DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ross McArthur
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:28

Stepping down at the end of the season...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:30

statement

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_Statement_&ID=13415

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:32

Hopefully he stays on the board and just steps down as chairman ig that's what he's decided to do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:35

It’s horrendous that he is having to step down due to personal abuse and attacks. He has made mistakes, but he has done a lot of positive things for the club and changed many things for the better.

I have been critical of some of his decisions, particularly the appointment of Grant. But there is no doubt that he has given so much for the club and has done everything with the best intentions of the club at heart.

Nobody deserves to face the abuse that he has, particularly just because some ‘fans’ aren’t happy with the football. Totally unacceptable and those people should be ashamed of themselves. They shouldn’t be welcome at EEP at all. I hope Ross will continue to be present at EEP and I’m sure that 99.99% of fans will be delighted to see him there and be friendly. I can also be fairly certain that the scum who have subjected him to abuse/attacks wouldn’t try any of that with others present.

Hopefully the club are able to replace him with someone who can help us to progress even more. But it’s definitely safe to say that the job would be much harder, were it not for all of Ross’ hard work and dedication and commitment to the club/role.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:49

I asked the question about Ross’s tenure only three days ago and shot down by many on here as being “fantasy,pure speculation etc.” and after pressure by the the usual clique my post was deleted by admin.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Wed 03 Nov 13:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:51

Quote:

par-91, Wed 3 Nov 13:35

It’s horrendous that he is having to step down due to personal abuse and attacks. He has made mistakes, but he has done a lot of positive things for the club and changed many things for the better.

I have been critical of some of his decisions, particularly the appointment of Grant. But there is no doubt that he has given so much for the club and has done everything with the best intentions of the club at heart.

Nobody deserves to face the abuse that he has, particularly just because some ‘fans’ aren’t happy with the football. Totally unacceptable and those people should be ashamed of themselves. They shouldn’t be welcome at EEP at all. I hope Ross will continue to be present at EEP and I’m sure that 99.99% of fans will be delighted to see him there and be friendly. I can also be fairly certain that the scum who have subjected him to abuse/attacks wouldn’t try any of that with others present.

Hopefully the club are able to replace him with someone who can help us to progress even more. But it’s definitely safe to say that the job would be much harder, were it not for all of Ross’ hard work and dedication and commitment to the club/role.

There's criticism and there's abuse.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:52

It`s perfectly understandable that he would want to step down. I find the timing of the announcement a bit strange though. Why no wait until after the new manager is appointed?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 13:58

[Post Deleted] - Intimidating or offensive message
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:00

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Nov 13:52

It`s perfectly understandable that he would want to step down. I find the timing of the announcement a bit strange though. Why no wait until after the new manager is appointed?

So that the new manager knows what he's signing up for. The worst thing to do was bring someone in and then say "I'm offski".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:01

Don't feed the troll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:07

DAFC123, School lunch break used to be at 1pm when I was a kid

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:11

Says the guy with 6 posts to his name...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:14

Thank you for saving our club Ross.
Guys it`s time to move on and draw a line in the sand.
Stop the bickering and unite

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:19

A good 99% of the DAFC support won't know 1% of what Ross has done for the club all in.
I hope the morons responsible for the abuse get a wee karma visit..I'll stop there before I let myself down.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:25

Rasta l totally understand and your right to stop at that. He certainly did not deserve the amount of personal attacks on him and his family especially the amount of time and money he has put into the club. God knows how much it has done to his mental health.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:26

Sorry that he is going, on the occasions that I have met him he seemed to be a nice guy. Last week at Arbroath I believe that there were no board members in the ground, I wonder if they were at EEP discussing Grant and this.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:32

Posted this about 3 weeks ago, was shot down for it.

It’s a bitter shame that its happened, he’s clearly a clever and capable
man and would surely be an asset in some capacity?

