16 Oct 18:20

Good to see hail2crail's effort rewarded with the black card he's been angling for, over the last few weeks.

Agreed. Problem is he can just register under a different name and start posting the same nonsense again. There's no issue with being critical but we do seem to have some absolute roasters on this forum who seem to want the team to fail just so they can moan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:35

Well played the team …. Fought right to the end and got something from the game. A real team effort.

Well done to the support that turned up on a dreich afternoon.

Though they got right behind the team - well done.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:38

Quote:

jake89, Sat 16 Oct 18:30

Quote:

Agreed. Problem is he can just register under a different name and start posting the same nonsense again. There's no issue with being critical but we do seem to have some absolute roasters on this forum who seem to want the team to fail just so they can moan.

This problem could be sorted in double quick time if we were all obliged to register and post under our real names. Over to you, Brian.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:42

Why is it over to Brian?

If you want to post under your own name……go ahead.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:45

Quote:

The effort put in by the team today obviously didn't fit his narrative, so the rest of us will get a break from his tiresome and repetitive "sack the board" posts now. 🙂

Quite right to send him crawling back under his blue stone.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 18:58

Grant was right in his post match interview when he said that if the team put in 100% effort and work their socks off for the full 90 minutes, then the support will get behind that
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 19:18

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 16 Oct 18:42

Why is it over to Brian?

Because it would need to be made mandatory.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 19:25

Definitely something to build on. A great effort today and my thought was that their first goal was offside. I`d like to see the replay. But we lost concentration right after we scored and I`m sure that hurt a lot but they came back good style. OK a draw but we can take a lot of heart from the display.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 19:30

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 16 Oct 18:42

Why is it over to Brian?

The folk who would be happy to post under their real name are unlikely to be the those who enjoy trolling on here. In my case, many posters know I am. There's no point in having a voluntary set up, as the trolls, rockets and roasters would never sign up to it.

This is Brian's site. He could introduce a rule that you can only post under your real name. To do so you would have to register and provide proof of address and ID. This would discourage many of the inappropriate and unacceptable posts we have seen on here in recent weeks, imo.

I was discussing this with my brother at half-time today. It's really his idea, but has a lot of merit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 20:21

I don`t like to think of it as my site. its supposed to be for Pars fans.

somebody needs to manage it in background, which I try to do most of the time.

there are a number of admin who help out. somebody has to take some responsibilty, but you can`t please everybody.

good to see one user getting black carded ;o)

when people attempt to register we look at the details and other parameters to get an idea of their true identity and want real names. so we try our best.

suggestions are good for the way forward, and having real names may bring back people who hover on the sidelines
I did ask some weeks ago for volunteers to look at the way forward for dafc.net.
so this agenda item is still on the table, but people still have to understand the magnitutde of running a web site for 20 years ! ;o)

Post Edited (Sat 16 Oct 20:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 20:25

A black card? 😂

Didn't see anything wrong with the post honestly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 20:35

Websites have never had people's real name on them.

If I posted under my real name what difference should it make to anybody, I don't know anyone on here, never will.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 20:38

The black card was well overdue after weeks of posts. Fair enough be negative and criticise if you need to, hopefully try to be constructive, but if anyone wants to just come on here to slag off the club we all support, and become borderline abusive, they can do one
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 20:45

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 16 Oct 20:25

A black card? 😂

Didn't see anything wrong with the post honestly

I think it may not have been for a single post by H2C, but for a number of posts* which were obviously designed to provoke a reaction. He's had a go at the manager, the Chairman, a group of posters he refers to as happy clappers and his most repeated phrase is "sack the board." He contributes very little else to the forum.

*perhaps the equivalent of a card for "persistent fouling."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 20:49

Quote:

elvis_lives, Sat 16 Oct 20:35

Websites have never had people's real name on them.

If I posted under my real name what difference should it make to anybody, I don't know anyone on here, never will.

Do you not think it would make you less likely to post anything that could be regarded as offensive or abusive, Elvis? Or something for which you could be ridiculed for by those who know you and saw something you posted?

And how do you know you don't know anyone on here, given we all post under an alias?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 16 Oct 18:38

Quote:

Quote:

This problem could be sorted in double quick time if we were all obliged to register and post under our real names. Over to you, Brian.

