DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Another player terminating their contract on Monday
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 22:27

Is what’s doing the rounds on social.

Appears to be a decent source who posted the OG. The clubs is in turmoil.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Another player terminating their contract on Monday
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 22:29

Or getting rid off the dead wood for January

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 22:32

The player is choosing to leave. Not happy with false promises from Peter grant.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 22:46

Am I missing something here?

False promises makes it sound like it is one of PGs signings, But it's already been decided all of Grants signings were $hit€, so we are all good?

👍

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 22:49

And we’ve got a whole squad to choose from too - just spill the beans DR or we’ll be here aw night!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 22:50

Hopefully it’s todorov never thought it possible for us to sign a player who jumps even less the Andy Kirk

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:12

Spill the beans then. Who is it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:29

Absolutely no sign of turmoil in the club from today`s performance. OK we`re not world beaters yet but we we`re tenacious in defence and the players were giving everything to the cause. My guess, if a player is terminating his contract, it`s because he isn`t featuring in the team. There`s nothing more soul destroying than that. But only eleven can play at one time so some will always be disappointed.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:32

My guess is Todorov….or Mehmet…

Post Edited (Sat 23 Oct 23:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:35

anyone actually got the OG post?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:39

It could be any one of PG summer signings and I’d be delighted he signed 10 absolute duds in the summer

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:50

My money is on Graham Dorrans...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:54

I can’t believe it’s been left to get like this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 00:08

Another player terminating his contract? Who was the first one? Not Paul Watson surely? I thought WE terminated HIS contract?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 00:53

Great business decision ,get shot of the dead wood

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 01:07

Reece Cole is my guess...

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 01:08

Its an unfounded, unsupported rumour about something that may happen, and once again you are all talking like it has happened.

What a bunch of sweetie wifes.

Might be true but ffs calm doon until anything concrete surfaces.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 06:53

Dorrans would be my bet. Or Graham back to Dundee Utd.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 08:26

Quote:

jake89, Sun 24 Oct 06:53

Or Kennedy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 09:08

Quote:

Kdy Par, Sun 24 Oct 08:26

Quote:

Or Kennedy.

Surely if it was Kennedy then rangers would just recall him no?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 09:38

I'm not going to speculate on unconfirmed reports as it is completely unhelpful
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 09:38

My money would be on the young Jones lad. Uprooted from abroad, maybe promised development/game time? Pure and complete guesswork though so don't be labelling me a sweetie wife gossip if it's true.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 09:41

It’s a bloody football forum, where rumours and speculation amongst fans should be expected and what makes it what it is.

We just sit on our hands and wait for a DAFC statement before we contribute going forward?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 09:55

Talking of players allegedly walking out on the club, I see Dom Thomas is back in the starting line-up. In the same vein, Ross McArthur is still the chairman.

Rumours and speculation are fine but there has been a tendency in recent weeks for stories to surface which seem to have the intention of undermining the morale of the club and its supporters.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 09:55

I simply said that i was not going to speculate on rumours but that doesn't mean others Can't make their own decision
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:19

I don’t know what player it was regarding, I simply posted what I read online. This is a fan forum which is for us to speak about our club and the stories/rumours surrounding it. My original comment does not suggest, in any way, that this is a done deal. If this sort of thread really bothers you then you can always not read, comment or even come on to the forum, no one is forcing you to do so.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:27

You said `The club is in turmoil` based on what you admit is a rumour!

Why should I censor what I read on this forum? How is it possible to know what`s in a post without reading it? The problem lies with the poster not with who reads it or reacts to it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:28

Has Cole played since being hooked at halftime in the Partick game ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:31

If true, it’s because the player doesn’t want to be here or the manager no longer wants him?
Either way, it makes sense to let him go and save a wage.
Nothing worse than a player being at a club and not playing, but still being paid.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:39

Who knows for sure.

All this ITK nonsense everywhere.

We’ve either got more leaks than a sieve at the club, or our fan base contain a lot of very good story makers.

I do think the board need to identify and take action against any gossipers in the club, because there does SEEM to be a lot of stuff getting out that shouldn’t be previously.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:42

Is anyone really that surprised?

We have 6 centre half’s for 2 positions.

If you are 5-6th in the pecking order your chances off game time are not good.

At our level everyone wants to play, not like your getting paid a fortune to sit on the bench.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:43

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 24 Oct 09:55

Talking of players allegedly walking out on the club, I see Dom Thomas is back in the starting line-up. In the same vein, Ross McArthur is still the chairman.

