DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 I seriously am worried about these German investors
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:35

Let`s face it they take grant on who was already a failure with Alloa.

The statements that come out from the official site are just a ful.

Have they got any money and why don`t we hear more from them even it has to be through an interpreter.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: I seriously am worried about these German investors
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:38

It is time for them to step up. I know a lot of fans are questioning their motives.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:41

Didn,t really understand why they chose us in the first place and havn,t seen any evidence that they are beneficial to the club , in fact with Grants appointment they have done more harm than good

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:43

Fans behaviour will be making them think twice

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:47

[Post Deleted] - Rude or abusive message
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:52

They have said from the outset that they want to get the infrastructure in place.

End of the year we will have Fife elite stopping and transferring over to DAFC youth academy, also looking at new training base for the team and this takes times as it hit just a case of buying a house.

I don’t think they ever imagined the team would be where they are in the league just now and they are probably guilty in giving Grant a few games too many.

They are taking there time employing the next manager and I’m sure we are all hoping they get it right this time and regardless of who they pick (I’m sure some won’t be happy with who it is) they will need to hit the ground running and lift is ASAP.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:54

I fail to see what they expect to get out of their investment. It’s hard enough to make money out of a football club as it is, never mind a Championship club. We all seen what happened to Hearts when investors tried to make money from a Scottish club. Are any of these guys actually Pars fans? Or have they just looked at stats & spread sheets & thought let’s try to make a buck out of these guys. Since we hear next to little from them & their first involvement with the club has gone so bad. Questions will be asked rightly or wrongly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 20:58

I asked questions last week and I got pelters,what a difference a week makes! The sheep on here no doubt will have none of it though.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 20:58)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:03

I think they will appoint someone unexpected. Not one of the usual suspects
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:07

They aren’t investors they are majority owners, who see to be reluctant in producing information about there exact investment, especially the training facilities. The silence is deafening.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:08

Why be worried? They can't simply pull out. They'd need to sell their share.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:13

Investment in training grounds and youth players is all well and good but I’d much rather they had invested in a manager or a couple of players to try and get us out the Championship first.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:18

opic Originator: KirklistonPar like | nolike
Date: Sat 6 Nov 21:13

Investment in training grounds and youth players is all well and good but I’d much rather they had invested in a manager or a couple of players to try and get us out the Championship first.

They have already done that, unfortunately it`s out the Championship to League 1

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:30

Quote:

Indiapar, Sat 6 Nov 21:03

I think they will appoint someone unexpected. Not one of the usual suspects

That would at least bring about a bit of excitement of the unknown....buy then again the league and what is needed to survive in it might be unknown to the new manager..
It's like one hand gives...the other takes away at the moment sadly.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:31

I think we all have some level of concerning the clubs ownership is no longer in the hands of people who love the club. We will see in January transfer window whether they have the clubs best interest at heart.

Get the euros oot Tam Meggle!

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 21:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:44

Quote:

DulochConvert, Sat 06 Nov 21:07

They aren’t investors they are majority owners, who see to be reluctant in producing information about there exact investment, especially the training facilities. The silence is deafening.

Where’s the proof they actually have a majority shareholding?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:45

No they brought in a manager who had done worse than the manager they fired. It’s was crazy then and still to this day it doesn’t make any sense. We’ve shot ourself in the foot and we’ve still to see the full ramifications.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: InschPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:50

KirklistonPar

Stevie Crawford was not sacked he resigned !!

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 21:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 21:54

Quote:

dover par, Sat 6 Nov 21:44

Quote:

DulochConvert, Sat 06 Nov 21:07

Where’s the proof they actually have a majority shareholding?

The latest filing on CH shows that DAFC Fussball GMBC have less than half the amount of shares that Pars United have. Since that was filed it was announced that Fussball would acquire more shares to take them to a majority shareholding. Don't know if that has happened yet though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:01

Thing is l still can`t get my head around why they appointed Grant. Everybody knew he was. a failure. It was like the Flintstones movie when they hired Fred to run the company so they could run it down Has any other club that have new investors ever appointed an absolute certain failure. It just doesn`t make sense was the chairman that gullible

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:01

Stevie probably felt he had to leave after the abuse & crap that was posted on this site.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:08

If any manager of the Pars was to actually come onto this site regularly to see what was being said, shouldn't be in the job. They wouldn't be fit for the job if they're taking the drivel on here, from fuds like me, seriously.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:11

The Grant appointment was astoundingly bad and most of us thought so at the time. I don’t know how much input the Germans had into that though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:15

Said it a few weeks ago, I was in the club the week of the 3-0 Arbroath game and the chat was that the Alloa chairman convinced McArthur & Braisby that PG was the best manager he’d had. Better than Jim Goodwin or Jack Ross.

