DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 6th
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:37

Bold prediction... If we beat Ayr on Saturday, which I think we will, the other fixtures should yield results that will see us climb to 6th.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 6th
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:47

Even getting off the bottom next week would be some lift. The season started today. Big Yogi will sort them oot.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:47

Would show how poor the bottom of the Championship really is.

We have been rank rotten and could be mid table with 2 wins.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:48

Quote:

FA1968, Sat 13 Nov 18:47

Would show how poor the bottom of the Championship really is.

We have been rank rotten and could be mid table with 2 wins.

Give it a fkn rest min. Be happy for an evening at least.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:51

I`m bouncing tonight pal cheers.

Not sure what you read into my post that has ruffled your feathers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 18:57

I love that logic; the bottom team beating the team that was second shows how poor the bottom half of the league is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 19:26

Big big win today, when did we last win in Inverness? totally unexpected.

A draw would have been an optimistic result on current form.

Climb the table in the next month and then look up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 19:27

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Nov 18:57

I love that logic; the bottom team beating the team that was second shows how poor the bottom half of the league is.

Honestly its comedy gold.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 19:53

Makes me wonder where we would be at the moment if Yogi was hired in the summer. He is a much more competent manager than Grant and I am excited to see where we end up. The optimist in me can see us sneaking a play off spot with a decent transfer window and a boost in self confidence. Our next 3 games are very winnable.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 19:57

Quote:

RossF, Sat 13 Nov 19:53

Makes me wonder where we would be at the moment if Yogi was hired in the summer. He is a much more competent manager than Grant and I am excited to see where we end up. The optimist in me can see us sneaking a play off spot with a decent transfer window and a boost in self confidence. Our next 3 games are very winnable.

Its not impossible.
We may well be getting carried away but a wee winning run with the top lot getting some draws an beating each other, combined with winning our head to heads and......well never say never.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 20:00

Would love this to happen, and love the optimism. I think we should stay realistic however. First half today was shocking, 2nd half shows what we are capable of. Long road ahead to turn around our fortunes, today was only the first step. COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 20:03

Cant honestly say I expect it, even with my legendary optimism, or happyclappery if you like. Just saying it is possible.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 20:15

If the 2nd half was due to Yogi going to the dressing room at half time the logical conclusion is that if he was there at the start we would have performed better in the first half.
Well, today was excellent but let`s not get too excited. Let`s see what happens next week but the team will undoubtedly have more confidence and be energised. Now they know they can win. Fitba is about confidence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 20:18

Happyclappery, I love that word.

This will be used by me many times this season 😁👏😁👏😁👏

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 20:38

Maybe, just maybe he sat and watched the first half and noted where small improvements could be made ie he made a plan B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 20:41

Quote:

par-ticular, Sat 13 Nov 20:38

Maybe, just maybe he sat and watched the first half and noted where small improvements could be made ie he made a plan B

Maybe, as someone waiting for a job to come along, he picked the most likely options and did his due dilligence. Maybe hes got it all sussed already.
Maybe Santa is real too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 22:48

Transfer window? Recruitment? To me that’s the sort of talk that makes agents money. Or excites fans who are easily excitable. Who thinks there is a magic money tree of footballers all wanting to come to EEP? What is the point of shuffling a pack of players whose ability is much of a s muchness come January?

If Yogi Hughes is a good manager, which I think he probably is, then he will be able to make the most of what we have already. McCann and Graham already seem to have been rehabilitated. It’s not about recruitment; it’s about making the best of what we already have. If Hughes can win three games between now and the end of the year then, and only then, can he demand a transfer budget. If not, he is little better than Grant.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Nov 23:20

Don`t believe what I`m reading here, first win of the season against a team that has been a bit off colour in their past few games and we`ve got the next two games won already. OK it was good to get the win but even the most optimistic of players or managers take ONE GAME AT A TIME.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 01:19

Quote:

sammer, Sat 13 Nov 22:48

Transfer window? Recruitment? To me that’s the sort of talk that makes agents money. Or excites fans who are easily excitable. Who thinks there is a magic money tree of footballers all wanting to come to EEP? What is the point of shuffling a pack of players whose ability is much of a s muchness come January?

If Yogi Hughes is a good manager, which I think he probably is, then he will be able to make the most of what we have already. McCann and Graham already seem to have been rehabilitated. It’s not about recruitment; it’s about making the best of what we already have. If Hughes can win three games between now and the end of the year then, and only then, can he demand a transfer budget. If not, he is little better than Grant.

To suggest Graham is rehabilitated after 10 minutes as a sub is quite frankly crazy.

Who knows but it’ll take far more then that to make comments like that stand up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 02:33

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 13 Nov 23:20

Don`t believe what I`m reading here, first win of the season against a team that has been a bit off colour in their past few games and we`ve got the next two games won already. OK it was good to get the win but even the most optimistic of players or managers take ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Aye we ken that jist maybe when we calm doon after the first win of the season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 08:23

Quote:

sammer, Sat 13 Nov 22:48

McCann and Graham already seem to have been rehabilitated.

