DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A forum
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 12:37

Now correct me if I am wrong ( or in Jake`s case correct my spelling) this is a forum is a place where people can exchange their views. So as soon as someone says something negative about the team or club people jump don`t their throat. Maybe they should change the name to The dafc ( please say everything nice about the club)
Forum.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A forum
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 12:44

The very same can be said about anyone who defends the club.
If I was to say anything positive folk like you would immediately label me as a happy clapper.
If you are going to be toxic expect some pushback.
Have a reasonable discussion about what's going wrong then I don't think anyone has any issues with that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 12:48

This forum needs the edgy, knee-jerk, and controversial contributions as much as it needs the well-reasoned, safe, mainstream opinion.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 12:51

No I wouldn`t mate you are entitled to your opinion and l have never called anyone a happy clapper. All I am saying is their are views for and against on this forum but some people just want to jump down your throat or be sarcastic if you speak them. I just had one person questioning my spelling l mean do they really need to do that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 12:52

Correct Milos

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 12:58

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sat 30 Oct 12:48

This forum needs the edgy, knee-jerk, and controversial contributions as much as it needs the well-reasoned, safe, mainstream opinion.

Could also do with buttons to mute people and maybe a time-out button for when someone's had too many Haribo before bedtime.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:04

Quote:

rawpars, Sat 30 Oct 12:51

No I wouldn`t mate you are entitled to your opinion and l have never called anyone a happy clapper. All I am saying is their are views for and against on this forum but some people just want to jump down your throat or be sarcastic if you speak them. I just had one person questioning my spelling l mean do they really need to do that.

I've not seen the post you're talking about but maybe the other poster is trying to help you out if they've noticed a spelling mistake? Everyday is a school day. Never stop learning 👍🏽
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:11

Cheers kesaael no it wasn`t a mistake. I did point out that some people are dsylexic so maybe they should think first.

Also this phone is playing up.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:18

Quote:

rawpars, Sat 30 Oct 12:51

Aye because if you are two thick too get there and their in the right place you must be to thick too have a serious opinion on something as important as DAFC.
On a more serious note, you made a valid point but singled out one side. Accept the error of judgement and I will agree with you.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Oct 13:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:19

If you post something it's there to be shot at whether it's positive or negative.

If you post drivel either way you're likely to get more negative responses to your posts and the responses are often less likely to be reasoned themselves.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:23

Quote:

jake89, Sat 30 Oct 12:58

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sat 30 Oct 12:48

Could also do with buttons to mute people and maybe a time-out button for when someone's had too many Haribo before bedtime.

This comes up from time to time, but I think that will compromise threads due to all the muted posts! Surely it's easy to simply disregard posts or posters? As for a timeout button, admin already have that with the red card facility.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:23

The survival guide says accept the fact that some folk will have a polar opposite view to you, may have had a bad day, and needed to vent. You were the obvious victim. Don't take it personally.
I get pelters on here for obvious reasons. I never take it personally. It's just a daft forum full of dotnutters.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:28

I don't have a problem with anyone airing plus or negative views. The biggest problem is people that come on and just type $#!t€ to provoke posters

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:30

My only issue is when people go for the man not the ball, it's not nice to read. It is understandable in the heat of the moment, especially when opinions get blurred with the personality of the poster.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:48

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:51

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 14:26

That didn't take long...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 16:08

Rawpars - Jake didn't correct your spelling in the other thread. He questioned the use of the word "condone" which means you approve of something, so if you write "I condone violence", you are saying you're in favour of it.

Jake suggested that you probably meant you condemn violence, which means the opposite. Having dyslexia is irrelevant here. You just confused two similar looking words, I think.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 16:16

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 30 Oct 16:08

Rawpars - Jake didn't correct your spelling in the other thread. He questioned the use of the word "condone" which means you approve of something, so if you write "I condone violence", you are saying you're in favour of it.

Jake suggested that you probably meant you condemn violence, which means the opposite. Having dyslexia is irrelevant here. You just confused two similar looking words, I think.

You would hope so eh....

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 16:55

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:08

Parrot you are out of order retract what you said.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:43

Quote:

rawpars, Sat 30 Oct 17:08

Parrot you are out of order retract what you said.

Did you read the whole post?
Did you note the deliberate misspellings and did you spot the, "On a more serious note..." part?
Maybe I should have included a few winky faces.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Oct 17:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 23:08

Sorry parrot long day at the office l will put my Resignation in forthwith.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 08:29

Quote:

rawpars, Sat 30 Oct 23:08

Sorry parrot long day at the office l will put my Resignation in forthwith.

Lol.
I only ever have a go at folk who are abusing someone else. They canny take it back. I have in the past posted about the diff between:
Two, to and too
Their there and they're
Gone and went
These, those and the
Maybe a few other common ones.
No disrespect intended, just thought it would be helpful.
I have no problem with people correcting my grammar and my spelling appears to be getting worse.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:04

Mate I`m trying to write. a book about being a single father during the lockdown and making all different stuff from chitty chitty bang bang cars to guitars with my three young daughters.

All I can say is that God it corrects my grandma.

I mean grammar.

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 09:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:24

Quote:

rawpars, Sun 31 Oct 09:04

Mate I`m trying to write. a book about being a single father during the lockdown and making all different stuff from chitty chitty bang bang cars to guitars with my three young daughters.

All I can say is that God it corrects my grandma.

I mean grammar.

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 09:09)

Hats off to you 👏

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 11:49

Cheers Raymie. I`ve got all the stuff on Facebook with all the pictures and I`m going to put in some stuff about my mental health during it and also trying to run a stand up comedy club.

Step by step l will finish it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 11:57

Rawpars, I couldn’t see an email address on your profile, but if you would like some assistance with your book writing / grammar etc I’d be happy to help you, if that’s ok.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 12:15

Quote:

rawpars, Sun 31 Oct 11:49

Cheers Raymie. I`ve got all the stuff on Facebook with all the pictures and I`m going to put in some stuff about my mental health during it and also trying to run a stand up comedy club.

Step by step l will finish it.

Hopefully that’ll help you and others who find themselves in similar situations ?
Keep us posted on your progress and good luck with it all.
I’d buy your book

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 12:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 12:44

Rawpars,

If you need any help or advice on mental health issues I'm sure Eddie Martin will be pleased to assist, in his role as DAFC's Mental Health Ambassador. He can be contacted on eddie@dafc.co.uk

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Mental_Health_Ambassador&ID=11376

Good luck with the book.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net