DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Preview Arbroath Peter Grant...
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 23:19

I'm a Pars fan through and through but I despair at his words talking about 'hope' rather than Action.
Is escaping relegation now our target.
Peter was so full of himself about how we should be winning this league (the worst in some years), and we are bottom.
I've enjoyed the last two home games only oi the second half and Saturday is a lottery I know but it is do or die time for Grant. It has to be.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Preview Arbroath Peter Grant...
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 01:08

You’d hope Saturday is his last chance to get a win but I’ve felt that way for weeks and he’s still there.

I still don’t understand how he got the job. It’s actually mind bending. How could you look at him ruining a fairly decent Alloa side and getting them relegated and say “that’s the man to take us to the premier league”. It’s not like he’s even succeeded managing other clubs.

Why he was picked ahead of Campbell and the other applicants I’ll never understand.

Why he’s been given so long when it’s been obvious it won’t work out, I’ll never understand. He’s shown how completely out his depth he is on so many occasions.

It’s just a matter of “how long” before the board bullet him. I genuinely have no idea when it will be. It could be this weekend, it could be February. I just hope when it finally happens, they bring in a good manager. The scary thing is, I’m very sceptical if they will after this bizarre nightmare appointment.

Post Edited (Fri 29 Oct 01:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 01:24

If the rumours are to be believed that Dick did apply for the job, and didn't even get an interview you can only imagine he'll have a bee in his bunnet with regards to this game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 07:01

He definitely applied. I don’t know if he got an interview.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 09:02

Don’t think anyone got an interview. Grant didn’t even apply but had a long chat off the record with Ross and that’s was it done.

And we’re surprised how it’s turned out?

Sat is a real test of the players and whether they are up for the fight, half the players don’t seem to realise the predicament the club is in at the moment or are not bothered. But we’ve set the bar so low this season we’re all hoping we can somehow scrape a draw.

Post Edited (Fri 29 Oct 09:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 09:22

Good grief! Has all this not already been said enough.
How many different ways can we say the same thing?

Anyhoo.... its a tough tie with Arbroath doing well and a howler of a wind likely won't help.
A draw will not see him gone this week but a loss could, depending on the nature of it. A win could be the start of a job saving run.
I think the Morton game at home will be the final chance he has.
I think he and the whole team know this.

The board have done their calculations and they will be honouring whatever conditions are in his contract. They have given him every chance and he has impoved a bit but Morton will be where we expect to start a winning run. Arbroath would be a welcome bonus the way they are playing.

Sorry to hear about your dark place Kessel, I hope things improve for you.
Maybe we could all consider the dark places Grant and some of the players go to when we post about them.
Criticism doesnt need to be nasty.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 09:58

Based on the fact that we`re now more likely to be relegated than finish in the top 4, I`d bite your hand off for 8th at the moment and hope we can give it a better go next season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 10:00

The whole applying for job thing doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I would imagine 70% of football clubs in uk don't advertise the position.

I would be shocked if less than 100% of EPL clubs don't advertise managerial vacancies

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:07

No need to advertise - once a managerial position becomes vacant the whole old boys and media mafia kicks.

Potential manager candidates are often headhunted - hardly applicable based on Peter Grant’s CV.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net