DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pybus
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 12:06

Thought he had another great game, albeit was hooked early (was he ill?). Just seems an honest, hard-working player that doesn't make too many mistakes. And when he does, he battles to make amends. Seemed to be everywhere yesterday, including one great run onto the box as we broke down the wings. I know he may not be technically too gifted, but I'm really warming to this player.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pybus
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 12:15

Peter Grant in his post-match comments yesterday said he was sick before the game but still played. He said he was sick six times on the pitch during the game. I agree with you Milos. While not technically the most gifted player, he works so hard and gives everything. You can`t ask any more from anyone but to do their best, and for me he does that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 12:54

Looked like he was going to be sick in the park too? Certainly didn’t look right.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 13:08

Quote:

RhinoPars, Sun 17 Oct 12:15

Peter Grant in his post-match comments yesterday said he was sick before the game but still played. He said he was sick six times on the pitch during the game. I agree with you Milos. While not technically the most gifted player, he works so hard and gives everything. You can`t ask any more from anyone but to do their best, and for me he does that.

If that’s the case do we not have a duty to either not play him or take the player off the moment he doesn’t look right, leaving him to be sick six times doesn’t sound right to me.

Post Edited (Sun 17 Oct 13:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 13:28

Nevertheless I like the guy and I hope him and Paul Allen get a run in the team

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 13:35

He reminds me a bit of Andy Geggan with his stature and work rate in the middle of the pitch,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 13:54

Got a mention on `Off the Ball` this afternoon. Nice to get some good publicity for a change! 😊

It looks like neither Dorrans nor Cole was available which may be why Pybus started.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 15:19

His first few games I thought he was absolutely dreadful and should never wear a Pars shirt again.
How wrong was I?
Since the Inverness game he has been outstanding and would now be my first name on the teamsheet.
I thought he was taken off yesterday cause he was on a yellow and manager didn't want to risk him getting sent off. If he was sick and still played that well then we'll done him
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 15:23

Real grafter works his socks of constantly , like his attitude, think him and Paul Allan should get a run in the team we looked miles better in the midfield yesterday

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 15:35

Sick or not, he had a great game yesterday.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 15:36

Not disputing that he runs around allot, he certainly does. However his lack of quality on the ball is a pretty big problem when he plays in centre midfield.

Our centre midfield has been our biggest problem this season, calling anyone who's played there consistently "outstanding", doesn't sit right with me tbf.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 17:06

I have been at every home game and Pybus has been good in all of them. Can't understand the dislike some on here have for him. He is a Gary Mason type of player, does the hard graft and non flashy stuff and works as hard as anyone in that team. Fully deserves his place in the team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 18:49

^^^^ This. He doesn't seem to create much and only Docherty of Partick has picked up more yellows this season so he needs to be careful. But I don't think he's done too badly at all. Some had made their mind up about him before he'd even worn a Pars shirt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 18:58

Our fans read too much into the QoS views on him when we signed him. Most said he’s not the most technical but a grafter and I think that’s what we’re seeing. I thought him and Paul Allan done very well yesterday, especially the latter, he’s very neat and tidy and always wants the ball.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 20:11

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Sun 17 Oct 18:58

Our fans read too much into the QoS views on him when we signed him. Most said he’s not the most technical but a grafter and I think that’s what we’re seeing. I thought him and Paul Allan done very well yesterday, especially the latter, he’s very neat and tidy and always wants the ball.

Quick google shows he was wanted by Dundee who topped our league and Ross County in the premier league last January. His decision to turn down his contract offer at QOTS…..nowhere does it say he’s not good enough for them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 20:32

Had interest from England and Ireland before joining us in the summer. Every side needs a total grafter like him. He’d be the first to say he’s not the most technically gifted player but him doing the dirty work should allow the more technically gifted players to do their jobs.

I’m really glad things have turned for him after his “slow” start. Think he can be a real asset for us and would be keen to see him and Wilson play in the middle.

Both players quite happy to do the dirty work and it could allow the wingers more freedom to playmake

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 20:53

It's almost as if you should give people a chance to settle into a new cub
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 21:01

Its often the case that the slow starters end up being our club stalwarts. Im always wary of players who come to the club and put in great early performances. They tend to tail off pretty quickly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 17 Oct 21:52

I’m not sure what quality of midfield player some fans are expecting for around £800 a week ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 00:34

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 18:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 01:13

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 17 Oct 21:52

I’m not sure what quality of midfield player some fans are expecting for around £800 a week ?

