DAFC.net
Home 08 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Robertson
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 13:03

Robertson is now 6/4 favourite on McBookie, from 5/1 yesterday. That’s a seriously large cut in a price in under 24 hours. I don’t know if they have info or a few punters have stuck bets on…….

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Robertson
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 13:05

5/4 now

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 13:11

These markets are notoriously volatile and a few bets can easily lead to a bookie fearing that some have inside info and slashing the price

I`d be surprised if they have taken £100 on Robbo. They will certainly have capped the stakes - possibly no more than £20?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 13:15

As it has been said by several posters, we need someone who knows how to play in this league.
Ill eat my feathers if it isn't Robbo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 13:59

Since he took a step back at Inverness due to mental health issues perhaps East End isn't the best place for him.
Would be very happy to have him as manager here but a significant portion of our fans are utterly toxic. So for his own mental health would strongly advise against becoming our manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:04

Have the odds on Robbo not been slashed because a few folk have stuck some money on him in response to an earlier tweet doing the rounds?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:09

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Mon 1 Nov 13:59

Since he took a step back at Inverness due to mental health issues perhaps East End isn't the best place for him.
Would be very happy to have him as manager here but a significant portion of our fans are utterly toxic. So for his own mental health would strongly advise against becoming our manager.

This.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:12

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 1 Nov 14:09

Quote:

This.

Although he would be my number one the thought had crossed my mind as well.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:13

Did Robbo not sign Todorov and Kennedy, two of Grant`s so called dud signings when he was Inverness manager. I think he also signed James Vincent and Danny Devine who both used to get pelters on here.
Good luck to him if he gets the job!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:17

He`s been in the game long enough to know management isn`t a bed of roses, whichever club you`re at. I`m sure he`ll have considered that in weighing up whether he wants to return to the fray or not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:20

Listened to Off the Ball on saturday and he sounded in great form. In a list of uninspiring names he was one of the names that stood out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:38

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Mon 01 Nov 13:59

This has to be a wind up surely ? I’m more concerned about the amount of absolute wet wipes that follow us .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:41

Posted already on other threads. Listen to the last 5 mins of OTB Saturday. Whilst he plays down going back to management he doesn’t rule it out either
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 14:57

I doubt Robertson`s mental health issues were brought on or can be exacerbated by a bunch of wee fannies.

Especially in the numbers our wee diddy club produces.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:02

Really? You don't think having your property vandalised and your family abused is going to have a negative impact on someone if they were managing the club?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:04

Quote:

Stoo, Mon 1 Nov 14:57

I doubt Robertson`s mental health issues were brought on or can be exacerbated by a bunch of wee fannies.

Especially in the numbers our wee diddy club produces.

Aye true, the massive support Caley get must have been the difference eh🤔

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:10

True, I retract previous statement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:14

Quote:

No more toxic than any other club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:20

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 1 Nov 13:11

These markets are notoriously volatile and a few bets can easily lead to a bookie fearing that some have inside info and slashing the price

I`d be surprised if they have taken £100 on Robbo. They will certainly have capped the stakes - possibly no more than £20?

At 1pm this afternoon McBookie tweeted-

"First gamble on the Dunfermline manager market for John Robertson

Also bets on Stewart Petrie, Kenny Miller, Mark Fotheringham and Ian Cathro"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:43

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Mon 1 Nov 15:14

Quote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-45170155.amp/url

Post Edited (Mon 01 Nov 15:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:45

Quote:

elvis_lives, Mon 1 Nov 15:43

Quote:

Quote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-45170155.amp
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 15:57

I think he had a horrendous run of events with something like three or four close family members becoming seriously ill or passing away in the space of a few months coupled with the pandemic and being stuck up North and away from said folks due to lockdown restrictions.

His assistant manager was also off with long term health problems so was spinning plates and trying to juggle a hell of a lot on his own

He said as much in an interview a while back, fair play to ICT senior management the way they supported him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 16:09

Quote:

elvis_lives, Mon 1 Nov 15:45

Quote:

elvis_lives, Mon 1 Nov 15:43

Quote:

Quote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-45170155.amp

Calling out badly behaved supporters will go down well here. They're only passionate right enough..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 16:14

Quote:

Surely that decision has to rest with him. He will know if he feels ready to step back into football management and will also be aware of how demanding the job is. If he attends for interview, it suggests he feels he is ready.

I'm not so sure he's been "head hunted " however and that other candidates will be interviewed in the coming days. The club is unlikely to repeat the mistakes made when PG was appointed.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Mon 1 Nov 18:00

Not a surprise that the price is coming in when a director`s family member is claiming it`s him.

While I wouldn`t be surprised if it is Robbo, there`s a few things missing at the moment...

1) Have we got permission from Inverness to speak to him?
2) Does he want to leave after they stood by him earlier in the year?
3) Does he want move back south, when it sounds like he`s pretty settled up there?
4) Does he want to be a manager again (although our set up might help take a bit of that workload off)?
5) If Robertson does want the job, do the board get him in asap, or do they look around (as promised, even though Robertson is probably the most agreed on choice among the fans)?

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net