DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kelty Hearts……
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 17:26

Here we come. Imagine Cardle and Higgy running riot around our lot.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kelty Hearts……
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 17:35

I’ve been saying since 3rd game of the season kelty here we come. You could see it early on. Instead of that board statement during 2 week international break board should have sacked Grant. We wont even be best team in west fife next season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 18:20

We are not the best team in Fife as it is.

I go to Kelty games when we play away, trust me they are a good side.

They will be in league 1 next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 18:26

Kelty have players like tidser in the middle of the park, he’s better than what we put out today by a country mile.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 18:34

Tidser is better in central midfield than anyone we have tried there all season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 18:41

Agree about Tidser, Foster at CB is good and Cardle plus Higgy are better than what we have.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 18:59

Quote:

k76, Sat 6 Nov 18:41

Agree about Tidser, Foster at CB is good and Cardle plus Higgy are better than what we have.

Cardle and Higgy aren't better than what we have

The standard at the bottom of league 1, and league 2 is poor. Even PG got victories against that level of opposition.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:02

Grant, have you watched Kelty?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:03

We are absolutely dreadful but to suggest that Cardle & Higgy are better than the garbage we have is mental.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:12

I go to quite a few Kelty games. They play very good football. Ball on the ground, nice passing and everyone committed.

Cardle and Higgy are instrumental in the team and although they would probably beat the Pars, I do not think they would or should be considered to be taken back as Pars players.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:13

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 06 Nov 19:03

We are absolutely dreadful but to suggest that Cardle & Higgy are better than the garbage we have is mental.

At this rate we will find out next season

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:13

We will know how they compare to us next year.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:17

Oh aye forgot this is the chug along to kelty forum . Financially doped ratbags.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:21

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 06 Nov 19:17

Oh aye forgot this is the chug along to kelty forum . Financially doped ratbags.

Kelty are miles away from our level. Don’t get the fascination with them, why not with Cowdenbeath??

Even when poor we’ve never had issues beating league 1 and 2 clubs in competitive games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:29

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 6 Nov 19:17

We're where we are for the same reason.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:31

Quote:

k76, Sat 6 Nov 19:02

Grant, have you watched Kelty?

I've watched Stenhuismuir and Dumbarton. The quality isn't great.

Peter Grant would have is top of league 2 if we were to parachute this squad down there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:35

I’d have took cardle and higgy starting for us today if you’d offered me them at 2pm. I’d take them starting next week after watching that today.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 19:44

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 6 Nov 19:21

Quote:

Kelty are miles away from our level. Don’t get the fascination with them, why not with Cowdenbeath??

Even when poor we’ve never had issues beating league 1 and 2 clubs in competitive games.

^^^ I disagree JA74
I have watched both teams (Pars and Kelty) this season and Kelty would beat the Pars.

Opening match for Kelty was Dundee Utd and they were unlucky not to win. It was a wonderful match to watch with both teams playing great football and only a solitary goal separated them.

Kelty were applauded of the pitch by both sets of fans.

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 19:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:00

Quote:

My thoughts exactly 👏

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:02

Quote:

DunfyDave, Sat 06 Nov 19:44

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 6 Nov 19:21

Quote:

^^^ I disagree JA74
I have watched both teams (Pars and Kelty) this season and Kelty would beat the Pars.

Opening match for Kelty was Dundee Utd and they were unlucky not to win. It was a wonderful match to watch with both teams playing great football and only a solitary goal separated them.

Kelty were applauded of the pitch by both sets of fans.

As much as your blinkered Cardle and Higgy eyes tell you I’d suggest at least the following would start in a Kelty side. Considering they were trying to get Miller Fenton as a first team player on loan to start that kind of proves my point….

OFW
Comrie
Edwards
McDonald
Connelly
Breen
Vytas
Dorrans
R Cole
I Wilson
K Kennedy
D Thomas
R Dow
C Wighton
N Todorov
K O Hara

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 20:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:14

One thing that's for sure is our squad every single one is miles off being a championship team ,felt sorry for Connolly today ,trying his best with a total lack of effort and quality round about him .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 09:55

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 06 Nov 20:00

Quote:

My thoughts exactly 👏

And mine. The half and half scarfers on here are an embarrassment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:00

Please don't forget that many Pars fans grew up and/or live in Kelty. There is nothing wrong with enjoying your local team doing well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:06

I don't know what it is and I don't usually feel like this but I absolutely can't stand all this chat about Kelty. Probably different if you grew up near there right enough or have some connections.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:19

Quote:

neilholland999, Sun 7 Nov 10:00

Please don't forget that many Pars fans grew up and/or live in Kelty. There is nothing wrong with enjoying your local team doing well.

