DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 9 consecutive league games winless
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:37

Club record ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 9 consecutive league games winless
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:42

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 16 Oct 21:37

Club record ?

Not something I'd be asking after today's gutsy performance, VEE.

I think I'm right in saying that Jimmy Calderwood was given a new, improved contract the Monday after the Pars had recorded their 7th consecutive league defeat.

That has to be worse than 4 draws and 5 defeats.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:42

In season 2006-2007 I think we went 15 matches without a win.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mikey_boy  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 21:46

Thomas Frank lost 8 out of his first 10 Brentford games and look at them now….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:01

Aye look at them, they played Chelsea off the park, were absolutely brilliant and history will record it as a defeat. Ye canny win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:04

Having lowered the bar for league performances by accepting and keeping grant in a job, this weekend can only be considered an excellent weekend.

we gained a point and a few goals in the goal difference stakes on our 2 relegation rivals.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:11

I guess my concern is that we're seeing what he done at Alloa. Get beat, grind out a half decent result, save his job for a week. Then that pattern continues until its too late. Today was pleasing at the end, but at the end of the day we're rock bottom of the league, with tough fixtures coming up against some in-form teams, and we risk drifting away from the pack. One good performance doesn't get him out of the woods. Next week is a worry, with gaspiutis looking unlikely to be fit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:27

Quote:

Club record ?

There's this new thing available called Google. You should try it first before posting on here

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:30

Gaspuitis unfit? Why would that concern Grant when he has Graham waiting in the wings? Or Breen? Or Watson?

Grant came in with big ideas and is now in a relegation fight, mostly of his own making. He’s been reduced to picking the players and formation that he was told to do so on this site two months ago before his job was on the line. Alarmingly, it seems that we knew more than he did. That he is not capable of taking the Pars past the level of Stevie Crawford is obvious to everyone outside of Hamburg and the Rieperbahn.

As a coach Grant is reactive, not proactive. Thus ends the tale. We are in a league where it is claimed anyone can beat anyone else. We remain the only club who has not done so. We have beaten nobody.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 22:54

Quote:

sammer, Sat 16 Oct 22:30

Gaspuitis unfit? Why would that concern Grant when he has Graham waiting in the wings? Or Breen? Or Watson?

Grant came in with big ideas and is now in a relegation fight, mostly of his own making. He’s been reduced to picking the players and formation that he was told to do so on this site two months ago before his job was on the line. Alarmingly, it seems that we knew more than he did. That he is not capable of taking the Pars past the level of Stevie Crawford is obvious to everyone outside of Hamburg and the Rieperbahn.

As a coach Grant is reactive, not proactive. Thus ends the tale. We are in a league where it is claimed anyone can beat anyone else. We remain the only club who has not done so. We have beaten nobody.

Because our defence has become much more assured since he's come in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 23:06

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 16 Oct 22:27

Quote:

Club record ?

There's this new thing available called Google. You should try it first before posting on here

One learns something new every day - didn’t work for me - put me out of my misery and post a link to specific details.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Oct 23:09

The defence was assured BEFORE Grant came in. It only became a liability when he experimented with a back three defence that the majority of posters on here saw as a weakness, even when we won early cup ties against weaker sides. Grant is not being criticised in hindsight: he was being criticised at the time. Check this website.

The team Grant put out at Ibrox was incoherent. An attacking team on paper, but one resigned to keeping the score down and that rarely ventured beyond the halfway line. To me that was a sackable offence but in fairness probably a written warning would have sufficed.

After that Grant went for safety first but effectively has neutralised his attack. We have matched the top three sides in the division- Inverness, Kilmarnock, Raith- so Grant has to take some credit for that. But we seem incapable of actually beating anybody. And Grant has to take the credit for that as well.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 00:19

I`m not sure what the record is, but I remember 1970/71 when we didn`t win until our 17th league game. (Throw in 6 winless league cup matches, and a couple of losses in the Texaco Cup, and it wasn`t the best of starts). We avoided relegation though...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 08:33

Agree sammer, connolly and pybus aside that was last seasons team so what has grant actually brought to us?