Is it really hard to believe the Germans backed the recommendation of those already running the club? Think their pick of the next manager will be far more telling of their intentions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:33

We`ve got an ALDI on Halbeath Road, why not a LIDL....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:33

I would find it a bit strange , that a chairman would praise a manager that only won 5 games and relegated his club

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:39

We keep hearing about what the money they are putting in, but what about the money they are losing from the club?

Are they going to cover the £1million + their mismanagement is likely to cost us?

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 22:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:45

Gotta laugh at some of these posts. Clubs all over the country are crying out for some investment post COVID and all we can do is complain about the investment we have got/will get. S'pose some posters need their next target though, Grant is away, McArthur is going, who's next to slate...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:49

The only thing I'm worried about, is our fans. Really, they are numpies. They are going to end up getting the club some of them deserve. They hounded Johnston, Crawford and now Grant out of the job. They have harassed and abused the current chairman so much he is going to pack it in.
Now it looks like they are turning their attention on to the German owners, who have barely been in the door 5 minutes. They might just decide its not worth the bother, and wind down the further investment they were intending to make. You have to ask, do we deserve it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:52

How could you say we hounded out Grant he was terrible.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:52

I’m not targeting anyone. Just stating how I feel currently. What investment has there been so far?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:53

Post Edited (Sat 06 Nov 22:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 22:55

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 06 Nov 22:49

The only thing I'm worried about, is our fans. Really, they are numpies. They are going to end up getting the club some of them deserve. They hounded Johnston, Crawford and now Grant out of the job. They have harassed and abused the current chairman so much he is going to pack it in.
Now it looks like they are turning their attention on to the German owners, who have barely been in the door 5 minutes. They might just decide its not worth the bother, and wind down the further investment they were intending to make. You have to ask, do we deserve it

I would honestly not call some of the numpties on here 'fans'
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 23:21

`Didn`t really understand why they chose us in the first place.`

Dover Pars asks the question to which I have never received an answer on this site. and I have asked that question off and on for over a year.

What was so special about DAFC to a group of Hamburg businessmen? Answers only in the present tense please. And avoid the word `values` in the answer.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 23:28

Quote:

sammer, Sat 6 Nov 23:21

Dover Pars asks the question to which I have never received an answer on this site. and I have asked that question off and on for over a year.

What was so special about DAFC to a group of Hamburg businessmen? Answers only in the present tense please. And avoid the word `values` in the answer.

They have the funds to invest in the club and own.
A group of friends who allhave business expertise. They want to run a football club.
They aren't here to make money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 23:31

Go back and watch the interviews with them, and the one with Ross when he originally announced it, then make up your mind as to their motivations
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 6 Nov 23:46

I`m still waiting for an answer. Why us?

`Business experience` means nothing: it`s just a set of words. A phrase to impress people without capital.

I have watched all the interviews and there has been no clear answer as to why a group of Hamburg businessmen alighted on DAFC as a vehicle for their ambitions. Given the vibrancy of German football I am entitled to my reservations.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 00:18

I think they have been very clear about their ambitions and intentions for running the club and their future plans. It’s all out there in their interviews and writing. What’s really not helped has been the shockingly poor performances on the park which is making it really difficult not to catastrophise all elements of the club and their intentions.

Can we all maybe give it a bit of a break for a wee while, manager in and out, chairman intending to leave at end of season lots of changes have happened with more to come, let’s see what the plans are. I know there’s a forum being planned in, maybe an update about this and progress on their future plans would be worthwhile listening to before judging? Maybe Drew could update us?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 00:24

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 6 Nov 22:49

Spot on but numpties is nowhere near strong enough. Safe from a red card though 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 00:25

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 6 Nov 23:28

Quote:

sammer, Sat 6 Nov 23:21

They have the funds to invest in the club and own.
A group of friends who allhave business expertise. They want to run a football club.
They aren't here to make money.

