DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ole Gunnar Solskjær Sacked....
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 11:12

....I’m hearing that Peter Grant has not submitted his CV.

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjær Sacked....
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 11:26

Why would he? If he did it would blow everyone else’s out the water

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 12:07

Watch as they start producing results for the incoming new guy. Elite professional footballers indeed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 12:19

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 21 Nov 12:07

Watch as they start producing results for the incoming new guy. Elite professional footballers indeed

This argument never makes sense. If all managers were equal and players are the problem then why do we even bother looking at the CVs of managers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 12:24

Was coming for a while to be honest Man U have been woeful of late

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 13:12

he had to go united right now are full off overpayed posers and bringing ronaldo in was a disaster another big ego into the club

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 18:33

Quote:

jake89, Sun 21 Nov 12:19

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 21 Nov 12:07

This argument never makes sense. If all managers were equal and players are the problem then why do we even bother looking at the CVs of managers?

We don't.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 08:52

Brendan Rogers was a name that was being mentioned as his successor. Hope not, while he won everything in Scotland, with little competition, his record in Europe is appalling.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 09:05

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 22 Nov 08:52

Brendan Rogers was a name that was being mentioned as his successor. Hope not, while he won everything in Scotland, with little competition, his record in Europe is appalling.

He's still a good manager all the same, but why would he want to put himself in such a high pressure job? Expectations at Leicester are much lower than at OT and he's delivered the FA Cup for the first time in their history. Only Claudio Ranieri can top that. He's well paid and safe in the job. All he needs to do is keep the Foxes in the top half of the PL and perhaps make the last 8 of the FA Cup. He's on record as saying he's happy with his employers and the squad.

Why give that up to be inevitably sacked 18-24 months from now?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 09:18

Rodgers is a good manager but he’s also a smooth talker and has an alleged massive ego. If Man Utd want someone who will get the beat out of young players and go back to the traditional Man Utd way then there is no better candidate than Pochetino.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 10:38

Quote:

General Zod, Mon 22 Nov 09:18

Rodgers is a good manager but he’s also a smooth talker and has an alleged massive ego. If Man Utd want someone who will get the beat out of young players and go back to the traditional Man Utd way then there is no better candidate than Pochetino.

A massive ego is the only reason he might be tempted to take the job. He's not exactly on a living wage minimum at the King Power. There may also be his Liverpool sacking at the back of his mind. He'd be able to compete with the other elite on a much more equal footing than with Leicester.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 10:47

It won`t be Rogers and for that I`m grateful. The guy bottled it at the end of last season and gifted Liverpool/Chelsea a top four finish. Looking increasingly likely it will be Pochetino. Not overly excited by that prospect as the guy has yet to win anything and failed to win the league at PSG last season. He does have a good record at developing young talent into first team regulars though and Utd have some young players who will be the games superstars in a few years of handled correctly.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 10:51

I don't know if it's too early but if Fans want to play the Man U way, Brighton manager Graham Potter is the way to go.
I'm sure I heard yesterday that they only want an interim Manager until end of season.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 11:01

How funny would it be if they want Giovanni van Bronckhorst

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 13:44

Ronald Koeman would be my choice. Whoever it is make no mistake Manchester United are finished as a top level club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 13:51

£7.5 million compensation!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 14:36

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 22 Nov 13:44

Ronald Koeman would be my choice. Whoever it is make no mistake Manchester United are finished as a top level club.

Nonsense

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 14:49

As much as it pains me to say it.... Man U are a top club but they need a great manager to sort them out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 19:16

I read today that Harry McGuire was set to miss the Chelsea game because of his recent red card but Chelsea are likely to appeal!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 19:21

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 22 Nov 19:16

I read today that Harry McGuire was set to miss the Chelsea game because of his recent red card but Chelsea are likely to appeal!!!

:):):):)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 20:41

Even better news is that Brucey Bonus is favourite for the interim manager's job. That should ensure United avoid relegation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 08:37

🤣🤣🤣🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 09:34

They blew it not bringing in Conte when they had the chance. The only other manager I think they could attract that would do incredible things would be Ten Hag. He would need a few years to turn it round but what he has done with Ajax is incredible. They can challenge anyone in the Champions League on their day with a fraction of the budget. Zidane would be a disaster and I think he knows it, hence why he ruled himself out.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Nov 09:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 10:09

Quote:

RossF, Tue 23 Nov 09:34

They blew it not bringing in Conte when they had the chance. The only other manager I think they could attract that would do incredible things would be Ten Hag. He would need a few years to turn it round but what he has done with Ajax is incredible. They can challenge anyone in the Champions League on their day with a fraction of the budget. Zidane would be a disaster and I think he knows it, hence why he ruled himself out.

Conte is as similarly hard headed as Mourinho. It's either his way or the high way. We all know how it went with Jose - he was never going to be a good fit at OT.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 08:36

That`s perhaps what United need GG. I wouldn`t say he`s anywhere near as bad as Mourinho in that sense but Ole was too nice - some players clearly room the p*Ed but someone like Conte would clear out all of the hangers on and bring in players who actually care. I`d cut my losses with Maguire for a start. Absolute bombscare of a player.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 08:40

Quote:

RossF, Wed 24 Nov 08:36

That`s perhaps what United need GG. I wouldn`t say he`s anywhere near as bad as Mourinho in that sense but Ole was too nice - some players clearly room the p*Ed but someone like Conte would clear out all of the hangers on and bring in players who actually care. I`d cut my losses with Maguire for a start. Absolute bombscare of a player.

Yea, Ole far too nice to be dealing with the likes of Pogba. £90m for a talented troublemaker. ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 10:55

Glad Utd didn`t get Conte. A bit like the perception of Pogba, he`s a talented manager but he`s obviously a bit of a troublemaker. Only got to look at his over the top celebrations when his side beat a struggling Leeds on Sunday. That was for the fans. It was saying `look how passionate I am for the cause and how much I care. Remember that when I fall out with the owners because they won`t give me everything I want`.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 13:14

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 24 Nov 10:55

Glad Utd didn`t get Conte. A bit like the perception of Pogba, he`s a talented manager but he`s obviously a bit of a troublemaker. Only got to look at his over the top celebrations when his side beat a struggling Leeds on Sunday. That was for the fans. It was saying `look how passionate I am for the cause and how much I care. Remember that when I fall out with the owners because they won`t give me everything I want`.

I think I'd take Conte over Jose any day of the week. There's no doubt he'll up sticks if the owners don't accede to his demands, but he's a winner and better at managing his squad. You might not be far off the mark with your assessment, TOWK. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:09

In two years, I would say Ange Postecoglou, but he probably will have the Liverpool job by then...

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net