A Gary mason style midfielder who is asked to do the dirty work and just puts his head down and gets on with it?….oh wait that’s what I expect regardless of how much he is paid

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 06:53

For anyone like me who was at the game on saturday......did Pybus/Allan look out of place up against the Kilmarnock midfield two? I didn't think so.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 09:19

And Pybus wasn't even well, and still put in a shift.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 11:06

"Topic Originator: back oh the net like | nolike
Date: Mon 18 Oct 01:13

Quote:

A Gary mason style midfielder who is asked to do the dirty work and just puts his head down and gets on with it?….oh wait that’s what I expect regardless of how much he is paid

Come on ye pars ⚽️"

Is that not the type of player he is? I`m not sure what point you are making?
Mine was that any player at this level is going to have limitations.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 11:09

I wouldn't want a player playing whilst sick but it shows some determination to get on that pitch and go for it. It sounds like a few others have been playing with niggles. I wouldn't want anyone doing any harm to themselves, but it suggests the players haven't given up on Grant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 11:12

Pybus surely isn't getting compared to Gary Mason? While Gary Mason worked hard he was also a very good footballer, you don't play as many games in the Premier as much as Mason did by being as limited on the ball as Pybus is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 11:25

He's getting compared to Mason. No-one is suggesting he is as good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 12:47

He may also improve with coaching. Its about potential. He has the work ethic.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 13:02

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 18 Oct 11:25

Correct

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 14:18

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 18 Oct 11:25

OK, in comparison to Mason

-He's a centre midfielder

... And that's about it.

The comparison to Geggan is a bit more relevant, however if I were to compare him to Pars players of yesteryear I'd go for Jamie Mole.

Both players who absolutely run themselves into the ground, however they're like a speedboat without a driver with the throttle stuck on, fair covering the miles but their influence is pretty neglible really.

I appreciate the effort he puts in, but it's a position we'd need to improve on if we've got aspirations of a title challenge.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 14:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 14:30

Who should we have signed instead Grant?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 14:34

Great point, give him a lifetime contract. 🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 14:42

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 18 Oct 11:06

Quote:

Come on ye pars ⚽️"

Not making any point other than that’s what I look for in a central midfielder and we have that in Dan pybus so therefore I’m happy

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 15:05

"Topic Originator: Grant
Date: Mon 18 Oct 14:34

Great point, give him a lifetime contract."

I`d like a better player than we have in most positions. I don`t know who was available and willing to come for the same money who would have done a better job though.

Easy just to post on a forum that everything should be better

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 15:44

Quote:

back oh the net, Mon 18 Oct 14:42

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 18 Oct 11:06

Quote:

Come on ye pars ⚽️"

Not making any point other than that’s what I look for in a central midfielder and we have that in Dan pybus so therefore I’m happy

👍👍

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 15:44

Quote:

Perkins, Mon 18 Oct 15:05

Date: Mon 18 Oct 14:34

Great point, give him a lifetime contract."

I`d like a better player than we have in most positions. I don`t know who was available and willing to come for the same money who would have done a better job though.

Easy just to post on a forum that everything should be better

By that logic it's best to pass absolutely no opinions on anything in life ever, it's pretty rare to be the holder of every fact with regards to a decision.

This forum would die a death pretty quickly as would any discussion pertaining to football.

If I were to go to a restaurant and get served a meal that didn't taste very nice, would you be placed to complain on it? I'm not a chef, I don't know what a chef does with regards to making a dish special but likewise I have taste buds, I know if something tastes bad.

With football, no I don't know our budget, I don't know how much money we have with regards to scouting, I don't have an account with wyscout where I can pull up a list of players, and even if I did I don't know them personally to know what their contract demands would be.

However I've got eyes, I can watch Pybus and say roughly what I think his abilities of a player are relative to a Scottish championship side. Same as everyone else on the thread, it's not that deep.

