DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sergio Aguero
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Nov 23:00

Rumoured to have retired due to his heart condition. Health comes first. What a player. All the best to him.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sergio Aguero
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 07:37

Yet another top level sportsman with heart issues...no one even blinks.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 08:12

What’s your point, Rasta ?
It’s a shame that he will likely have to call time on his career. Much like Eriksen, the blow will be softened by knowing that he was at the tail end of his career, rather than at the beginning and wealthy enough to be able to afford the best of medical care for himself and financial security for his family.
I suspect these players would have had the same issues whether their professions had have been labourers on a building site, for example?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 21 Nov 08:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 08:25

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 21 Nov 08:12

It’s a shame that he will likely have to call time on his career. Much like Eriksen, the blow will be softened by knowing that he was at the tail end of his career, rather than at the beginning and wealthy enough to be able to afford the best of medical care for himself and financial security for his family.
I suspect these players would have had the same issues whether their professions had have been labourers on a building site, for example?

I'd suggest that these players may have experienced heart problems much earlier had they not been finely tuned athletes. They've only come to our attention because of their celebrity status. I wonder how the %age of athletes with cardiovascular disease compares with that of those who are smokers, obese, have unhealthy lifestyles and poor diets?

I'm surprised at Rasta's insinuation. As a former no mean athlete himself, he must be well aware of the benefits of regular exercise on the heart muscle. Maybe he'll elaborate for us?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 08:27

Quote:

My point us that there are a number of high profile athletes in all kinds of sports collapsing or retiring with heart issues....and it's barely news, I would have thought we'd be looking at why.
You really don't need to get so defensive yeah?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 08:40

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 21 Nov 08:27

Quote:

My point us that there are a number of high profile athletes in all kinds of sports collapsing or retiring with heart issues....and it's barely news, I would have thought we'd be looking at why.

I’m not aware of many? That might be because of my ignorance, but I’d reckon the percentage is tiny?
Im not being defensive, just not sure where you were going with this ?
I would imagine hospitals all over the world will have a ward with people suffering from heart issues?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 08:58

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 21 Nov 08:40

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 21 Nov 08:27

Quote:

I’m not aware of many? That might be because of my ignorance, but I’d reckon the percentage is tiny?
Im not being defensive, just not sure where you were going with this ?
I would imagine hospitals all over the world will have a ward with people suffering from heart issues?

You don't have to look far for examples.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 09:04

Clearly improved testing and reporting will make this stuff seem more apparent.

I'm sure that the benefits of exercise far outweigh the downsides for professional sports people. That being said, I'm sure that there are some practices that have a negative effect on health.

It is, unfortunately, a fact of life that people get ill.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 09:06

A lot of heart conditions go unnoticed until the heart is put under pressure during exercise. People can live their whole lives without knowing they’ve been living with certain conditions. If you have one of these conditions, extreme exercise is the worst thing you can do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 10:51

Quote:

allparone, Sun 21 Nov 09:06

A lot of heart conditions go unnoticed until the heart is put under pressure during exercise. People can live their whole lives without knowing they’ve been living with certain conditions. If you have one of these conditions, extreme exercise is the worst thing you can do.

I would imagine elite athletes will be subjected to regular, stringent tests to rule out any congenital defects before they can become an issue?

It needn't always be bad news for the athlete. I remember an 18 year old Nwanko Kanu being told by Inter that his football career was over due to a hole in the heart, but he then carved out a good career for himself with Arsenal.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 11:06

Yes, especially these days. It’s maybe why it appears that there are more elite level athletes with heart conditions because they are tested more than any other group. It could be down to working the heart too much. Is there such a thing as too much exercise being bad for you? I have a mate who had to give up professional football about 20 years ago due to a heart condition. The first he knew about it was when he collapsed during pre season training. Sports Science and health checks weren’t then what they are now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 11:23

I think Asa Hartford had a full career with a heart condition although a big money transfer fell through.

Maybe the monitoring systems they have now pick up more abnormalities, the wee matchbox size monitor on the rear collar of the shirt must transmit all kinds of info.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 11:39

I blame Pfizer......

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 12:17

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 21 Nov 11:39

I blame Pfizer......

You're not allowed to for at least 55 years in US...

I blame money personally.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Nov 12:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 15:06

A phenomenal player . Tragic news for the lad. Some of the comments are disgusting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 15:34

Perhaps Rasta was alluding to the fact that Sergio Aguero tested positive for covid back in January.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 16:00

He is alluding to the anti-Covid vax theory that taking the vaccine increases likelihood of myocarditis…..because everything bad that happens is because of the jab.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 16:39

Oh I have no doubt that he’ll be using the misfortune of another human to further his own agenda while failing to provide any sort of factual evidence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 16:57

Aguero was diagnosed with this heart irregularity as a teenager.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 17:17

I touched on this on another thread, I'm not talking about the jab but the pursuit of riches, physically and mentally soprts men and women are pushing well beyond what they would have a couple of decades ago.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 17:45

“People can live their whole lives without knowing they’ve been living with certain conditions. “

This is unquestionably true - I know this from personal experience. I visited hospital for an unrelated minor issue. The doc said out the blue: “You have a serious heart murmur. You need to see a cardiologist pronto.” After a couple of years of careful monitoring I underwent open heart surgery for a defective heart valve.

I was totally asymptomatic, no idea there was any sort of issue. It’s scary stuff but I imagine that elite sports people are now routinely tested for such things.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 18:51

You have a point Rasta, the game is something like 15 % faster than it was less than 2 decades ago, that combined with the sheer extra volume of high level games (internationals, and the never ending European competitions) especially when there is not much of a recovery probably pushes the body to extremes.

Footballers fitness that is needed is high speed in short burst continuously for ninety minutes, you almost never see teams tiring now. It`s got to take its toll.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 19:41

Last time I checked none of these multi million pound players were forced to play football

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 20:14

Quote:

neils, Sun 21 Nov 18:51

You have a point Rasta, the game is something like 15 % faster than it was less than 2 decades ago, that combined with the sheer extra volume of high level games (internationals, and the never ending European competitions) especially when there is not much of a recovery probably pushes the body to extremes.

Footballers fitness that is needed is high speed in short burst continuously for ninety minutes, you almost never see teams tiring now. It`s got to take its toll.

I'm also talking about doing all that then media duties...then turning up to be motion captured for Fifa 22...then interviews...then endorsement obligations and diet then rest, train, play, film an advert...
Crazy when you break it down..

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net