DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Peter Grants record for 2021
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 08:06

Took this off another site . How on earth was this man appointed and how on earth us he still in a job.
Grow a pair BOD.

Peter Grant has been in charge of 28 Championship matches in 2021. His record stands at:

3 wins

13 draws

12 defeats

22 points overall and a win rate of 10.7%. The man has long surpassed my worst expectations and is well in the running for worst Pars manager of my lifetime.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Peter Grants record for 2021
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 08:17

Absolutely shocking record, on par with Jocky Scott and we know how that turned out. Ross Mcarthur needs to get his head out the sand and get this fraud out of our club. The apathy is extremely worrying, have fans have now accepted that change won`t happen????

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 08:20

The attendance the last few games clearly shows the fans have given up whilst this charlatan is in charge. It’s not even anger anymore, folk just can’t be arsed. The board need to do the right thing and do it today. Arbroath will beat us by simply working harder and being more organised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 08:57

Time to admit the mistake, it’s okay for the fans to be right about something.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 09:52

Damning stats the mans a total failure and embarrassing for the club but when the board ever cared what the fans think

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 09:57

A community club that doesn’t listen to it’s fans, must be the first one ever. Get him out

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:03

Quote:

forever black and white, Wed 27 Oct 08:06

Took this off another site . How on earth was this man appointed and how on earth us he still in a job.
Grow a pair BOD.

Peter Grant has been in charge of 28 Championship matches in 2021. His record stands at:

3 wins

13 draws

12 defeats

22 points overall and a win rate of 10.7%. The man has long surpassed my worst expectations and is well in the running for worst Pars manager of my lifetime.

One of those wins was against us when we put out a weakened side with the playoffs being the following week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:13

Lack of action to correct a wrong is costing money at the gate, cannot even be bothered going to Arbroath after the way he subbed his chance of a win to a draw last night. I will be a Pars supporter long after he is gone and I sincerely hope that is soon as I do not fancy another spell in Division 1. Peter Grant has taken a stuttering Pars side and moulded us into a side that cannot win, was our last league victory away from home the 4-0 game at Alloa last season against him. Sad if I am correct.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:19

Pars11 wrote:

> Lack of action to correct a wrong is costing money at the gate,
> cannot even be bothered going to Arbroath after the way he
> subbed his chance of a win to a draw last night. I will be a
> Pars supporter long after he is gone and I sincerely hope that
> is soon as I do not fancy another spell in Division 1. Peter
> Grant has taken a stuttering Pars side and moulded us into a
> side that cannot win, was our last league victory away from
> home the 4-0 game at Alloa last season against him. Sad if I am
> correct.
>
>

Yes one calendar year ago (24 Oct 2020 we last won an away game)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:21

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 27 Oct 10:19

Pars11 wrote:

> Lack of action to correct a wrong is costing money at the gate,
> cannot even be bothered going to Arbroath after the way he
> subbed his chance of a win to a draw last night. I will be a
> Pars supporter long after he is gone and I sincerely hope that
> is soon as I do not fancy another spell in Division 1. Peter
> Grant has taken a stuttering Pars side and moulded us into a
> side that cannot win, was our last league victory away from
> home the 4-0 game at Alloa last season against him. Sad if I am
> correct.
>

Yes one calendar year ago (24 Oct 2020 we last won an away game)

What managerial maestro was in charge of the team we beat that day? 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:25

As I mentioned Peter Grant of course.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:37

It is hard to believe how the board have let our crowds dwindle. Are they ever going to admit they made a mistake?

I can’t imagine going down to League 1 again but it is a real possibility with the people in charge of our club.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:15

Quote:

RossDAFC, Wed 27 Oct 09:57

A community club that doesn’t listen to it’s fans, must be the first one ever. Get him out

Whatever made you think this was a community club?

The Pars have latterly been a fiefdom controlled by a few, partly funded by the community/supporters through different guises of Save The Pars, Buy The Pars, Pars Supporters Trust, Centenary Lifeline etc.

This has not been a 'fan owned' clubs like others where funding from the support has been turned into a stake or ownership. The money raised through the many initiatives should be seen as nothing more than a donation.

This club is now a foreign owned plaything where the only consideration for the community appears to be the ongoing 'donations' to a privately owned organisation.

If the figures posted on here are to be believed it cost the current owners £300k to take control and steer us down the path we are on. If it costs them say £100k to get rid of Grant this would be very significant in terms of their investment to date, he could be here for a while!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 12:38

Spot on Aylesbury Par.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 12:54

Quote:

The Boss, Wed 27 Oct 10:37

It is hard to believe how the board have let our crowds dwindle. Are they ever going to admit they made a mistake?

I can’t imagine going down to League 1 again but it is a real possibility with the people in charge of our club.

I don't know why the BoD are persisting with Peter Grant, but I just can't see the logic that they're doing so because "they don't want to admit they made a mistake" (in hiring him.) Surely, unless there is an almost miraculous change in the team's results and performances, they're going to have to bite the bullet at some point? So, if they decide to sack him further down the line, won't they merely increase their level of embarrassment?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 13:19

That’s true. The longer it goes on the worse it becomes.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 13:32

Quote:

The Boss, Wed 27 Oct 13:19

So are you admitting that your suggestion (which has also been advanced by several posters before you) that the Board don't want to sack him because that would be admitting they made a mistake, is a non starter?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 13:39

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 27 Oct 13:32

Quote:

So are you admitting that your suggestion (which has also been advanced by several posters before you) that the Board don't want to sack him because that would be admitting they made a mistake, is a non starter?