Rumours and speculation are fine but there has been a tendency in recent weeks for stories to surface which seem to have the intention of undermining the morale of the club and its supporters.

Exactly.

Gossip can cause a lot of bad feeling and magnify the very problems we are trying to resolve. There is nothing benificial in the OP or in any of the following speculation. Just sowing more seeds of discontent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:46

We don`t need this "sweetie wives" nonsense. If you don`t like it, find a new forum.

And anyone suggesting that the club is not in turmoil at the moment is a deluded fool.

The mere fact that we can identify half a dozen players who readily could fit into the category of someone seeking to terminate their contract should tell you enough.

Several players would be entirely justified to be annoyed with the amount of game time they are getting. And that is before any thoughts on their relationship with the manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:48

Quote:

back oh the net, Sun 24 Oct 09:08

Quote:

Kdy Par, Sun 24 Oct 08:26

Quote:

Or Kennedy.

Surely if it was Kennedy then rangers would just recall him no?

Kennedy will be recalled in January, no chance he will stay if not getting game time
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:52

Maybe if the thread title made it clear it was speculation rather than appearing to state a fact, it wouldnt be so bad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:55

Quote:

OzPar, Sun 24 Oct 10:46

We don`t need this "sweetie wives" nonsense. If you don`t like it, find a new forum.

And anyone suggesting that the club is not in turmoil at the moment is a deluded fool.

The mere fact that we can identify half a dozen players who readily could fit into the category of someone seeking to terminate their contract should tell you enough.

Several players would be entirely justified to be annoyed with the amount of game time they are getting. And that is before any thoughts on their relationship with the manager.

You can discuss football and all that goes with it without making stuff up or at least making it clear that something is not factual.
Othewise its just shitstirring.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 10:58

You can name 21 players for a game but only 14 can be involved. You probably need to carry another 3 or 4 to cover for the possibility of injury or illness. There`s no reserve team football. Some players are bound to lose out. It`s the same at all clubs. It doesn`t mean the club`s `in turmoil`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 11:02

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 24 Oct 10:58

You can name 21 players for a game but only 14 can be involved. You probably need to carry another 3 or 4 to cover for the possibility of injury or illness. There`s no reserve team football. Some players are bound to lose out. It`s the same at all clubs. It doesn`t mean the club`s `in turmoil`.

You really should turn pro turd polisher.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 11:20

It`s simple arithmetic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 11:25

Topic Originator: rossmcno1
Date: Sun 24 Oct 10:39

Who knows for sure.

All this ITK nonsense everywhere.

We’ve either got more leaks than a sieve at the club, or our fan base contain a lot of very good story makers.

I do think the board need to identify and take action against any gossipers in the club, because there does SEEM to be a lot of stuff getting out that shouldn’t be previously.

It`s a football club, not MI5.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 11:29

"I simply posted what I read online"

"One of our first team players will be handing in a transfer request on Monday due to what he feels is unfair treatment from the manager. All is still definitely not well behind the scenes"

thats the one ive seen online.

Post Edited (Sun 24 Oct 11:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 11:40

If that’s it then nothing can happen until January unless there’s a club willing to pay someone to sit on their backside until January 1st.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 11:52

“It’s a football club, not MI5”

What a bizarre comment to make!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 12:22

I had a search on line. Couldnt see this all over social media as suggested, just one post by 'Keyser Soze' on that other forum. He used to be quite an entertaining poster on here. He suggests he heard it from a pal who is friends with three first team players, so it will be one of those three, although, inexplicably he didn't think to ask which one but did think to post on the Internet about it.
Some other info gleaned from my search about the sites- someone thinks the Vice-Chairman (apparently the son of a successful local businessman) is trying to boost his profile, and there is a good article in The South China Post about Lok On Jones. That always makes me think of a Chinese Bobby Ball. Rock On Tommy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 12:39

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 24 Oct 12:22

I had a search on line. Couldnt see this all over social media as suggested, just one post by 'Keyser Soze' on that other forum. He used to be quite an entertaining poster on here. He suggests he heard it from a pal who is friends with three first team players, so it will be one of those three, although, inexplicably he didn't think to ask which one but did think to post on the Internet about it.
Some other info gleaned from my search about the sites- someone thinks the Vice-Chairman (apparently the son of a successful local businessman) is trying to boost his profile, and there is a good article in The South China Post about Lok On Jones. That always makes me think of a Chinese Bobby Ball. Rock On Tommy

The Vice Chair is Billy Braisby. I'd suggest someone is confused as Billy IS a successful local businessman! His son is also called Billy but isn't directly involved in the club. He was (is?) involved in his dad's roofing business but currently runs Somewhere Else and the Old Inn.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 12:43

Praying it’s dorrans, no offence meant but he can’t play in a 442 at this level and I’m bored sick of watching our midfield get completely overrun year on year.

