DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rovers on Tuesday
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:24

I have been very critical of our club recently but I am trying to remain positive . We are not getting pumped like we were at the start of the season and for that Grant has to take some credit . Let’s get a good home support on Tuesday . Get right behind the team from the start. Ive slagged the players and staff for a lack of commitment but you could say the same of me and plenty others . First sign of difficulty and we sack it. Yet we expect our players to die on the park for us , figuratively speaking .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers on Tuesday
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:33

I made it to the game today and our young lads gave a good performance, led by the drummer. There weren`t many Pars fans either but the traffic getting into Glasgow has been murder recently. I doubt if I`ll make it on Tuesday so give the lads your best support and maybe we`ll register our first victory.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:38

The fans were right behind the team today, just a shame it was another meh performance

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:42

`Grant has to take some credit` - no wins in 10 league games, failed to score in 7 of our last 11 and 9 of 11 players that started today were at the club prior to his arrival. Has added nothing to this club and anything other than a win against Rovers should spell the end for him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Oct 23:44

The reason we aren’t getting pumped is because we have a keeper in goals now that can actually catch a ball and make a save

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 01:00

And a tenacious defence who give little away. From hemorrhaging goals in the first few games we are now giving very little away. We have the beginnings of a very good team. Start from the back and work forward is the best policy. We were so dreadful in our first few games that turning the ship around will take time. This is a very competitive league and our first aim must be to consolidate and ease our way out of the relegation zone. Wholesale changes will get us relegated. Keep building slowly and surely and we will stay in this league with the chance of bigger and better next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 12:04

"There weren`t many Pars fans either"

There were around 400, which is about 300 more than I was expecting!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:17

I suppose if people keep saying we will win our next game they will be correct eventually.

The fans have been behind the team recently, I know they don`t get much praise from the club but we had a good support yesterday for a team bottom of the league and terrible to watch.

But I would bet not many of the fans are behind Peter Grant

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:31

I didn`t hear anyone suggest we would win yesterday. Last time out against Thistle we were humiliated 3-0 at home. If there were 400 of our fans there I would be glad of that. I was in the John Lambie stand behind the goal with my pal who supports Thistle and it looked like a 200 at most but I am happy to be told otherwise. I will support any manager who is working his socks off for DAFC and I get the impression that PG is committed to the cause and that the players are responding. I hope that many who may have build up an unreasonable prejudice against PG will put it on the back burner for a spell and give the guy a chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:39

They have to win now. Rovers are riddled with injuries and we cannot
Keep going on like this. I’ll be fully behind the team on Tuesday but another loss or draw could send me oor the edge.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:42

The away crowd was announced in the stream, thunk it was 330 odd, aligned nicely with the crowd of 3333.

With regards to Tuesday, if we fail to win that'll be three games since the statement without victory, at what point does the "It needs to change quickly" come into effect?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:51

Yes 100% correct, lets get right behind Peter Grant after all he has only had 10 league games to get it right so far, lets give him to the end of the season and lets all get behind him next season in League 1 too!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 13:54

I just hope to got the board are spending time looking into alternatives already so when Grant is sacked (tomorrow hopefully) we don't just appoint from within or go cheap again
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 14:03

You seem to think there is a magic formula Grant and that changing things will produce immediate positive results. Experience tells me that isn`t usually the case. We look like we have the makings of a settle side who are difficult to beat. I`m sure we all want 3 and 4 nil victories every week but no matter who our board or manager is, that`s never going to happen. Some people think the players we have are the finished article and all they need is proper management but I would disagree with that. Our present crop of players need to work at the game together and truly gel as a team and I see real signs that it is beginning to happen. Our two centre backs were immense yesterday and our two full backs not too shabby either. There are signs of improvement week on week and that`s good enough for me right now. A win against Raith would be brilliant but I don`t see that as make or break. I think we will beat them and if so it may just pull us off the bottom but I`m not burning my scarf if we don`t.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 14:04

If they didn`t sack him after the QOS match why do you think they would sack him on Monday, especially with another match on Tuesday?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 14:11

Exactly, and after a sterling display against Thistle that everone in Glasgow thought we would lose.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 14:15

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 24 Oct 14:11

Exactly, and after a sterling display against Thistle that everone in Glasgow thought we would lose.

