DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dick Campbell and Stewart Petrie as our management team
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:24

I know I will get lots of negatives but I cannot see past Dick Campbell as manager and Stewart Petrie as assistant and successor!

Dick Campbell (the Alex Ferguson of the Championship 🤣) won’t take any BS and Petrie has done nothing but miracles with Montrose who were once the worst team in the professional football league (or thereabouts)!

Also I would hope the fans could really embrace these guys being ex Pars and bring the club together.

Be interested to know your views.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dick Campbell and Stewart Petrie as our management team
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:29

Actually think that's a good proposal. Dick would take no prisoners, at least he can motivate teams.Friend of mine played for arbroath, and said dick said it how it was, big time Charlie's,would not be tolerated !😅
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:34

Quote:

twin par, Sun 07 Nov 15:29

Actually think that's a good proposal. Dick would take no prisoners, at least he can motivate teams.Friend of mine played for arbroath, and said dick said it how it was, big time Charlie's,would not be tolerated !😅

I think that’s what Pars need. He needs to manage the team and also the BOD. At Arbroath (and Forfar and Brechin) he has continually improved the teams and had success. Petrie could definitely take over in a few years when Dick retires.

If you look at Raith you would have to say that Paul Smith is primed for the management role when McGlynn retires.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:37

Big ask financially.

Asking 2 x part time managers to become FT. I assume dick is still working with Iain in the recruitment industry and Stewart has a good FT job outside of fitba.

Effectively need to make it worth their while to give up 2 good teams, 2 stable FT jobs and come to EEP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:41

Why on earth would Petrie leave his roll to become an assistant?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:41

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Sun 07 Nov 15:37

Big ask financially.

Asking 2 x part time managers to become FT. I assume dick is still working with Iain in the recruitment industry and Stewart has a good FT job outside of fitba.

Effectively need to make it worth their while to give up 2 good teams, 2 stable FT jobs and come to EEP.

Not sure it’s a bigger financial ask than any of the other candidates but would leave that to the board to figure out. If Raith can afford McGlynn and Paul Smith could we not afford these guys? I know people will disagree but I still regard the Pars as a club that should be in the SPL therefore able to attract a good candidate.

If the financial situation was not an issue would you support these guys as our management team? Cheers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:44

Dick Campbell said on the BBC podcast I put up on another thread that he had not long signed a 2 year contract as well so not sure how much compensation would apply.He would probably want to bring his brother and own team with him?

He did go into the financial gains that he has made at Forfar and Arbroath-taking them both from heavily in the red back into the black.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Nov 15:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:47

Quote:

Grant, Sun 07 Nov 15:41

Why on earth would Petrie leave his roll to become an assistant?

So I’m not trying to guess whether Petrie would want to come to Pars or not. Whoever the candidates are we can only speculate about their circumstances.

I am just suggesting if DAFC thought he was the right man we should look for him to join our team. You never know he might love football and work for the bank because he needs the money. Don’t write him off until it has been discussed with him.

If he was available would you have him and Campbell as our management team?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:50

Quote:

parathletic, Sun 07 Nov 15:44

Dick Campbell said on the BBC podcast I put up on another thread that he had not long signed a 2 year contract as well so not sure how much compensation would apply.He would probably want to bring his brother and own team with him?

He did go into the financial gains that he has made at Forfar and Arbroath-taking them both from heavily in the red back into the black.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Nov 15:45)

I’m hoping Pars could afford to compensate Arbroath if necessary.

Assuming this is not and issue would you like to see Campbell/ Petrie as the management team?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:53

I would imagine we are paying off Grants contract ,and we are now going to pay compensation to both Arbroath and Montrose ,as well as bringing new players in January ,as well as paying off players we don't want ,where is the money coming from ?

Post Edited (Sun 07 Nov 15:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 15:59

I love the idea but would be a big ask financially and I don’t think Petrie would leave Montrose and go full time to be an assistant.

I do think Campbell then Petrie a few years down the road is a more workable proposal though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:04

Just bring Jim Leishman back for his 3rd stint.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:07

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 07 Nov 15:53

I would imagine we are paying off Grants contract ,and we are now going to pay compensation to both Arbroath and Montrose ,as well as bringing new players in January ,as well as paying off players we don't want ,where is the money coming from ?