Graham is suddenly a competent championship level defender because he didn’t completely sell the jerseys in the 10 minutes he was on the park?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 08:38

Yeah we're getting ahead of ourselves a bit, itone win and s nice wee manager bounce, it'll take more than a half time team talk to better some of them...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 09:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 08:47

The new manager effect with Yogi popping into dressing room at half time had the desired effect, but saying players who have been rotten are now better is a bit premature , hopefully when Yogi gets a few sessions and a few inspirational team talks under his belt we will be in a better position to assess what were effectively Grants duds , hopefully onwards and upwards. COYP.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 10:37

I hope the other teams in the lower half of the division are ameanable to following this script and let us climb above them !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 10:49

Not sure what point you`re making, vee? Are you saying a football team isn`t master of its own destiny? That seems to contradict an old favourite of yours -`The league table doesn`t lie`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 12:43

The point is that the "if we do such and such - we`ll be 6th (for example)" mindset assumes that the other teams will accommodate this aim.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 12:54

Cmon guys, let us dream a little while, it has been a terrible start to the league , an away win at Inverness , as wee eck pointed out yesterday, 1st league win at the Caledonian stadium for 14years.
Let us bask in the glory of our FIRST league win of the season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 13:06

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 14 Nov 12:43

The point is that the "if we do such and such - we`ll be 6th (for example)" mindset assumes that the other teams will accommodate this aim.

He's not assuming anything. He's putting a positive spin on our next match. It's Sunday. Have a day off.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 13:18

If you win a game of football you`ll improve your position relative to other teams in the league. That`s a fact and it happened yesterday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 13:18

Let's be realistic here. After yesterday's win Yogi is getting us promoted this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 13:25

That's what I want to hear Kessel👏👏👏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 13:46

"If you win a game of football you`ll improve your position relative to other teams in the league. That`s a fact and it happened yesterday."

Doesn`t that apply to all teams ?

For example, who would have thought that QotS could have taken a point at Arbroath yesterday ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 14:00

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 13 Nov 19:57

Quote:

RossF, Sat 13 Nov 19:53

Its not impossible.
We may well be getting carried away but a wee winning run with the top lot getting some draws an beating each other, combined with winning our head to heads and......well never say never.

Yes yogi's here now but we have to remember it's whits and shields pre Cally match not yogi so most of the credit should go to them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 14:00

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 14 Nov 13:46

"If you win a game of football you`ll improve your position relative to other teams in the league. That`s a fact and it happened yesterday."

For example, who would have thought that QotS could have taken a point at Arbroath yesterday ?

Me
I think any team in this league can take points off any of the others but it is likely that Partick will beat Hamilton and Raith will beat Morton. I defy anyone on here to bet on Hamilton or Morton wins in these games.

So like I said, IF we win and other games go as the form suggests then we will be 6th.
Im not assuming anything

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 14:09

I reckon that Partick, Killie and Raith are the top three (no particular order) we showed yesterday that ICT are beatable, and Arbroath are losing Nouble in January.

We're finishing fourth, winning the playoffs and Lewis McCann is taking Leishs Mantle as the last man to score a winner at Ibrox, next season.

Beleive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 14:14

Quote:

Grant, Sun 14 Nov 14:09

I reckon that Partick, Killie and Raith are the top three (no particular order) we showed yesterday that ICT are beatable, and Arbroath are losing Nouble in January.

We're finishing fourth, winning the playoffs and Lewis McCann is taking Leishs Mantle as the last man to score a winner at Ibrox, next season.

Beleive.

Firmly in your camp 😄

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 14:15

Topic Originator: veteraneastender like | nolike
Date: Sun 14 Nov 13:46

That`s hardly a great example. QOS didn`t win so we gained two points on them. We also gained two points on Arbroath by the way!

Vee, you have the knack of sucking every ounce of positivity from any optimistic post on here. Is this your approach to life in general or do you just reserve it for the Pars? If it is, you must be fun to be around.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 15:28

Jeez, even a Pars win doesn't stop the argie bargie on here
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 15:32

I’m pleading the fifth Wee Eck - let’s wait until there’s a few more results before planning a play off party.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 20:37

All PARrot was saying was that if we win next week there`s a good chance we`ll improve our position in the league - nothing about a play-off party. I`ve been following football for over 60 years and I`ve yet to see a set of fixtures where every team in a particular league has won on the same day!

You sure like to urinate on folks` French fries!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 20:54

Last week we were heading for the seaside league, now we`re on our way to the Champions league!!! Steady on guys, enjoy the moment, as we all are but it`ll be Monday morning soon. Time to sober up and face the week ahead.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 21:36

As Yazz said in the late 80s

The Only Way Is Up

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 21:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 09:50

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 14 Nov 20:37

All PARrot was saying was that if we win next week there`s a good chance we`ll improve our position in the league - nothing about a play-off party. I`ve been following football for over 60 years and I`ve yet to see a set of fixtures where every team in a particular league has won on the same day!

You sure like to urinate on folks` French fries!

Rewind to Sat. 19:53 and 19:57 - looks like talk of play position to me.

I’m also a member of the 60+ brigade ……….hopefully the Pars will come through when the French fries are down !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 10:22

Which mindset do you think the players should have - yours or PARrot`s?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 11:23

It`s not the player`s mindset that`s in question.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 11:55

Just one player?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 13:04

Apostrophe malfunction !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 13:19

Shocked French mentioned twice and no Hamish

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 13:46

It`ll Dawn on you ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 16:57

Boom PARrot

What a prediction

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 17:20

Something to Craw about PARrot :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 17:40

Fair play PARrot, good shout
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 17:48

Parrots apparently have a 6th sense.
As a matter of fact, not to get you all too excited or anything, we are also known to be quite forthright.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Nov 17:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 20:26

He is a very perceptive PARrot. You should have had a flutter (!) on it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 21:00

Got there with one game to spare Parrot but don`t cluck or chirp too much, one game at a time is still the best advice. But I have to say I`m enjoying my wee trip through to Fife a whole lot more just now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 22:04

I'm tellin ye we will finish top 4. You heard it here first.

Btw, why did the parrot peck the Australian?

Just beak Oz.

Ok the blankets on the cage.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net