No one on this thread knows his contract for example, Raymie has said 800, is that how much Raymie thinks he's worth? What if he was on 2 grand a week? Would we still consider him to be worth it? On the other end of the scale while I don't massively rate him, if he was on sub 500 quid a week he'd be fantastic value! Again though, I didn't consider the conversation to be that deep.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 15:54

"No one on this thread knows his contract for example, Raymie has said 800, is that how much Raymie thinks he`s worth? What if he was on 2 grand a week? Would we still consider him to be worth it? On the other end of the scale while I don`t massively rate him, if he was on sub 500 quid a week he`d be fantastic value! Again though, I didn`t consider the conversation to be that deep."

Grant, I`ve no idea what he is on but I`m pretty sure the average for the squad is circa £800 - some will be on more and some will be on less?
I`d imagine Pybus would be at the lower end of the scale, taking into account his previous clubs and standing in the game, therefore, he seems to be a decent enough acquisition?
There are more talented players out there, but I`m not sure they would come here for that kind of salary?

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 15:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:03

I`ve been watching the Pars for nearly 40 years. We`ve had our fair share of absolutely terrible` lightweight, ineffective midfielders.

To be honest I`d never heard of him & I read what fans of other clubs, particularly QOS, thought of him when he signed & feared the worst. He`s nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be & with the right midfield partner (hopefully Paul Allen) he`ll only improve. He`s in there to do a certain job & so far he`s doing it well.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 16:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:06

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 18 Oct 15:54

"No one on this thread knows his contract for example, Raymie has said 800, is that how much Raymie thinks he`s worth? What if he was on 2 grand a week? Would we still consider him to be worth it? On the other end of the scale while I don`t massively rate him, if he was on sub 500 quid a week he`d be fantastic value! Again though, I didn`t consider the conversation to be that deep."

Grant, I`ve no idea what he is on but I`m pretty sure the average for the squad is circa £800 - some will be on more and some will be on less?
I`d imagine Pybus would be at the lower end of the scale, taking into account his previous clubs and standing in the game, therefore, he seems to be a decent enough acquisition?
There are more talented players out there, but I`m not sure they would come here for that kind of salary?

Bit presumptuous of us to think that though! You could argue that if he's played his cards right and realised we were light on centre mid he could've commanded more? There's allot that goes into determin a players worth.

I prefer Wilson, Allan and Dorrans in the middle as things stand.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:09

Grant, you have made your point, you don't rate him. However, looks like you might be in a minority on here because plenty others appreciate what the guy is doing. We will just have to agree to disagree but then, that's what forums are all about.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:35

Pybus has been more effective in the last 3 days than Jamie Mole was in his entire time at the Pars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:38

Date: Mon 18 Oct 15:44

If I were to go to a restaurant and get served a meal that didn`t taste very nice, would you be placed to complain on it?"

Posting a negative review regarding every aspect of the restaurant, food, price, staff, decor, location every hour for the next 6 months would probably be a more accurate anaolgy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:43

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 18 Oct 16:35

Pybus has been more effective in the last 3 days than Jamie Mole was in his entire time at the Pars.

On a sliding scale he's definitely more Jamie Mole than Gary Mason.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 16:49

Quote:

CrossPar, Mon 18 Oct 16:09

Grant, you have made your point, you don't rate him. However, looks like you might be in a minority on here because plenty others appreciate what the guy is doing. We will just have to agree to disagree but then, that's what forums are all about.

I missed the Killie game where he seems to have played well, although I found Socks post on the match thread about us looking poor without the ball quite interesting.

Got my fingers very much crossed that he has a good game against Partick. Playing them then Rovers in the form they're in, doesn't get much tougher.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 17:24

Wasn`t Jamie Mole a striker (who never struck - at least in a Pars` shirt)?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 17:33

"Wasn`t Jamie Mole a striker (who never struck - at least in a Pars` shirt)?"

He was Eck, in the same vein as Gary Mason............

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 17:39

I missed the Killie game where he seems to have played well.
Judging by your comments Grant, I think you have missed a lot of Pars games!

C`mon
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 18:45

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 18 Oct 17:24

Wasn`t Jamie Mole a striker (who never struck - at least in a Pars` shirt)?

Played out wide a bit aswell, he was physically good, decent size and OK pace to go with it, and strength, seemed to never tire and run all game! The drama came when he actually got the ball tbf.

That's why I compared him to Pybus, who in the games I've seen him his main attribute is his quite fantastic work rate, much like it was Moles greatest quality.

