DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Why are Hearts doing so well?
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 09:18

Last April, following our battling draw with Hearts, I well remember posting on this site that I thought Hearts would struggle if they were promoted. In particular I thought that their recruitment of several “veteran” (he says tactfully) players would be insufficient for survival. And yet …….
So is their current position in the league false or, more likely, do I not have a clue what I’m talking about? 😊
Discuss.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Why are Hearts doing so well?
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 09:30

They've strengthened their squad significantly over the summer albeit 3 or 4 are loans. Baningime has been picking up MoM awards left right and centre and looks an excellent prospect from Everton and Woodburn from Liverpool has been an upgrade too.

Souttar was starting to get in Scotland squads before his injury and is a big player to have back at the heart of their defence (boom).

Cochrane has also done well on loan at left back from Brighton.

Hearts were never as bad as some folk on here made out but they have upgraded key positions significantly. Hard part obviously comes trying to replace the loans next year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 09:52

Maybe they are reaping the benefits of sticking with a manager who was unpopular with a large section of their fanbase?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 10:42

My nephew is a hearts ST holder, he was at EEP on Saturday as he refuses to go to ibrox, he basically said the same as LPF. But he did add that last season every team except Dunfermline sat back and not pretty football trying to break teams down

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 18 Oct 11:30

Hearts are arguably the third biggest club in Scotland so it's no surprise to see them up there, especially with Celtic languishing.

This is exactly what Scotland needs. I'm no fan of Hearts but it's refreshing to see someone else up there. I think Celtic could find themselves mid-table if Dundee Utd and Hibs keep the pressure on. The only disappointment is Aberdeen who should be doing far better.

Hearts have really powerful backers so hopefully this is something the Pars can eventually replicate. We're not owed anything, but the Pars should be in the Premier. We have the fanbase and hopefully now the resource. However, I'd like to see us do it by investing in youth and signing younger prospects rather than picking players off the usual merry-go-round.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:16

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:58

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 18 Oct 09:52

Maybe they are reaping the benefits of sticking with a manager who was unpopular with a large section of their fanbase?

Dear god you'll lose your nose if it gets any deeper min.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 21:46

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 18 Oct 09:52

Unpopular but he won the league. I'd love to have a manager like that.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net