DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jacob Brown
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 15:44

A new name appears in the squad to play Moldova on 12 November.

From the BBC Sport website :-

The inclusion of Brown, 23, will come as a surprise to Scotland fans. However, the Yorkshireman qualifies through his mother, who was born in Glasgow, and has impressed at Stoke this season having joined last year from Barnsley, where he came through the academy. He scored 12 times in 82 appearances for the club, and has four goals and four assists this campaign as Stoke aim to get back to the Premier League under Michael O`Neill.

"He`s been on the radar for quite a while here," Steve Clarke added. "He almost got an under-21 call-up just before Covid hit.

"Jacob`s had a good spell at Stoke and caught my eye. He`ll bring us something a little bit different and freshen up the striking area because we`re losing Lyndon and Ryan Christie for the first game.

"He`s playing as a striker, playing up front in a 3-5-2, he can play as the lone striker. He puts defenders on the back foot, he`s quick, direct. If you`re playing against Jacob as a defender you know you`re in a game."

Does anyone know anything else about him?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jacob Brown
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 15:48

similar to Matt Phillips/Che Adams in terms of his physicallity and speed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 16:34

Just another improvement to the squad. Was hoping someone could Persuade Connor Gallagher as well on loan at palace from Chelsea

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 16:57

Anyone that pushes Oli McBurnie further back the pecking order will do for me .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 21:02

Connor Gallagher is an excellent player. Does he have any Scottish credentials? He sounds more Irish I reckon. Born in Epsom seemingly. Maybe there`s a Scottish granny somewhere.

Post Edited (Tue 02 Nov 21:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 21:18

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 02 Nov 21:02

Connor Gallagher is an excellent player. Does he have any Scottish credentials? He sounds more Irish I reckon. Born in Epsom seemingly. Maybe there`s a Scottish granny somewhere.

Post Edited (Tue 02 Nov 21:06)

According to Wikipedia he qualifies for Scotland and the Republic of Ireland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 22:15

Gallagher has represented England at every level from under-17 to under-21 but doesn`t have a full cap yet so could be pinched by Ireland or Scotland. The fact that he hasn`t been may indicate he wants to take a chance on winning an England cap.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:20

Maybe best not to consider someone whose heart lies elsewhere.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net