I don't see the similarities with Mason at all, who while being a defensively minded centre mid was a very intelligent footballer who was tidy on the ball, from what I remember anyway. And that's not how I'd describe Pybus. I'd love a Gary Mason type player in the team, from little I've seen I think Allan is far more similar to Mason.

Quote:

KilsythPar, Mon 18 Oct 17:39

I missed the Killie game where he seems to have played well.
Judging by your comments Grant, I think you have missed a lot of Pars games!

Sadly I've seen most Pars games this season, that was only the second one I've missed.

Fwiw I'm not saying Pybus is awful, it just seems I don't rate him nearly as highly aso others on the thread, we're bottom of the table without a win this season, I'm sure most would agree that centre midfield is a problem? Calling one of the consistent starters in there outstanding (or any player outstanding so far this season) just seemed odd to me, likewise comparing him to Gary Mason. I just don't see the similarities between those players at all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 19:00

I must be missing something here.

All people are saying is that he played well on Saturday and is a wee bit better than the absolute dud the P&B collective described him as when he signed.

If you'd ever played football at any level you'd know playing with better players who are playing with a bit of confidence brings out the best in you too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 19:27

Can we agree he had his best game on Saturday?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 19:38

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 18 Oct 19:00

If you'd ever played football at any level you'd know playing with better players who are playing with a bit of confidence brings out the best in you too.

Don't think we can say that when we are where we are tbh.

And I must be missing something as well, I replied saying that he hasn't been outstanding, because he hasn't. And then disputed the comparisons to Gary Mason, even aside from the quality comparisons they are very different players.

It seems there can't be a middle ground on here, you either need to wax lyrical or condemn, utterly bizarre.

Quote:

fcda, Mon 18 Oct 19:27

Well, I can't sadly! 😉

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 19:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 20:14

Quote:

Grant, Mon 18 Oct 19:38

Quote:

And I must be missing something as well, I replied saying that he hasn't been outstanding, because he hasn't. And then disputed the comparisons to Gary Mason, even aside from the quality comparisons they are very different players.

It seems there can't be a middle ground on here, you either need to wax lyrical or condemn, utterly bizarre.

Quote:

Well, I can't sadly! 😉

Grant help me out here FFS. My point was that the better the team plays and the more confident his team mates get, the better he will probably get.

What's utterly bizarre is your refusal to accept what most folk on here are saying. He had a good game on Saturday.

Edited as I really can't be bothered arguing as I normally respect your opinions

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 20:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 20:30

He's a small, energetic holding midfielder. His range of passing is relatively limited, but he's good positionally, has a good first touch and tends to find a Pars player with a pass.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to say he does a similar job to the one Gary Mason did. We'll agree that he's not in the same class.

Jamie Mole was hopeless. It was obvious he was never going to score for us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 20:50

I thought his best game was against Hamilton. He was everywhere. Boundless energy, broke up many attacks and got forward to support a good few times. Was my MOM that day

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 20:54

Reminded me more of Alex Burke but one of those guys who is under appreciated with what he does and you'd notice how much we miss him if he wasn't playing.

Not that the bar has been set very high at all by the others but he's probably been the most impressive of Grant's signings so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 20:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 21:11

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Mon 18 Oct 20:54

Reminded me more of Alex Burke .

Surely no! His legs were well gone by the time he got to us.

He totally won me over once he got moved inside, he'd been a winger most of his career and Macca played him out on the left and he looked pretty awful. McIntyre moved him inside and he was brilliant at times and a joy to watch, used to drop deep in midfield to instigate moves, lovely player.

Some goal at Dens.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 21:13

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 18 Oct 20:14

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I can't sadly! 😉

Grant help me out here FFS. My point was that the better the team plays and the more confident his team mates get, the better he will probably get.

What's utterly bizarre is your refusal to accept what most folk on here are saying. He had a good game on Saturday.

Edited as I really can't be bothered arguing as I normally respect your opinions

How's that bizarre? I didn't see the game FFS, I can neither disagree or agree with people's view of the game on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 21:21

Quote:

Grant, Mon 18 Oct 21:11

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Mon 18 Oct 20:54

Reminded me more of Alex Burke .

Surely no! His legs were well gone by the time he got to us.

He totally won me over once he got moved inside, he'd been a winger most of his career and Macca played him out on the left and he looked pretty awful. McIntyre moved him inside and he was brilliant at times and a joy to watch, used to drop deep in midfield to instigate moves, lovely player.