Sterling display? How low are your standards?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 14:26

Yesterday my standards were, let`s not get beat in front of this rather large partisan crowd who on the back of two high scoring victories thought they were going to run all over us. The fact that we limited them to one meaningful attempt at goal and made a few of our own, rates as a more than reasonable effort in my eyes.

And I`ve been to these games at Firhill many times in the past and been hammered so in the present circumstances, not bad at all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 14:29

Mid November surely has to be the latest "reasonable" time to get rid of Grant. A few weeks to interview and appoint the next manager and give them a few weeks before January to assess the squad.

He should have been gone after a winless round of games though. I do think there is something to the notion that the board don't want to lose face by admitting Ross McArthur messed up with this appointment.

No win against Raith Rovers should be the last straw, but somehow I think it won't be...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 15:06

Quote:

hurricane_jimmy, Sun 24 Oct 14:29

Mid November surely has to be the latest "reasonable" time to get rid of Grant. A few weeks to interview and appoint the next manager and give them a few weeks before January to assess the squad.

He should have been gone after a winless round of games though. I do think there is something to the notion that the board don't want to lose face by admitting Ross McArthur messed up with this appointment.

No win against Raith Rovers should be the last straw, but somehow I think it won't be...

Surely, if/when the manager is sacked, the Chairman will "lose face" anyway, so why would they delay it, if they thought it was the right thing to do, Jimmy? Does it really matter if they lose face in October, November or December? I felt the manager's position was untenable a while back, when we were being scudded almost every week, but results have improved of late, but of course we're still bottom. ☹

If he survived 3-0 home defeats v Partick and Arbroath, why would he be sacked after battling draws v Killie and Partick?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 15:33

If results haven't improved by the end of the 1st half of the season then perhaps that would be the time to evaluate the position but at this moment i am still confident we can turn this around without the need to change the manager
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 15:54

Looking forward to the game on Tuesday for some strange reason. Forever live in hope….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 16:02

Can only imagine every day he stays in post is a few quid less to pay him off.

Any new manager will also be able to do little transfer wise until January so we'll keep trudging along....like death by 1000 cuts.

If the players looked like they weren't trying he'd be out sooner.

I do think we've got a chance Tuesday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 16:15

Paralex has made some fair and balanced comments.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 19:15

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 24 Oct 16:15

He called it a sterling display, wouldn't call that fair or balanced.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 19:30

If we suffer a grubbing on Tuesday the fans may turn on PG, however if the Rovers team is weakened that is unlikely to happen and I want to see us win.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 19:34

No wins in 10 games so far this season and folk think another draw is acceptable, beyond baffling tbh and people need to wake up it’s league one we are heading into with this clown, we actually haven’t come close to winning a game this season it’s pathetic

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 19:52

Quote:

Grant, Sun 24 Oct 19:15

Quote:

I’m presuming he meant Sterling in terms of their defensive resolve ? This was a team who put six past Hamilton and three past us recently
We are the first team that has shut them out this season

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 24 Oct 19:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 21:08

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 24 Oct 19:52

Quote:

Quote:

I’m presuming he meant Sterling in terms of their defensive resolve ? This was a team who put six week past Hamilton and three past us recently

Partick aren't remotely anything for a competent team to worry about.

Thistle created absolutely nothing in the 3-0 game. Every goal was an absolute gift. A literal comedy of errors.

They created nothing yesterday, it's not as if we survived the Alamo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 21:22

Last time I looked, they were 10 points better off than us and comfortably the league’s top scorers?

I must have been at a different game than you because I thought they beat us comfortably and apart from a 15 minute flurry from us after half time, bossed the game ?

Each to their own.

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 24 Oct 21:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 21:29

There is no denying we need a win Tuesday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 21:58

"Partick aren`t remotely anything for a competent team to worry about".

Don`t see much balance in that comment at all. Hamilton have been a premier league team for many years and Thistle put 6 past them on their own pitch. Ayr United have been anything but a walkover to us, even in better times and Thistle cuffed them.