Hopefully use that wage to sign a midfielder who’s actually half decent and we might be onto something.

But by jan who knows how far a drift we’ll be and who will be in charge.

One thing is for sure, it’s grants signings that are sinking him this season, brought in players who have made us worse.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:26

Leaking confidential information from within the club is simply unprofessional and shouldn’t be happening.

I’m not sure that has happened in this case – it looks like players chatting to their mates.

Players generally want to play football, and get edgy if they’re not playing. It’s up to management to keep them happy and motivated – this will be harder with no reserve football and all the CoVid carry-on, particularly with the Elgin game being conceded.

Given we have changed our style of play, we have about 10 players who could reasonably play centre-back if needed, and yet as soon as we punt one we bring in another from elsewhere I can imagine that there might be one or two players who feel it would be mutually beneficial if they moved on.

BTW – it’s 18 in a match day squad, isn’t it? I think there used to be rules about others being allowed to participate in the warm up but can’t immediately find the relevant regulation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:35

You`re right about the numbers, MCT. Maybe arithmetic`s not so simple after all. It`s a good point about us being eliminated from the Challenge Cup (or whatever it`s called now). That would have been a good chance to give some fringe players a run.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 16:19

Heard on Saturday that Reece Cole was unhappy at not playing so could be him,
time will tell if it turns out to be true.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 17:44

Reece Cole was at Firhill on Saturday, in his club track suit, sitting with the squad - and walking with a slight limp! Seems that if he is unhappy about not playing that it`s an injury that`s at the root of his unhappiness.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 17:55

He’s had a persistent calf problem for weeks now

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 18:24

Deniz Memhet cannot catch a ball, if someone is leaving I sincerely hope it is him.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 19:32

Do we actually have any single player not starting (who isn’t injured), who should be in the starting XI? Can’t think of any

Post Edited (Sun 24 Oct 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 20:08

Kai Kennedy

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 20:16

Nope, no end product. His only contribution to date has been a ludicrous dive at Stark`s Park for which he got booked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 20:40

How many players has our leader brought in and how many are sub standard.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 09:46

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sun 24 Oct 20:08

Kai Kennedy

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rangers recall him in January and loan him back out to either of ICT or Raith
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 12:14

Hopefully it’s not Kennedy, still think theirs a good player their.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 14:47

Quote:

Toddyrov, Mon 25 Oct 12:14

Hopefully it’s not Kennedy, still think theirs a good player their.

To clarify, I was answering the question directly above my comment. Not suggesting Kennedy was the player the rumour was about.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 16:36

Ahh no worries 🙂

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 17:48

So did he decide to stay?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 18:51

I`m surprised no one`s demanded a chairman`s statement about this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 20:11

I demand a statement from the board...
There ye go 😏

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 20:38

Quote:

widtink, Mon 25 Oct 20:11

There ye go 😏

Dinnae haud yer breath, Tiddlywink. The Board only issue statements when they want tae gie the fans a row. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 21:05

Winders is a champion haud yer breather GG

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 21:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 25 Oct 20:38

Quote:

widtink, Mon 25 Oct 20:11

There ye go 😏

Dinnae haud yer breath, Tiddlywink. The Board only issue statements when they want tae gie the fans a row. 🙂

True fact even if you're being ironic.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 08:16

Always amazes me how people say that things are going to happen on Monday as it’s the playing staff day off normally (probably not this week due to having a Tuesday game right enough)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 08:22

A day off on a Monday, no wonder we`re sh*te.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 08:38

I thought playing staff day's off were on a Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 08:39

It used to always be a Wednesday, guess it will be Wednesday this week after a game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 11:11

Has he gone yet? Or is Drreturns using dotnet as some kind of doomsday cult?

Been postponed, next week now...Zzzzzzz

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

closed
 This thread is closed 
© 2021-- DAFC.net