DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Falkirk FC Board & Management Q&A
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 10:26

Anyone watched it? A very hot topic this morning.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk FC Board & Management Q&A
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 10:33

Watching it just now - Gary Holt advised they offered Declan McManus a contract before he went to Wales.

McManus was offered three times his wages at TNS than he was at Dunfermline.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 10:56

Mcmanus`s missus pretty much said that the move was money motivated at the time

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:21

It would be good if our chairman, board and manager would face the fans like this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:25

They do. It only stopped due to Covid and is in the process of starting up again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:48

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Thu 21 Oct 11:21

It would be good if our chairman, board and manager would face the fans like this.

They do and have done on countless occasions at supporters council meetings. At a time when Falkirk haven’t.

Poor statement from you based on morning factual
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:53

The board do hold Pars Supporters Council meetings but haven`t been able to due to COVID. I`m sure these will restart soon, very worthwhile events.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:54

Been trying to plan something for the last few weeks. Hope to have some news at the beginning of next week.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:54

difference being Q1 last night was factual, articulated well and stats based, most Dunfermline events I have been at the demographic are 50`s/60`s and you get a showcase on sports science at the club followed by questions that are a complete embarrassment so stopped attending.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:56

That Falkirk Q&A is far worse than anything our board has done. What’s even more concerning is that those guys are paying themselves decent salaries for that. Hopefully things don’t get that bad for us. At the supporters council meetings, I’ve certainly never seen our board treating fans as poorly as that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:58

Nice of the Falkirk guys to comment on the lad's pay. I'm sure he'll be happy with that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 11:59

The meeting I'm trying to set up will simply be a Q & A with football related personnel. No idea if the questions will be embarrassing or not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 12:04

Quote:

Kaiser Chief, Thu 21 Oct 11:59

The meeting I'm trying to set up will simply be a Q & A with football related personnel. No idea if the questions will be embarrassing or not.

Perhaps you could advise those attending that if they ask any questions which are deemed to be embarrassing, they will be ejected so fast their feet won't touch the floor.

That should sort it......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 12:11

The Falkirk Q&A was no doubt an embarrassment for those sitting at the top table.

The way some of them spoke to the Falkirk fans was disgraceful. Gary Holt especially his arrogance was beyond belief.

Falkirk for me are Dunfermline main rivals and watching that last night should have been entertaining as a Pars fan but some of it mirrors our own situation that is my opinion.

Seems acceptable just now to have a go at supporters not just one or two but what feels like the entire fan base.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 12:44

I watched a bit of that just now and although Falkirk are probably our most bitter rivals, I can't derive any schadenfreude from their situation - it's far too close to our own.

Unhappy fans, who feel their club is not performing to the levels they feel it should be at, the BoD facing difficult questions, a perception that the fans are being blamed, etc.

I hope both clubs can get their act together soon.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 13:00

"No idea if the questions will be embarrassing or not"

at a guess there will be more of those than serious ones, hopefully people get the answers they are looking for but shouldnt be surprised if they dont.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 13:07

Really don't see the point if folk are just going to turn up and make statements like

"The players aren't good enough"
"You don't care about the fans"
"We should be a top flight club"
"We lost therefore the manager should be sacked"

Itll just descended into a bun fight.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 13:10

Skimmed a few bits here and there.

The lad around 1hr 20m was obviously hurting but put his point and thoughts cross very clearly without crossing the line. I'd normally have a chuckle at their situation but a lot of parallels with where we are just now.

Fair play to Sheerin who didn't duck too much nor tried any spin or deflection tactics but Holt came across very poorly and a bit of a smug git in my opinion.

One thing is for sure, the punters certainly do not rate the captain Hetherington !!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Thu 21 Oct 13:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 13:18

Not watched but it's described as being worse than our board statement, which most wouldn't realise the circumstances around the infamous final paragraph.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 13:30

After the discontent following the board statement I did feel it was essential that there should be a meeting involving fans to try and get some unity back in the club. Now I`m worried that such a meeting could develop into a slanging match. Open questions are risky but, on the other hand, any attempt to monitor questions in advance would rightly make fans cynical about the whole exercise.

