DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 We WILL Not be relegated this season.
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 18:56

We`ve been dire so far but a couple of wins and we`re mid table. We won`t win the league, and even finishing top 4 looks unlikely unless we go on a great run, but I highly doubt we`ll be relegated.

New manager, fresh start and look towards building for next season. We might finish 7th or 8th but we`ll be at least 10 points ahead of 9th come the end of the season.

I have spoken.

Post Edited (Tue 09 Nov 14:08)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: We WILL Not relegated this season.
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 19:02

I hope you are right. Saturday was the first time I actually felt there is a good chance of us going down.

No leaders on the park and no leaders off it! That’s the problem. No one wants to take responsibility.

I just hope we can bring in a manager who can improve things but looking at the team on Saturday that is going to be a hell of a job. This Grant appointment is costing the club big time.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 19:53

Morton, QoS and Hamilton can get a couple of wins and go on a wee run too.

In fact they seem to be better at it than us, so far.

Beating them may be the key !

Do that and we might just get an eighth place.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 20:03

My biggest worry is.
1. By the time we get a new manager and trys to get them into shape we will be further away from safety.
2. Will the new person be given the funds to bring in better players, or will they to offload the players who have not performed. Let's be truthful I can't see any manager in our league wanting to buy them, perhaps they might go out on loan to League 1 or 2.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 20:18

I’ll reserve judgement until we appoint a manager and until I know if they will be allowed to significantly improve our comically bad squad in January.

As things stand, we are going down. Action is required to alter that course.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 20:35

Am with kozma on this one . But I thought this before PG was bumped. That maybe says more about me than it does Dunfermline. And if I'm wrong and the chit hits the fan... Guess what guys it's a past time, albeit a past time that we all care about deeply . but the sun will still rise, Tuesday will still follow Monday. It just means we will be fighting to win a different league .
We Are Pars Fans. .. enjoy the highs there are not to many of them, lows on the other hand 10 a penny. It's how we come out the other end

COYP

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 22:26

I'm an eternal optimistic person but I'm even unsure we can get out of this.
We've tried every player.
Every formation.
Every tactic and yet we have no formula other than , in certain games be hard to beat without looking like we can win with confidence.
It has relegation written all over it and I say that with a very heavy heart believe me.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte

Post Edited (Mon 08 Nov 22:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 22:49

AAPS, it’s up to the board now. Get the right manager and allow him to sign what we need to survive or get it wrong and we go down.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 8 Nov 23:16

Bottom of the league and beaten at home by the second bottom team. Any twinkle of optimism I had took a big hit on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 09:15

Strong we’re too good to go down vibes here, based on absolutely nothing.

For me it’s not just appointing a new manager as even that may not be enough, unless he can turn water into wine, it’s about the business we do in January if we’re not too far adrift by then.

We went into a huge game with Allan and Todd as our central midfield as they were the best options we have, just have a think about that.

Post Edited (Tue 09 Nov 09:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 09:20

I doubt the club has the funds to acquire the quality of players we need to get out of this mess.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 09:48

The squad is good enough to turn it around.

A back 4 of Comrie, Connolly, Gaspuitas/Breen and Edwards is a decent base for a new manager to build from. Wilson, Pybus and Dorrans are all obviously good enough for this league and Allan also looks like he can do a job.

Thomas and Kennedy have done damage in the Championship before - as has Dow, but he`s a concern.

I`m not a massive fan of any of the three strikers but there`s nothing in their past which hints that they are out their depth in the Championship.

The other thing to cling to is that QoS had 4 points from their first 9 games last season, looked dead and buried and then took 23 points in the next 10 games. Momentum is a big thing in our league.

For instance, if we`d been sitting higher up the table, we probably cling on against the Rovers, don`t surrender a 2 goal lead to Arbroath and don`t find a way to lose against Morton on Saturday. On the flip side, we don`t currently have any momentum, did manage to do all those things and there`s no guarantee of turning it around - new manager or not.

In summary, I`m saying that we might go down or we might not...

Post Edited (Tue 09 Nov 09:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 09:58

I think young Allan has been the one good thing to come from PGs time At EEP

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 10:10

Talk of a January transfer window being the answer to our problems is close to magical thinking. It’s one thing to salivate over punting out ‘rubbish’ players - such as any other club would want them – but any incoming players would by economic necessity have to be of around the same standard. The most likely outcome would be ‘rubbish’ out: ‘rubbish’ in.