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:35

I’ve said it before. Be careful what you wish for. Ross always had the absolute best interests of DAFC at the forefront of his mind. I only hope that any new incoming chairman has the same mindset…… fingers crossed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:39

Personal abuse shames our club. I realise the vast majority was just bring critical in a football context, there have been a couple of very unsavoury incidents however which nobody deserves never mind a man who gave up loads of his personal time over the last 8 years to try improve our club.
He got the last managerial appointment disastrously wrong but the intentions were clearly good and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:46

Looks like he's been talked into staying longer than originally intended.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 14:59

Quote:

DRreturns, Wed 3 Nov 14:32

Posted this about 3 weeks ago, was shot down for it.

It’s a bitter shame that its happened, he’s clearly a clever and capable
man and would surely be an asset in some capacity?

Maybe you were shot down because you posted it on a public forum, before the club was ready to announce it, DR?

I feel very much like you do btw and I knew it was on the cards as the club has more leaks than your average colander, but I kept it to myself.

There has never been another Chairman who has put so much time and effort into saving the club and then stabilising it. Most of us happily describe players as Pars legends and will also describe the occasional manager in the same glowing terms, but it's definitely not cool to describe a director as a Pars legend but that's exactly what Ross McArthur is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:05

Our club will be the worse when Ross steps down, the man has done a tremendous job in horrendous circumstances

Perhaps the Peter Grant decisions was not what he would want remembered for however I’m sure that that particular course of action was not his alone although he seems to be carrying the can for it

Thank you Ross for the fine work and countless hours you have devoted to the club for no return

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:08

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 3 Nov 14:46

Looks like he's been talked into staying longer than originally intended.

That's my understanding, too. There are a number of projects to be finalised and Ross didn't want to land someone else with the task.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:14

Sad, sad day for our club. Thanks to Ross for all he’s done and all I’m sure he will continue to do in whatever capacity.

And to all the trolls, be careful what you wish for. EEP is a poorer place today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:18

Fantastic Chairman in what must be a very high pressure job, especially as he’s a total Pars man. We’ve all made mistakes at work, not many get the public scrutiny (and abuse) that can come with football.

He stabilised our finances, created the community club ethos, treated everyone with respect and earned back the club’s good name with other clubs, that reputation being mud during administration in 2013.

Also a huge supporter of our Schools Engagment Programme, not just with encouragement but making time to talk to countless classes about how the club is organised and marketed.

All for the love of the club, huge sacrifices of time without pay. A hard act to follow.

It would be fitting to give him a brilliant end to the season - what could that be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:33

The vile abuse that he received was totally unacceptable.

However there is no escaping the fact that Grant was head hunted under Ross`s watch as chairman without due process of interview etc.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision of course.

Hopefully he`ll stay as a director.

Post Edited (Wed 03 Nov 15:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:35

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 3 Nov 14:26

Sorry that he is going, on the occasions that I have met him he seemed to be a nice guy. Last week at Arbroath I believe that there were no board members in the ground, I wonder if they were at EEP discussing Grant and this.

Article said that two directors were at Arbroath, Garmony and Braisby potentially? RM was absent due to illness.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:40

It is awful that his time in charge is ending under these circumstances, but to this day I still struggle to comprehend the Grant appointment, it cannot possibly have been purely down to his coaching prowess.

One thing I expected from the German owners was pragmatism but we didn't see it here or with the handling of Grants departure. They need to start considering factors outside the boardroom bubble going forward.

Sadly, the attacks on Ross were an inevitable consequence of shocking recruitment along with the pervious few years of b******t we have had to put up with. They bet the house on Grant being something he was not and this is what happens. All clubs have their idiots, even the Saintly St Pauli. You accept it, and take it into account when necessary or you don't buy a feckin football club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:43

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 3 Nov 14:26

I think you'll find that at least a couple of directors were ill and weren't at the Rovers game either, so no, they weren't at EEP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:50

Quote:

doctordandruff, Wed 03 Nov 15:40

It is awful that his time in charge is ending under these circumstances, but to this day I still struggle to comprehend the Grant appointment, it cannot possibly have been purely down to his coaching prowess.

One thing I expected from the German owners was pragmatism but we didn't see it here or with the handling of Grants departure. They need to start considering factors outside the boardroom bubble going forward.

