DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dick Campbell
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:53

It is my opinion this is the man we should have appointed in the summer. He wanted the job then. Could he still be convinced to take it now?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dick Campbell
Topic Originator: Yasser76  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:55

Not for me, why keep looking back? We need someone who can take us forward. Absolutely no idea who that could be though haha.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:55

He’s doing a great job with Arbroath, fair play to him. Got a team off part timers more than holding their own.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:57

It’s board members that don’t want dick campbell here

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:58

Robbo was on Off The Ball today. He was asked if he saw himself back at the coal face. His response was he was really enjoying his role at ICT and didn’t see that happening, but to be a manager again you need to be asked.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:59

Which board members? Why not?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:59

Imagine describing appointing dick Campbell as looking back. Are people seriously this dumb? If dick Campbell is begged to take the job he should tell this board to go and f£ck themselves.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:03

Hahahahaha amazing! We had him in the past, that`s usually behind you hahaha. Imagine being that dumb that it needs spelling out. Look, if you don`t like an opinion there`s easier ways to address them instead of embarrassing yourself.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:06

Looking back? We aren’t exactly going in the right direction now. Dick only had the job for a few months 20+ years ago. If you can’t look at what he’s done with Arbroath’s budget and want to bring him home, I don’t know where your head is at.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:15

Yasser clicks the thumbs down button then talks about being embarrassing. Another nail in the .net coffin.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:18

He`s done well with a part-time team, there is no doubt. But I`d like us to be more ambitious than a manager that has taken his team to 5th place. That`s where my head is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:22

I know we are all hurting after today Zod but there`s no need for that level of cringe in a message. Absolutely horrendous haha.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:23

Bit of advice yasser. Only put a number next to your name if it’s your year of birth and not your IQ. Now it shows.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:25

Hahaha we`re looking back now, right back to school playground insults! Priceless!!!

Keep them coming hahaha

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:47

He's nearly 70, time for smoking jacket and baffies!🤔😷🤚
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:00

Ok yasser, who that’s successful at a full time team would be willing to give up there current gig to come to this $h!tshow? I can’t think of anyone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:05

There`s a lot of ageist, snobby nonsense brought up with DC is mentioned. We should be on our hands and knees begging him to come in and save us from relegation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:19

Quote:

petrie_pants, Sat 30 Oct 19:05

There`s a lot of ageist, snobby nonsense brought up with DC is mentioned. We should be on our hands and knees begging him to come in and save us from relegation.

Not gonny happen.
I think the obvious choice is Robbo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:21

Wouldn’t trust the current board to run a bath never mind hire a decent manager. Too busy having digs at fans , running a wee social club for their pals and basically just ripping the pash.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:25

Quote:

Yasser76, Sat 30 Oct 18:25

Hahaha we`re looking back now, right back to school playground insults! Priceless!!!

Keep them coming hahaha

You are clearly the recently black carded EEP. Either that or you're sitting next to him and copying his homework?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:30

Robbo doesn’t want a managers position Parrot. He’s publicly stated this a few times now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:30

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 30 Oct 19:21

Wouldn’t trust the current board to run a bath never mind hire a decent manager. Too busy having digs at fans , running a wee social club for their pals and basically just ripping the pash.

Utter nonsense but vent if you need too. It was a bad day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:33

Name a manger that has his club punching above their weight regardless of age?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:35

Tom Courts is doing rather well at Dundee United.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:39

Given recent years of decisions from the board, I've lost all faith in them doing anything productive on the footballing side of things.

The whole situation surrounding the Grant appointment was extremely suspect and the fact they've let this go on so long despite there being no signs of supposed 'attractive' football or performing competitively in the league is embarrassing.

We aren't at the bottom because of poor refereeing decisions or bad luck, we've been outplayed almost every week and the plethora of excuses from Grant are worrying signs in any manager.

It was a huge opportunity given the championship was a wide open race, to challenge for the title and build a really strong squad to compete. 15 points off even making the playoffs, at this early stage of the season is just unbelievable...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:40

Quote:

A fair whack of our fans are knobheads and have been rightly called out. Folk on here whine about Rangers and Celtic and demand their board do something and moan slate them when they don't. Our board do the right thing and folk on here have a melt down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:44

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 30 Oct 19:40

Quote:

A fair whack of our fans are knobheads and have been rightly called out. Folk on here whine about Rangers and Celtic and demand their board do something and moan slate them when they don't. Our board do the right thing and folk on here have a melt down.

