DAFC.net
Home 18 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 We need to give Yogi time!
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 18:11

OK, so just watched both the Yogi interview and the Meggle interview. Clearly short , medium, and long term goals - keep us up / challenge for promotion / top league stability. This clearly will take time and will mean that there will still be bumpy times ahead in the short term. There is no immediate magic wand. We're probably still going to lose quite a few games. So we MUST get our heads in the right place and keep realistic, and not expect miracles too soon. We can't go around the merry-go-round again and end up back where we were at the end of the Crawford & Grant tenures. Us Pars fans can be like a 12th man, or we can be part of the problem, so let's make sure we are the former! COYP!

Post Edited (Fri 12 Nov 18:34)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: We need to give Yogi time!
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 18:41

Yogi will get loads more time than grant. For a start in January he’ll do well to bring 2-3 in not the 11 imposters grant signed in the summer so it’s not his team until at least the end of the season

Given this season and the state of the squad, anything above 10th is a
Bonus and I’ll support yogi for next season even if we go down.

What alternative is there? Things can’t really get any worse.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 18:43

I agree with Berkey, Yogi needs to be allowed to bring players in before we can judge him at all really.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 20:23

Delighted with the appointment.

We do need to give him time, but the position PG has left him in doesn’t allow him too much.

We are very close to being cut adrift and need to win a game soon.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 20:37

Let`s hope Yogi doesn`t tell the 11 players Grant signed that they`re `impostors`. I`d like to think he`d wait until he`d seen them for himself before forming an opinion on them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 21:47

3 games should be enough

April 2024
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 22:53

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 12 Nov 20:37

Let`s hope Yogi doesn`t tell the 11 players Grant signed that they`re `impostors`. I`d like to think he`d wait until he`d seen them for himself before forming an opinion on them.

I hope he doesn't and chases them all out of EEP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 12 Nov 23:23

He`s got 7 league games and a Scottish Cup tie to negotiate before the January transfer window opens so I doubt he`d want to alienate half his squad before then.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 07:24

I loved his interview pointing out that we are the laughing stock of Scottish football at the minute. That would make folk of my age/era react in a positive way but see these modern day fitba players I’m no so sure. They can go get a job that pays more than football without the grief so I don’t know if that works.
The players that we have this season have been a fecking disgrace . An absolute shambles. Norrie McCathie would be turning in his grave . But I don’t know if that type of character/ mentality exists now . Not at our level .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRJ1986  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 07:38

Given time Yogi will get us back to where we belong. Yogi’s record getting ICT & Falkirk into Europe, winning the cup with ICT on minuscule budgets playing good passing football. Raith didn’t work out but not every job will & then most recently kept Ross County up. I’m very happy he’s been given the job! I’d run through a brick wall for a gaffer like Yogi. He’s a top man & a legend in Scottish football. Let’s get behind him & the boys!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 08:42

Honestly, I am thrilled. I love Yogi`s football philosophy. It is not just about passing, it is about keeping possession. If you keep possession, you don`t lose goals and more often than not, you don`t lose games.

How many times so far this season have we seen turnovers of possession simply by careless passes?

I think Yogi is just who we need right now to bring in some discipline on and off the field. You can see by his level of fitness and the brightness of his eyes that he is a man with excellent self-discipline.

Let`s hope it is infectious.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 10:54

Maybe, just maybe, some of the players that Grant signed are not the 'duds' that they have looked so far and Yogi can manage to get a game out of them. You never know!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 11:02

Quote:

auldpar, Sat 13 Nov 10:54

Maybe, just maybe, some of the players that Grant signed are not the 'duds' that they have looked so far and Yogi can manage to get a game out of them. You never know!

That was my thinking/hoping auldpar, could be a couple of players just waiting for right coach

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Nov 11:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 11:23

Totally agree with Berkley he needs time.

At the moment it is all grants baggage that he is left with at the moment and as my journeyman said when l was an apprentice painter with Fife decorators

" You can only p**s with the c**k you`ve got. "

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 11:23

MDCCCLXXXV

That was my thinking/hoping auldpar, could be a couple of players just waiting for right coach

All our players are waiting for the right coach , for some that may well be at another club. We have some good players who will be respond to better coaching and tactics. Football can be simple as Yogi says in his interview, keep opposition from scoring and and start that by attacking. New era with hope, we are stronger for that point alone.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 12:18

Jock Stein signed nobody and stopped the Pars getting relegated, as did Leish. I`m not saying Yogi is another Jock Stein but I do think he will get the best out of the current squad and we will see some players shine who didn`t before.

I`m sure we will finish the season above Morton, Ayr and Queen of the South.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 12:23

Our next five games are
Inverness (a)
Ayr (H)
Partick Thistle (a- Scottish cup)
Hamilton (a)
Queen of the South (H)

Inverness away is a right tough one, a draw would be a good result, however the next run of three league games is pretty kind and gives Hughes a solid chance to get off to a decent start.

A cup run would be nice, and extra money would be great, but it's absolutely not the priority, might Hughes use it to find out more about his squad?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 12:54

Yogi not in charge today technically but still hoping for an improvement today, a sneaky 0-1 would be nice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 15:27

Come on Hughes get this sorted you have had 25 minutes!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 17:46

Quote:

Par, Sat 13 Nov 15:27

Come on Hughes get this sorted you have had 25 minutes!

Sorted.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:10

Apparently not.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net