DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lifeline stopped
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 00:49

G

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 00:50)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lifeline stopped
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 01:23

I know things are bad. But as the name suggests this is a lifeline for our club.

Managers will come and go but that doesn't affect the love we have for our club.

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 01:57

Never hit the club you love financially. In the long term,it has consequences.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 02:02

I haven't stopped mine but it's getting more and more tempting. It feels like giving money to someone you know will waste it. I'd rather it was spent on a new management and coaching team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 02:05

I stopped mine when after the first Arbroath game.

Club is a shambles. It goes so much further than Grant being an incompetent manager btw. This new regime are frighteningly out their depth.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 02:19

I stopped mine after that statement.

I emailed the club when doing it, nothing back at all.

Will restart once things change.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 07:35

I understand the reasoning behind canning the subscription, as long as you remember and live with this when the new manager is in charge and he starts off with a shoestring budget.

Lifeline is named that for a reason, it’s not meant to be dropped the moment things turn bad, you’d argue it could be needed the most to get us out of this mess.

Not sure why there was a need for a thread to state this as well, if you want to cancel your subscription, ofcourse you’re entitled to for whatever reason you want but posting it on here is just baiting folk to do the same and I think that’s just a really sad thing to do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 07:43

I'm confused as to why it's still branded as a "lifeline". 8 years on after administration we shouldn't need one

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 07:44

The fact we have new investors, does that not mean we now have more funds to invest?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 07:54

Much more sensible than kicking and punching a bus which will obviously no doubt come with a repair bill!

People have the choice and the right to decide how to show grievance with something and I have no doubt when something is done that they will resubcribe.

I don`t believe it will be long before we hear he is out. If our board take an overview of cost analysis the impact of our current position is unsustainable! Lower attendance - don`t be fooled to think they don`t feel it. They know fine well less spent in Charlie D`s Caterers will be trying to renegotiate rates due to drop in sales. Programme sales. Reduced usage of hospitality facilities. Relegation with no the Rangers crowds. Seriously I hope I am not being presumptuous but if they are not currently in negotiations with PG to terminate the contract then the impact on the club could take years to rebuild to where we were last season.

The fans currently feel helpless....we are at a loss on how this can continue week in week out. I do not know one single Dunfermline fan that wants PG to remain at the helm. It`s just unthinkable...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 08:11

Quote:

Par, Sun 31 Oct 07:44

The fact we have new investors, does that not mean we now have more funds to invest?

In all honesty, I don’t know. Investors usually intend on investing to make a profit and any profit a Championship club can make full stop is a bonus nevermind making enough for the these guys to cash in on.

Questions why us and is this more of a hobby for them than anything serious.

I know we’ve incorrectly hired a couple of managers but I’m hoping that doesn’t carry through to our new custodians, way too early to tell and way more damaging if that was the case.

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 08:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 08:38

I'm doing the opposite. I'm a wee bit better off now and if we are needing to replace the manager and add to the midfield they will need it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:23

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 31 Oct 08:38

I'm doing the opposite. I'm a wee bit better off now and if we are needing to replace the manager and add to the midfield they will need it.

Good on you, Parrot. With dwindling attendances, players wages to pay, a budget for the January transfer window anda manager's compensation package in the offing, the last thing the club needs is for folk to withdraw their support through the Lifeline initiative.

Of course everyone is entitled to do as they please with their money. I just hope that anyone who does cancel, rejoins when PG leaves us.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:48

Da no 1 wrote: I`m confused as to why it`s still branded as a "lifeline". 8 years on after administration, we shouldn`t need one.

Yes, I agree. I think we have come to a fork in the road now. We are no longer a fan-owned club if indeed we ever were, and with the German investment, the club needs to be weened off the charity aspect.

That includes Lifeline, but not the disabled supporters` fund, which is for a specific set of projects. Or, indeed, Marv`s Cafe. While there will always be roles for volunteers, that should not include club CEO and director of football if required.