Sadly, the attacks on Ross were an inevitable consequence of shocking recruitment along with the pervious few years of b******t we have had to put up with. They bet the house on Grant being something he was not and this is what happens. All clubs have their idiots, even the Saintly St Pauli. You accept it, and take it into account when necessary or you don't buy a feckin football club.

The attacks were an inevitable consequence?

really ? Poor stuff indeed

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:52

Inevitable consequences? Hoping that’s an unfortunate turn of phrase.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:54

The man has been hounded out by a relatively small group of mindless idiots. Sad to see. He deserves a lot more, given the time and energy he has put into our club for many years now. Ok, we move on to the next chapter, but this whole thing has just been so poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 15:59

To me and the rest of the DASC DONATION SHOP VOLUNTEERS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A VERY FAIR Chairman and very appreciative of what we do for the club. And I would say, be careful what you wish for.
On another slant, what about the stress caused to his family, his wife and two daughters? who wants to see, read about someone spitting on their Husband/Dad ? Absolutely disgusting and to the person who did this, and I do not apologise sub human, I never ever thought I would ever expect that from a Pars Fan.
However, I am glad he is staying on till the end of the season at least. and I hope Ross will become a Director on the board and not forgotten for all the huge amount he has brought to our club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:04

How is it a poor turn of phrase? Do you understand what it means?

It's called reality. We are shocked what happened, but who was actually surprised?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:09

Would get my nomination for our next "Hall of Fame" awards in respect of the enormous amount he did to keep this love of ours afloat.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:18

Quote:

doctordandruff, Wed 03 Nov 16:04

It's called reality. We are shocked what happened, but who was actually surprised?

At best, Very poor phrasing. The behaviour was disgusting. Ross stands ‘head and shoulders’ above these types of comments dandruff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:23

It's very sad that it has come to this, but Ross staying on for the rest of the season is a good, pragmatic way forward out of a difficult situation.

It gives the Board, the owners and the new football manager a degree of continuity and time to reflect on the best way forward, and allows for an orderly transfer of responsibility to a new chief executive (a more important role than that of chairman). It also gives his long-suffering family an endpoint they can look forward to.

Many people played an important role in the salvation and resurrection of DAFC, but none more so than Ross McArthur, and since then he has represented the club with dignity, professionalism and a huge amount of self-sacrifice.

On a personal level I have experienced his kindness and empathy during difficult times, and I know that is true for many others in the Pars family.

He will leave a big blazer to fill, and the leaving present he would want more than anything is to see the Pars promoted - is it too much to hope for?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:27

It is no doubt a sad and emotional time for Ross?
I do hope he takes comfort knowing that thousands of Pars fans really appreciate what he has done for the club, over a number of years ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:43

Quote:

doctordandruff, Wed 3 Nov 16:04

So, what you're really saying in a coded way, is that Ross McArthur brought this on himself by making a poor decision in appointing Peter Grant?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:49

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 3 Nov 16:27

It is no doubt a sad and emotional time for Ross?
I do hope he takes comfort knowing that thousands of Pars fans really appreciate what he has done for the club, over a number of years ?

I've been privileged to have know Ross since he became a director and he's such a modest, unassuming man that I think he'll be genuinely surprised to learn that he is held in such high esteem by the vast majority of Pars fans and that his time and effort to save and then stabilise our club are much appreciated.

Had it not been for him and the help of others, we might now be a phoenix club in the Lowland League at best.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:53

Would get my nomination for our next "Hall of Fame" awards in respect of the enormous amount he did to keep this love of ours afloat.

Good shout Wetherby.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:56

Always a gentleman.
Hopefully remains at the club to deal with the day to day running.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 16:58

McCaig`s Tower wrote:

> Would get my nomination for our next "Hall of Fame" awards
> in respect of the enormous amount he did to keep this love of
> ours afloat.

>
> Good shout Wetherby.
>
>

You must be joking surely? One of his final main acts as chairman could well be that he’s appointed the man that cost us relegation this season (time will tell). It also remains to be seen how good a pair of hands he’s leaving the club in - I hope his selecting of investors is better than his selecting of managers!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:01

He didn't appoint him on his own you rocket.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:02

Sad news that he has decided to step down due to some absolute morons. Lifetime ban for the cretins involved. It’s hard to believe the level of abuse he has received then again you only need to come on here and see some of the absolute roasters that post to know we have some shady characters following us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Oldfifer  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:02

You are a true Pars man Rasta

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:09

Topic Originator: londonparsfan like | nolike
Date: Wed 3 Nov 17:01

He didn`t appoint him on his own you rocket.