"Aren`t remotely anything?". Sounds like empty bluster to me.
Thistle`s left winger put Hamilton to the sword last week and was playing out of his skin yesterday. It took Comrie and several others to subdue him and they did, but not without a lot of effort.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 22:07

Agree, take away our league position and we would have settled for that result. Hopefully we can beat Raith on Tuesday and that might change our fortunes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 22:10

It`s quite common on here to `big up` the opposition before we play them then play down any decent performance we may have against them. I find it quite strange.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 23:32

Quote:

elvis_lives, Sun 24 Oct 21:08

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’m presuming he meant Sterling in terms of their defensive resolve ? This was a team who put six week past Hamilton and three past us recently

Partick aren't remotely anything for a competent team to worry about.

Thistle created absolutely nothing in the 3-0 game. Every goal was an absolute gift. A literal comedy of errors.

They created nothing yesterday, it's not as if we survived the Alamo.

What a load of nonsense

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Oct 23:46

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’m presuming he meant Sterling in terms of their defensive resolve ? This was a team who put six past Hamilton and three past us recently

We didn't concede a goal, which is great. However it was at a total consequence to us having any attacking impetus, any sort of control over the game.

Peter Grant was brought in due to Meggle liking his footballing philosophy, and look at where we are now, trying to strangle the life and suck the soul out of the game, its awful to watch.

The optimistic fans have been trying to claim since the Inverness game that we could turn a corner, but I'm just not seing it. Since that drubbing off Ayr where Grant ditched his 523 and passing philosophy it's been a case of trying to hold on, to avoid another disaster which would get him the sack. He seems pretty incapable or organising a team capable of being reasonably solid defensively and having an attacking threat. This seems to be as good as it's going to get.

In isolation a draw at Firhill is fine, if we'd had a remotely successful season then we'd draw a line under it and move on. But it's just more of the same isn't it? I seen no sign of attacking improvement since the last Pars game I watched, to call it a sterling performance misses the mark for me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 01:05

And yet we had as many, if not more clear cut chances to score as Thistle. I would argue that with the present crop of players, that I said before are nowhere near the finished article, going gung-ho would have been a disaster. The defence was solid but in midfield we were fairly lightweight and up front relatively ineffective. Most of that, I reckon, is down to individual player ability and not tactics. Neither O`Hara nor Wighton have great control of the ball. Neither can take it in or hold it up. O`Hara is a runner and a penalty box striker and Wighton rather similar, their strengths being running onto through balls but not bursting through defences with the ball at their feet. I do agree that the signings that PG made have been disastrous and leaves us with few options up front. In that sense we now have to do the best with what we have and hope that players will develop new skills and abilities as the season progresses. But given all that, the level of industry and effort and mental concentration was excellent.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 01:27

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 25 Oct 01:05

And yet we had as many, if not more clear cut chances to score as Thistle. I would argue that with the present crop of players, that I said before are nowhere near the finished article, going gung-ho would have been a disaster. The defence was solid but in midfield we were fairly lightweight and up front relatively ineffective. Most of that, I reckon, is down to individual player ability and not tactics. Neither O`Hara nor Wighton have great control of the ball. Neither can take it in or hold it up. O`Hara is a runner and a penalty box striker and Wighton rather similar, their strengths being running onto through balls but not bursting through defences with the ball at their feet. I do agree that the signings that PG made have been disastrous and leaves us with few options up front. In that sense we now have to do the best with what we have and hope that players will develop new skills and abilities as the season progresses. But given all that, the level of industry and effort and mental concentration was excellent.

We had one chance.

I'm not saying that we are the finished article, but are you then saying that the best we can hope for, for the rest of the season is trying to eek out 1-0 wins? You seen with the immediate change in systems between Inverness and Ayr that differences in tactics can have a massive impact, we currently don't have that balance, and I've seen nothing from Grant to suggest we're any closer to finding that balance.

You say it's down to individual player ability, I say that we finished fourth in a harder league last year and we're currently rock bottom with 0 wins this year, have our players forgotten how to play football?

