DAFC.net
Home 07 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Peter Grant ……..
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 17:17

……walks into a bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier:"It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"

Grant:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn`t think there was any need to. I am Peter Grant, Manager of Dunfermline Athletic ”.

Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Grant: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Grant but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Grant,"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"

Grant stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can`t think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don`t have a clue."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Grant?”

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Peter Grant ……..
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 18:37

I was hoping he was cashing his redundancy cheque

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 18:50

Surely the make-up, outfit and big shoes would've given it away as soon as he walked into the bank 🤡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 19:34

The clown analogies are utterly hilarious. I really wish I'd thought of them first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 19:47

Poor post .. should be removed to the jokes forum .. The man is human he is trying his hardest .. No one deserves the bile or criticism he has had to endure ..think on guys .. it will affect him and his Family for years .. is that what you all really want ? .. welcome to Fife ?? .. Give him a chance .. we are slowly improving .. COYP

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 20:03

Well said Buspasspar 👏

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 20:04

Quote:

Kessel, Thu 28 Oct 18:50

Surely the make-up, outfit and big shoes would've given it away as soon as he walked into the bank 🤡

I very much doubt you would say that to his face, Kessel. You really contribute nothing to this Pars fans forum, other than sarcastic bile and gratuitous insults, the very epitome of a keyboard warrior. What a sad, bitter little man.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 21:01

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 28 Oct 19:47

Poor post .. should be removed to the jokes forum .. The man is human he is trying his hardest .. No one deserves the bile or criticism he has had to endure ..think on guys .. it will affect him and his Family for years .. is that what you all really want ? .. welcome to Fife ?? .. Give him a chance .. we are slowly improving .. COYP

Deary me. It’s a joke. I highly doubt it will affect his family for years. & he’s had 11 chances.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 22:37

Of course it is BD .. so move it to the joke forum .. Its a joke too far .. No one deserves the online and personal abuse P.G. has had to endure .. lets give him another 11 chances COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 22:55

Please delete this admin.
Enough FFS.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 23:27

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 28 Oct 20:04

Quote:

Kessel, Thu 28 Oct 18:50

I very much doubt you would say that to his face, Kessel. You really contribute nothing to this Pars fans forum, other than sarcastic bile and gratuitous insults, the very epitome of a keyboard warrior. What a sad, bitter little man.....

I actually like most of your posts on here believe it or not, GG, you're a man who cares about the club. We just have different views on the management at the way the club is currently run.

The way we put those views over is completely different as well. I probably should take a step back before a rush of blood to the head gets me posting 👍🏽
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 23:31

Oh and as well, GG, I got banned a few months back for a personal attack on you. Quite rightly so too (the ban I mean). I wasn't in a good place at the time, probably not even now to be honest, but nowhere as dark as back then. Please accept my apologies.

PS. The Peter Grant clown post was a joke. Although I still want him away from out football club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 28 Oct 23:38

Good man Kessel. Hope you're doing alright.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 08:32

Good man Kessel .. hope all goes well for you

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 08:42

Jokes forum for this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 08:45

Quote:

Kessel, Thu 28 Oct 23:31

Oh and as well, GG, I got banned a few months back for a personal attack on you. Quite rightly so too (the ban I mean). I wasn't in a good place at the time, probably not even now to be honest, but nowhere as dark as back then. Please accept my apologies.

PS. The Peter Grant clown post was a joke. Although I still want him away from out football club.

You wouldn't believe how much you've gone up in my estimation with your last posts.🙂 I was judging you on your previous posts and being judgemental is never a good starting point when you don't know the person concerned,

I can't remember the personal attack and I can assure you I didn't report it. Must have been bad if you got a black card for it. 😂🤣

I hope you get to a better place very soon. Maybe a Pars win at Gayfield will give you and the rest of us a real lift. 🤞

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 10:06

Fair play Kessel.