Blah blah - whatever ya roaster! He seemed quite happy telling us all about ‘his’ lengthy telephone call with PG etc etc.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:10

Quote:

BA, Wed 03 Nov 16:58

McCaig`s Tower wrote:

> ours afloat.

>
> Good shout Wetherby.
>

You must be joking surely? One of his final main acts as chairman could well be that he’s appointed the man that cost us relegation this season (time will tell). It also remains to be seen how good a pair of hands he’s leaving the club in - I hope his selecting of investors is better than his selecting of managers!

So he should be vilified for assisting with the hiring of a manager? For all the years he’s kept this club going since administration?

Your post is ridiculous.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:14

Quote:

BA, Wed 3 Nov 17:09

Blah blah - whatever ya roaster! He seemed quite happy telling us all about ‘his’ lengthy telephone call with PG etc etc.

Of course he spoke to him and said he'd spoken to him but the BOD had input and so do the new investors.

Decisions are made by majority decision by the BoD or a majority of whoever can make the meetings and the new investors can override the Board if they want to.

Some much "passion" from our fans and yet so little knowledge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:18

ate: Wed 3 Nov 17:10

Quote:

BA, Wed 03 Nov 16:58

McCaig`s Tower wrote:

> ours afloat.
>
> Good shout Wetherby.
>

So he should be vilified for assisting with the hiring of a manager? For all the years he’s kept this club going since administration?

Your post is ridiculous.

Who said anything about vilifying the guy? All I did was disagree with suggestions of him being a ‘hall of fame candidate’, so if anything your post is ridiculous! 🤓

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:19

It’s commendable that he kept our ship
Afloat but on the flip side in the last 10 years we have achieved so little with so many managers.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:27

opic Originator: londonparsfan like | nolike
Date: Wed 3 Nov 17:14

Quote:

Of course he spoke to him and said he`d spoken to him but the BOD had input and so do the new investors.

Decisions are made by majority decision by the BoD or a majority of whoever can make the meetings and the new investors can override the Board if they want to.

The only thing I need knowledge of is the general business understanding that the buck stops with the guy at the top.

A few folk jumping on my post earlier, to put the record straight I’m disagreeing with calls for him to be put in the hall of fame, I’ve not said he’s a terrible person and should be vilified. I’ve always watched his interviews and thought he seems like a good honest guy - the irony is his honesty has cost him big time in the end. He’s obviously a good business man and done very well to stabilise the club, however I do feel a change is needed, the whole place seems a bit stale now and the general match day experience never gets any better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  

It`s not that much of a leap to suggest we wouldn`t have a club if weren`t for people like Ross.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who won`t want Hall of Fame membership, that doesn`t stop it being awarded to him and it would be well deserved.

Hopefully he stays on the BOD in some capacity.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]

No, I blame the idiots that attacked him.

But I blame the atmosphere that created this situation on a massive failure of leadership from the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:29

You also added this:
“ Blah blah - whatever ya roaster! He seemed quite happy telling us all about ‘his’ lengthy telephone call with PG etc etc.”
Still saying it’s about the suggestion of a Hall of Fame inclusion aye? Doubt it.
You backtrack as much as you want BA.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:39

Quote:

BA, Wed 3 Nov 17:27

opic Originator: londonparsfan like | nolike
Date: Wed 3 Nov 17:14

Quote:

Of course he spoke to him and said he`d spoken to him but the BOD had input and so do the new investors.

The only thing I need knowledge of is the general business understanding that the buck stops with the guy at the top.

A few folk jumping on my post earlier, to put the record straight I’m disagreeing with calls for him to be put in the hall of fame, I’ve not said he’s a terrible person and should be vilified. I’ve always watched his interviews and thought he seems like a good honest guy - the irony is his honesty has cost him big time in the end. He’s obviously a good business man and done very well to stabilise the club, however I do feel a change is needed, the whole place seems a bit stale now and the general match day experience never gets any better.