Eh? Wighton has a great first touch for this level? No idea where you've got that description of him from. The drama comes when the only service he got on Saturday was the ball getting launched at his head, or being asked to run the channels. Playing in football team like Raith, or Partick and he'd perform excellent. There's not a striker that we can afford that would look good in the system we're asking the strikers to play. Even your Nisbet and Shanklands would look bad, which is a problem itself. As far as I'm aware that's still our aim as a club, invest in players, improve them and move them up the ladder. With the way we're set up to play no flair players are getting the chance to look good.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 02:37

We had two chances to their one. Both fell to Wighton the first he put it just over the bar when with a bit more composure he may have scored and the second, he hit the goalie in the face. Our first priority is keeping the back door shut. The reason we are bottom of the league is our woeful start and we`re now playing catch up. Grant tried all out attack and it didn`t work because we left ourselves open at the back. The present team is relatively well balanced with players in their natural positions. While being careful in defence we did push forward as much as possible without leaving ourselves open. I have to say that if Wighton`s first touch was great, that detail completely passed me by. The ball kept bouncing off him. He doesn`t link up well with O`Hara because neither of them has delicate passing skills. Good interaction between twin strikers is a practiced art and may come with time but I doubt it will come overnight.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 07:19

`The reason we are bottom of the league is our woeful start`

That’s obviously true but if you take the last five league games the only team we would leapfrog on points is Morton, by dint of having one more draw than them. We would be equal with Hamilton and QOS but with better goal average; however they have both won a game recently.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 07:39

I think I need some of what Paralex is drinking. It's like we've totally forgotten that our aim was to challenge for the league and now accepting "we had one more chance than them" so it's the players at fault, not the manager.

We're woeful to watch and as Grant says, we've sacrificed the passing and moving attacking football to stopping the opposition scoring. It shouldn't need to be one or the other.

To have scored so few goals with O'Hara, Wighton, Todorov, Thomas, Dow, Kennedy all in the squad clearly shows something isn't right in our setup.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 09:02

"To have scored so few goals with O`Hara, Wighton, Todorov, Thomas, Dow, Kennedy all in the squad clearly shows something isn`t right in our setup."

It`s all about this in one sentence. We have some of the best attacking talent in the league & couldn`t score in a barrel of fannies. The manager needs emptied now. It`s gone on long enough.

I`ve been going since 1985 & I don`t know if I can even be bothered going tomorrow night. It`s not even the fear of losing, it`s the absolute apathy I feel towards the Pars just now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 09:54

"To have scored so few goals with O`Hara, Wighton, Todorov, Thomas, Dow, Kennedy all in the squad clearly shows something isn`t right in our setup."

O`Hara is full of effort and works hard but is lacking in composure and decison making.

Wighton seems to be effective off the bench, but then doesn`t produce when given a start?

I`m probably as quick as Todorov.

Thomas is very talented, but inconsistent.

Dow is not the same player since his injury.

I`ve not seen Kennedy have a good game yet, only rare flashes of talent.

I don`t pay too much attention to other teams` strikers, so I`ll ask the question as to how many would get into their starting line ups, based on the evidence of the first round of games?

Post Edited (Mon 25 Oct 09:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 10:24

It`s good that we are defensively a lot more solid, but going forward we are offering very little. We should be playing better football, scoring more goals and winning more points. We simply have to start doing that very quickly, Grant surely can`t have much more time left. He and the whole club are performing way below everyone`s expectations.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 10:31

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 25 Oct 09:54

O`Hara is full of effort and works hard but is lacking in composure and decison making.

Wighton seems to be effective off the bench, but then doesn`t produce when given a start?

I`m probably as quick as Todorov.

Thomas is very talented, but inconsistent.

Dow is not the same player since his injury.

I`ve not seen Kennedy have a good game yet, only rare flashes of talent.

I don`t pay too much attention to other teams` strikers, so I`ll ask the question as to how many would get into their starting line ups, based on the evidence of the first round of games?

We are literally the worst team in the league at the moment, based off there performances so far where we've created very few chances none of our players would get into anyones team, I honestly do not get the point you're getting at? We have performed dreadfully, how much of that is down to the players, and how much of that is down to the manager is up for debate.

