DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Let`s have a bumper crowd
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 10:02

For the first time in a couple of months, I am looking forward to a Pars game with a real sense of excitement and anticipation.

As soon as I have posted this, I am going over to the Pars TV site to pay for my PPV pass for the Morton match.

I hope we can get a good crowd for the game to lift the team to a much-needed victory and the start of what we all hope is a significant recovery.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Let`s have a bumper crowd
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 10:32

I’m going with a couple of guys who haven’t been this season. I know others considering going who haven’t been.

Pretty convinced it will be busier than it would have been had Grant still been hanging around. I wouldnt have went if Grant was still here.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Nov 10:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 11:37

Grant is gone so lets see everyone who refused to go when he was in charge turn up, lets see us all get behind the team, we have shown in the last few home games we are their for the players.

Turn up the noise and make them aware that we are actually behind each and everyone of them.

I am really looking forward to the game too, I have been going along with a little hesitation, but Saturday, i have a different feeling, you could say a bit of a buzz back which has been missing of late.

#COYP lets get the fans back in full voice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 11:56

It’s an early birthday weekend for me, against my namesake no less.
Mon Paaaaars!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 12:21

Fill the place to the brim! Get behind the boys and give this lot a skelping

RM DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 13:46

I doubt much has changed with the same backroom staff there was before. Hopefully only one week they`re in charge for!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 14:06

Would love to but just been admitted to the Vic with covid, today was meant to be Day11. I finally escape the hell if sitting In the house, instead nurse wouldn't let me leave medical centre until Ambulance guys checked me over. Oxygen levels at 63%, Do not pass go do not £200 get your ar$e to the vic

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 14:54

Sorry to hear that hope you get better soon.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 17:15

MDC I hope you’re ok.
I’ll give ye a wee mention (again) on the updates. That’ll perk ye up. You take care darlin x

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 17:32

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Thu 04 Nov 14:06

Would love to but just been admitted to the Vic with covid, today was meant to be Day11. I finally escape the hell if sitting In the house, instead nurse wouldn't let me leave medical centre until Ambulance guys checked me over. Oxygen levels at 63%, Do not pass go do not £200 get your ar$e to the vic

Get better soon, lad

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 17:38

Get well soon 1885

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 17:56

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Thu 4 Nov 14:06

Sorry to hear that, mate. I hope you're back home soon. Good to see you've not lost your sense of humour. Is it indiscrete to ask if you've been jagged? ( Not looking for a stick to beat you with, btw.)

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 18:32

MDCCCLXXXV , if that’s your age you`d have qualified for your third jab???

Hope you are well soon mate, fingers crossed for you
Let’s hope for a Pars win to lift your spirits, there is some consolation that you can see the game on Pars TV this season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 18:55

hate looking forward to a game - Gods of football tend to give you a kicking.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 18:56

MDCCCLXXXV All the best, they'll take good care of you at the Vic., it's a frightening experience!❤

Post Edited (Thu 04 Nov 18:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 19:10

Thanks so much guys, you've made an auld man very happy,

Cheers 1970par , I was meant to get booster and flue jab on Sunday but had to cancel after getting posative result on Monday.

C⚽️Y🏁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 19:23

Quote:

That's horrendous, hope you get better soon!

This will be my last game for a couple of weeks due to work, I'd love to see us win a game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 20:09

MDC

Sorry to read of your health issue.

Take care.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 20:59

Looking forward to going this Saturday. Taking my son to his first ever match.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 21:01

Quote:

Get well soon mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 21:07

Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV
Date: Thu 4 Nov 14:06

Would love to but just been admitted to the Vic with covid, today was meant to be Day11. I finally escape the hell if sitting In the house, instead nurse wouldn`t let me leave medical centre until Ambulance guys checked me over. Oxygen levels at 63%, Do not pass go do not £200 get your ar$e to the vic

Hope things go ok - it`s not unusual for people with Covid to be feeling fine and unaware that their oxygen levels are dangerously low, so it`s good you were sent to hospital quickly - well done, that nurse.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 4 Nov 23:49

Just bought my youngest daughter a ticket, she hasn’t been since 18/19, I think her 15th game and never seen a pars victory! Always next weekend!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 05:40

Would love to but just been admitted to the Vic with covid, today was meant to be Day11. I finally escape the hell if sitting In the house, instead nurse wouldn`t let me leave medical centre until Ambulance guys checked me over. Oxygen levels at 63%, Do not pass go do not £200 get your ar$e to the vic

Hope that everything is okay. You will be in very good hands at the Vic. All the very best, mate.

