DAFC.net
Home 19 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Blatter & Platini Indicted
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 2 Nov 18:03

For fraud. Will probably surprise nobody:

https://www.politico.eu/article/football-fifa-uefa-sepp-blatter-michel-platini-indicted-fraud/

Gist of it seems to be that Platini demanded back dated pay in 2011 for allegedly as a Fifa Presidential Advisor to Blatter between 98 and 2002. Blatter ponied up where there may not have been a legal basis to do so but it did tie in with his reelection campaign where he needed European support. One of a few Fifa investigations so will be interesting to see what the Swiss courts decide.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Blatter & Platini Indicted
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 07:38

I know this is a Pars forum but I'm surprised no one has commented on this. Those that run the game have a huge responsibility but sadly, some use/have used their positions to get rich by employing fraudulent and corrupt practices.

I'd be very surprised if either Blatter or Platini spend even a single day behind bars, even though they fully deserve to be locked away. Both men were very well rewarded in their jobs and certainly didn't need to misappropriate (steal) any extra cash. Pure greed.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:22

Blatter - You could expect that sort of behaviour.

Platini - The man who wore his France top under his suit jacket at the `98 WCF,
just like one of the fans. What a piece of merde, football hasn`t got a chance with scumbags like these two about.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 11:01

Both found not guilty in Swiss Court.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 12:01

change one letter and they could be soon "inducted" ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net