DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grant not celebrating Thomas goal.
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:34

So I`m a manager and if l personally don`t get on with a person but they do something that the brings money into the business do l just sit on my backside and say nothing. I can`t believe the amount of people on here that still back this joke of a manager. He is not professional and should have celebrated especially after at that point not winning a game in 10 games.

Board listen to the fans and take notice before it is too late.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grant not celebrating Thomas goal.
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:50

Yeah, let`s ignore the fact that Grant has brought Thomas back into the team after his indifferent form and frequently praises him in his interviews.

We used to get the same sort of criticism of AJ`s and SC`s body language etc when things weren`t going well for them. I`d love somebody to write a template for how a manager should look, talk, react etc in all situations. The fact is, everyone`s different.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:54

For fks sake Eck the whole point of playing football is to score goals. Do you honestly think it's ok for our manager to sit writing notes while the rest of the staff celebrate us taking the lead in a league game for the FIRST TIME SINCE DAY ONE?

Stop defending him. He doesn't want to be here thats blatantly obvious and the vast majority of our support feel.the same.

Get him out today

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:00

I thought he had said quite clearly several times that he was delighted to be the Dunfermline manager. I guess no matter what he does now people are straining at the bit to criticise him. If he`d got up and danced about I`m sure the poison pen punters would be having a go at him for that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:01

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 27 Oct 10:50

Yeah, let`s ignore the fact that Grant has brought Thomas back into the team after his indifferent form and frequently praises him in his interviews.

Does he honestly deserve credit for this? It took him so long to get his team selections remotely right. I’d certainly be questioning why it took him so long to actually play his best players, rather than praising him for finally putting them in the team.

He dropped Thomas, because he didn’t play well in central midfield. Anyone who has watched him play could have told you he wasn’t a central midfielder. He then watched us struggle to create anything for 2 months, before finally re-instating him in his natural position. Thomas has then scored 2 in his 2 starts at East End (and 2 of our 3 league goals there all season). If Grant hadn’t been so ignorant, we might not have had the same struggles for 2 months going forward.

Again, in July-September, several fans couldn’t understand why he persisted with that defence. Why he played the back 3, why Ross Graham played every week and we stuck Comrie at CB, with Gaspuitis warming the bench. Since he’s come in, we have stopped conceding so many goals. Bringing in Connolly, I’d argue he deserves credit for. He and Gaspuitis have played very well together and look fairly comfortable as a partnership.

One of Grant’s first moves was to replace OFW with Mehmet. Fast forward a few months and OFW is captain and again has stopped us conceding the goals that Mehmet was gifting away. Again, OFW has won us points with his saves, Mehmet only cost us points, I can’t recall his saves winning us any.

Does he really deserve praise for the fact that he signed rubbish players and played them ahead of better players who were already at the club? This cost us points, goals etc along the way. Before finally replacing them and turning defeats into draws - which still isn’t good enough. A few weeks ago he was still talking about winning promotion and here we are with no wins in 11 league games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:05

Exactly, Paralex. Not so long ago PG was being portrayed as some kind of con man who wheedled his way into the club under false pretences. Now apparently he doesn`t want to be here! This forum really is Comedy Gold sometimes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:06

Grant not celebrating the goal is of no relevance to anything. You see it every single weekend up and down the country. It`s a managers way of saying - I`m staying calm, i`m in control, i`m not getting carried away, we`re still along way from winning this, I`ll celebrate if we get 3 points.

You`ve just found another stick to beat PG with. Guaranteed if he`d run up and down the touchline celebrating you`d have found something wrong with that.

I`m not defending the results, league position or tactics but you can`t question the guy`s determination or commitment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:11

Should probably add that a manager not celebrating a goal isn’t really a sign that he doesn’t care. Particularly given it was the 50th minute. A manager’s job at that point is to try and make sure that the team remain focused on the task at hand for the rest of the game. If he’d got carried away with the celebrations, then we’d conceded right away (like we did against Killie) I’d be much more likely to criticise him.

In fact, I’d argue that the Killie scenario was probably in his head and he wanted to make sure he was keeping an eye on what was happening, to make sure that we didn’t see a repeat of that.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:12

I agree with just about everything you say, par-91, but I don`t see the relevance to Grant not celebrating our goal!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:12

What`s comedy gold is defending a arrogant clueless manager with a terrible record who is on his way to relegating two clubs in two seasons.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:14

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 27 Oct 11:12

I agree with just about everything you say, par-91, but I don`t see the relevance to Grant not celebrating our goal!

Looks like I was posting my thoughts on the actual subject as you were posting this. A manager not celebrating a 50th minute goal isn’t a cause for concern in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:15

"What`s comedy gold is defending a arrogant clueless manager with a terrible record who is on his way to relegating two clubs in two seasons."

