DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Players Accountability
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 09:36

Firstly. Grant out.

But at what point to the players begin to take some of the blame? Last night was a derby remember. I only saw 1 50/50 and it was Kennedy, who, for some reason is getting slaughtered this morning by some fans? Kennedy had more fight in him than every pars player put together last night.

Every man and their dug knows that on the ball, Berra is a horses bottom . Yet when the ball went to him, 90% of the time he simply rolled it back to Macdonald who had all the time in the world to pick a pass out.....a few times when we did press they looked suspect.

Ohara blowing by 70. Whighton needing a rocket up his bottom . Both fullbacks offered little to no overlapping runs.

We were so flat, the entirety of the game. And for the life of me i cannot understand the short corners / free kicks. first couple failed but we persisted and got nowhere.

Players cannot be arsed, neither can the fans.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Players Accountability
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 09:46

you probably answer your own question on short corners. We all know Berras strength is in the air so a corner swung in the box would likely land on his head 9/10 so try to change it up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:09

Players were probably hoping to get shot of him already so are as disappointed as we are.

The team he’s putting out is not his team, its what’s left of crawfords team and it shows as no allegiance to this chancer who would rather throw them under a bus that admit he’s out of his depth.

Our self confessed outstanding manger who blew everyone else out the water apparently put his faith in a number of signings this summer and to a man they have been the worst performing ones and have pretty much all been dropped. Pybus just about getting pass marks but only because the bar for decent performances has been dropped so far.

I worry the players can’t pick it up enough for the next manager as they just are not good enough across the midfield 4. Massive January transfer window coming regardless of who is in charge.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:21

How long do we have Connelly? He is holding our defence together with his badgering and leadership. As suspected and mentioned on here Peter Grant would throw his players under the bus before holding his hands up. Pars fans need applauded for keeping faith with the team by turning up even if that was worst home end attendance against Raith Rovers in my 50+ years following the Pars.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:35

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 27 Oct 10:09

Players were probably hoping to get shot of him already so are as disappointed as we are.

The team he’s putting out is not his team, its what’s left of crawfords team and it shows as no allegiance to this chancer who would rather throw them under a bus that admit he’s out of his depth.

Our self confessed outstanding manger who blew everyone else out the water apparently put his faith in a number of signings this summer and to a man they have been the worst performing ones and have pretty much all been dropped. Pybus just about getting pass marks but only because the bar for decent performances has been dropped so far.

I worry the players can’t pick it up enough for the next manager as they just are not good enough across the midfield 4. Massive January transfer window coming regardless of who is in charge.

Absolutely spot on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:46

It’s hard to know how much is on the players, as none of us know the manager’s instructions and can only guess at what the players have been told.

Regarding overlapping runs from full backs. This is something that both players have done naturally since signing for us. Therefore, I would assume that Grant has asked them to stay back more, as part of his plan to keep things tight defensively.

Regarding Berra/MacDonald getting time, I thought it looked like our plan was to wait for a mistake, rather than chasing everything down. At 0-0, whenever there was a mishit pass/poor touch from Berra, MacDonald or Lang, our whole team pushed forward and tried to exploit that/put them under pressure. I thought this worked well. After that, we just sat so deep and nobody got close to their defenders, which was disappointing to see.

Our 2 most dangerous balls into the box came from early short corners to Thomas, who swung it in and nobody was willing to attack the ball. That has to be on the players. MacDonald isn’t the tallest of keepers and anything around the 6 yard line would have been won by Berra, so changing the angle, so Thomas could hang it up at the back post, right over the keeper seemed like a fairly decent idea. If any of his teammates had actually attacked that area, there was a good chance they’d have scored.

I don’t think the players can’t be arsed. They all wanted to win. I honestly don’t think I’d fault any of them in terms of attitude/desire. But for one reason or another, they severely lack confidence and that swagger that comes with it - other than Thomas, everyone seems to be taking the ‘safe’ option all of the time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 10:52

It’s not a good look to question players desire/fight to win however I’m going to do that with wighton, he fought for next to nothing all night and stood off and let Ohara run himself into the ground. Even when we brought the ball forward he lightly jogged to try get himself in a position.

Thomas coming through again though, he showed exactly why he should be the first name on the team sheet. He does have off games but who doesn’t at this level.

Agree with comments regarding connely. He actually started poorly yesterday but got better as the game went on.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:00

Most of the team lack confidence and would benefit from a wee bit more quality but I wouldn`t say any lack effort. Even the much-maligned Wighton was getting stuck in a bit more, particularly in the second half.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:49

Wighton seems to have divided opinion with his performance last night. Some people think he put in a shift. Personally, I totally disagree. Early on in the game, I watched him failing to make runs when we had the ball, making it more difficult for the players with the ball to find a man. Our midfield are getting slated for not being creative but when he is hiding in front of them, it makes them look bad. I paid close attention to his movements throughout the game and he looks like he is just going through the motions. You wouldn't put any money on him winning a 60/40 ball, never mind a 50/50. Some on here think the forwards aren't scoring because the midfield are not putting it in a plate for them. If being a striker was finishing off everything that was put on a plate for you, anyone could do it. Unfortunately, that seems to be the type of strikers we have in both Wighton and O'Hara. And Todorov manages even to squander the simple ones!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 11:55

I agree with your points, Cross Par. He was jogging in his presses first half. He was a bit better second half

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Wed 27 Oct 11:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 27 Oct 12:14

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 27 Oct 11:55

I agree with your points, Cross Par. He was jogging in his presses first half. He was a bit better second half

Has he had a bad injury previously? Looks almost as if he holding back not going full pelt, subconciously or otherwise, incase he's worried about getting hurt.

Mind a few seasons ago Al Agaui came back from a ruptured achilles and whist playing with us was doing the same kind of stuff as mentioned above. Looked a a shadow of the player he was previously.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net