I’m not sure what compensation we would need to pay and I am not guessing, or trying to, for any candidate!

I’m only trying to gauge whether other fans think this would be the management team we would prefer and who we should explore. I think the fans could really get behind these guys. If it was only Campbell so be it.

I would prefer to spend money on a competent manager now rather than more players in January who might not make the mark. I do think the players we have could improve our league position with good management and this would improve our cash flow through achieving a higher league position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:21

Even the music has a link to our German investors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaTqoEagIM&t=104s

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:37

god no

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:39

Quote:

68guns, Sun 07 Nov 16:37

god no

Only my opinion. Who would be your preferred candidates?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:43

Leish was a total hero. Remember going through to Livi and getting beat and then thrashing them 5-0 at EEP to avoid relegation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:55

Topic Originator: 68guns
Date: Sun 7 Nov 16:37

god no

But Big Jim is the closest thing to him for most Pars fans

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 16:56

Quote:

summeragent, Sun 7 Nov 16:43

Leish was a total hero. Remember going through to Livi and getting beat and then thrashing them 5-0 at EEP to avoid relegation.

It was Dundee we beat 5-0 with wee eck's pal, Soapy Soutar, in goal. He had an absolute nightmare in the first half, conceding 4 and had a good greet in the changing rooms. Our PL status was confirmed with a 1-0 win at Tannadice and we ended the season with a 4-0 gubbing at Rugby Park. Dundee went down.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:23

Quote:

god no

Agree. 2 part time managers, Dicks failed at every full time job and been sacked bar none….what’s his skill set for our job. Sorts science plays a huge part in full time clubs, Dicks never worked with any, scouting full time players for January, full time training no doubt has moved on in 20 years.

Petrie legend as a player. How many jobs at full time level has he been quoted for? They all coke and go. He’s not qualified. You wouldn’t employ a 20 year bank manager and part time football manager to rebuild a football club.

Only candidates are Robertson or Hughes. Both fully engrossed at our level of the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:28

Exactly the management team that is required under the current circumstances, Dick would undoubtedly get this team (however bad it is) to safety this season. Petrie would also be my long term choice. We won`t know untill we ask.

I fear we are going to end up with Kenny Miller and an expensive experiment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jordi Munro  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:29

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 07 Nov 16:56

Quote:

It was Dundee we beat 5-0 with wee eck's pal, Soapy Soutar, in goal. He had an absolute nightmare in the first half, conceding 4 and had a good greet in the changing rooms. Our PL status was confirmed with a 1-0 win at Tannadice and we ended the season with a 4-0 gubbing at Rugby Park. Dundee went down.

Thanks GG Riva, you are spot on. Was at both those games.

Also remember us getting thrashed by Dundee 5-0 away when Leish was manager and after a great start to the season. Leish wrote a poem or had a dream about that game (turned into a nightmare)!! Then we beat them 6-1 at EEP later in the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:30

PS dick was sacked with us 2nd top of the 1st division if I remember correctly and only to make way for Calderwood .under the Masterton regime.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:31

Truthfuly, I'm past caring who gets job, never thought I would ever think those words never mind post it. In all honesty after the Grant debacle there is no money left to give next man in charge anything until we get rid of players that have 18months to run on contracts and not good enough for league.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jordi Munro  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:31

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:34

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 07 Nov 17:23

Quote:

god no

Agree. 2 part time managers, Dicks failed at every full time job and been sacked bar none….what’s his skill set for our job. Sorts science plays a huge part in full time clubs, Dicks never worked with any, scouting full time players for January, full time training no doubt has moved on in 20 years.

Petrie legend as a player. How many jobs at full time level has he been quoted for? They all coke and go. He’s not qualified. You wouldn’t employ a 20 year bank manager and part time football manager to rebuild a football club.

Only candidates are Robertson or Hughes. Both fully engrossed at our level of the game.

Fair comments. I would say though that Campbell is doing better than most of the full time managers in the Championship.