I don`t think anyone would be out protesting in the streets if the club parted company with Peter Grant today. I just think there`s plenty of things to criticise as it is without it getting personal or vitriolic.

I don`t think he`s a fraud, clown, charlatan etc. I actually think he cares deeply about the job, trying to do it well and has a lot of personal pride. I just don`t think he`s a particularly good manager based on both the results and how lacking in cohesion we are when we have the ball.

I`ve nothing personal against him though. I`d love him to prove me wrong, us to give Arbroath a hammering, go on a run and arrive at the end of the season in the play-off places and with a ton of momentum behind us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 13:01

Good Post DA-go

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 14:39

I think the chances of this team stringing a run of results together is pretty slim to none. The god awful recruitment this summer has seen to that. We might sneak a win against someone who has an off day but the lack of a midfield will come back to bite us again and again (I would say against the better teams in this league but at the moment that’s everyone!)

A combination of poor tactics, poor man management and poor poor signings have left us high and dry this season, how many of these can we lay at grants feet? What has he got right since he joined?

Let’s face it, he’s gone and it’s just a matter of time before it’s made official.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 14:44

I can't see it Berkey, I think he will be in charge all season and maybe next

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 16:08

Berkey you really need to mention how poor you think our midfield is a lot more

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 16:23

Our midfield has been posted missing all season, hence our pathetic league position

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 16:50

Is Steven Whitaker still registered to play or has he retired?, if it is the latter can he re-registar to help out our midfield. I know its not a long term fix but it may solidify our midfield until window is open

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 18:09

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 29 Oct 10:06

Fair play Kessel.

I don`t think anyone would be out protesting in the streets if the club parted company with Peter Grant today. I just think there`s plenty of things to criticise as it is without it getting personal or vitriolic.

I don`t think he`s a fraud, clown, charlatan etc. I actually think he cares deeply about the job, trying to do it well and has a lot of personal pride. I just don`t think he`s a particularly good manager based on both the results and how lacking in cohesion we are when we have the ball.

I`ve nothing personal against him though. I`d love him to prove me wrong, us to give Arbroath a hammering, go on a run and arrive at the end of the season in the play-off places and with a ton of momentum behind us.

Well said DA, PG isn’t a clown or a charlatan. We’ve had a few of those as managers over the years, but PG I think does care, and I for one respect him for that. Odds are he’s probably gone in the next few matches if he doesn’t start winning games and that’s football, fair enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 19:06

Stop calling Peter Grant a clown Kessel.

Clowns will find it deeply offensive to be compared to Grant. They endeavour to bring joy to the crowds, something PG hasn’t done as a manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 20:35

Quote:

Never10yairds, Fri 29 Oct 19:06

Stop calling Peter Grant a clown Kessel.

Clowns will find it deeply offensive to be compared to Grant. They endeavour to bring joy to the crowds, something PG hasn’t done as a manager.

Infantile humour at its worst
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 20:49

Quote:

Berkey, Fri 29 Oct 14:39

I think the chances of this team stringing a run of results together is pretty slim to none. The god awful recruitment this summer has seen to that. We might sneak a win against someone who has an off day but the lack of a midfield will come back to bite us again and again (I would say against the better teams in this league but at the moment that’s everyone!)

A combination of poor tactics, poor man management and poor poor signings have left us high and dry this season, how many of these can we lay at grants feet? What has he got right since he joined?

Let’s face it, he’s gone and it’s just a matter of time before it’s made official.