They answered that question long ago.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 00:43

Honestly. The state of this thread is beyond ridiculous.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 00:55

Quote:

Athletico, Sun 7 Nov 00:43

It's nuts eh?
Seriously asking myself if I still want to be part of it. Absolute nuts!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 01:13

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 07 Nov 00:55

Quote:

It's nuts eh?

You’ll be no great loss,you ridicule anybody who asks questions you don’t like.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 01:28

Mental how folk will happily just sleepwalk in to situations especially after admin and the Masterton era. We have handed the club over to some foreign investors with absolutely no understanding of Scottish football. If they don’t invest in a proper manager and playing staff in January we’ll be playing part time football in the next few years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 02:36

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sun 7 Nov 01:28

Mental how folk will happily just sleepwalk in to situations especially after admin and the Masterton era. We have handed the club over to some foreign investors with absolutely no understanding of Scottish football. If they don’t invest in a proper manager and playing staff in January we’ll be playing part time football in the next few years.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that in the absence of their investment we would have been playing part time football soon anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see DAFC continue as a supporter-owned community club. It's why I got involved back in the day and I am really disappointed that ownership is passing to people with no previous affinity to DAFC, no matter how good their intentions (and I do believe their intentions are good.)

But the harsh reality is that there were simply not enough supporters prepared to put in the time and investment year after year that's needed to run the club and match the aspirations of Pars fans. That's NOT "blaming the fans", who have been magnificent in supporting the club and all the different fundraising ventures since 2013, or the Board members and others who have invested 5-figure and 6-figure sums with no realistic hope of getting it back. Collectively I think we've done well, and as much as we could.

But as a club we're in that awkward size where our facilities and ambitions are Premiership status, so as long as we're not there it will be a struggle to balance the books, and any unexpected major expense has to be met by spending cuts elsewhere - there's no fat in the system. The new investment should give a bit of breathing space on that front.

Mike Tyson used to say of his opponents "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" so the on-field results this season may be forcing the new owners to amend their short-term planning. Once a new manager is appointed I anticipate they will make it clear to the fanbase very quickly whether their longer-term vision is still the same, and how they see it being achieved.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Sun 07 Nov 02:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 03:44

The board have shown themselves to world class at bad decision making. Then the Germans turn up and have seemingly just been given the keys to EEP. I will never get my head around why anyone in their right mind would invest in not only DAFC but any Scottish club, even an OF one. There is no money to be made in our game. They said they looked at numerous European clubs and decided ours was the best one? It honestly blows my mind. The majority of European clubs wouldn’t let a bunch of strangers have the majority of control. They can have that in Scotland though. I can’t help but be suspicious about their intentions. I hope they are the real deal but why on earth would you invest in Dunfermline Athletic? Just why???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 05:10

Thank you, Stanza.

I 100% agree with you that we would be looking at part-time football without the German takeover. We are in that group of clubs whose facilities and infrastructure demand a presence in Scotland`s top ten.

Unfortunately, our performance over the past 50 years puts us around 13th or 14th in Scotland. We are too big for our boots. Without a radical change of fortune, we would be destined to operate on the margins.

A sudden bill running into the hundreds of thousands of pounds, such as the recent one for the floodlights, could potentially spell disaster to clubs like ours.

We were incredibly fortunate in the timing of the initial investment, coming as it did just before COVID really kicked in.

In truth, our board of directors had no option other than to find an outside partner. I saw some of the critical operating figures during the early days of COVID, and they were shocking.

Like quite a few Pars fans, I now have my reservations about Thomas Meggle due to his public statements and handling of the manager issue. I hope that he pulls a rabbit out of the hat with the selection of the new manager. He, more than the others, has lost a chunk of the initial goodwill. But it is repairable.

I don`t hold the same concern for the other three directors.

Shipping people are traditionally cautious investors, but it is in their DNA to not panic when the going gets tough. My shipping contacts in Germany were complimentary about Nick Teller and Dr Gundermann.

The fourth director, Damir Keretic, fascinates me because of his high profile sports marketing background. That could be gold to us. It would be most helpful to hear from him directly about where he hopes to take Dunfermline Athletic.

Keretic was head of the European division of IMG, the sports marketing empire created by Mark McCormack. Most of you who were in corporate life in the 1980s would have read his fabulous book, `What they don`t teach you at Harvard Business School`. It was the bible for the ambitious.