Wouldn’t like Hughes at EEP. Would love JR but I don’t get the impression he is in the right place and is pretty much settled in the Highlands. If we could get JR great but would still prefer Campbell and Petrie. Otherwise definitely JR. Cheers 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 17:39

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sun 07 Nov 17:31

Truthfuly, I'm past caring who gets job, never thought I would ever think those words never mind post it. In all honesty after the Grant debacle there is no money left to give next man in charge anything until we get rid of players that have 18months to run on contracts and not good enough for league.

Can understand that. Everyone is fatigued with relentless bad managerial appointments imo. We can’t afford another bad appointment.

I just think that the issue isn’t just the manager it’s the whole club and the dynamics. We need a manager who can deal with all this. A competent manager could organise the players we have and get us out of our dire situation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:03

He was sitting top with the Pars and top with Ross County when sacked so not really a failure in either post.

I don't see why he would leave Arbroath with a good part time squad and a great relationship with the chairman and the fans. Also involved in 3 companies outside of football and almost 68 years old.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:10

Quote:

arpar, Sun 07 Nov 18:03

He was sitting top with the Pars and top with Ross County when sacked so not really a failure in either post.

I don't see why he would leave Arbroath with a good part time squad and a great relationship with the chairman and the fans. Also involved in 3 companies outside of football and almost 68 years old.

I understand that might be the case. But he is from Fife, has some passion for the Pars, and might relish another try with a FT team. I think DC would organise our team and get us moving up the table. We will never know until he is asked but I reckon he would come to EEP. Cheers 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:10

I would think that the new BoD will be looking beyond just appointing a new manager. Every problem presents opportunity so perhaps they will look at the current managerial arrangements with an eye on the future direction of the club. We need a manager who is respected in the game with experience and authority to drive the changes needed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:25

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 07 Nov 18:10

I would think that the new BoD will be looking beyond just appointing a new manager. Every problem presents opportunity so perhaps they will look at the current managerial arrangements with an eye on the future direction of the club. We need a manager who is respected in the game with experience and authority to drive the changes needed.

Might be a test of the investors intent then and also a test for our financial situation? Someone who has that respect would maybe someone of the ilk of Derek McInnes?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:39

I don't think you can underestimate the whole coaching team. Dick didn't have his brother at Partick and I can't see his brother going full time or the rest of his coaching team. Petrie is not going to pack in both his jobs to be Dicks number 2. I think this is fantasy really.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:44

Quote:

summeragent, Sun 07 Nov 18:25

Quote:

Might be a test of the investors intent then and also a test for our financial situation? Someone who has that respect would maybe someone of the ilk of Derek McInnes?

McInnes….you on the wind up? He’s on 12 times what we would pay a manager and has turned down jobs in England to get “the right one”. Why not write names like Sam Allardyce when your at it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:45

Quote:

arpar, Sun 07 Nov 18:39

I don't think you can underestimate the whole coaching team. Dick didn't have his brother at Partick and I can't see his brother going full time or the rest of his coaching team. Petrie is not going to pack in both his jobs to be Dicks number 2. I think this is fantasy really.

You might be right tbh. But I suppose the question is do we think could they do the job. I have more confidence in them than the other reported candidates. The fact they are ex Pars means the supporters may embrace them and give them time to turn things around. We will never know unless they are asked. I think Campbell would come, not sure about Petrie.

Do you think they could turn the team around and would be a good choice? Who is your preferred candidate? Cheers 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:50

Campbell applied in the summer, but would he want it now after being passed over for the likes of Grant and having to do a rescue job with a horrific squad?

Dunfermline manager is his dream job tho. So just maybe we could get him if the right approach and offer was made.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:51

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 07 Nov 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

McInnes….you on the wind up? He’s on 12 times what we would pay a manager and has turned down jobs in England to get “the right one”. Why not write names like Sam Allardyce when your at it

‘We need a manager who is respected in the game with experience and authority to drive the changes needed’.

So was responding to the comment above. Who would you suggest would fall into that category?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 18:52

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sun 07 Nov 18:50

Campbell applied in the summer, but would he want it now after being passed over for the likes of Grant and having to do a rescue job with a horrific squad?

Dunfermline manager is his dream job tho. So just maybe we could get him if the right approach and offer was made.