It`s nothing to do with defending his record. It`s about not attacking him for anything and everything under the sun.

Anything salient just gets lost in a sea of never ending PG negativity.

Post Edited (Wed 27 Oct 11:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:25

Body language from Thomas and, equally, Grant says a lot. No love lost there it seems.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:37

Said it time and time again this forum needs an ignore function.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:45

I’m no apologist for Peter Grant, and I, like most Pars fans am thoroughly hacked off with where this manager’s tenure has led us. However, it seems to me that the manager’s reaction to a goal is neither a cause for praise or for censure. I think most of us of a certain age will remember Franz Beckenbauer standing with folded arms as his Germany team lifted the World Cup in 1990, and we’ll all recall Mourinho’s mad dash down the Old Trafford touch line while manager of Porto.
It’s only results that determine a manager’s fate - and by this measure Grant is rapidly running out of any viable excuses. I’d rather the club wielded the axe here, but a perceived lack of emotional reaction at a goal can’t legitimately become a stick with which to beat him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:45

I was concerned about us not being able to string 3 passes together, our full-back and wingers having no coherent relationship when we`re in possession and our strikers offering nothing.

Thankfully this thread has made me aware of a far more serious problem with the coaching.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 12:10

By no means am I saying grants reaction to the goal was worse than his tactical ineptitude or his terrible recruitment. That said I didn’t like that reaction, maybe just a preference in management reaction. I’d rather he went ballistic

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 14:03

Given grants attitude to everyone else who applied for a job and were subsequently ‘blown out the water’ after a cozy wee chat with Ross it’s quite surprising he’s bothering himself with us at all.

Surely he’s been on the blower to Newcastle looking for a wee chat with the new man before walking into that that job?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 14:22

If Peter Grant ran around like a mad man after Doms strike, there would be loads in here saying over celebrate Cos his Job safe for another week. I'm hurting as much as the next pars fan but you can't have it both ways

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 14:58

I would have more respect if Grant did celebrate and l think the team would also.
What kind of body language does it say when he just sits there and does nothing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 15:07

Whether he celebrates or not really isn't an issue. You see it all the time at matches, team score a goal, the players and bench go ballistic, while the manager remains calm. He was probably thinking about everyone keeping clear heads, thinking about how quickly we lost a goal after we scored against Killie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 15:16

I`ve often thought teams over-celebrate goals which could be a contributory factor in losing concentration and conceding a goal immediately thereafter.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 15:40

you would be surprised how little managers celebrate after scoring a goal and that`s al the way down to grassroots level.

As others have said he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn`t.

I would be worried if we were still shipping 3 goals a game like the start of the season. we are least difficult to beat these days and I don`t think our first win is far away.

Thought the fans stuck with the team last night and losing a late goal was a sore one to take and I`ve no idea Dow ran out the way.

Thought a few in the NW were harsh on Fon after the game giving him the anker sign as I thanked them for the support.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 16:06

It`s strange he doesn`t celebrate but to say that PG doesn`t want to be here is wrong. Nobody else wants him here but that doesn`t mean he doesn`t want to be here.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 16:06

Don’t see anything wrong with him not celebrating the goal, he’s fighting to save his job and I’d rather he focussed on trying to do that than jump about when the ball hits the net.

He is under a lot of pressure, one goal with so much of the game to go isn’t going to do it for him.

Him not caring about the job is absolute nonsense, the amount of grief he has been getting if he wasn’t caring he’d have left by now on his own.

It’s not so much about people defending him but people picking up on really stupid things like this to try add weight to their argument that he should go, it’s not a particularly nice thing to do and rather childish if you ask me.

Post Edited (Wed 27 Oct 16:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 16:34

Interview from the special one a couple of years ago.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has vowed to no longer celebrate most occasions when his team hits the back of the net, as he continued a war of words that broke out in last week`s defeat to Manchester City. 
The Special One was not amused at what he considered excessive celebrations from Pep Guardiola in the Manchester derby, sparking a fresh rift between the old rivals. 
And when Romelu Lukaku netted on Sunday against West Brom, Mourinho barely raised an eyebrow — a phenomenon he puts down to "maturity". 
"I didn`t celebrate too. Nobody was happier than me. Fifteen years ago I look at myself celebrating goals. With maturity you go into levels that you control your emotions better," he explained at a press conference. 

"You get more experienced, you get more balanced. You don`t go crazy when you win. You don`t get depressed when you lose. You are much more stable with experience. Some other managers, they are different, and they don`t change.
"I change. If I score a goal in the last minute you will see me run, for sure, for sure. But a goal in minute 20-something, 1-0 with a lot to play… Let`s play."

