DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Big Yogi`s match preview
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 18 Nov 22:26

https://youtu.be/se5MQz93Vbc

Wee mention for Paul Allen around 8 1/2 minutes

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Big Yogi's match preview
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 18 Nov 23:21

It`s been a while since watching one of these has put me in a good mood, cheers Yogi!

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
 Re: Big Yogi's match preview
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Thu 18 Nov 23:31

If we play half as well as he talks, we`ll be just fine.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Big Yogi`s match preview
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 02:07

Yep, there`s a real feel-good factor around Yogi. He has that Leish charisma, coupled with a fountain of tactical and technical knowledge that so many Pars managers in the recent past have lacked.

I have a strong sense that the planets are beginning to align - the German investment, Yogi becomes manager, the youth academy is established, we set up strategic alliances with other clubs, promotion, and financial security for the club...

All this positivity... that`s not the Pars way!

Where is it going to go wrong???

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 09:11

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 19 Nov 02:07

Yep, there`s a real feel-good factor around Yogi. He has that Leish charisma, coupled with a fountain of tactical and technical knowledge that so many Pars managers in the recent past have lacked.

I have a strong sense that the planets are beginning to align - the German investment, Yogi becomes manager, the youth academy is established, we set up strategic alliances with other clubs, promotion, and financial security for the club...

All this positivity... that`s not the Pars way!

Where is it going to go wrong???

:)

This Saturday knowing us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 09:55

The deification of Hughes continues at a rapid pace.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 10:05

You’ve gotta wonder how the board picked Peter Grant over Yogi

We haven’t even played a game under Yogi & I am already filled with so much more confidence

I have listened to two of his interviews now & if he can inspire the team as much as he has inspired me then the rest of this season, let’s just say……should be interesting

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 10:57

Quote:

DrumRoad, Fri 19 Nov 10:05

You’ve gotta wonder how the board picked Peter Grant over Yogi

We haven’t even played a game under Yogi & I am already filled with so much more confidence

I have listened to two of his interviews now & if he can inspire the team as much as he has inspired me then the rest of this season, let’s just say……should be interesting

To be fair, Peter, like Yogi talks a good game.
The former even hoodwinked our board because of it and even several people on this forum.
The difference, I hope, is Yogi has actually got a CV he can brag about.
If he gets the players onside, they will run through brick walls for him which obviously didn't happen with the other 'good talker' we had.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 11:02

I`m firmly of the "wait & see" mindset.

I`ve always kinda liked John Hughes but it`s way too early to put him on a pedestal yet.

There does seem to be something about him though that would make you want to give that extra bit effort.

We shall see.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 11:14

His interviews are good value but, like all managers, he`ll be judged on results. I suspect there was a lot more positivity about PG`s initial interviews than people are prepared to admit now so let`s see what happens. So far this season going to matches has been a chore rather than a pleasure so let`s hope he can change that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 11:19

I’m trying not to get ahead of myself here but I do like what he has to say. Here’s hoping and I wish him the best. I’m keeping my expectations low. However I do now have more hope of getting out of this mess than I did a few weeks ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 11:45

I'm optimistic with regards to Yogi, however let's calm down a bit.

You had a poster comparing Grant to Stein after the league cup games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 11:52

Topic Originator: Grant
Date: Fri 19 Nov 11:45

“You had a poster comparing Grant to Stein after the league cup games”

Rick Stein………..!

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 12:05

Frankenstein

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 17:49

Not Einstein anyway!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 19:58

I'm not going to get carried away, but realistically I think we'll be playing champions league football within 3 years under Yogi
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 20:15

ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife wrote:

> I'm not going to get carried away, but realistically I
> think we'll be playing champions league football within 3
> years under Yogi

Aye right then PATLOML, you are not getting carried away??? Its that sort of chat that puts unnecessary pressure on the team. Could take another season to get out the championship plus a year to consolidate in the top league. 5 seasons minimum surely.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 19 Nov 23:25

I don’t want to get carried away but at the same time I do. I’ve waited a long time to get a pars manager I could really believe in. Yogi is saying a lot of stuff I believe in myself. About standards, expectations, about what it takes to get us where we need to be. I see a lot of hope in trying to instil a winners mindset into this club. That’s about workrate, commitment, taking responsibility and doing what is necessary. If that becomes a foundation for our club, then we will be a premier league club again sooner or later.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 08:16

Reminds me very much of Leishman. Motivation should not be a problem for players he puts out on the pitch, if it is then they will quickly find themselves out of the team

There does seem to be a bit of a buzz amongst the fan base and I think the BOD have taken a big step in getting fans back onside with the appointment of Yogi

Let’s hope there is a good crowd today who roar the team on to a win which will lift us off the bottom and instil a belief and drive to climb further up the league

For once this season I’m really looking forward to a home match, COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 09:33

Candidly, in my now 33 years of watching the Pars the only time we've had anything approaching sustained levels of "success" or entertainment have been the Leishmania era and Bert/Dick. I'm not counting Calderwood's time as it was built on sand.

Yogi gives me the same feeling as the other two with his approach and beliefs but we'll see in time. We desperately need some kind of plan and by that I mean a shared set of values that the management team, players, fans and board are all bought into. Think we have a chance with the current set up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 10:13

As I said in opening post,
We have one of our own in the team and Yogi points out just that. "Every day you get a surprise, the surprise I got the other day was young Paul Allan, Wow he's a proper footballer, a proper , proper footballer !!!"

Loveing it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 10:16

What we need are wins. Future plans are all well and good but we need to get out the bottom 2 sharpish and stay in this league.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 10:26

I,m in the wait and see camp , it was nice to listen to a manager who was practical and didn,t make rash promises, the was no waffle and use of the blame culture, hopefully this is the right appointment starting today . COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 10:40

Paul Allan must feel unstoppable at the moment. Hearing Yogi speak like that (a very experienced and successful manager) would boost your confidence sky high. This is the most excited I`ve been in a long time about a Pars manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 11:00

Must win game today.

I`m hopeful that Yogi is the answer but to compare him to Norrie and Big Leish 2 Pars legends before he has even managed a game is a bit OTT.

Results will be what defines Yogi`s time at the club.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net