Relegation would confirm that suggestion, if the unthinkable becomes reality.

The club is on course and schedule for that nightmare scenario.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 13:43

Come on Vee. We are hardly cut adrift at the bottom. ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 13:45

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Wed 27 Oct 11:15

Quote:

RossDAFC, Wed 27 Oct 09:57

Whatever made you think this was a community club?

The Pars have latterly been a fiefdom controlled by a few, partly funded by the community/supporters through different guises of Save The Pars, Buy The Pars, Pars Supporters Trust, Centenary Lifeline etc.

This has not been a 'fan owned' clubs like others where funding from the support has been turned into a stake or ownership. The money raised through the many initiatives should be seen as nothing more than a donation.

This club is now a foreign owned plaything where the only consideration for the community appears to be the ongoing 'donations' to a privately owned organisation.

If the figures posted on here are to be believed it cost the current owners £300k to take control and steer us down the path we are on. If it costs them say £100k to get rid of Grant this would be very significant in terms of their investment to date, he could be here for a while!

I love how folk on here can get it so spectacularly wrong and the information is available to everyone that cares to look.

https://www.parssupporterstrust.co.uk/2112/dafc-fussball-gmbh-completes-investment

The PST continue to sit on both the board of DAFC and Pars United CIC.

I'm certainly not aiming a slight at the PST members who post on here but when you look at a significant number of the posts on here I wouldn't trust a lot of our support to run a bath never mind a football club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 14:57

LPF

Please highlight what I have posted that is so spectactularly wrong:-

Is it the figure of £300k, which I admiit is the figure I have read on here?

Is it that control now sits with foreign investors?

Is it the £100k to get rid of Grant (that was a speculative figure as I am not privvy to his personal contract)?

Is it that ongoing funding raised through Lifeline etc. should be considered a donation?

Is it that we are not a fan owned club?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 17:11

"This has not been a 'fan owned' clubs like others where funding from the support has been turned into a stake or ownership."

I believe the PST is the largest shareholder in Pars CIC who in turn hold shares in the club. Its not the biggest shareholding and doesn't amount to control but there is both a physical holding of shares and a stake in terms of board representation for supporters.

In terms of wider supporter engagement we also have a Supporters Liaison officer so we have both ownership (albeit relatively small now) and representation on the board so whichever way you were defining "stake" in that sentence is covered so we have do have a stake.

Ultimate control does now sit with the new investors but that's not what that sentence says. There is still input from the PST on the board and also via the liaison officer and shares are still held via Pars CIC. If anyone had anything useful to contribute aside from telling the board they were crap at their job they'd have multiple avenues to use their "stake".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:13

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Wed 27 Oct 11:15

If the figures posted on here are to be believed it cost the current owners £300k to take control and steer us down the path we are on.

I certainly wouldn't be rushing to believe the figures posted on here!

Before you ask, I don't know what the true investment figure was for a controlling interest in DAFC Ltd, but I'll wager it was a lot higher than £300k!

As I think LPF has pointed out, the original money raised by supporters was used firstly to pay the administrator and then to buy shares on behalf of the supporters - mainly held by the PST (giving them Board places) but also held by some supporters clubs.

I do agree that it would have been great if we could also have translated the supporters' ongoing contributions (eg Lifeline) directly into shares, and it was something I suggested several years ago, but there was little enthusiasm for it.

The fact is that most fans have virtually no interest in who owns or runs their football club, provided the on-field results are good. That's true of DAFC, as evidenced by the tiny attendances at Supporters Council and PST meetings in the past - but it's also true of almost any other football club, with unsavoury characters owning many of the world's most successful clubs.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:50

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Wed 27 Oct 13:32

Quote:

So are you admitting that your suggestion (which has also been advanced by several posters before you) that the Board don`t want to sack him because that would be admitting they made a mistake, is a non starter?

It might not be a non starter necessarily. They might be reluctant to admit to the fans they have made a mess of things. I was just agreeing that you had a point with your last paragraph in that it might be more embarrassing for them to continue down this path. As everyone can see, the longer they keep persevering with the way things are the more they damage the club.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 19:17

Thank you for your input into this Stanza. Good we have someone that knows what he is talking about.
I also raised the point a few years ago, that we should be getting a lot more for our money from the Lifeline contribution than we do. I'm sure the contributions have fluctuated over the years but from what I heard there was around 1,000 people signed up putting in 20 quid a month. I believe its been on the go around 8 years so that's around £1.9M put into the club. Of course there is prizes to be paid out, but it's a substantial sum, and we should have got organised into a 'buy The Pars' movement once we had saved it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 20:20

Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend like | nolike - 1
Date: Wed 27 Oct 13:43

Come on Vee. We are hardly cut adrift at the bottom. ?

But we are quite far form challenging for the league which was the target.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 20:44

If he cannot win against Morton at home then surely it has to be the end for him
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net