I would agree with that and think he would come for the right offer 👍.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:01

I think he’d want to bring in coaches and a budget for players in January.

A lot of the better candidates will be looking for those terms. I’d be wary of anyone saying they can keep this squad up. Some probably will thinking that’s what the board want to hear.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:02

So we want:

Experienced
Proven track record
Free of contract/low compensation
Cheap

Yep...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:31

Quote:

jake89, Sun 07 Nov 19:02

So we want:

Experienced
Proven track record
Free of contract/low compensation
Cheap

Yep...

That about sums it up 🤪!

However if we do get a manager that can get us up to mid table we would get more money for a higher finish. More supporters back at the ground if we are winning matches and more revenue.

Just need the right appointment - simples!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:37

And players. The new manager needs to be allowed to bring in players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:38

Quote:

summeragent, Sun 07 Nov 18:51

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 07 Nov 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

‘We need a manager who is respected in the game with experience and authority to drive the changes needed’.

So was responding to the comment above. Who would you suggest would fall into that category?

See my earlier post.

Robertson or Hughes, tick all the boxes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:43

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sun 07 Nov 19:37

And players. The new manager needs to be allowed to bring in players.

Irrespective of who is Manager that will be the issue. So do you go for a cheaper option and spend more on players or invest in a Manager?

I think we can get so much better out of our current squad and could be mid table. Yes we need to strengthen the squad. Hopefully a few players leave in January and that reduces the wage bill and we can bring in some better players. 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:43

Robertson or Hughes probably fit what's needed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:45

A fantasy thread.

Although dick would get them fighting for every ball he can’t turn water into wine with our midfield options, although he might improve them, he isn’t going to turn the 2 that started in the middle yesterday into championship level players.

Unless some major investment is the squad is made in jan then we might as well write off this season regardless of who gets the job. If we make the relegation playoffs that would be a massive bonus. Come jan we could be even further behind and it would be pointless spending more on the squad unless it was players for next season.

Even if dick applied again this time I don’t think he has a chance, the Germans want something more progressive, they would prob accept a summer rebuild for league 1 over bringing someone like dick in.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:52

Next manager needs to be a long term appointment/solution. Immediate goal is to keep us up, however the club will now be going through a rebuild in conjunction with the new board so it's a long term appointment we need. Someone who'll stick around for the journey ahead.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 19:59

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 07 Nov 19:45

A fantasy thread.

Although dick would get them fighting for every ball he can’t turn water into wine with our midfield options, although he might improve them, he isn’t going to turn the 2 that started in the middle yesterday into championship level players.

Unless some major investment is the squad is made in jan then we might as well write off this season regardless of who gets the job. If we make the relegation playoffs that would be a massive bonus. Come jan we could be even further behind and it would be pointless spending more on the squad unless it was players for next season.

Even if dick applied again this time I don’t think he has a chance, the Germans want something more progressive, they would prob accept a summer rebuild for league 1 over bringing someone like dick in.

Thanks Berkey, appreciate your thoughts.

I see things differently. I think our team doesn’t play as a unit. If they did then I think everyone in our team would be improved dramatically. I do think if our team are fitter and better organised we would be mid table minimum.

I also think the dynamics of the club are bad and a strong minded Manager could help with that - I think DC could do this. Also bringing the Supporters back behind the Manager. Ex pars players tend to be good Pars managers and hopefully the fans would get behind them.

If DC/SP are appointed and we do rubbish I am leaving the country 🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 7 Nov 16:56

Quote:

Not quite how I remember it. "As good as", perhaps, but a defeat and other results with a big enough goal swing could have seen us going down. I remember no one being overly concerned at my the first two but getting quite nervous at 4-0 down with still quite a while to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:09

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 7 Nov 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

While McInnes would be a dream, it's not gonna happen. Pretty soon he will get offered a job in the English Championship for about 12k a week. We can't compete.