^^^ This 👍

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:55

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 6 Nov 20:14

One thing that's for sure is our squad every single one is miles off being a championship team ,felt sorry for Connolly today ,trying his best with a total lack of effort and quality round about him .

Connolly was one of our worst players. If not the worst.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 11:18

Quote:

Aye but most of you are drooling at the prospect of them potentially beating your own team. Weird behaviour

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 12:01

salt in the wounds that they have cardle and higgy starring at this level each week and a sense of nostalgia , part of me is envious to watch some neat football whilst being starved at EEP of entertainment

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 13:52

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 7 Nov 11:18

Quote:

Aye but most of you are drooling at the prospect of them potentially beating your own team. Weird behaviour

I've never said anything about wanting them to beat the Pars. I'm still hoping we will be in the Championship next year for a start!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 14:06

Football wise they aren’t at this level anymore. But if our squad of “superior” players had half the heart and fight that cardle and higgy showed & continue to show.. we wouldn’t be bottom of the league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 14:06

Pleased to see Kelty doing well but it does feel a bit Gretna Mk2.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 14:11

Ive seen them once. Joe Cardle is about two leagues below where he should be playing if he was full time and match fit. He did well in a title winning partick side last year. He is worth an extra man at that level and could easily have been a cheap pick up for us on a one year deal.

Higgy played centrally, was neat and tidy and had them ticking over in the middle of the park but wasn`t as influential as I had expected. They are a far more balanced side than us and given recent form, Id expect a 50/50 game.

The club house in the ground is decent as well and has big screens for watching sky/bt with a pint at £3.30.However the ground is open to the elements far more than east end and would be a bit grim on a windy cold day.

Overall the experience would score about the same as east end this season. However if pars were even decent then East End is far better value.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:52

Lol at some of the roasters on this thread. Higgy was murder for us for his least few seasons and is playing at his level in a team with a big budget in that league and dominating their games. It’s the same as us carrying williamson etc in league one, you can get away with it if you have quality elsewhere on the park.

Cardle would be a massive upgrade on Dow, a traffic cone would be an upgrade on dow so far this season.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 23:28

Williamson and higgy combo were far better than anything we have today, Williamson Scotland u21 call up confirms that, you really think that pairing then wouldn’t add to our current team?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 23:33

Berkey would winge if we had Xavi and Iniesta cutting about in midfield. In all my years on .net I've never seen a single positive post from him about the Pars. Absolute misery

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 23:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 7 Nov 23:33

Berkey would winge if we had Xavi and Iniesta cutting about in midfield. In all my years on .net I've never seen a single positive post from him about the Pars. Absolute misery

I actually worry about him. Someone that has that amount of negativity floating about in their mind. Hope he is ok
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 23:46

Williamson was a decent prospect before those terrible injuries. A bizarre take on things even by your standard Berkey.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 08:24

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 7 Nov 23:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 7 Nov 23:33

I actually worry about him. Someone that has that amount of negativity floating about in their mind. Hope he is ok

Don't worry him. He'll be along shortly with his terrible "dunce_no_1" patter

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 09:32

Williamson can’t get a game at Falkirk - it certainly wouldn’t get in ahead of Comrie.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 11:33

He`s been injured, Falkirk fans were happy with him when he played.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 12:05

similar to guys like Ross forbes, a great player in a team thriving and going forwards but zero interest if its back to the wall/defensive set up or needing to track runners etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 13:33

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sun 7 Nov 23:46

Williamson was a decent prospect before those terrible injuries. A bizarre take on things even by your standard Berkey.

Agreed. Considering how young he was to come back from not one, but two, career threatening injuries, shows incredible fortitude and determination, to say nothing of his supremely positive mindset.

He frequently volunteered/was volunteered for the primary school visits when he was out injured, which was great because we could use his experience to illustrate how important a positive mindset is in every walk of life.

Williamson told me that although he had plenty of dark days on his journies back to fitness, it never occurred to him to throw in the towel.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net