Boards are accountable to their shareholders and the German investors can overrule everything the rest of the Board want to do by virtue of the revised Articles of Association when the takeover went through.

The Chairman can't make decisions on his own at our club.

Earlier you pretty much summed up his entire tenure in one decision he wasn't solely responsible for even in his capacity as chairman. That's why its frustrating reading posts like that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:42

I said at the start of the season that if Grant turns out to be a disaster he should think about resigning, as I did not agree with his last two appointments and the decision to give Johnston a 2 year deal (as much as I got the reasoning behind it). It is sad however that he is resigning because of the horrible attacks I`ve heard he`s been subjected to. There is a way to deal with things and attacking and abusing someone in the street is not it. It`s disgusting. By the way people talk about Ross it sounds like he`d accept constructive criticism and give reasons for why he made certain decisions, if quizzed on it.

I love football but I can`t understand why anyone would stoop this low because of a few bad decisions a chairman and board have made. They are all Pars fans and want the club to be successful. We may not agree with a lot of decisions they make but they are doing it because they feel it`s the best for the club. We would all make incorrect decisions in that position. No one has a crystal ball.

All the best to Ross and hopefully he`s able to attend games in future without any animosity. He deserves a warm welcome with all the hard work he put in behind the scenes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:48

Topic Originator: buffy like | nolike
Date: Wed 3 Nov 17:29

You also added this:
“ Blah blah - whatever ya roaster! He seemed quite happy telling us all about ‘his’ lengthy telephone call with PG etc etc.”
Still saying it’s about the suggestion of a Hall of Fame inclusion aye? Doubt it.
You backtrack as much as you want BA.

What would I back track on exactly? One reason I don’t see him as a hall of fame candidate is his poor appointment of managers - which ties in with the statement you’ve quoted me on above 🤷🏻‍♂️.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:49

I have read the official statement issued regarding Ross McArthur stepping down as Chairman but I read nothing about his reason or reasons why. That hasn’t stopped a number of posters claiming they know why.

It’s reasonable to assume that personal harassment has played a part in his decision but it may only have highlighted a situation within the BOD that was going to change in any case. As Chairman, Ross McArthur offered continuity when the club was taken over by new investors but at some point they were likely to appoint their own man to that position.

Given the flak he has had to take of late I can understand if Ross McArthur wished the investors to proceed with that process without undue delay.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:51

Quote:

Anyone with any decency. You aint looking too clever chump.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:54

Earlier you pretty much summed up his entire tenure in one decision he wasn`t solely responsible for even in his capacity as chairman. That`s why its frustrating reading posts like that.

Fair point, but that’s not what I’d solely base his tenure on, I’m a more balanced individual than that and I’m in a position at work too where the decisions I make won’t be popular with everyone. His tenure to me is a bit like the Arsene Wenger / Arsenal situation, plenty ups and downs then it gets to end and you’re left thinking to yourself ‘was that a success or not?’

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 17:57

In that case I apologise for calling you a rocket.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:00

londonparsfan wrote:

> In that case I apologise for calling you a rocket.

I apologise to yourself too 👍🏼.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  

Macarthur came on the board in 2014, according to bbc article on him leaving

Lets get round of applause going in that minute for him v Morton.

Having suggested that, that brings back memories of the time we did that in the 4th minute for Norrie once, and instantly the opponents scored as the appluaing began(Airdrie i think?)

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  

I can remember when Ross used to sit not far from us in the NW stand. One thing that can't be disputed, is that he's always been a diehard Pars supporter, something that doesn't always feel the case for some of the posters on this forum
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:03

Quote:

He was spat on and had his tyres slashed you utter cretin, to be clear are you condoning that or are you just trying to be smart?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:07

Quote:

sammer, Wed 3 Nov 17:49

I have read the official statement issued regarding Ross McArthur stepping down as Chairman but I read nothing about his reason or reasons why. That hasn’t stopped a number of posters claiming they know why.