Fwiw, based off reputation I reckon every team in the league at least takes a couple. The drama is there being utterly mismanaged.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 11:16

Some of the comments suggest that we haven`t grasped the reality of our situation. None of our players on current form are world beaters and I would say particularly those in forward positions. I would rather stay in this league than get relegated and I reckon the best way to do that is gradually build on the sound defensive base we`ve established in the last 5 or 6 games. We are presently in a dogfight to avoid relegation. That`s the fact and no magic wand is available to suddenly make us challengers for promotion. It`s going to take a whole lot of resolve to get ourselves into the middle of the league and relative safety and as our first aim, that what we must do. I believe wholesale changes will get us relegated and the more conservative approach will, at least, save us from the drop and that must be our immediate concern.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 11:22

The recent results have been good. We've been playing teams at the top of the league and not losing. However, they're only good because we've been playing poorly so the bar is incredibly low.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 11:28

"We didn`t concede a goal, which is great."

Agreed - but that`s not the full picture.

Only Hamilton have conceded more league goals than the Pars.

ICT have conceded fewer than the 6 goals we`ve scored.

We`ve never been ahead (correct me if wrong) in any league game.

In Scotland, only Ross County have failed to register a win, and they are playing opposition of a far higher quality than the mediocrity of the Championship.

We are in trouble.

Post Edited (Mon 25 Oct 11:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 11:35

Thank the lord for the likes of VEE to state the bleedin obvious again.

I`ve yet to see a poster say our situation is acceptable, apart from Paralex who seems relatively content at our "improvement" (from not getting pumped every week to shitfesting soulless draws most weeks.)

We really don`t need stattos comparing our goals scored with the league leaders goals conceded.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 11:47

The best psychological approach to players is to give encouragement for the positives and helpful advice to stamp out the negatives. If the players and management get the impression that the fans are against them it`s obviously going to affect their morale. Maybe we`re not going to get silky, enjoyable football for a while but nobody can say the players aren`t giving their all and that goes for the management too. Patience and a wee bit of maturity is called for. The young lads with the drum 🥁 seem to have more of that than the rest of us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 12:01

Sorry but this has to be a win

Rovers likely to have Vaughan, varian , mousonda, matthews and benedictis out

That’s their best player, two starting defenders(one being the captain) the holding midfielder/playmaker and both strikers… and we’re at home ? Has the bar gotten that low.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 12:04

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 25 Oct 11:28
We`ve never been ahead (correct me if wrong) in any league game.

We were ahead against Morton for a wee while in the first game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 12:10

"Patience and a wee bit of maturity is called for."

We`re 10 league games into the season. We`ve scored SIX goals in those 10 games.

It`s staggering that you think this is acceptable.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 12:26

Acceptable? I have to accept it because it`s the reality of the situation and so do you. What I don`t accept is several of the theories being posted as being the best way out of the situation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 13:25

"Thank the lord for the likes of VEE to state the bleedin obvious again."

As predictable as your responses.

"We really don`t need stattos comparing our goals scored with the league leaders goals conceded."

Just focuses on how bad we really are.

"We were ahead against Morton for a wee while in the first game."

Thanks for the correction.

Post Edited (Mon 25 Oct 13:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 14:15

We’ve been ahead for 7 minutes out of 10 games. 7 mins out of say 950 mins played. That in itself should be enough to see the gaffer out the door.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 14:47

Stats like that are ultimately meaningless though. You could theoretically be on 21 points with the same numbers. You could have been ahead for 943 minutes and be on 7 points.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 14:52

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Mon 25 Oct 14:15

We’ve been ahead for 7 minutes out of 10 games. 7 mins out of say 950 mins played. That in itself should be enough to see the gaffer out the door.

Incredible.

No wonder we immediately lost the plot when we first equalised against Killie and had to hang on for our lives after the equaliser against Rovers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 17:49

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 25 Oct 14:47

Stats like that are ultimately meaningless though. You could theoretically be on 21 points with the same numbers. You could have been ahead for 943 minutes and be on 7 points.

If yer auntie etc. only being ahead for 7 minutes after playing the entire league once is dire no matter what way you look at it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 17:57

Feel like people are digging too deeply for stats.

We're bottom of the league, 10th out of 10th having not won a single game. Brutal
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 18:50

Quote:

Grant, Mon 25 Oct 17:57

Feel like people are digging too deeply for stats.

