DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Darren Young
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 22:28

East Fife and their manager Darren Young have parted ways tonight after their defeat to Clyde sees them 5 points adrift at the foot of the League 1 table. (Thanks TOWK).

It’s a big loss imo. He was the fans’ favourite.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/international/east-fife-part-ways-with-manager-darren-young-3466116

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Sun 21 Nov 23:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Darren Young
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 22:45

League One table Buffy.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 21 Nov 23:11

Enter Peter Grant.

Only joking. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, even they dirty Falkirk bassas!

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 01:06

Quote:

buffy, Sun 21 Nov 22:28

East Fife and their manager Darren Young have parted ways tonight after their defeat to Clyde sees them 5 points adrift at the foot of the League 1 table. (Thanks TOWK).

It’s a big loss imo. He was the fans’ favourite.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/international/east-fife-part-ways-with-manager-darren-young-3466116

Fans favourite? No round my way he wasn’t most east fife fans I know wanted him punted ages ago

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 10:47

Good job we got Yogi in before he became available

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 10:50

I live in Leven and can assure you the majority of the fans will back this decision.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 22 Nov 11:24

Yes as far as I’m aware that will be an almost universally popular decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 16:13

Darren was one of the longest serving managers in the SPFL and had been touted for the Pars job on here.

Why had the fans turned against him? (Assuming they were ever for him.) Was it the usual story of poor results, being bottom of the division and the board feeling the need to do something? (I wonder if it’s any easier to sack a manager after 5 years or 5 months?) Looking at the last 20 years (or even the last 50) it seems hard to argue that the Fife have underperformed over Darren’s tenure.

Taking a wider perspective (and this may belong more on the politics forum) there have been a few major sociologic, economic and industry changes over the last 70 years or so. For example

• Migration from the cities to the new towns
• De-industrialisation and economic change
• Better road links, and further migration to suburbs and dormitory towns.

As far as football is concerned, I think the big changes are

• Constant tinkering with the league structure for no discernible reason other than to try make the rich clubs richer
• The increasing influence of Television, and its net effect of making rich clubs richer
• The introduction of clubs from the Highland League into the SPFL
• The introduction of a pyramid structure and consequent tsunami of ex-junior clubs swamping the lower echelons.

I’m not sure any of these developments has helped clubs like East Fife – I wonder what they see as their future?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 16:33

East Fife are a well run club, decent enough support and an extra income in the stadium and hospitality, I don`t think they have too much to be worried.

It`s Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers who look like dead men walking. Cowden have to pay to hire Central Park, and have the lowest support.

I have a fondness for Cowdenbeath, and have been many times, but I can`t see how they can survive.

I think the pyramid is an excellent idea, and clubs will find their level eventually, I do not see a tsunami of Junior clubs coming up, not many are truly set up-but it does give a much needed incentive to improve facilities etc.

I`m against closed shops, ultimately no club has a right to remain where they are.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 17:21

Central Park is a hovel. The likes of Kelty have better facilities these days. It's a real shame as Cowdenbeath is a decent sized town with a stadium close to the railway station. Can't say I've ever been that fond of them as a club but I wouldn't wish I'll on another club, even Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 21:34

Honestly don't know how Cowdenbeath survive. Poor crowds,and a terrible stadium, if you can call it that.Would still not like to see them drop,but they have dodged the bullet, a few times.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 22:09

I think the fact that a lot of people from Cowdenbeath go and watch The Pars or Old Firm does not help them. I can`t understand how people can forgo their local team to go and watch a bigger club!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net