It says in the statement "fully understands why he wishes to stand down following abhorrent personal abuse and attacks to which he was subjected".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:10

c Originator: Rastapari like | nolike
Date: Wed 3 Nov 18:03

Quote:

He was spat on and had his tyres slashed you utter cretin, to be clear are you condoning that or are you just trying to be smart?

Who the f**k are you calling a cretin? That’s well out of order!

Clearly based on my comment I have an issue with the way PG was appointed, that’s all. Spitting on the guy and vandalising his car is definitely out of order! I never passed any comment on that so I’ve no idea why you’re bringing that to my doorstep. Embarrassing stuff.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:11

Quote:

BA, Wed 3 Nov 18:00

londonparsfan wrote:

> In that case I apologise for calling you a rocket.

I apologise to yourself too 👍🏼.

Cheers mate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:23

Parrot. Cheers for calling me a chump That's way better than actually telling me why you disagree and engaging in a conversation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:39

Words have consequences, and we're losing a good man as Chairman because of intemperate language (and worse.)

So can we all just leave off the personal insults in this one thread, please?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:46

Quote:

Your correct. The behaviour is absolutely shocking but some people really are the scum of the earth so as you say sadly it's not that surprising.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 18:52

Quote:

BA, Wed 3 Nov 18:10

c Originator: Rastapari like | nolike
Date: Wed 3 Nov 18:03

Quote:

Who the f**k are you calling a cretin? That’s well out of order!

Clearly based on my comment I have an issue with the way PG was appointed, that’s all. Spitting on the guy and vandalising his car is definitely out of order! I never passed any comment on that so I’ve no idea why you’re bringing that to my doorstep. Embarrassing stuff.

Aye aye appearing out the blue..."new" poster, you're post reads like you think it's justified and now you're backtracking, embarrassing...yeah I agree, you're peak cringe.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:04

Aye aye appearing out the blue..."new" poster, you`re post reads like you think it`s justified and now you`re backtracking, embarrassing...yeah I agree, you`re peak cringe.

The post of someone who’s been proved wrong and just making personal insults now. Mega cringe!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:09

Quote:

BA, Wed 3 Nov 19:04

Aye aye appearing out the blue..."new" poster, you`re post reads like you think it`s justified and now you`re backtracking, embarrassing...yeah I agree, you`re peak cringe.

The post of someone who’s been proved wrong and just making personal insults now. Mega cringe!

Who chucked out "roaster" unwarranted?
Away to bed min or you'll be late for school tomorrow....and that's being kind, I'll leave you to whatever last word you can curl out that backside of yours.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:20

Away to bed min or you`ll be late for school tomorrow....and that`s being kind, I`ll leave you to whatever last word you can curl out that backside of yours.

I think you’ll find I was called a ‘rocket’ first and therefore responded with roaster (that’s another point to me 🙃).

School 😂. Sounds like you’ve had a few too many Bacardi breezers tonight after a bad day at work; either that or you’re jealous a ‘new’ poster is raining on your parade.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:26

Spot on statement on the dafc website
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:31

Quote:

BA, Wed 3 Nov 19:20

Away to bed min or you`ll be late for school tomorrow....and that`s being kind, I`ll leave you to whatever last word you can curl out that backside of yours.

I think you’ll find I was called a ‘rocket’ first and therefore responded with roaster (that’s another point to me 🙃).

School 😂. Sounds like you’ve had a few too many Bacardi breezers tonight after a bad day at work; either that or you’re jealous a ‘new’ poster is raining on your parade.

Now that is embarrassing, bless.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:31

It's threads like this, that make you realise why Ross McArthur has had enough.
I fully expected to read a lot of posts thanking him for providing the leadership, money and expertise to save the club. He has been a safe pair of hands, which is what we needed.
The people who have given him abuse and continue to give him a lack of respect on this thread, should perhaps ponder on the fact that if it wasn't for him we would have mostly likely been like another Third Lanark.
Get him in the next Hall of Fame.