Well that really needed to be said. Nothing like original material.
How did nobody else think on posting virtually the same thing about a million times.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 20:59

Grant is a charlatan, he sold snake oil to the board and they bet the ranch on it. The sooner he is away from the club the better, as we are seriously sinking into relegation fodder, can anyone seriously think we can get back to back wins? It won’t be long before that’s what required to even make 9th!
I have my tickets bought for tomorrow not because I think we will win but because I support the team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 21:15

Were you privy to the conversation between him and the board? An awful lot of people on here seem to have been.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 21:55

I don’t think anyone needs to have been! Personally I can’t even imagine how it went!
Peter Grant fails completely as a manager with his team being convincing relegated, then head hunted to replace a club legend who fulfilled his goal of playoffs and made money in transfers. Probably a very interesting conversation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 22:10

In your first post you told us exactly how you imagined it went! There`s very little logic on here sometimes, just pure speculation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 29 Oct 23:09

Andre Agassi being the tennis player doesn`t half date this joke.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 02:59

Andre Agassi ? 😂😂😂 Jesus wept .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 13:56

Never mind Andre Agassi. Walking into the bank to cash a cheque was enough to know this wasn't a recent joke.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:09

Grant will be laughing all the way to the bank after today . 3 years salary for 3 months of a season . No bad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:12

The guy is an absolute throbber . Should have been punted ages ago . 12 games without a win . Get him so far tae feck. Embarrassing beyond belief
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:27

Yes he probably will be laughing all the way to the especially if it is true that we headhunted them but that`s the boards fault so let the board deal with it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:28

Yes he probably will be laughing all the way to the especially if it is true that we headhunted them but that`s the boards fault so let the board deal with it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:37

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sat 30 Oct 17:09

Grant will be laughing all the way to the bank after today . 3 years salary for 3 months of a season . No bad.

What makes you think the club will have to pay out maximum compensation? There will surely be some clause which will allow him to be sacked without having to honour the full contract. The BoD consists of business men and at least one legal expert, does it not?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:38

Let`s hope so GG

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdave  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:41

This is just recycled pi$h from last weekend. This was doing the rounds with Ole’s name after their 5-0 drubbing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 17:43

Quote:

rawpars, Sat 30 Oct 17:38

Let`s hope so GG

No way does he have a 3 year contract.

It will be until end of the season. He won't be on more than 50k which we can pay off with the cup money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:08

If they just sack him they will be liable for the full value of the contract. They may be able to negotiate a mutual compromise. But they may not.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:48

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sat 30 Oct 18:08

If they just sack him they will be liable for the full value of the contract. They may be able to negotiate a mutual compromise. But they may not.

Not if there's a clause in the contract allowing for dismissal and a stipulated severance payment of e.g 3 months.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 18:51

Riva what makes you think our business men board will have put clauses in to pay grant less compo etc?

They hardly followed normal and good business practice in the process to appoint him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:05

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 30 Oct 18:51

Riva what makes you think our business men board will have put clauses in to pay grant less compo etc?

They hardly followed normal and good business practice in the process to appoint him.

Seriously. I know you are fishing most of the time but jist dinnae.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:13

Quote:

Football isn't really normal business tho is it?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:22

Quote:

Parrot thinks you're fishing which would explain your bizarre post, Berkey. You'd have to be a p*** poor business man not to put some clauses in the contract of a football manager to ensure that your club wasn't having to pay the full compensation if he fails to deliver. Maybe coaches like Mourinho, Klopp and Pep can negotiate such contracts but not Peter Grant.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:28

So GG , when we sacked Alan Johnson, are you trying to say we didn’t pay up the rest of his contract in full? All 2 years of it. That would be news to me .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:29

Quote:

Aye because sending in a CV would have changed everything. You're obsessed mate. Everyone on the board is a successful businessman and is far better equipped to run a business than you and 90%+ of the folk on here. Ask them at the next supporters forum if you want an answer or ask the liason officer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 19:41

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sat 30 Oct 19:28

So GG , when we sacked Alan Johnson, are you trying to say we didn’t pay up the rest of his contract in full? All 2 years of it. That would be news to me .

Ok. You're obviously in the know. Are you party to the detail of the contract or the termination agreement for the AJ contract?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:17

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sat 30 Oct 19:28

I'd be astounded if a group of business men were so incompetent as to allow a contract to be drawn up in which the manager was entitled only to full compensation in the event of a dismissal.