We're bottom of the league, 10th out of 10th having not won a single game. Brutal

Agreed. The only stats that count are those found in the league table. They don't make happy reading for we Pars fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Oct 20:15

Yep it's that simple unfortunately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 07:34

It feels like we're going to limp along until we fluke that first win, thd board say told you so...only we don't turn that corner.
This season has relegation disaster written all over it.
Yeah there has been good draws, for sure....Still rock bottom with not much hint of much more to come.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 08:48

Defensively, we have looked pretty sound in recent games. The forward players need to stand up and be counted now because 6 goals in 10 games is simply not good enough

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:23

Been locking forward to this game for Weeks, got up yesterday with sore throat went for test and got positive result back this morning.

Gutted

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:27

That happened to me the first game at starks, then the leccy got cut off and I got to go anyway, god loves me ?

Get better soon though.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:33

Get well soon, MDCCCLXXXV

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:36

Aw MDC you take care of yourself xx

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 10:44

Cheers guys, thank feck for Pars tv

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 11:18

Take care and keep well. They will bring a well deserved win for you tonight.

On the subject to COVID. Is this new passport scheme in operation. I checked the website of the SG and it looks like we don’t qualify I.e. not required.
I wanted to check and left it too late and the club shop will be very busy with real customers (tried phoning a few times, but understandably busy).
So can anyone advise? Is my understanding correct that you don’t need to present the COVID passport based on the new rules at the weekend.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 11:36

I'm sure it is only needed for events over 10k and there won't be anywhere near that number at any of our games

Post Edited (Tue 26 Oct 11:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 11:45

Thanks Chris, this is what I thought. I saw on the SG website and saw 4000 but this is indoors, but my freezing feet consider it to be outdoors. 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 14:14

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 26 Oct 10:23

Been locking forward to this game for Weeks, got up yesterday with sore throat went for test and got positive result back this morning.

Gutted

One of my best mates has just picked it up too. Hopefully you both have a speedy recovery!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 14:22

Cheers LPF

Hope your friend is ok

Post Edited (Tue 26 Oct 14:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 14:34

Quote:

Gutted

Get well soon, mate. I think you said on Off Topic that you're double jagged, so hopefully your symptoms will be very mild. A win tonight might help. ☺

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 15:29

sold out rovers allocation and we are still using away end for dressing room. 2 Sunday league teams can cram into a portacabin but closing an entire stand is needed to accommodate changing facilities at this level is a bit shambolic.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 15:32

Always wondered why away team never used the gym in the corner for changing facilities

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 16:09

Personally I'm happy the away fans are in the North East stand.
Far better atmosphere and I'm at a loss as to why it isn't always open.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 16:51

Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV like | nolike
Date: Tue 26 Oct 15:32

Always wondered why away team never used the gym in the corner for changing facilities

May be because our team use it for training I would imagine, maybe not COVID compliant for another team using it without a deep clean

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 16:52

Hopefully see a few cage charges tonight!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 17:19

Quote:

Par, Tue 26 Oct 16:52

Hopefully see a few cage charges tonight!

They need to cue up the Benny Hill music!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 17:20

Quote:

Par, Tue 26 Oct 16:51

Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV like | nolike
Date: Tue 26 Oct 15:32

May be because our team use it for training I would imagine, maybe not COVID compliant for another team using it without a deep clean

Yup I understand it would need deep clean Par, but surely the away changing room has to be deep cleaned before next away team can use it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 17:26

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 26 Oct 15:32

No direct access to the pitch, you'd have to come back out onto Halbeath Road.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 17:29

Cheers Grant

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 17:54

Quote:

Grant, Tue 26 Oct 17:26

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 26 Oct 15:32

No direct access to the pitch, you'd have to come back out onto Halbeath Road.

Acess straight into car park then onto pitch at corner. Don’t need to go anywhere near Halbeath Rd.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 18:11

Quote:

Gutted

Sorry to hearths 1885 .. get well soon

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 18:13

Missed Partick and tonight’s game too. Not a happy camper.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 18:22

Cheers buspass.

It's a pisser Parsdaft, hope you feel better soon

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 18:39

Pars lineup the same as the partick game.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Oct 18:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PilmuirPar  
Date:   Tue 26 Oct 18:47

Was hoping Kennedy and Wilson would start.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net