Maybe the most productive format would be a forum between club directors and staff and representatives of the fans asking questions suggested by the fanbase in advance of the meeting. Access to the meeting could be live and online and it might be possible for the audience to ask supplementary questions after the main forum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 14:58

Only watched just over the half hour just now, Gary Holt is an arrogant bar steward, the first question he answered he basically told the boy " a certain player doesn't lose much headers , so you can't watch the game!"
As said above " our 2 clubs are so alike".
Look forward to watching the rest later.

[URL]https://www.google.com/search?q=falkirk+fc+q%2Ba&oq=f&aqs=chrome.1.69i60j69i59l2j69i57j69i60.2719j0j9&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5ab75524,vid:Eb093q9U4L0,st:0[/URL]

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stand Up  
Date:   Thu 21 Oct 15:12

Watched up till end of Gary Holt bit.

I’d imagine a lot of similarity in questions that would be asked at a similar pars meeting. You’d have thought the Falkirk directors would have been ready for the reaction after seeing what happened with out Board statement.

Fair play if they have tried to change things and are sticking to a new strategy - much like us. but to be so disdainful towards the fans is not going to help get them on side one bit.

Also struck on the comments about how much their board are being paid and what it takes away from the playing side. Makes you really appreciate what our own board do for free.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 22 Oct 02:35

We've had loads of meetings and none have descended into that? Just don't film it and put it online, that way if it does go bad it gets kept in house.

I don't think it'd go bad though, our board for all the criticism they may have levelled at them, no one can doubt there intentions. Some of the board members for Falkirk just seemed awful and seemed to be looking down at the fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 22 Oct 12:27

Seen quite a lot of mumping and moaning on Twitter etc along the lines of "at least Falkirk have done this etc"

Pars have been doing this pre covid for years! Generally poorly attended in proportion to all the gobshytes on social media.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 22 Oct 13:07

The pars meetings are not always fully focused on football though.

I've been to them in the past and it's mostly about projects such as the disabled funding or School visits etc.

The meetings at east end are nothing like what Falkirk tried to do which in my opinion was an opportunity for Falkirk fans to let of some steam.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 22 Oct 13:56

"I`ve been to them in the past and it`s mostly about projects such as the disabled funding or School visits etc"

as said up thread have been to a few of these and always a good presentation section, things like sports science etc and discussing the gym being build at stadium and what it means for rehab/recovery etc and you then get questions from guys who played sunday league in the 80s asking whats wrong with running on the beach at aberdour for training.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 22 Oct 14:59

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Fri 22 Oct 13:56

"I`ve been to them in the past and it`s mostly about projects such as the disabled funding or School visits etc"

as said up thread have been to a few of these and always a good presentation section, things like sports science etc and discussing the gym being build at stadium and what it means for rehab/recovery etc and you then get questions from guys who played sunday league in the 80s asking whats wrong with running on the beach at aberdour for training.

Aye, last one I was at Greg Shields did a good presentation showing us the way he was trying to get the young lads to play, which was pretty interesting. Sometimes I think a lot of people on here don't fully appreciate the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes and the amount of dedication, experience and skill it takes to be a coach at this level. It was good to hear people like Greg and Stevie Crawford speak with passion about what has really been their life's work, something they have been dedicated to since they were a kid.
Unfortunately you get some really awful questions from folk, who just have no clue about professional sports, contract law, financial matters, just spouting a load of rubbish "why dae ye no' dae this..."
The last one I was at had someone who I believe used to be a regular poster and contributer of articles on here, liking the sound of his own voice too much and even apologising to Ross McArthur for phoning him at home on a Saturday night because he wasn't happy about the game that day
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:50

Just managed to watch the full Q&A. Wow. I really hope we never get to that point. Surely not….

Any news for our Q&A? Along with (I hope!) confirmation it will NOT be filmed and stuck out for wider world? The updates like last time (think buffy did a grand job of that) would suffice. No point letting the world see our own rockets in full whoosh mode which would ruin the good from this session.

As for the Falkirk chairman..
“It was a statement not a question”
What a bizarre angry wee man!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:56

Merci buckets Ross

I’d be more than happy to provide updates at the meeting, taking questions from both here and the East End Bounce, if that would be ok.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net