That would really be unforgivable, but perhaps you know better?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:33

This group of successful businessmen appointed a candidate to a key role who didn’t even apply for the job!

It must be a sizeable payoff due, or he’d already be gone.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:39

Yeah because they rated what he'd done somewhere else. Might not be the best move but no board has ever got every single managerial appointment correct. You seem to think sending bits of paper would have somehow made things better.

The payoff isn't what is stopping the board sacking him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:43

And what exactly did grant do that was impressive elsewhere? Apart from being a failure everywhere else

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:46

When AJ got sacked it cost the club hundreds of thousands and 2 directors had to bail them out

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:49

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 30 Oct 20:43

And what exactly did grant do that was impressive elsewhere? Apart from being a failure everywhere else

For me nothing special but they seem to have rated what he did at a part time club as that's exactly what they've said in their interviews.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:50

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 30 Oct 20:46

When AJ got sacked it cost the club hundreds of thousands and 2 directors had to bail them out

How much and who was it then and how do you know?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:54

Regardless of arguing about payments at least everyone is now on the same page that Grant needs to go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:54

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 30 Oct 20:50

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 30 Oct 20:46

How much and who was it then and how do you know?

Don't hold your breath, lpf. 97 knows as much as you and me about AJ's pay off.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 20:55

Ah yes that impressive way he got them relegated must’ve really impressed them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 21:45

To be honest, I think what’s really happened is, Ross McArthur got on really well with him whilst all the facilities share stuff with Alloa was going on and became a bit blinkered because he was pally with him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 21:58

Aj asked for extra cash and said to the board he’d guarantee a top 3 finish, and the board gambled with that, and the pay off left them needing bailed out of about £600k, unfortunately for you GG I do know these things and it came from a good source connected to the club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:08

600K! What the hell salary was he on? Highest paid manager outside the OF?

Post Edited (Sat 30 Oct 22:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:11

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 30 Oct 21:58

Aj asked for extra cash and said to the board he’d guarantee a top 3 finish, and the board gambled with that, and the pay off left them needing bailed out of about £600k, unfortunately for you GG I do know these things and it came from a good source connected to the club

He said he'd guarantee a top 3 finish and the board bought it? They clearly know little about football. That is quite apparent now of course.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:23

No the £600k was because they gambled the prize money of a top 3 finish and we finished 7th, plus his pay off and assistant, we needed that much

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:24

Quote:

£600k for the last 18 months of his deal? That’s about £8k per week (£400k salary). Absolutely no chance we were paying that. Even assuming this includes Sandy Clark’s payout, that would be £8k p/w between them, which is still an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 22:33

The point is the club spent money on players expecting a top 3 finish and we didn't get that. So consider the prize money difference plus no bumper play off crowds.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Oct 23:10

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 29 Oct 08:45

Quote:

Kessel, Thu 28 Oct 23:31

You wouldn't believe how much you've gone up in my estimation with your last posts.🙂 I was judging you on your previous posts and being judgemental is never a good starting point when you don't know the person concerned,

I can't remember the personal attack and I can assure you I didn't report it. Must have been bad if you got a black card for it. 😂🤣

I hope you get to a better place very soon. Maybe a Pars win at Gayfield will give you and the rest of us a real lift. 🤞

Red card GG, not a black, even I'm not that mental 🤪
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 00:52

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 30 Oct 22:23

No the £600k was because they gambled the prize money of a top 3 finish and we finished 7th, plus his pay off and assistant, we needed that much

No the club didn't need a £600k bailout. This forum is unbelievable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 01:35

Forum? It’s an individual spouting nonsense. No need to tarnish us all with this crap.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:51

Quote:

I'd really like to believe your source, bud, but I can't help thinking he was either pissed or taking the p***, when he told you this. He must be good at keeping a straight face, an aw. 🙂

£600k is over 3 years worth of Lifeline income. The current BoD have been so prudent with the club's finances since they took over in 2013 that it's incomprehensible to believe they would suddenly do a sharp U turn and gamble what little money they might get at a future date.