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 16:44

So pep over celebrated and mourinho learned not too….

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 16:45

Maybe Jose should go back to celebrating the way his career has gone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 17:31

Unfortunately the manager will be criticised by sections of the support no matter what he does at the moment.
Every little decision or remark will be seized upon and that suits the narrative of some on here.
The criticism of the club in relation to the statement of abuse or the release of Paul Watson has shown that not everything is as it seems but it won`t stop some frothing at the mouth to give the club another kicking.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 17:46

I was thinking along the same lines 68, I was wondering if it was an age thing, I'm in my mid 50s and started following Dunfermline in the 1980s. I've had some Great times and some $h!tty times.
But over those forty years I've learned getting beaten on a Saturday isn't the end of the world. Even relegation hurts for a week or two but next season your sitting in the same seat with the same guys round about you.
If I was in my twenties chances are I would be doing the same as many fans on here.
I don't suppose there are many fans inside EEP that are happy Grant is still in charge but I'm willing to give him a chance to turn things around

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:09

Health, family and friends are much more important.
I think you have a point, 1885

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:10

What an absolute car crash of a thread

Imagine being upset by the manager not celebrating a goal. Some folk need to get out more.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:16

Shocking thread - do you not think there may have been some other reasons he wasn’t celebrating like the death of an old pal?

I was reading through the tributes for Walter Smith earlier and saw a picture of him carrying Tommy Burns coffin and who was right behind him? Yes PG in floods. Another picture of WS outside the church and he was standing next to PG. Clearly they were friends so wouldn’t be human if he were not affected.

Some folk really need to get off his back because it’s getting petty nonsense now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:17

Post of the week from 1885 @ 17.46

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:23

On Radio Scotland last night there were various tributes to Walter Smith which had been recorded during the day. One of them was from Peter Grant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 18:30

I heard him. Was on about 530

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 19:11

Quote:

Toddyrov, Wed 27 Oct 12:10

By no means am I saying grants reaction to the goal was worse than his tactical ineptitude or his terrible recruitment. That said I didn’t like that reaction, maybe just a preference in management reaction. I’d rather he went ballistic

I suppose the question needs asked does he ever celebrate goals?
I'm not sure he does.
I watched the game at Starks Park and was exactly the same reaction when we scored.
I think people are reading too much into this.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 20:45

Fair enough I'm big enough and ugly enough to admit when I'm wrong.

I just thought he could've acknowledged the guy and also the fact it was a great strike. Still maintain it's an odd reaction to one of only 7 goals we've scored in the league

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 21:08

If your coats on a shoogly peg, you haven't won a game in the league all season, youre under all sorts of pressure, your star man scores a peach, I'd expect him to be bursting with joy.
More so when the entire team run to the side of the dugout to celebrate.
Everyone's in it together, surely even a bit of applause wouldn't have gone a miss.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 21:55

So you are now saying he might not have celebrated because of Walter Smith`s death.

Get a grip.

It`s not a stupid thread it`s just a simple question.

Even a well done son or a clap of the hands.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 23:44

How come any fan was watching for PGs reaction?

Surely a "true" fan would have been jumping from the rafters, or pointing out the score to the Rovers fans or bouncing in their wheelchair.

Not watching the manager, to then make accurate in depth analysis about his reaction on dot.net.

I know what I was doing. But I certainly was also thinking about how much more time was left to play but I also did not have to rally the players to get us over the line.

If only some posters could spot their own expectations of others and apply the same spotlight to themselves from that then develop themselves then perhaps the world would be a nicer place.

If this post offends any one then my point is made.

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On

Post Edited (Wed 27 Oct 23:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CAPar  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 00:21

I don't imagine anyone was specifically watching out for the manager's reaction but Dom Thomas ran to the dugout when he scored so the (non) reaction was very visible on Pars TV, not just in real time but on the various replays shown.

From my perspective, I wouldn't think anyone would have expected him to rush down the touchline in reckless abandon but given Thomas ran in the direction of the dugout, it's not unreasonable to asume he might have at least acknowledged the goal.

That said, his incompetence is nothing to do with whether he celebrated a goal or not, he's not good enough either way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 00:24

What a slaver. It was on twitter and Facebook before midnight

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 01:10

From Dom Thomas`s after match comments and PG`s there is absolutely no hint whatsoever of any issue and Dom`s attitude is spot on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 08:30

Quote:

Stella Kozma, Wed 27 Oct 23:44

How come any fan was watching for PGs reaction?

Surely a "true" fan would have been jumping from the rafters, or pointing out the score to the Rovers fans or bouncing in their wheelchair.

Really terrific effort but it was spotted once the club put the video on YouTube. What a redder.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net