As for General Zod`s questions and concerns, I think it was BOA Par who not so long ago drew an excellent picture of the direction he thought the Germans might take with player selection and recruitment and training through the academy. I liked that vision, and I believe it does offer economic potential.

In a similar vein, I suspect that down the line, there may be an FC Red Bull Dunfermline logo or such like sitting on a designer`s template in Hamburg waiting for the appropriate moment to be revealed to the world.

It is not the vision many of us would have had for the Pars a few years ago, but I wonder if it would meet much opposition in today`s environment?

Whatever is in store, I think we have come to a point now where the fans are looking to our German friends to demonstrate control of the boardroom and begin to outline their vision for our club much more clearly.

We don`t want a fight. On the contrary, we want to help them achieve their goals. We just want them to talk to us more often.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Nov 05:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 05:36

Could be another Romanov situation.

I remember we were one of the clubs turning him down back in the day, the board smelling a rat.

Have the board been naive this time ?
Let`s hope there are no rats scuttling about.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 07:49

Two excellent posts from Stanza and Oz above have helped to lift the gloom I felt on leaving EEP yesterday.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 08:07

Ye fair made me giggle yesterday GG. So lovely to see ye x

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 08:16

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sun 7 Nov 05:36

I remember we were one of the clubs turning him down back in the day, the board smelling a rat.

Have you seen any sign of unsustainable spending yet?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 08:31

excellent posts Stanza and Oz

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 08:31

Quote:

dover par, Sun 7 Nov 01:13

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 07 Nov 00:55

Quote:

It's nuts eh?

You’ll be no great loss,you ridicule anybody who asks questions you don’t like.

No, I only ridicule people who abuse others and can't take it back, or if they quote facts that are not facts. Take a bow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 09:25

Well said oz.Totally agree.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 09:35

Quote:

Nope which is great.
You just never know what might happen when people get involved in your club from a foreign country neebs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 09:43

I don`t think the comparison with Romanov is valid. He was a narcissistic, publicity-seeking control freak. The German investors have been accused of having too low a profile and delegating too much to others.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 09:49

The question over why the new investors choose Dunfermline has been answered many times.

You may choose not to believe the answer, but that's a different argument.

You can flip it round and ask why you disbelieve them - without using the word housing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 09:56

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sun 7 Nov 09:35

Quote:

Nope which is great.
You just never know what might happen when people get involved in your club from a foreign country neebs.

Why is that limited to foreign owners? Masterton and Yorkston were die hard Pars fans and we nearly went under during their tenure. Nationality of the owners doesn't matter mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:02

Quote:

KirklistonPar, Sat 6 Nov 21:13

If I remember right they were looking at youth to sell on and make their money that way, investing in a manager won't make them money
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:05

No they said they were looking at building infrastructure and investing in youth to make the club money.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:08

OzPar 👏👏👏👏👏
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:11

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 7 Nov 10:05

No they said they were looking at building infrastructure and investing in youth to make the club money.

Lol that's what I was meaning, sorry just woke up🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:18

I think we need to allow our new owners a period of reflection, this has been a baptism of fire. They will be reeling at the current plight of the club and I genuinely believe they have the best intentions for the club. Let's give them space to appoint a new manager and start the rebuilding process, we need to get behind them and the new manager. There won't be a quick or immediate fix, patience is now key. The squad is completely unbalanced and will take time to address. There maybe more heart ache before we turn the corner. If we wanted immediate results we would all be watching the old firm. So I will be getting right behind the new owners and the manager, we will turn this around. COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:44

When news came of the German investment I received it with mixed emotion. It was a pity that after all the hard work the fans and board members had done to keep us afloat that we were giving the ownership of the club away. Even as others have suggested we would have to have gone part time to survive covid would that have been so bad. At the time my choice would have been to keep the club in fans ownership even if we never achieved the seemingly holy grail? Of the Premier league. But that is just a personal view and certainly not a dig at the German investors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:47

Quote:

kba, Sun 7 Nov 10:11

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 7 Nov 10:05

Lol that's what I was meaning, sorry just woke up🤣

Ah cool mate!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 10:49

Quote:

JimDAFC, Sun 7 Nov 10:44

When news came of the German investment I received it with mixed emotion. It was a pity that after all the hard work the fans and board members had done to keep us afloat that we were giving the ownership of the club away. Even as others have suggested we would have to have gone part time to survive covid would that have been so bad. At the time my choice would have been to keep the club in fans ownership even if we never achieved the seemingly holy grail? Of the Premier league. But that is just a personal view and certainly not a dig at the German investors.

