DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 St Pauli Merchandise.
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 14:31

DASC/DASC DONATION SHOP MARV`S TEA ROOM.

We have had a donation of seven items from the German group- at DAFC to sell in the above shop. If you are interest the Hub will be open on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th. from 11am to 1pm to view these items. Thank You.

Post Edited (Tue 09 Nov 15:11)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: St Pauli Merchandise.
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 16:29

Marv, I remember being in Hamburg years ago, I tried to get a St Paul scarf for Duncan. Believe it or not there was nowhere I could buy one. All I could find were Hamburg ones. I don't know if he will want one now.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 9 Nov 17:18

I think Celtic have big links to St Pauli, may be some Celtic fans interested

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 01:03

Quality kit, I saw it when I popped in on Saturday. Sure it will all get snapped up quickly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par Lament  
Date:   Wed 10 Nov 23:40

Celtic have absolutely no links to St.Pauli.Some of their fans have made a link as, in their minds they are the oppressed victims.I think,initially,St Pauli fans fell for it.They now see that Celtic are indeed an establishment club who use their power to bully smaller clubs.Most St.Pauli fans now despise their "link" to them and are embarrassed that they were taken in.

Post Edited (Wed 10 Nov 23:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 05:30

Quote:

Par Lament, Wed 10 Nov 23:40

Celtic have absolutely no links to St.Pauli.Some of their fans have made a link as, in their minds they are the oppressed victims.I think,initially,St Pauli fans fell for it.They now see that Celtic are indeed an establishment club who use their power to bully smaller clubs.Most St.Pauli fans now despise their "link" to them and are embarrassed that they were taken in.

I like St.Pauli even more now😏😏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 05:42

I would imagine that the Germans are hoping that donating the merchandise might encourage Pars fans, not Celtic fans, to develop an attachment to St Pauli...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 08:06

Is the issue for us not more that of you start kicking about in st Pauli gear, folk will assume you're a dirty glory hunter?
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 08:35

No need for me to turn this into an anti Old Firm thread

Post Edited (Fri 12 Nov 11:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 16:40

These items were given to us to make money for the Pars. They are St. Pauli club issue garments. We have one top that is a coaches issue at St. Pauli.
Thanks for all the insight folks, but this post is about making money for the Pars. Sold the first item this morning. Thank You.

Post Edited (Thu 11 Nov 16:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsFrontMan  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 18:00

Club shop at the Stadium is the best place to get stuff. It has pretty much everything. The club website (has an English option) I`d recommend checking out too.

They have a really good range of gear and the kit this season is made in house a they couldn`t find a supplier who met the demands for a real eco friendly kit. Also a lot of rainbow items as they are very VERY pro LGBTQ+ rights.

Great stadium and atmosphere too. We`ll worth a visit for a match if you ever get the chance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 18:18

Stuff looks great. Hopefully raise a good sum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 20:38

Quote:

ParsFrontMan, Thu 11 Nov 18:00

Club shop at the Stadium is the best place to get stuff. It has pretty much everything. The club website (has an English option) I`d recommend checking out too.

They have a really good range of gear and the kit this season is made in house a they couldn`t find a supplier who met the demands for a real eco friendly kit. Also a lot of rainbow items as they are very VERY pro LGBTQ+ rights.

Great stadium and atmosphere too. We`ll worth a visit for a match if you ever get the chance.

Interesting you mention the LGBTQ+ angle, as I reckon a club that markets itself in that position could pull in quite a lot of pink pounds. Probably won't work in Dunfermline tbh, but surprised no club in London or somewhere with plenty of people sympathetic to that movements aims have tried it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 21:24

It`s built into the dna of the club. Lot of the merch is rainbow coloured in one way or another. And you see a lot of Rainbow flags on match day.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Nov 01:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 11 Nov 21:28

The pink pound wouldn't last 5 minutes in Scottish football with some of that pathetic chants.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 07:24

I think a club should be concentrating on attracting all members of the community irrespective of politics, gender, race, colour or sexual orientation. Why alienate one section of the community to pander for another, after all a football club should be for the whole community.

It sounds like St Pauli is a club that tries too hard to mix politics with sport a bit like the Old Firm, I feel that has no place in sport or football.

But the above has no relation to what is being sold in the DASC donation shop and I hope it earns a good sum for the shop who ever buys it.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Nov 07:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 09:58

So if you’re against mixing sport and politics you won’t be watching Scotland vs Moldova tonight then?

What’s more political than two teams formed from individual political nation states playing each other under their respective nation flags and anthems in a competition that puts all the world political nation started against each other to see with political nation state is the best?

If it was a choice between teams actively promoting equality and humanitarian causes or political nation states competing against each other, I think I’d pick the former tbh
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 10:33

I will be watching it as I am a Scotland fan and don`t want to make the deliberate political decision not to watch it, I will take it on face value as a game of football.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 10:37

St. Pauli were the first club in Germany to integrate a set of Fundamental Principles (Leitlinien) to dictate how the club is run. The Fundamental Principles were passed by an overwhelming majority at the St. Pauli Congress in 2009 and they go beyond solely football.

The first five Principles states that:

– "In its totality, consisting of members, staff, fans and honorary officers, St. Pauli FC is a part of the society by which it is surrounded and so is affected both directly and indirectly by social changes in the political, cultural and social spheres."

– "St. Pauli FC is conscious of the social responsibility this implies, and represents the interests of its members, staff, fans and honorary officers in matters not just restricted to the sphere of sport."

– "St. Pauli FC is the club of a particular city district, and it is to this that it owes its identity. This gives it a social and political responsibility in relation to the district and the people who live there."

– "St. Pauli FC aims to put across a certain feeling for life and symbolises sporting authenticity. This makes it possible for people to identify with the club independently of any sporting successes it may achieve. Essential features of the club that encourage this sense of identification are to be honoured, promoted and preserved."

– "Tolerance and respect in mutual human relations are important pillars of the St. Pauli philosophy."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 11:24

Sorry, this should be about St Pauli and not the old firm. Their merchandise (and image) is the best of any club I know and really show what a 'small' club can achieve when the mentality is around community and not trophies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 21:50

Quote:

Par, Fri 12 Nov 07:24

I think a club should be concentrating on attracting all members of the community irrespective of politics, gender, race, colour or sexual orientation. Why alienate one section of the community to pander for another, after all a football club should be for the whole community.

It sounds like St Pauli is a club that tries too hard to mix politics with sport a bit like the Old Firm, I feel that has no place in sport or football.

But the above has no relation to what is being sold in the DASC donation shop and I hope it earns a good sum for the shop who ever buys it.

Firstly, basic human rights is not a political stance.

Can you confirm how acknowledging that not every football fan is straight alienates people who are?

St Pauli are leading in welcoming fans irrespective of gender, race, colour or sexual orientation. Which is why so many other club fans wish to associate with them.

I would welcome any move that would portrait that we are a club for everyone, especially since we don't have the best reputation when it comes to homophabia.

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 22:09

I`m not sure if my brother-in-law (Both German and a St Pauli fan) is part of any fan groups) but I`m sure if we wanted to know more I could ask him if there is anyone the club could talk to. Meggle himself was a director and one time Manager at the club. And in all honesty we`d be luck to have the following that they have.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 22:11

That`s two St. Pauli items sold in two days. Another £40 to the Academy Account to add to the £500 we donated yesterday from a massive programme sale. Thanks everybody who have contributed to this amazing amount from the DASC DONATION SHOP & TEA ROOM from two days sales.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the above as the designated area at the football club for the money raised in the Hub is the Academy Account. Thanks Folks.

COYP.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Nov 22:21)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net