About a year ago, I proposed to the board that we should adopt a Club Membership scheme. It was rejected because it would be confused with Lifeline. Now that our ownership is structured differently, I would suggest that it might be time to revisit Club Membership as a replacement for Lifeline.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 09:59

Quote:

Par, Sun 31 Oct 07:44

It's not investor's, it's new owners we've got, unknown to most of us until the deal was done.
Which should be said it does stick in the craw .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 10:06

Attendances are dropping due to the mismanagement off the current situation. The board work hard but everyone here needs to face up to the fact the bad decisions and throwing thier collective weight behind the bad decisions in the face of customer dissatisfaction will have consequences.

It's not the fans fault end of story.

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 10:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 10:13

Totally agree. We provide the club with income, yet are watching a sh*t show week in week out.
Personally I’ll continue with my lifeline contribution but I get why others feel this is the only way of voting on just how bad things have become and how little say we now have
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 10:43

I wouldn`t mind someone who is involved in the Lifeline to tell us how many members there are now please?

Last update was around a thousand if I recall. I highly doubt it`s anywhere near that number now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 10:59

Quote:

Your choice indeed but I’ll happily restart it when he is gone but I’m not giving one more penny for this man to throw away on pretend footballers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 12:44

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sun 31 Oct 10:59

Quote:

Your choice indeed but I’ll happily restart it when he is gone but I’m not giving one more penny for this man to throw away on pretend footballers.

Thats perfectly understandable.

Remember the membership comes with benifits. If you take advantage of the discounts available it can be a free donation.

For this reason I would keep it going indefinitely.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 12:54

If anyone wants to stop lifeline , that is entirely up to them, What I don't get is the same person coming on dot net claiming "look at me guys , I've cancelled my lifeline", Why

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:01

Perhaps he will come back and post his reasons ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 31 Oct 13:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:08

I agree with Ozpar.

The Lifeline was a point in time where fans rallied to save the club. It has been invaluable over the past few years to keep up afloat and help the volunteer board steady the ship.

However, we now have (or about to have) owners who control over 75% of the shares. They can't expect to own something and have full control, but also have an ongoing fan contribution of £150 - 200k per year with no subsequent fan ownership or share structure?

For me, although I joined and paid it, the Lifeline missed the mark as it did nothing to progress towards increasing fan ownership or control.

If the Germans want fans to continue contributing, they need to look at something different like a membership and review the associated benefits too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:24

Well said Oz & RD. I've been thinking for a while that it's a bit incongruous with the new ownership model.

I don't know what the numbers are, but about 830 contributing £20 a month is £200,000 a year and we've been doing this for long enough to have put in well over a million. What have we got in return? Playing at a higher level? Happiness at still having a club?

How much did the Germans put in for their 75 % stake?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating stopping and will continue to contribute for the time being, but I do think something needs to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:29

The PST was the vehicle to own shares through, the Lifeline gave the club money directly and gave you the chance to win prizes. If anyone wanted to own shares in the club they should either have invested directly with the club or through the PST.

If you wanted shares why were you paying into the Lifeline and not the PST?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:29

I wouldn’t put in another penny until the board was gone personally, they’ve demonstrated they haven’t a clue what they are doing recently to take this club forward.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:30

Stopped mines ages ago. Lifeline is being used by some at our club to just have their pals in a position at the club

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:40

It's your money you can do what you want with it. I used to pay into the PST and now I don't. It was about 75% me wanting to keep my own money and 25% reading the drivel on here that has turned me completely against fan ownership. I'm much happier knowing that the majority of folk on here have virtually no influence on running the football club and long may that continue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:44

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 13:29

The PST was the vehicle to own shares through, the Lifeline gave the club money directly and gave you the chance to win prizes. If anyone wanted to own shares in the club they should either have invested directly with the club or through the PST.

If that question is addressed to me, the answer is because it was what was needed to help support the club at the time.