Agreed. They did the right thing.
Now they need to continue in that vein and replace him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:45

Quote:

Pathetic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:47

I'd prefer it if he wasn't our manager too and tbh I didn't really want him but the guys running the club aren't the muppets folk on here seem to think they are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:47

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 30 Oct 19:30

Quote:

I wish it was nonsense. We are heading towards league one and not one f*ck has been given . Peter Grant takes some amount of stick for being out his depth but I’d say the board are equally out of their depth . We’ll be getting thrashed off Kelty Hearts next season. Scunnered with the club at the minute.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:50

The club is going backwards, change is needed now and if that is Dick Campbell to get things back on track I would take him now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:00

We ARE heading to league 1.

The BOD in hindsight have made a big mistake, they now need to stand up and make the change.

Change needs to happen with the management NOW.

IMO I think they will stubbornly stick PG to prove that all of us on dot net wrong.

What the f*ck do fans know…

The arrogance of our BOD is disgusting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:03

Here`s something the Board could try: `Peter, we want you to take a break - have a month off then come back. See if we`ve got more than a wee bit over half a point a game in your absence...`

NOTHING could be better than Peter Grant, and I mean NOTHING.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Oct 20:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:18

Age DOES matter despite what some might say. We want a manager for a good few years, not someone who is already beyond retirement age.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:38

Quote:

k76, Sat 30 Oct 19:33

Name a manger that has his club punching above their weight regardless of age?

Stewart Petrie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:46

Quote:

k76, Sat 30 Oct 20:00

We ARE heading to league 1.

The BOD in hindsight have made a big mistake, they now need to stand up and make the change.

Change needs to happen with the management NOW.

IMO I think they will stubbornly stick PG to prove that all of us on dot net wrong.

What the f*ck do fans know…

The arrogance of our BOD is disgusting.

Folk need to stop posting nonsense. They made a mistake, he needs to go. The rest is just frustration venting nonsense.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:57

Petrie is also a good shout

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 21:32

Campbell is a good manager but I`m not convinced he, or indeed anyone, would have this squad climbing the league in a hurry.

At Arbroath he has a squad of players who are fast, powerful and dominate in the air. We simply don`t have that. They dominated us physically today and have the luxury of bringing a Binman on to dance his way past a couple of players and ding one into the top bin from 20 yards.

Also, heard him interviewed recently saying that he`d used their part-time status to his advantage claiming that he`d got the pick of the country`s best part-time players - players he rated higher than many full-time players in championship budget range.

Perhaps we should go part time?

Post Edited (Sat 30 Oct 21:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 21:40

Quote:

1985Par, Sat 30 Oct 21:32

Campbell is a good manager but I`m not convinced he, or indeed anyone, would have this squad climbing the league in a hurry.

At Arbroath he has a squad of players who are fast, powerful and dominate in the air. We simply don`t have that. They dominated us physically today and have the luxury of bringing a Binman on to dance his way past a couple of players and ding one into the top bin from 20 yards.

Also, heard him interviewed recently saying that he`d used their part-time status to his advantage claiming that he`d got the pick of the country`s best part-time players - players he rated higher than many full-time players in championship budget range.

Perhaps we should go part time?

There is an argument for part time football in my view or bringing in part time players
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 21:51

I’ve said for a few seasons we should consider a few part time players in the squad. Bobby Linn would get in our side.

Whoever comes in will need to sign two central midfielders because we have a glaring lack of one in our squad. They will be hampered by grants signings until then at least. We won’t see a huge improvement until that’s dealt with. I think you could have got a few wins out of our current squad if they were set up better though. A decent manager could have got us wins against Morton, Ayr, QoS who are all also rotten.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:09

Worth noting also that Campbell has been at Arbroath for 5 years now and the good team he`s got at the moment probably wasn`t put together overnight.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:12

And Bobby Linn is 36!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:31

I’ll never understand why we can’t have a hybrid part/full time setup. Surely we would end up withe the best of both worlds. So they can’t all train together, big deal. Surely this is the way forward.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:32

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 30 Oct 22:31

I’ll never understand why we can’t have a hybrid part/full time setup. Surely we would end up withe the best of both worlds. So they can’t all train together, big deal. Surely this is the way forward.

You could also have a larger squad to cover injuries.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:35

PARrot, no one is posting nonsense. The fact the board have let it get this far shows how inept they are, never mind appointing this clown in the first place when most of the fan base were opposed the appointment. This problem is now much bigger than Peter Grant, he has to go of course but the board do as well, this club is the laughing stock of Scottish football at the minute.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 23:04

I don`t think Petrie should take the job l mean look what happened to Crawford.

Let him stay a legend at east end park.

Get Robbo in

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:20

I’ll say again it’s worth listening to OTB yesterday, Robbo didn’t say he would never take another manager role. He’s not been asked. I just wonder if the Pars could tempt him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 12:51

Quote:

Muppet Par, Sat 30 Oct 22:35

PARrot, no one is posting nonsense. The fact the board have let it get this far shows how inept they are, never mind appointing this clown in the first place when most of the fan base were opposed the appointment. This problem is now much bigger than Peter Grant, he has to go of course but the board do as well, this club is the laughing stock of Scottish football at the minute.

