DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Inverness
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 15:14

Link to highlights

up now

unfortunately no manager or player interviews.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 15:27)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Inverness
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 15:52

Cheers brian

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: portreepar  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 15:56

Well that was a bloody good watch,Coyp.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 16:06

Didn't realise we were under the cosh for last 10 minutes or so.
Makes the result better for me,Great to see the team hold firm

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 16:16

Yeah, I only managed to catch the last 20 minutes of the stream although, with all the time added, it was more like half an hour. It was a bit of a siege and we had to defend a lot of corners.

Re their goal we seem to have lost a few this season through not challenging opposition players advancing just outside our box.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 16:37

There were a few examples of that yesterday. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 16:49

Does anyone know who gets it off the line near the end ? A mind thinking at the time aw it’s go happen then the relief of seeing it being booted away

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 16:50

Effort levels certainly seemed increased in the second half. Always seem to allow people far too much time at the edge of the box, just allowing crosses to be put in etc. hopefully something that will be picked up
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 16:54

Not taking anything away from what was a gritty, battling performance, but on another day a couple of their second half attempts would have found the net and we’d have gone down by the odd goal. I’m still buzzing that we got a win but clearly we’re far from the finished product. I agree with the earlier posters that shutting down attackers before they get a pop at goal is an absolute priority.
On another matter ….. Brian, I presume that the picture quality of the highlights is vastly superior to the PPV version because the latter was broadcast live? But why, with the PPV version do you feel that you’re sitting in Row ZZ and almost unable to see anything in any detail, and with the highlights you’re getting a much closer and clearer view? One thing ……… I would almost swear that McKay was offside for his goal and he obviously thought so when he immediately looked across to the linesman. What do the fans who were there think?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 17:11

That extra time lasted forever...even on the hilghlights!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 17:13

I wasn't at the Game yesterday Yorkie, but like you I thought he was offside, looked at it many times and have decided....I couldn't give a monkeys, we won 1-2🤗🤗🤗

C⚽️Y🏁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 17:19

At least two players playing him onside then playing statues watching the initial shot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 17:26

Well Ladswell, I disagree. You can see that McKay is trying desperately to stay onside in the build-up but when Gardyne shoots I`d say he was definitely ahead of the defenders. And, as I say, watch him look across at the linesman. Yeah, it`s academic, and we got a precious victory, but things like that still rankle.
Were you at the game, by the way?

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 17:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 17:36

If you watch the replay on the highlights he checks his run to stay onside then times his run past our defenders .. I thought onside but close .. but like 1885 who cares .. COYP
eta Thought that Dom`s goal was superb

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 19:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 17:38

Re the first goal - I think it`s Gardyne who steps inside Todd rather easily - you can see he knows he`s at fault and I think Thomas lets him know as well.

McKay is trying to time his run to the moment the shot is hit - he has to expect the ball to come off the [edit] post or the keeper, and if if does, he scores. Because he`s going one direction and the defenders are going the other way, he can look 5 yards offside and it`s not unknown for assistant referees to make mistakes.

The key moment is just before 1.26 on the highlights - I think he`s on, but I can`t freeze it at the exact moment. Happy to give the forward the benefit of the doubt in such cases.

I think it`s Macdonald covering the near post who hoofs it off the line near the end.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 17:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 18:03

Yorkiepar.

Quote:

Brian, I presume that the picture quality of the highlights is vastly superior to the PPV version because the latter was broadcast live? But why, with the PPV version do you feel that you’re sitting in Row ZZ and almost unable to see anything in any detail, and with the highlights you’re getting a much closer and clearer view?

there are a lot of complications as we found out yesterday (as Inverness use same platform as ParsTV).

we have streamed at 720p resolution for most of the time.
Recently our camera was having focus problems. At the last Pars game we had a new camera which solved these issues.

We have been looking at upgrading the system to 1080p output and after testing in recent weeks we used that output yesterday.

however, sometimes peoples connection can`t handle higher bandwidth, so 720 is a good standard that should work for most people.

we are looking to roll out the 1080p resolution in the coming weeks so you should see better resolution. but some people may have to revert to the backup stream at 720p.

there are technical challenges to get this right at all stages of the streaming process.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Nov 18:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Sun 14 Nov 19:55

Thanks again Brian and team. Great to be able to watch a Pars win! Onwards and Upwards now. Well done Pars. Thomas`s goal was a scorcher and deserved to win the game. As stated above, it was backs to the wall in those last 10 minutes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 19:30

Quote:

yorkiepar, Sun 14 Nov 17:26

Well Ladswell, I disagree. You can see that McKay is trying desperately to stay onside in the build-up but when Gardyne shoots I`d say he was definitely ahead of the defenders. And, as I say, watch him look across at the linesman. Yeah, it`s academic, and we got a precious victory, but things like that still rankle.
Were you at the game, by the way?

Wasn't at the game. Not sure why that makes any odds to my opinion 😂

Hopefully the image below works. Think you need to right click and view original. Shows the Inverness player onside.

Post Edited (Mon 15 Nov 21:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Nov 22:03

Your link isn’t working, but fair dos.
The only reason I asked about you being at the game is that the PPV coverage was so bad that it was difficult to be certain of anything. I thought that those at the game might have had a better angle. That’s all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Nov 16:36

I actually watched on the spfl ball tracking camera which was in the main stand.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net