My understanding of the PST were given a fixed amount of shares based on the initial money that was raised from fans. I was not aware that any money put into the PST since that point has increased that share? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Regardless, you have not addressed whether you think the current model of the Lifeline is appropriate now our ownership model has changed so significantly?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:49

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 31 Oct 13:30

Stopped mines ages ago. Lifeline is being used by some at our club to just have their pals in a position at the club

Like who?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:50

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 13:40

It's your money you can do what you want with it. I used to pay into the PST and now I don't. It was about 75% me wanting to keep my own money and 25% reading the drivel on here that has turned me completely against fan ownership. I'm much happier knowing that the majority of folk on here have virtually no influence on running the football club and long may that continue.

Ha! Well said. Couldn't agree more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 13:52

Look at who the last 2 chairman’s have been PARrot then you’ll get your answer. Job for the boys

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:06

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Sun 31 Oct 13:44

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 13:29

If that question is addressed to me, the answer is because it was what was needed to help support the club at the time.

My understanding of the PST were given a fixed amount of shares based on the initial money that was raised from fans. I was not aware that any money put into the PST since that point has increased that share? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Regardless, you have not addressed whether you think the current model of the Lifeline is appropriate now our ownership model has changed so significantly?

To be honest I've got no idea when the last time the PST bought shares because I stopped caring. Its also why I said that the board could have been approached directly if folk wanted to invest either individually or through a collective. The Lifeline never had the option to get shares in return for the donations and there's never been any ambiguity about that. I absolutely do think the current model is fine. You never had share ownership through the scheme and the ownership structure was irrelevant at all times and still is now. You either want to donate and try and win things and support the club or you can choose to keep your cash in your pocket. It's completely your choice. Like I said I stopped my donations mainly because I wanted to keep the cash slightly because fan ownership gives me the fear.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:08

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 31 Oct 13:52

Look at who the last 2 chairman’s have been PARrot then you’ll get your answer. Job for the boys

Did your mate that told you about the 600k bailout tell you that aye?

Of course the chairman is going to come from the people that put the money into the club. It obviously means it's going to be one of a relatively small number of people.

RM is playing a blinder at duping people too seeing as how he's an elected representative by other clubs for the Championship.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:10

Right, hes gone.

Sign back up to the lifeline op!

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:11

If only you held off another day. You wouldn`t need to re sign up

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:16

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 31 Oct 13:52

Can you post something that makes sense and I might be able to respond.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 14:19

Hope everyone will now reinstate their payments?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:32

Why should fans still need to donate to a non-fan owned club that has wealthy owners? I pointed this out to a lifeline donator and he agreed…..

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:43

Who on earth says they have to do? Do what you want with your money but it's for the exact same reason it would be if it was fan owned. You're making a donation to the club you support and you get a chance to win something. Either do it or don't.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:49

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 15:43

Who on earth says they have to do? Do what you want with your money but it's for the exact same reason it would be if it was fan owned. You're making a donation to the club you support and you get a chance to win something. Either do it or don't.

And you get access to local discounts that could be more than you pay in. It's a win win situation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:50

Sorry forgot about that part too!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:52

Quote:

This
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 15:59

Quote:

Agreed . Far too many already in with the bricks . The club needs gutted .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 16:04

I actually think you'd be hard pressed to find a range of people better placed to help the club. Can't talk too much for the recent investors as they haven't had enough time to make an impact but the board have:

Enabled the takeover of the club.
Stabilised the day to day running without credit facilities.
Got us promoted.
Increased revenue until Covid kicked in
Called out tw@ts when they've had to
Realised they had taken the club as far as they could with their collective resources and brought in new investment to hopefully take us forward.

Yeah the appointment of Grant was terrible but they've got far more right than wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 17:17

You're wasting your time LPF. The vast majority of those wanting Ross and the rest gone think all of that happens by magic and they're not interested.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 17:24

Possibly but hopefully you can convert one or two along the way!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 17:34

Quote:

JTH123, Sun 31 Oct 17:17

You're wasting your time LPF. The vast majority of those wanting Ross and the rest gone think all of that happens by magic and they're not interested.