To me it’s nothing a host of other mangers couldn’t have achieved including the previous incumbent.

He’s made us worse and spent a decent chunk of wage budget doing it.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: galapar  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 08:43

Related to the title, the effect it is having on the support.
Having been at the 68 final and the good and bad years, many years as a season ticket holder I can see a worrying trend.
As personal circumstances meant I was unable to attend many games and with what is on offer I have gone to even less,while out and about on a Saturday I have met a number of die hards who despite having tickets have thrown in the towel.
While the pandemic gave us time to find other things to do, the present situation seems to have turned off even more. I can only hope things improve for everyone’s benefit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 09:13

From the start of season 1991/92 we went 18 games before we got a win (away to Falkirk 1-0) Davie Moyes Mk2 was the scorer. In fact he ended up our top scorer that season with 4 goals.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 09:17

Think I was at that game. Midweek at brockville ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 09:21

Quote:

auldpar, Sun 17 Oct 09:13

From the start of season 1991/92 we went 18 games before we got a win (away to Falkirk 1-0) Davie Moyes Mk2 was the scorer. In fact he ended up our top scorer that season with 4 goals.

That would have been under the stewardship of Jolly Jocky Scott, auldpar? I remember like it was yesterday, him leaning on the outside of the dugout with a bored expression, looking at his watch every few minutes, obviously wishing he was somewhere else. Took us down and threw away promotion from a seemingly unassailable position the following season and then had the brass neck to demand £90k in compensation when he was sacked....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 09:41

Quote:

Thanks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 10:05

Quote:

I went every one of that run then couldn't be arsed going to Falkirk. Magic

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 10:15

Yes, we had to wait to November 20th for our first league win in 91-92 under Iain Munro and then Jocky Scott. But we did reach the Skol Cup final during that run.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 10:17

Pathetic start to the season really. Relegation looming

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 10:27

Much improved performance yesterday, lost two sloppy goals but all in all looked more positive than in recent games. still doesn,t make Grant the man to take us on to better things, definately has shades of Alloa , playing well week in and week out and being relegated.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 10:39

Quote:

mikey_boy, Sat 16 Oct 21:46

Thomas Frank lost 8 out of his first 10 Brentford games and look at them now….

In fairness there was some amount of bad luck, injuries and disruption during that time. I didn't feel like we were going to be in any relegation trouble during it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 11:26

Quote:

That was the premier division though was it not? It’s a little different when it’s the second tier of Scottish football. Also 70-71 was in the top league too. Most fans would accept us being near the bottom in the premier league surely?

We are in a 10 team league, in the second tier of Scottish football and haven’t won a game. It’s pretty embarrassing.

When was the last time we had such a bad start in the second tier?

Post Edited (Sun 17 Oct 11:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 14:03

Quote:

sammer, Sat 16 Oct 22:30

Graham? Are you taking the P!$$? How he’s managed to make a living out of football beats me he’s murder it would matter if we played a back 3 back 4 or back 9 he would still find a way to make a James hunt of things

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 15:39

Topic Originator: Muppet Par
Date: Sun 17 Oct 10:17

Pathetic start to the season really. Relegation looming

Have to admire your optimism, Muppet. 😉

"That was the premier division though was it not? It’s a little different when it’s the second tier of Scottish football. Also 70-71 was in the top league too. Most fans would accept us being near the bottom in the premier league surely?"

Not me. I think we have the potential to establish ourselves as a Premiership club, competing regularly for a top 6 place and being there or thereabouts each season. It`s what the likes of Motherwell, Livi, St Johnstone and St Mirren (and until last season Kilmarnock) do.

"We are in a 10 team league, in the second tier of Scottish football and haven’t won a game. It’s pretty embarrassing."

It`s where we deserve to be. We haven`t been good enough in this first quarter but it`s where we are after 36 games that counts. We`ll either improve with Grant as manager or he`ll be sacked soon and someone else will be tasked with moving us up the table.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 15:48

Have we had a manager sacked who has never won a competitive league game with the Pars?

Brief look online and Craig Robertson the only one albeit he was caretaker at the time.

That could be the new record.