I went to my local swimming pool on Monday and Tuesday and I am starting to feel a sore throat coming on. It would be ironic if, after 266 days in lockdown, I go and catch the virus the week after we reopen...

===

Topic Originator: DulochConvert
Date: Thu 4 Nov 23:49

Just bought my youngest daughter a ticket, she hasn’t been since 18/19, I think her 15th game and never seen a pars victory! Always next weekend!

Good Lord! 15 games without a victory. She has certainly completed a tough apprenticeship as a Pars supporter...

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 06:35

Get well soon MDC.

Since the rovers game at home I've marked this game as our first win. I had zero faith heading in to be Arbroath game. I am confident we will win tomorrow. Although I've said that fairly often this season. Nothing other than a win tomorrow will do though. Hopefully the crowd is larger as stated and I'm sure if will be with PG Tips gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 07:11

I'm bringing my oldest...

Although he is an ex season ticket holder who moved abroad last 3 years and is visiting this week - so would have come along anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 07:47

Sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather MDCCCLXXXV. Let’s hope a win tomorrow can lift everyone’s spirits - yours in particular. All the best!

Post Edited (Fri 05 Nov 16:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 10:38

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Thu 04 Nov 14:06

That’s a real shame, I’m sorry to hear that. All the best. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 10:49

Only just saw this - get well soon mate and look after yourself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 15:19

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 5 Nov 05:40

Hope that everything is okay. You will be in very good hands at the Vic. All the very best, mate.

I went to my local swimming pool on Monday and Tuesday and I am starting to feel a sore throat coming on. It would be ironic if, after 266 days in lockdown, I go and catch the virus the week after we reopen...

===

Topic Originator: DulochConvert
Date: Thu 4 Nov 23:49

Good Lord! 15 games without a victory. She has certainly completed a tough apprenticeship as a Pars supporter...

Be safe mate ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jdafc  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 07:57

Heading down the road from the `Broch for today`s game.
Absolutely nothing to do with the demise of our manager, this trip has been on the cards for a while.
However, I will be travelling with a little more optimism than if Mr. Grant had still been in charge.

Quietly confident of the first win today.

Always a Par

JD

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 08:10

Hopefully we ll manage to see out a result rather than collapse from a strong position.That would be a real indication that PG was holding us back and we might actually climb the league with him out the way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 08:41

I hope you have a successful day jdafc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 09:35

The weather forecast`s not brilliant - showers and 40 mph gusty winds.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 10:12

For the first time in weeks and weeks, I actually expect us to win today. I don’t think we are quite as bad as we have been playing although we do need a few players. Some positive reaction to Grants sacking should perhaps have us playing up a bit.

Morton are brutal. If we can beat anyone in this league, it’s Morton at home. Ayr at home in a fortnight is another game we really should be taking 3 points from.

COYP

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 10:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 12:32

Nice weather for 🦆 🦆
I’ll look like a demented poodle by the time I reach Legends!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 23:15

Topic Originator: OzPar
Date: Thu 4 Nov 10:02

For the first time in a couple of months, I am looking forward to a Pars game with a real sense of excitement and anticipation.

As soon as I have posted this, I am going over to the Pars TV site to pay for my PPV pass for the Morton match.

I hope we can get a good crowd for the game to lift the team to a much-needed victory and the start of what we all hope is a significant recovery.

I hope you remained upbeat for the rest of your day Oz, at least until the roof caved in again

The crowd looked a bit better than last 2 games @ EEP but still not good & probably hampered by the weather…….. I guess the next home game will hit the current lows given that the second half the team churned out was what we have come to expect from the Pars this season :(

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 20:38

Hey guys Just to say thanks for your messages of support. I got sent from hospital around an hour ago

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 20:47

Brilliant news. Wishing you continued recovery, which would surely be guaranteed if the Pars were to win a game sometime!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 20:49

Cheers oz

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 20:58

Some good news, take care.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 21:46

Some things are more important than the fitba & yourself being in good nick is one of them……..

Look after yourself 👍

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 21:48

Fantastic news, 1885.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 10:38

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Tue 9 Nov 20:38

Hey guys Just to say thanks for your messages of support. I got sent from hospital around an hour ago

Good to hear, get the vitamin tablets down your throat, my wife and I were admitted in January, I feel that I'm just getting back to normal, my wife not so much.

Onwards and upwards!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 10:41

Great news buddy and let’s hope to see you at the next game

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net