Nonsense.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:26

Get Robbo before someone else does

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:38

I can remember when Grant got the job, loads on here not happy about bringing in a PT manager to full time club, now many of the fans want Grant sacked and replaced by a part time manager who has passed the age of retirement. Go figure

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:53

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 31 Oct 13:26

Agreed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:57

100% never10yairds.

From what I’ve seen of Wilson in last few games he doesn’t even look half fit and Casper would bully him off the ball, he’s getting a game as grant decided having about 10 central defenders was more important that a midfield. Same can be said of dow, walked back in despite being way of the pace and has been a man down since.

Plenty of part time players out there much better than anything we’ve got that’s for sure.

I worry the new man will be told players have to go to make space for new signings, can see any we can offload, it’s like falkirk the season they got relegated, we’re stuck with too many duds now.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:10

Quote:

The problem is, John Robertson has lived in Inverness for more than twenty years and he said himself that he is very happy living there. Can't see him giving that up to come down south to manage Dunfermline.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:16

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Sun 31 Oct 14:10

Quote:

The problem is, John Robertson has lived in Inverness for more than twenty years and he said himself that he is very happy living there. Can't see him giving that up to come down south to manage Dunfermline.

Why not? If he has lived in Inverness for more than 20 years then in that time he has managed Hearts, Livingston, Derry City & East Fife who are miles from Inverness. With the exception of Hearts we're a bigger club than all the rest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:27

Rumour I heard a couple of weeks ago is, there were enquiries into the availability of Kevin Rutkiewicz at Stirling Albion

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:31

Quote:

d3monstrate, Sun 31 Oct 14:27

Rumour I heard a couple of weeks ago is, there were enquiries into the availability of Kevin Rutkiewicz at Stirling Albion

I recon they have been looking around and sounding out potentials since the last statement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:33

Those amazing businessmen we have in charge should surely have been preparing for this week for a couple of months now.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:33

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 31 Oct 14:31

Quote:

d3monstrate, Sun 31 Oct 14:27

I recon they have been looking around and sounding out potentials since the last statement.

Would have been remiss of them, if they hadn’t

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:55

Ohhhhh Rustybits in cherge wi Tam Lang as assistant. That would be my dream team 😎

Be still my ❤️

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:31

A 70 year old part time manager who’s doing well with a decent part time side. The lack of ambition there’s is as laughable as appointing Peter Grant! It’s not the time for nostalgia by appointing a part time pars hero whether that be Campbell or Petrie. We took a gamble on a part time manager and what a disaster, it’s to big a jump with to much to lose. It’s time to make a statement appointment with someone who has had actual success at a decent level and with a decent track record!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 20:00

As I said on another post Kevin R, had stated in a Stirling Albion function that the 2 teams that he would like to manage are Aberdeen and Dunfermline. Whether he is ready for either is another question.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 21:40

Kevin Rusty ??? Hahaha Jesus wept
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 21:45

My first choices would be John Robertson or Stewart Petrie. If that wasn`t to happen, Rutkiewicz would be my next choice - among those who are realistic. I`d obviously love someone like McInnes or even McCall or McGlynn but they`re pie in the sky for various reasons.

Absolute colossus at the end of the season we got promoted. Barely lost a goal in the games that he played but often, understandably, overlooked due to Hardie`s exploits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 21:55

Barry Ferguson / Kevin Thomson / Kevin Rusty baws

Some wild shouts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 23:38

Can we forget this notion that guys who were good players for us would make good managers? They are 2 entirely different concepts. Crawford would still be in the job if that was the case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 23:42

What about former players that also seem to be proving themselves as good managers?

It's not as if folk are clamoring for Gary Mason to be assisted by Ian Westwater or the emotional return of Craig Robertson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 00:42

Not sure that Robbo would be the best fit just now; given the current circumstances at EEP .... considering what was going on at ICT under his watch.

I highly rate him, but at this ‘time and place’? hhhhmmmmm.....

Jack Nicholson’s character in “A Few Good Men” .... anyone know of a football manager with that sort of profile looking for a job?

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 07:27

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 30 Oct 19:47

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 30 Oct 19:30

Quote:

I wish it was nonsense. We are heading towards league one and not one f*ck has been given . Peter Grant takes some amount of stick for being out his depth but I’d say the board are equally out of their depth . We’ll be getting thrashed off Kelty Hearts next season. Scunnered with the club at the minute.

Running a bath would be quite difficult to get right, some folk like it roasting, some cold and some in the middle so securing the optimum temperature to suit would be challenging and that’s not having taken into consideration whether to put bubbles in or not..

Guaranteed someone on here would grumble about it.

Post Edited (Mon 01 Nov 07:28)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net