This.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 17:37

"Why should fans still need to donate to a non-fan owned club that has wealthy owners?"

the owners arent wealthy, they said that themselves.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 17:38

That's a really good/important point I should have included as well. Thanks mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 18:00

I often wonder why people volunteer to help football clubs. There might be some kudos in it when things go well but there`s little gratitude around when things go wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 18:45

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 31 Oct 17:24

Possibly but hopefully you can convert one or two along the way!

No.
When folk are that thick there is little hope of helping them.
Tin hat my arze!
Fire away.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 21:52

The club has to step up in terms of professionalism . We have no idea what the Germans intentions are but a good start would be to cut off the hangers on. Local businessmen having far too much of a say in how the club is run and treating the club as a wee social club for their mates .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 31 Oct 22:08

It still is a partially a fan owned club but now new investors have the controlling share. Between the patrons and PST we own around a quarter of the expanded shareholding. Our shareholding’s may have been diluted but we are still owners.People seem to be missing the big picture of the new investment with its stated longer term aim of building on and enhancing current fan efforts through investments for long term such as new training facilities (not short term burning through capital in a gamble for short term promotion). The following link is advocating very much for a similar long term strategy. I am happy to keep contributing as together (fans and new investors) surely we can achieve more. https://news.sky.com/story/what-sport-can-teach-business-and-society-about-great-deals-12410493
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 00:17

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sun 31 Oct 21:52

The club has to step up in terms of professionalism . We have no idea what the Germans intentions are but a good start would be to cut off the hangers on. Local businessmen having far too much of a say in how the club is run and treating the club as a wee social club for their mates .

No objection to things being done professionally, as long as you realise that means a considerable annual outlay in salaries and overheads (NI, HR, support staff etc) - money which would not then be available for players or stadium maintenance. And it's unlikely the professional staff will be Pars fans, so if they're any good they'll soon be off to better-paid jobs.

It's also worth factoring in that local businesses put a lot of money into DAFC every year through sponsorship, advertising, hospitality, 1885 Business Club, discounted goods/services, soft loans etc.

Just because someone is a businessperson doesn't make them any less of a Pars supporter, and if they pay the going rate to have their friends attend hospitality etc I don't see an issue.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 08:14

Well said Stanza. The directors using hospitality will be paying their way and helping the club in the process. The 1885 Business club I see also regularly makes £10,000 donations, and according to its Facebook page it has donated over £300,000 since its inception. We are fortunate in having people with skills working hard for the club without taking a salary (and who are fans who helped save our club) meaning more money is available for players. If we can maintain our investments as fans and build for the longer term (as outlined by the new investors) we should increase our chances of becoming an established Premiership team. The missing piece of the jigsaw has been the right manager. Fingers crossed that this time the managerial choice proves to be a successful one.

Post Edited (Mon 01 Nov 08:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 11:02

Just for the record in case anyone accuses me of special pleading, I don't own a business and I have never been in the Boardroom for drinkies, or ever had so much as a sausage roll by way of a freebie from DAFC! :)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 11:28

I`ll ask again. How many are signed up to this?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 11:28

Quote:

DRreturns, Sun 31 Oct 15:32

Why should fans still need to donate to a non-fan owned club that has wealthy owners? I pointed this out to a lifeline donator and he agreed…..

It is a way to help the club, most clubs have something similar, Rangers and celtic used to do rangers pools and celtic pools, I know rangers started it back up when they went tits up, Both clubs also do rangers/celtic Lotto

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 11:37

I`m not clear what all the fuss is about. It`s voluntary. If you don`t want to take part that`s fine. I don`t understand the need to come on here and tell everyone you`ve opted out or stopped it though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 11:46

Why do clubs sell HT draw tickets, food, betting slips, clothes, advertising boards, fanzines, hospitality, refreshments……?

Every single club in the world does this - no matter how big or small they are. They also have volunteers and fundraisers. I met a group of volunteers, who work at Old Trafford, last year. Amazing folk.

Income is important - whichever way it comes in, and however well off / sufficient clubs are run.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 17:54

Post Edited (Mon 01 Nov 17:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 08:50

Some great posts by LondonParsFan. We DO HAVE FAN OWNERSHIP - It is just that it is no longer majority ownership. Patrons and the PST still own shares and therefore continue to remain part owners. Patrons and PST members also currently have a number of their elected representatives on the board, including Drew Main. The new investors could have radically changed the whole board, but they haven`t.