Petrie, again, probably isn't going to happen. We would need to match the wages of a pretty decent job at the bank and part time football manager wages. Probably looking at a near 6 figure sum to do that. For which price we could get John Hughes and a goalie that can actually keep goal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:17

As much as this pairing would be an absolute dream, why would Petrie relegate himself to assistant when he is working wonders with Montrose as a manager? Dick has made Arbroath (a part time team) one of the fittest in the league and would be interested to see how he would do with us. I have no idea who we will get as our manager but I doubt it will be the popular choices (Campbell, Petrie or Robertson).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:19

While McInnes would be a dream, it's not gonna happen. Pretty soon he will get offered a job in the English Championship for about 12k a week. We can't compete.

Petrie, again, probably isn't going to happen. We would need to match the wages of a pretty decent job at the bank and part time football manager wages. Probably looking at a near 6 figure sum to do that. For which price we could get John Hughes and a goalie that can actually keep goal

I agree McInnes won’t happen. Way above what we could afford.

Petrie not so sure tbh would need to be negotiation. Think we can afford him would just be a case of whether he would want to do it.

Really don’t want Yogi at EEP. Nor Kenny Miller. Only other manager that would give me a glimpse of positivity would be John Robertson. 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:27

Summer agent, what has John Robertson done that makes him a better option than John Hughes?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:34

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 7 Nov 20:27

Summer agent, what has John Robertson done that makes him a better option than John Hughes?

Never signed for Falkirk 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:36

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 07 Nov 20:27

That’s a very good question. Do I have to answer that? 🥴🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:46

John Hughes has managed at 7 clubs and has averaged just less than a year as manager over the 7. He did have a few successful years at ICT and was player manager at Falkirk for a few years.

I didn’t like the way it ended at Raith with him publicly slagging the players. I don’t think Yogi has good man management skills whereas I do think John Robertson’s style and persona is more suited to DAFC.

It’s all a matter of opinion but that’s my thoughts 👍👍👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 20:51

Quote:

summeragent, Sun 7 Nov 20:46

John Hughes has managed at 7 clubs and has averaged just less than a year as manager over the 7. He did have a few successful years at ICT and was player manager at Falkirk for a few years.

I didn’t like the way it ended at Raith with him publicly slagging the players. I don’t think Yogi has good man management skills whereas I do think John Robertson’s style and persona is more suited to DAFC.

So I quite It’s all a matter of opinion but that’s my thoughts 👍👍👍

Cheers Summer agent, fair enough. There's probably not a lot between them. Personally I prefer some straight talking, so I quite liked Yogi getting torn into his underperforming players. Probably something that our players could do with, but couldn't handle
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 7 Nov 21:58

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 7 Nov 20:51

Quote:

summeragent, Sun 7 Nov 20:46

So I quite It’s all a matter of opinion but that’s my thoughts 👍👍👍

Cheers Summer agent, fair enough. There's probably not a lot between them. Personally I prefer some straight talking, so I quite liked Yogi getting torn into his underperforming players. Probably something that our players could do with, but couldn't handle

Yogi doing that turned the players so much they got relegated by the worst championship side ever.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 08:55

Quote:

parsfan, Sun 7 Nov 20:00

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 7 Nov 16:56

Quote:

Not quite how I remember it. "As good as", perhaps, but a defeat and other results with a big enough goal swing could have seen us going down. I remember no one being overly concerned at my the first two but getting quite nervous at 4-0 down with still quite a while to go.

The Killie game was nail biting stuff, only Jim Jeffries taking their foot off the gas second half saved us from a real tanking!

We were abysmal 🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 09:20

"The Killie game was nail biting stuff, only Jim Jeffries taking their foot off the gas second half saved us from a real tanking!

We were abysmal 🤬🤬🤬"

Yeah me & my dad missed Tannadice the week before but went down to Killie thinking it would be a nice wee day out. It was a terrible performance & thankfully JJ took a young Naismith off with 20 odd minutes to go or it could have been double figures.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 10:03

Does grate on me a little this ‘never been full time manager before’ reason for not wanting someone to have the job.

Especially in Scottish football where majority of teams below us are part time, they are only going to get experience by someone giving them the opportunity. If you want someone who has that experience we’re going through the usual selection and merry go round of managers.

I’d often rather have an up and coming young manager proving himself in the lower ranks than a hand me down.

Also I should add, part time football brings its own challenges that full time football doesn’t have.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net