That's fair enough and certainly an understandable point of view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 11:25

Thanks OzPar and Stanza for bringing some sense to the thread. Having researched the backgrounds of the investors, I don't have any concerns at all.
I think we will looking at a long term plan, so people need to show patience, it could be 5 to 10 years before we start to see the fruits of what gets put in place now.
I was imagining that they would be thinking about how we market ourselves, what's in our club DNA, how do we want others to see us. I could see a club ethos being developed much like St Pauli or, a team I have followed closely for the last 20 odd years, Red Star. I actually spotted a good article on them on the BBC this week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59053439
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 11:30

The problems of this season have been festering away well before the German investments. Pre covid there were a number of underperformance issues and our board pretty much upped and said so.

Gotta give these guys a proper full chance. It’s been a nightmare time for them to come in charge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KeithFE  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 13:04

They did make that investment. Without Grant and these players we wouldn`t be heading for Division 1!

Keith fae Aberdeen
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 14:41

Ok so McArthur saves the club and after Crawford appoints Grant when he believes a glowing report from the Alloa chairman. Alloa of course who were relegated under Grant.
McArthur says that he is delighted that the club will be in safe hands with the German investors

If McArthur didn`t do his homework right with Grant why do we believe that he has got it right with the German investors.

Tin hat on.
Spell checker on
Ready for the sarcasm parrot (love it btw)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:17

OK so Pars fans are so loyal and keyed up on the appointment of Grant that they're stupid enough to believe that he was appointed on the back of a glowing report from the Alloa chairman.

They're also stupid enough to believe that one man single handedly appointed PG and the new investors weren't involved.

If the supporters haven't done their homework on how these decisions are made, what chance have the BoD got?

Tin hat on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:48

Get yer own tin hat London par.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 21:02

I think that most of us did not want Grant, however the crap that came out of his mouth fooled almost all of us including the directors. What happened was that he brought in players who did not meet the quality required for the championship. He then played the team in a formation that did not work and now we will probably be relegated. Did our German owners not do their homework on him or his playing staff. I'm surprised about this.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 21:54

DTA Don’t trust anyone!! Just look what happened at Tynecastle and Lithuanian business man / investor/ owner. Only time will tell and hopefully the long term outlook is good

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 10:50

I'd agree you shouldn't automatically trust anyone but we don't need to look at Tynecastle we have our own perfectly good example as to people running a football club into the ground. They were Scottish and bumped HMRC and local businesses to the tune of about £10m large.

Why are folk obsessed with nationalities of owners?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 10:55

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 8 Nov 10:50

I'd agree you shouldn't automatically trust anyone but we don't need to look at Tynecastle we have our own perfectly good example as to people running a football club into the ground. They were Scottish and bumped HMRC and local businesses to the tune of about £10m large.

Why are folk obsessed with nationalities of owners?

👏👏👏👏👏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 11:08

They have appointed a manager and signed players to get us out of the Championship, we`re heading to Division One.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 11:20

Quote:

Stfu with your constant nonsense man
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 11:20

Yeah they've made a very bad appointment in Peter Grant but that's not because they're German. They've signed the players the manager has asked for and he's paid the price with his job.

We don't need to look outside our own club for examples of problems, we've got plenty of our own and it's the capability of the folk involved not the nationality that's important in resolving those issues.

There's obviously another key decision coming in terms of who gets the manager's job next, hopefully they'll get someone in who can do the job well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 11:37

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 8 Nov 11:20

Quote:

Stfu with your constant nonsense man

He's spot on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 12:18

Quote:

The only thing I`m worried about, is our fans. Really, they are numpies. They are going to end up getting the club some of them deserve. They hounded Johnston, Crawford and now Grant out of the job. They have harassed and abused the current chairman so much he is going to pack it in.

Cant argue with any of that red-star

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 12:43

Agreed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 13:49

We’ve always had some complete bampots following us whether we were winning or losing. Check out those clowns that were down for the “battle of Palmerston” . Utter cringe . And folk running about saying they are CSS. Danny Dyer wannabes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 16:11

Quote:

rawpars, Sun 7 Nov 16:48

Get yer own tin hat London par.

Be nice and share!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net