I worry about some people who think that having new investors means they no longer need to contribute. They are not Sheiks with bottomless pockets. As Buffy points out, all clubs are looking to generate revenue to help pay the bills and improve their chances on the pitch. The science shows a clear (but not perfect) correlation between expenditure on players and achievement.

Did people not listen to the new investors when they have explained what they hope to achieve? They have made it clear their involvement is to try to progress the club in a sustainable way over the longer term (as opposed to splashing the cash in a short term gamble to try to win promotion), and they are seeking to work with the fans to ADD to what we have already been doing and NOT replace it. Hopefully, we can hear more from them in the future. Reposting the following link again, but the new investors seem very much aligned with the long term view discussed in it https://news.sky.com/story/what-sport-can-teach-business-and-society-about-great-deals-12410493.

I don`t know enough about how a club membership scheme (of the kind suggested by Oz) would work but maybe it might be a future option as proposed. Presumably it would need to make the club`s financial position better, not worse.

No one is forced to contribute to Lifeline, buy 50:50 tickets, spend money in the club shop etc., but this all helps the club. As I have indicated in a previous post, the missing ingredient has been the right management/coaching team and if this can be sorted, then surely together (us fans + new investors) can achieve more than just the new investors on their own? The new owners probably need to engage more with the fans to get everyone on board so we can progress the club together. Hopefully as a start the new manager can succeed in keeping us in the Championship and get us moving up the table.

The more funds the club has, the better its chances (although not guaranteed). Granted, the choice of the last manager proved to be disastrous, but hopefully, this time around, the board can get it right. Wouldn`t it be nice if in a few years time we can look back (from a position of having become an established Premiership club with its own training facilities, youth set up etc.) on recent times as just a nasty bump in the road?

As for the complaint that you don`t get shares for paying into Lifeline - as pointed out by LPF, we have always had a choice - we could buy shares individually as Patrons or contribute to PST to increase their shareholding. In addition, or alternatively, you could choose to donate charitably to Lifeline but with the chance and fun of possibly winning some prizes (which shareholders don`t)

Post Edited (Tue 02 Nov 09:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 16:11

Thanks RP. I think we're pretty much saying the same thing so I unsurprisingly agree with your post as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 22:33

There is a line in the most recent annual accounts filed which reads:

“Our intention is that the new investment will allow us to address some of the infrastructure needs of the club and put in place the building blocks for a sustainable, successful future. The loyalty of our supporters will play an enormous part in bringing our plans to fruition. If the new investment funds are to meet the infrastructure costs, the continuation of the financial support the club receives from the Centenary Club Lifeline and other supporter organisations will be essential in meeting the costs of the day to day operation of our Club’”

Previous years accounts were more blunt in that without such funding the club would have a material uncertainty as to whether it could continue as a going concern. Anyone who thinks the Lifeline fund is now obsolete or that it is some kind of slush fund that gives us a clear competitive advantage over other clubs, doesn’t understand the reality. Of course people are entitled to contribute or not, as they see fit, but don’t have any illusions that the Lifeline is not still an essential part of running the club and building for the future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 22:58

GG4 you might be better posting a fresh message asking the question. I know we have been close to 1,000 before my guess would be 800 ish bit that is a complete guess.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 09:45

Livingston Par wrote:

> GG4 you might be better posting a fresh message asking the
> question. I know we have been close to 1,000 before my guess
> would be 800 ish bit that is a complete guess.
>
>

It would be interesting to know the current number. I would say 800 may have been the number at start of the season, but considering the amount of people who said they were stopping, I suspect sub 600.

Total speculation and guesswork, and would be good to hear where we are with this. If people can afford it, it is a good idea. Remember with the drops in numbers, the prizes are still payable, so the margin on this declines sharply with dropouts. (Cost to run is the same on 1000 v 800 v 600)

Post Edited (Wed 03 Nov 10:29)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net