And while we are at it, get the names and addresses of the folk that spat on him in Marks and Spencer, that shouted abuse in his face at Starks Park, and who vandalised his car. Someone must know who they are, and it's only right that we should know
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:42

BA having an absolute shocker here!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:48

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 3 Nov 19:42

Bless his wee cotton socks, desperate for attention, anyhoo, seeing a wee bit peace has broken out, how are you today?
Well I hope :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:49

I've been critical of Ross McArthur this season. Probably a lot of what I've said wasn't said in the most eloquent way. I didn't realise how much of his time that he put into the role until speaking to Bob Garmony fairly recently.

I'd like to put out there my thanks to Ross for his efforts and the role he had played in our football. I don't think we've made much progress in the last few seasons but we're certainly in a much better state than we were, and are run far better, than before he became involved.

The attacks in public towards Ross, and his family, and attacks towards his motor vehicle etc are nothing short of disgusting.

As big a blow as it is that Ross is leaving, it goes back to the old adage "No one man is bigger than the club". As much as Ross will be missed, and it maybe be a little rocky to begin with at boardroom level when he leaves, the Pars will continue on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:59

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 3 Nov 19:42

Bless his wee cotton socks, desperate for attention, anyhoo, seeing a wee bit peace has broken out, how are you today?
Well I hope :)

This forum is like an old boys club, all the usual big hitters now gangin’ up on a new poster who wants to get involved 🙄.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 19:59

When Ross steps down at the end of the season, who is likely to step up at the behest of our majority shareholder?

Just as important a decision as that of the new manager to help keep the fans onside

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 20:03

BA, Wed 3 Nov 19:20

Now that is embarrassing, bless.

I’m still waiting to hear/read how me disagreeing with RMc being put in the Hall of Fame and questioning his role in PG’s appointment has led to me falsely being accused of condoning the violence against him….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 20:12

Ross, if you are reading this, thank you for everything you have done for the club these past few years.

Many, many fans genuinely appreciate the role that you have played at DAFC since administration. We saw how you went well beyond the call of duty to ensure the club`s survival and always did so with tremendous grace.

Without question, there is a welcoming place in our Hall of Fame for Ross McArthur.

Warmest congratulations on a hell of a fine performance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 20:23

Ross would probably have stepped down at the end of last season. But with covid and new board members, decided to delay it. I reckon Bill Braisby will be the new chairman as he is vice chairman at present

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 20:56

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 3 Nov 20:12

Ross, if you are reading this, thank you for everything you have done for the club these past few years.

Many, many fans genuinely appreciate the role that you have played at DAFC since administration. We saw how you went well beyond the call of duty to ensure the club`s survival and always did so with tremendous grace.

Without question, there is a welcoming place in our Hall of Fame for Ross McArthur.

Warmest congratulations on a hell of a fine performance.

Good simple post Oz
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 21:07

My worry isn't that Ross doesn't get a nomination for the hall of fame, that should be a given.

My worry is that with the horrible actions against him Ross will feel Scunnered and not come back to his seat in the NW. If he feels so snapped that he's stepping down from the board completely that's a bad sign.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 21:19

I’m sure once the takeovers complete one of the majority owners will be chairman
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 21:42

He was always going to step down at some point, it's a shame it's against the current background and so many are so unappreciative of the role he played in saving the club. The right man at the right time and without him we'd have been liquidated.

I can't pretend I agreed with everything he did, or was done in his name, but I can say that about absolutely everyone and pales compared to the good he did and the legacy he leaves. Thanks Ross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 21:53

Has everybody calmed down yet ?

I`ve never seen BA been in this trouble since the lockdown

What does roaster mean ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 3 Nov 22:50

I think the end of the season is the right time. He hinted towards it in earlier interviews and I'm sure his wife will be pleased (or not if he ends up knocking about the house all day annoying her!).

I was disappointment about the appointment of PG and the perceived backing, but that wasn't solely his decision. I'll also admit to being quite angry at Ross after "that" statement. However, that was before the additional information was released about spitting, abuse and damage to his car, which then made the final paragraph make sense.

As others have said on here that behaviour is not on. What also isn't on is the impact on his family. I'm assuming they're probably Pars fans too and no doubt read this forum.