Our next manager should be capable of improving performance on the playing pitch with the present squad of players. If he can’t do that within a couple of months then he’s not earned the right to be anywhere near a transfer window. We’d be so far adrift at the bottom of the league as to be looking for players suited to the division below us by then.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 10:13

Decent use of the loan market could help significantly on that front as its widely viewed as harder to bring in permanent signings in the January window.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 11:00

Loan players will definitely be the likeliest source for any squad reinforcements.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 11:02

`Decent use` is the problem part. Kennedy is a loan signing who has shown promise but so far little more. Graham has unfortunately been a disaster. Connelly seems to have shown good commitment. But if we are in a relegation fight, which seems more than likely to be the case even by January, are loanees the ones to battle it out?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 11:06

We need a goalkeeper.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 11:21

Yes we need a goalkeeper but that`s about 3-4 on the list behind midfielders.

I`m all for loans but they need to be for more experienced fringe players from the prem like connelly.

Please no more raw youngsters like graham or kennedy.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stand Up  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 12:22

Think i saw a post showing where clubs in our position typically finish come the end of the season and they have gone down more often than not, irrespective of how good they thought their squad was or the size of the club.

Id like to think that with the right appointment and the right moves in January we have a good chance of staying up, but as things stand that is all it is. We are in a relegation fight and the quicker everyone realises it the better. Anything further up the league than 9th is going to be a bonus from now on in.

COYP

[IP address logged]
 Re: We WILL Not be relegated this season.
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 14:16

A new manager will get the players fighting much harder.

This is the way.

I have spoken.

What TV show am I obsessed with?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 18:08

Reminds me of the title winning season when we brought in BMMMH and Rustybits, they took hold of the tram and turned the season round

We need something similar to get out of this mess

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 18:12

Quote:

1970par, Tue 09 Nov 18:08

Reminds me of the title winning season when we brought in BMMMH and Rustybits, they took hold of the tram and turned the season round

We need something similar to get out of this mess

I thought the same but then changed my mind as we had a squad who were decent and some just underperforming that year.
This year is a lot more difficult unfortunately as I don’t think we can really say anyone has been on form.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 18:37

It was only a few years ago that we were 2nd bottom at Xmas time with St Mirren below us. We both went on a run that saw us finishing a few points off the play offs with St Mirren not far behind us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 20:27

Da-go, I’d disagree that Wilson, pybus and dorrans are all good enough. The evidence of this season would suggest they are not. I think we need two central midfielders badly.

Pybus tries hard and has fitness but isn’t talented.

Dorrans is finished.

Wilson might have something.

Allen might be good a year or two down the line but not starting quality this year if we want to stay up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 20:36

Dorrans isn't finished. He was improving every game. What shouldn't have happened however, was pitching him in the first XI the day after he landed at the club.

Pybus played 50 odd Championship games for QoS - who finished higher than we are - and Wilson played in a side that finished top 4 last season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 21:45

I am yet to see anything that persuades me to think we are staying in this league.

As previously said any hope at all I had was taken away with the defeat to Morton.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 22:47

Quote:

NikNakPar, Tue 9 Nov 21:45

I am yet to see anything that persuades me to think we are staying in this league.

As previously said any hope at all I had was taken away with the defeat to Morton.

We are only a quarter of the way into the season with a new manager Imminent.
Dinnae give up yet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 10:28

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 9 Nov 22:47

Quote:

Dinnae give up yet.

^^^ We are more than a third of the way through the season 👍

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 14:38

problem is getting that first league win we cant hold on to a lead right now should have beat rovers with 2mins left cant see us beating inverness away

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 14:47

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 09 Nov 22:47

Quote:

Dinnae give up yet.

I’d probably be more confident if it was a 52 game season and we were only a quarter of the way through. But we’ll be over halfway through the second quarter of the season after the Inverness game on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 15:08

Jings the last 4 games crept up on me lol. Still plenty time to escape relegation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 16:37

Our success rate is 18% from the 13 games played.

QOS success rate is 28% from the 13 games played.

Grim reading.
Poor stats.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 16:46

Unless another team has a horrific run of form it`s an arithmetical certainty that we`ll be relegated unless our form improves. We`ve decided to change managers with a view to achieving that improvement. It`s a wee bit premature to conclude that we`re going down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 17:49

Nearly as premature as starting a thread like this , abt not going down !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net