Post Edited (Sun 17 Oct 15:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 16:38

The Pars do hold a relegation record which stands to this day. When we were relegated in season 1971-72 from the top flight we conceded only 50 goals, a fair few less than more than half the teams in the top division. That total was the fewest goals conceded by any relegated team post-war at the time, before the league set up was changed. In the then 34 game league it was not unknown for relegated teams to ‘do the ton’-concede over 100 goals- so the defensive efforts of Arrol, McGarr, Fraser, Cushley and McNichol etc were pretty impressive. Up front was a different story obviously.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 17:24

1936 - 37 David Taylor.
Run of 6 months with 22 failures to win.
5 wins all season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 18:31

Interesting that we are unbeaten against the top 3. My glass is half full today
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 19:21

Quote:

parsmad68, Sun 17 Oct 18:31

Beats winless against all, regardless of their league table positions ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 20:10

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 17 Oct 19:21

Quote:

"It's the end of the world as we know it....."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 20:54

For me the most important thing is the team performance and the late equaliser. Okay we didn't win but the late equaliser shows the resilience in the team is building. It demonstrates improvement and teamwork. The victories will come.

Nobody got relegated in October.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 21:51

Out of context, yesterday was a good result. With context... Not so much. 3 points next week or Grant can gtf
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 22:16

‘It demonstrates improvement and teamwork. The victories will come.’

You are sounding like Goebbels after Stalingrad. We are in a relegation fight with a manager who does not yet seem to realise this. Get rid as soon as we can.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 22:29

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 17 Oct 20:10

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 17 Oct 19:21

Quote:

"It's the end of the world as we know it....."

Let’s hope it’s end of the no wins streak.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 23:01

Only 7 days to go without a league away victory in a year!
But better not be critical of the board as they are hurting too!! Crazy defensive attitude. I do well at my work but why that should be transferred onto picking a coach for my boys team is beyond me!
Last season we had a manager who had the ability to spot talent and motivation, but didn’t quite work. I have don’t see why he wasn’t promoted to a director of football roll and advised on a new manager, then surely we wouldn’t have the Charlatan!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 23:55

Stevie thought he could do the job then decided he couldn`t so what makes you think he could have picked someone who could?

What`s the point of going on and on about this? Why not just let Peter Grant get on with the job as long as the board want him to? He`s been involved in professional football at a decent level for almost 40 years. He wasn`t my choice and he obviously wasn`t yours but he deserves more respect than some on here are prepared to give him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 00:53

The only thing he is getting on with is getting us relegated, with the board sitting back being complicit!
It was obvious from our preseason games he wasn’t up for, we are sipping into a situation where a come back draw at home is seen as a big victory!!
We have to be realistic here nothing this season has been anything but relegation material, not once have we performed even average!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 07:34

Quote:

DulochConvert, Mon 18 Oct 00:53

The only thing he is getting on with is getting us relegated, with the board sitting back being complicit!
It was obvious from our preseason games he wasn’t up for, we are sipping into a situation where a come back draw at home is seen as a big victory!!
We have to be realistic here nothing this season has been anything but relegation material, not once have we performed even average!

I’m sure the draw will have felt like a victory to the players and many of the fans who stayed back to applaud the team off the pitch.?You are missing a very important point about what that result could mean to the team?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 07:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 07:59

I only wish I wasn`t so blinkered about Stevie Crawford. I felt his teams had far more potential and some of his decisions didn`t make sense to me and caused frustration.
Fast forward to present times....I am totally deflated. I cannot see any light at the end of this tunnel we are in. Grant has bought badly with a one track mindset which consisted of his formation and is now found fumbling around to try and fix a set up which just will not work.

Now sometimes I will be honest and say I feel I have watched a better standard of game in Junior level. What I will say is the players recently have been showing better efforts to turn performances around. The games we were most worried about have been draws. A couple of goals chopped off and given against which are debatable.

The players going off to applause for application on Saturday will make a difference. Hopefully we will see a better performance and result against Partick. I still want to see Grant gone as he is out of his depth. Some shopping will be needed in January for any manager that takes us on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 19:40

Good post Polt

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 19:45

Quote:

Polt, Mon 18 Oct 07:59

The players going off to applause for application on Saturday will make a difference. Hopefully we will see a better performance and result against Partick. I still want to see Grant gone as he is out of his depth. Some shopping will be needed in January for any manager that takes us on.