Craig Whyte? Aye. Ross McArthur? Naw.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 10:31

Quote:

buffy, Sun 31 Oct 01:35

Forum? It’s an individual spouting nonsense. No need to tarnish us all with this crap.

I wish it was just one but no offence intended Buffy!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 10:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 31 Oct 09:51

Quote:

I'd really like to believe your source, bud, but I can't help thinking he was either pissed or taking the p***, when he told you this. He must be good at keeping a straight face, an aw. 🙂

£600k is over 3 years worth of Lifeline income. The current BoD have been so prudent with the club's finances since they took over in 2013 that it's incomprehensible to believe they would suddenly do a sharp U turn and gamble what little money they might get at a future date.

I think they've misinterpreted what they've been told in relation to the 18/19 finances where we did make a loss of £715,210.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_2019_Accounts&ID=11758

The club had cash reserves to cover most of the loss but either a Director or Directors lent the club £295,000 on an interest free basis to help with cash flow. This might also be what's being misinterpreted as the £300k investment from the German investors.

We did suffer a drop in revenue of £371,630. Part of this was down to a drop in prize money vs the previous seaon' finishing place of 4th where we had an increase in prize money and the play off revenue. The prize money differential between 4th and 7th accounts for about £137,500 of the £371,630. The rest was credited to losing 4 games at home on a Saturday which impacted revenues and also a drop in attendances due to the poor league position.

There were also 14 operations needed by players that season that the board had to pay for as well as replacing 5 backroom staff which was 3 in addition to AJ that contributed to the loss. It's not implausible that the board had agreed an increased budget for the season but probably thought they had the cash reserves at the time to cover it as we had £500k + at the bank.

After all the unexpected items we had to pay for arose and the loss we made we then had to cut the 19/20 playing budget and SC was a bit unlucky to have the league called when he was 3 points off the playoffs. Not a bad improvement considering he was working with less money than AJ had been.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 11:01

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 10:53

Quote:

Quote:

I think they've misinterpreted what they've been told in relation to the 18/19 finances where we did make a loss of £715,210.

The club had cash reserves to cover most of the loss but either a Director or Directors lent the club £295,000 on an interest free basis to help with cash flow. This might also be what's being misinterpreted as the £300k investment from the German investors.

We did suffer a drop in revenue of £371,630. Part of this was down to a drop in prize money vs the previous seaon' finishing place of 4th where we had an increase in prize money and the play off revenue. The prize money differential between 4th and 7th accounts for about £137,500 of the £371,630. The rest was credited to losing 4 games at home on a Saturday which impacted revenues and also a drop in attendances due to the poor league position.

There were also 14 operations needed by players that season that the board had to pay for as well as replacing 5 backroom staff which was 3 in addition to AJ that contributed to the loss. It's not implausible that the board had agreed an increased budget for the season but probably thought they had the cash reserves at the time to cover it as we had £500k + at the bank.

After all the unexpected items we had to pay for arose and the loss we made we then had to cut the 19/20 playing budget and SC was a bit unlucky to have the league called when he was 3 points off the playoffs. Not a bad improvement considering he was working with less money than AJ had been.

Heaven forbid an informed opinion. Well said London. Some of the nonsense spouted on here purporting as fact is a disgrace.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 11:04

Quote:

KnebworthPar, Sun 31 Oct 11:01

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 10:53

Quote:

Quote:

Heaven forbid an informed opinion. Well said London. Some of the nonsense spouted on here purporting as fact is a disgrace.

Thanks again to LPF for a factual update

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 11:43

Thanks guys.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:31

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 11:43

Thanks guys.

It's us who should be thanking you, lpf. It's good to hear a detailed explanation from someone who knows what he's talking about.

Now it only remains for parsfan97 to look out his source and skelp his lugs. 😉

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net