Please tell me you don’t seriously think that is a good idea? I get where you are coming from but if you start making people post under their real name then it opens the door to people getting abused away from the forum because they have a different point of view from others what I do think would be a good idea is someone’s real name being displayed on their profile obviously for security and safety reasons this would only be viewable to admin

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:20

Quote:

back oh the net, Sat 16 Oct 21:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 16 Oct 18:38

Quote:

Quote:

Please tell me you don’t seriously think that is a good idea? I get where you are coming from but if you start making people post under their real name then it opens the door to people getting abused away from the forum because they have a different point of view from others what I do think would be a good idea is someone’s real name being displayed on their profile obviously for security and safety reasons this would only be viewable to admin

I think the idea has merit and would be worth exploring. Why would people be abused for simply having a different opinion, provided it is posted in a polite, non confrontational style?

Is the abuse dished out on here to Ross McArthur and Peter Grant by anonymous cowards any more acceptable?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:25

No way will half the users on here consistently post in a ‘polite, non confrontational style’ - that’s social media for you unfortunately
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:31

TBH, this is all off the subject of the thread, and might be better carved out into a new thread, perhaps not even on the Football Forum.

The question of online anonymity is coming more to the fore because of the ever-increasing torrent of abuse and hate directed at public and private individuals.

Gone are the days when our names and addresses were all available in the telephone directory, but anyone with an uncommon name will know that it`s still fairly easy to track them down. So there would have to be concealment of the name from general publication - even in ParsWorld the debates can get over-heated at times!

But DAFC.net is a forum where most of the time most people behave and it`s quite strictly moderated. Some of the stuff that gets posted elsewhere is truly vile, and there`s a growing recognition that this repeated dehumanisation of the targets and desensitising of the posters can lead to some unhinged individuals believing they are justified in taking more extreme action, including violence. Thoughts lead to words which lead to actions.

There`s a brief summary here of some of the pros and cons of anonymity, and there are more scholarly articles available with a quick Google search. There would be downsides, particularly in countries where anonymity from the state is essential for preservation of life or liberty, but at the same time there would also have to be an international consensus for it to be effective - some of the online trolling and abuse is hosted on servers all over the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/56114122

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 08:01

Quote:

Stanza, Sat 16 Oct 22:31

TBH, this is all off the subject of the thread, and might be better carved out into a new thread, perhaps not even on the Football Forum.

The question of online anonymity is coming more to the fore because of the ever-increasing torrent of abuse and hate directed at public and private individuals.

Gone are the days when our names and addresses were all available in the telephone directory, but anyone with an uncommon name will know that it`s still fairly easy to track them down. So there would have to be concealment of the name from general publication - even in ParsWorld the debates can get over-heated at times!

But DAFC.net is a forum where most of the time most people behave and it`s quite strictly moderated. Some of the stuff that gets posted elsewhere is truly vile, and there`s a growing recognition that this repeated dehumanisation of the targets and desensitising of the posters can lead to some unhinged individuals believing they are justified in taking more extreme action, including violence. Thoughts lead to words which lead to actions.

There`s a brief summary here of some of the pros and cons of anonymity, and there are more scholarly articles available with a quick Google search. There would be downsides, particularly in countries where anonymity from the state is essential for preservation of life or liberty, but at the same time there would also have to be an international consensus for it to be effective - some of the online trolling and abuse is hosted on servers all over the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/56114122

Wise words from you, as always, Stanza. Maybe you should change your username to Solomon? 🙂

I agree that I've taken this thread off topic and that it's worth a thread of its own for discussion purposes. It's not strictly a football topic, but many more posters are likely to see it on the football forum so I'm minded to start one there and if admin feel it should be moved to the Off Topic forum, so be it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 11:12

I'd forgotten that you give your name when you register. I think address may also be collected and presumably verified. That's probably sufficient.

I suppose being a Negative Nelly (the main enemy to the "Happy Clappers") is fine but some posters do seem to take the pee a bit. Every thread with the same negativity and no alternatives suggested.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 11:35

It was actually a good game. Pretty end to end stuff at times.

Can’t really fault the effort of the players but this start to the season has just not been good enough.

The turnout of our support is saying a lot just now. We need to pick up a win and fast.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net