Some goal at Dens.

Yep, when Burkey moved into midfield, we benefited from his game intelligence

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 21:39

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I can't sadly! 😉

So you think he's played better in a previous game for us? That's promising.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 21:41

Apologies

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 21:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 22:04

Jamie Mole was awful for us, with pretty much no redeeming features as a football player. The one strong memory I have of him is playing in the semi final against Falkirk, and having a game on a par with Gary Dempsey`s infamous shocker at Inverness. I don`t see a likeness there at all.

I don`t think his style is simlar to Gary Mason`s either, as he`s more likely to get forward into good attacking positions than Mason ever was. Gary Mason is probably my favourite Pars player ever, but supporting the attack was not his thing.

The Andy Geggan likeness is probably the best.

I`ve mentioned Pybus quite a few times in my summaries of games over the last 6 weeks or so, all of them in a positive sense. My view of him hasn`t changed very much - he`s a limited player with a good attitude and good work ethic and the good bits of his game have usually outweighed his limitations. I don`t think he`s ever been outstanding but he`s been our best midfield player this season by some distance. Given how bad some of the others have been that maybe isn`t saying a lot, but to look OK given what`s sometimes been around him, and some of the utterly ridiculous systems we played early in the season, says that he`s done OK. That awful day at Ayr, I looked around all the players in the team towards the end of the game and there was only one in our team who was still looking for the ball with no hint of hiding or becoming dispirited. Guess who. That said a lot for me about his character as a player.

A player like that is probably more noticable in a struggling team. When you`re playinjg well, the more flashy players will stand out more but when it`s not going well and those players just aren`t dong it, that kind of graft and effort can get you through a game. I`m glad he`s been playing for my team in recent weeks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 22:29

Burke was far more cultured on the ball and far less mobile.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 22:56

There was a lovely interview with Burke after we won the title and it really seemed to mean allot to him, wish I could find it again.

Edit - Click here

Post Edited (Mon 18 Oct 22:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 23:01

Well this escalated quickly!

Socks, that's a really nice post, and pretty much sums up my feelings.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 23:24

Jamie Mole was an awful player for us. I can only assume he made it through to first team football on account of being a big lump, and fairly strong. A poor striker, although I heard Moles best position was in the hole.
Pybus is okay, it's possible Peter Grant will see a lot of himself in him though, a limited player that works hard. He might be able to develop him into a solid enough midfielder
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 00:06

Would enjoy 4-3-3 when Wilson comes back with Wighton up top. O Hara rotating wide with the three wingers to give us 4 genuine options out wide and Dorrans and Allan rotating in the middle. Reece Cole - the less said the better. Absolute nothing player

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 10:43

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 18 Oct 23:24

Jamie Mole was an awful player for us. I can only assume he made it through to first team football on account of being a big lump, and fairly strong. A poor striker, although I heard Moles best position was in the hole.
Pybus is okay, it's possible Peter Grant will see a lot of himself in him though, a limited player that works hard. He might be able to develop him into a solid enough midfielder

That's a good shout in that Grant might see a bit of himself in there.

Ultimately I always have the view that other than the Masterton golden overdraft era, all players for DAFC are going to be fundamentally limited in some sense so you might as well get on with it and support them with a glass half full view, especially if they're on the young side. Unless they're totally rotten to the core like Simmons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 11:25

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Tue 19 Oct 10:43

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 18 Oct 23:24

That's a good shout in that Grant might see a bit of himself in there.

Ultimately I always have the view that other than the Masterton golden overdraft era, all players for DAFC are going to be fundamentally limited in some sense so you might as well get on with it and support them with a glass half full view, especially if they're on the young side. Unless they're totally rotten to the core like Simmons.

... Simmons could've been fantastic, talented footballer. Had a really good spell when McIntyre took over and got offered a contract, and then rejected it.

He always seemed to run the show when he played for Alloa against us, very annoying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 12:34

Agree with Raymie. Thought the Hamilton game was his best so far. Done well on Saturday at time was surprised he was subbed but made sense if he was ill, certainly didn't show. A player that seems to be improving weekly. Settling into new surroundings. Some of the improvements maybe point back to being late in bringing players in than we would have liked?

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 19 Oct 12:46

When he was subbed, I noticed that he was walking slowly and went straight to the changing room.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net