It'll be interesting to see who replaces him and also if there are plans for further shake-ups. I still think we need to do more to make Dunfermline a black and white town but I'm no marketing genius! It would be great to see more kids in Pars tops rather than Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Barca etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 06:16

I have to also disagree with the idea of Ross being hall of fame!

As a chairman he should be judged on his football decision, his appointments have been poor, from a football decision he hasn’t made any good decisions, to the point he should have accepted he isn’t football minded and let someone else make these decisions.
The idea that he wasn’t fundamental in Grants appointed is laughable, he clearly spent weeks visiting our training facility in Alloa and was taken in by Grant. The boast of the phone call etc.

I don’t think today’s announcement was anything but flack, he previously said he was only here to steady the ship for our new owners, so his stepping down was pretty much a given.

*note (I genuinely believe Ross did everything as a true fan and as far as his abusers go, I am sure Karma will sort it out]

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gregshawsgranny  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 07:43

Ross McArthur is absolutely Hall of Fame worthy. A man putting his own time and money into the club he loves, for no financial gain, making nothing but personal sacrifices along the way.

Dragging his and our beloved club back from the brink in 2013, moving it on to a sustainable footing and providing long term security with the new investment.

If it wasn’t for Ross (and others) we would not be here. We are all forever in his debt, and he has my everlasting respect and gratitude.

For these supporters that have driven the bile and abuse against him, they should be rooted out and banned from games - sickens me. What football chairman has called it right all the time? Yorkston? Masterton? Anyone…

Thank you Ross.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 07:56

"The idea that he wasn’t fundamental in Grants appointed is laughable, he clearly spent weeks visiting our training facility in Alloa and was taken in by Grant"

Where has anyone said he wasn't important in the decision making process?

Post Edited (Thu 04 Nov 07:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 08:08

I thank Ross for everything he has done and absolutely agree he should be included in the Hall of Fame - without him we may not have a club anymore.

The behaviour of a few supporters has been abhorrent and I hope they are caught and punished. Again though I think it is a poor statement - anyone outside of the club will read this and think his decision is entirely due to the behaviour of our supporters which paints the club in a bad light. If I’m wrong I apologise but I suspect he has been planning to step down ever since the involvement of our German friends, quite possibly at the end of the season.

I do hope though that he continues to have a strong involvement within the club.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 09:21

Click here

Lovely article. Wasn't aware that RM had commissioned the poster.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 09:29

That’s a good tribute

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 09:35

Agreed; a good piece of journalism which gives the man the credit he deserves without discounting the disappointments.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 09:56

Excellent article, thanks for highlighting it Grant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 10:33

Part of the problem is the assumption by some that the Pars are in some way entitled to be a big club and better than their current peer group - that notion fuelled by the achievements linked to over spending which led to administration. There is no guaranteed success and we can’t just go out and buy it again. Thus we have investors and plans but time and patience may be needed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LewisPaR  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 11:13

Quote:

Idiot

COYP!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 11:52

Lovely respectful article about oor Ross. 😊

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 12:21

LewisPar, not your day for the family brain cell I see.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 12:32

Was once given a very sage bit of advice which is if you haven’t got anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 12:33

Quote:

doctordandruff, Thu 4 Nov 12:21

LewisPar, not your day for the family brain cell I see.

Nah mate, your just a bit of a bawbag

COYP!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 13:11

What makes you say that?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 13:23

[Post Deleted] - Rude or abusive message
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 13:35

Why do you say that?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 13:36

[Post Deleted] - Rude or abusive message
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 13:56

Is their a hall of shame and if so who would be in it

Tin hat on ....

I`ll get my coat..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 14:13

Lol, so witty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 14:26

Quote:

doctordandruff, Thu 4 Nov 14:13

Lol, so witty.

cringe

COYP!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 19:38

Oooft looks like I’ve got some serious competition for the biggest roaster on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 20:17

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Thu 04 Nov 19:38

Oooft looks like I’ve got some serious competition for the biggest roaster on here.

Don’t think you do to be fair, think you’ve won that hands down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 20:22

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 04 Nov 20:17

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Thu 04 Nov 19:38

Don’t think you do to be fair, think you’ve won that hands down.

Thank you very much .
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net