Have the players not went off too applause against Inverness, Hamilton and Raith? Not taking the mick but AFAIK the support at games has been supportive?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 20:01

It’s taken Grant a quarter of the season to realise that Stevie set the team up in the best way. The fact it took him so long to realise and adopt this shows that he’s not nearly as good a manager as Stevie was, the result of which is that mid table is the best we can aspire to, when in reality we should be top two with our squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 20:20

Grant after what happened at the QOS game and the subsequent board statement and everything that went on with RM and the general feeling of disconnection between fans and club. The fact the fans applauding the team off on Saturday takes a different light than what it did against Raith and Hamilton.

That`s more my point and not saying that fans have not been supportive we have that`s the reason the board statement caused so much fall out/Anger. It felt like a slap to the puss.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 22:45

If a draw feels like a victory they are in the wrong game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 23:07

Quote:

davepars, Mon 18 Oct 22:45

Nah no having that, one of my most enjoyed goals was an equaliser against Falkirk away, header from Ryan Thompson.

A late equaliser can be magical.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 23:30

Grant, I agree it’s all about context.

The ICT away goal (17/18) in the last minute was a fantastic feeling putting us into the play offs, was still horse an hour later.
This season ICT draw deserved the applause, it felt like there was a turn around, however the loss & draws since haven’t improved.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 23:46

Quote:

davepars, Mon 18 Oct 22:45

Darren Young scoring a last minute penalty equaliser against the new club is one of my favourite ever moments watching the Pars.

Nicky Clark up at Inverness as well

Post Edited (Tue 19 Oct 00:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 09:07

Quote:

DulochConvert, Mon 18 Oct 00:53

Maybe the Board know things we don't, DC? It's hard to believe they can't see things we as fans can. They aren't stupid. Let's see how things pan out. If there's no improvement, he'll have to go soon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 09:10

Quote:

DulochConvert, Mon 18 Oct 23:30

Grant, I agree it’s all about context.

The ICT away goal (17/18) in the last minute was a fantastic feeling putting us into the play offs, was still horse an hour later.
This season ICT draw deserved the applause, it felt like there was a turn around, however the loss & draws since haven’t improved.

An equine experience !!! 🐴
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 09:40

If anyone gets no pleasure from a last-minute equaliser in added time against a team 8 places above us in the League who were expected to thrash us, maybe he`s following the wrong sport.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 10:02

wee eck wrote:

> If anyone gets no pleasure from a last-minute equaliser in
> added time against a team 8 places above us in the League who
> were expected to thrash us, maybe he`s following the wrong
> sport.
>
>

Exactly

Bottom of the Championship and playing at home and it’s expected that the away team will “thrash us” is exactly where expectations are.
Every week more straws are clutched to excuse the unacceptable place we are in, keep it up you’ll be blaming the pitch at Kelty shortly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 10:11

I think you`ve twisted my sentiments a wee bit there, Wsk. I wasn`t expecting a thrashing but the doom-mongers were. The problem is, no matter what happens now, for some folk PG and the team will be judged on what has already gone and can`t be changed. For me the biggest problem to overcome now is the lack of confidence resulting from that horrific spell when we were gifting goals and making it easy for the opposition. Hopefully Saturday`s display and the last-gasp equaliser will help to boost confidence.

ETA - I see Aberdeen have given Stephen Glass a vote of confidence after a 10-game winless run, including defeats in their last 5 games.

Post Edited (Tue 19 Oct 10:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 10:30

If the optimists are allowed to get on their high horse when they're called " happy clappers " .
Is it OK for me as a bit of a pessimist to get annoyed at the term " doom monger " ?
Fwiw , I thought we'd get a doing on Saturday and was absolutely chuffed when we equalised.
Even if I was pessimistically 50 yards down the halbeath road when we scored !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 10:48

Oh well, optimism overcame pessimism on Saturday. I would have been as sick as a parrot if I`d missed that goal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 12:48

Falconbridge against Celtic!!!! for me
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 13:04

Aye it's clear it was a pretty daft thing davepars posted

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 13:06

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 19 Oct 10:48

Oh well, optimism overcame pessimism on Saturday. I would have been as sick as a parrot if I`d missed that goal.

