DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tom Lang
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 12:42

Seems to be coming on to a game recently for the rovers, maybe with the uproar of us losing a late equaliser against them it went unnoticed but I thought he absolutely strolled it against us, distribution was good and beat our press on many occasions by being calm on the ball. Was also in the TOTW the week after we played them, maybe an option in January for the new manager? Defensively I still think we’ll need a ball playing centre half, especially with Gaspuitis two left feet
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tom Lang
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 12:50

We had him, seen him play in Fife cup didn`t figure in any league games that I can recall,then he went back to Clyde from hence he came.Don`t think he got a proper chance maybe due to injuries.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 12:52

"Defensively I still think we’ll need a ball playing centre half, especially with Gaspuitis two left feet"

can you not just assess another player without a jibe about someone else?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 13:05

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Fri 5 Nov 12:52

"Defensively I still think we’ll need a ball playing centre half, especially with Gaspuitis two left feet"

This.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 14:17

I think vitas and Connolly are alright together at centre back. Another to upgrade one of them them or provide cover would be nice. I’d prioritise two central midfielders above that tho.

I doubt Lang would be keen to leave promotion chasing rovers to join a relegation dogfight with us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 14:26

Quote:

PARadise, Fri 5 Nov 12:42

Seems to be coming on to a game recently for the rovers, maybe with the uproar of us losing a late equaliser against them it went unnoticed but I thought he absolutely strolled it against us, distribution was good and beat our press on many occasions by being calm on the ball. Was also in the TOTW the week after we played them, maybe an option in January for the new manager? Defensively I still think we’ll need a ball playing centre half, especially with Gaspuitis two left feet

I was impressed with his game, too. There may be other reasons he was allowed to leave, as I'm fairly certain it wasn't down to a lack of ability.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 14:27

The LAST thing this team needs is to add even more centre backs ffs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 14:53

Quote:

Andrew283, Fri 5 Nov 14:27

The LAST thing this team needs is to add even more centre backs ffs

I'd welcome any player in any position, if he's better than what we have and we can afford him.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 14:59

Surely we will lose a few in Jan anyway? Would expect Ross Graham to go back and isn't Connolly a short term loan?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 15:12

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Fri 5 Nov 14:59

Surely we will lose a few in Jan anyway? Would expect Ross Graham to go back and isn't Connolly a short term loan?

You'd hope the new manager will quickly suss that Connolly is one of our better players and do everything in his power to extend the loan until the end of the season. Connolly himself will probably prefer being an automatic first pick with the Pars than being a squad player at United.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 15:13

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Fri 5 Nov 14:59

I'm sure Kai Kennedy is only on loan until January too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 15:23

I’ll hae a word 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 15:25

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Fri 05 Nov 12:52

Fair enough, just making the point he has a real lack in quality with his distribution and adding a centre half better on the ball would help us massively in an attacking sense imo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 5 Nov 17:39

I can't believe anyone thinks we need another centre half. Far bigger priorities to fix this squad.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net