Keep me oot yer tiffs.
I didnae say a word.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 13:07

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Tue 19 Oct 10:02

wee eck wrote:

> If anyone gets no pleasure from a last-minute equaliser in
> added time against a team 8 places above us in the League who
> were expected to thrash us, maybe he`s following the wrong
> sport.
>

Exactly

Bottom of the Championship and playing at home and it’s expected that the away team will “thrash us” is exactly where expectations are.
Every week more straws are clutched to excuse the unacceptable place we are in, keep it up you’ll be blaming the pitch at Kelty shortly.

What was it Kevin Bridges said about Danny Dyer?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 13:12

I find it strange that some on here appear to be unable to distinguish between short term targets and medium/long term targets.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 13:35

Are parrots particularly susceptible to sickness, PARrot? I`ve always wondered what the origin of `sick as a parrot` was.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 14:25

I did say "they" meaning the players and not "us" meaning the fans. Each to their own though.......I`ve thoroughly enjoyed coming away from some games after snatching a draw.

Falconbridge as mentioned above clearly one of the picks of the bunch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 16:29

4-4 at Dens

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 18:41

“Not me. I think we have the potential to establish ourselves as a Premiership club, competing regularly for a top 6 place and being there or thereabouts each season. It`s what the likes of Motherwell, Livi, St Johnstone and St Mirren (and until last season Kilmarnock) do.”

So do I but let’s face it, if you were giving the fans a choice of being bottom of the championship or the Premier league, I know which one most would pick.

Also it’s a bit optimistic thinking of establishing ourselves in the premiership when in 5 years we haven’t managed to mount a decent challenge for the title.

Who knows how long it is going to take for us to put in a serious challenge for
the league. AJ,Crawford and Grant haven’t cut the mustard so far that’s for sure.

Post Edited (Wed 20 Oct 06:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 18:44

The 2-2 at Falkirk when we came from 2 down. Kept us top of the league as well I’m sure. Just before all the admin kicked off.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 18:48

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 19 Oct 13:35

Are parrots particularly susceptible to sickness, PARrot? I`ve always wondered what the origin of `sick as a parrot` was.

Maybe comes from Freddy (Parrot Face) Davis. Who was, "Thick, thick, thick up to here."
Of course, his two front teeth were missing, pending a Christmas present, so he wasn't suggesting parrots are intillectually challenged.

Post Edited (Tue 19 Oct 18:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 08:55

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 19 Oct 18:48

Quote:

Maybe comes from Freddy (Parrot Face) Davis. Who was, "Thick, thick, thick up to here."
Of course, his two front teeth were missing, pending a Christmas present, so he wasn't suggesting parrots are intillectually challenged.

Maybe spell checker challenged though ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 09:10

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 20 Oct 08:55

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 19 Oct 18:48

Quote:

Maybe spell checker challenged though ?

Oops! Lol. Tempted to edit it, but I can be humble.....sometimes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 09:42

I couldn`t resist the opportunity to ruffle your feathers !!!

A dollop (?) of pot and kettle - I regularly have to check spelling of words that don`t seem right to the eye.

Those that have double letters are usual suspects - for years I couldn`t spell accommodation, for example, without a second opinion.

Post Edited (Wed 20 Oct 09:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 09:44

Don`t you mean `without` a second opinion?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 10:00

Sneaked in a correction I see, vee! Spell-checker doesn`t pick up everything does it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 10:46

No, it can`t recognise an omission !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 13:10

I used to have trouble with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis but I think I've nailed it now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 18:01

Is`nt that an avian condition which afflicts psittacines - especially the Norwegian Blue species ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Oct 19:36

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 20 Oct 18:01

Is`nt that an avian condition which afflicts psittacines - especially the Norwegian Blue species ?

I think it's got more to do with Minahs, and possibly coal tits.

Post Edited (Wed 20 Oct 19:37)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net