DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Questions for the SC Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:07

Please post your questions underneath. One question per poster thanks.

I will endeavour to ask as many as possible but please be aware that i may not be able to.

I will reply on the main thread as soon as they become available.

Please don’t add your questions to the main updates thread - it’s easier to have them separately so I don’t miss anything.

Please also be respectful- inappropriate questions / comments will not be addressed (unless I’ve had a few glasses o wine first and they come fae me!).

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for the SC Meeting
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:15

Does our new manager have any plans to try and offload players PG signed that he sees no reason to keep them?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:22

I’m hopeful they might provide an update on the training ground. Therefore, could you please ask the following from me:

Have we moved away from the signing policy or bringing in younger players and playing them, to help them progress and attempt to sell them on for profit? None of the younger players signed this year have been given a chance, other than Ross Graham and the board sanctioned the loan of a 29 year old, so that Grant didn’t have to play any of the 3 young defenders he brought in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:11

Why did the board approach Peter Grant in summer without interviewing other candidates such as our current manager Yogi Hughes who was available and had a track record of success in football management whereas Peter Grant hasn't really had any success in a first team managers position and didn't even apply for the job?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:16

Is there a possibility to change the goal nets to new, white ones. Not sure about everyone else but they are almost invisible in their current state

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:17

par-91 wrote:

>I’m hopeful they might provide an update on the training ground. Therefore, >could you please ask the following from me:

>Have we moved away from the signing policy or bringing in younger players and >playing them, to help them progress and attempt to sell them on for profit? >None of the younger players signed this year have been given a chance, other >than Ross Graham and the board sanctioned the loan of a 29 year old, so that >Grant didn’t have to play any of the 3 young defenders he brought in.

What players are you referring to? Ross Graham is on loan….

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:28

Quote:

DRreturns, Wed 24 Nov 12:17

par-91 wrote:

>I’m hopeful they might provide an update on the training ground. Therefore, >could you please ask the following from me:

>Have we moved away from the signing policy or bringing in younger players and >playing them, to help them progress and attempt to sell them on for profit? >None of the younger players signed this year have been given a chance, other >than Ross Graham and the board sanctioned the loan of a 29 year old, so that >Grant didn’t have to play any of the 3 young defenders he brought in.

What players are you referring to? Ross Graham is on loan….

Peter Grant signed Leon Jones and Rhys Breen, as well as bringing in Graham on loan. Then brought in a 29 year old on loan, to avoid having to play any of them.

Edit to add: you can also add Paul Allan doing well in the league cup, then signing Reece Cole and Dan Pybus to play ahead of him. Now Grant’s gone, Allan and Todd seem to be ahead of both of them in the pecking order. Grant wasn’t interested in playing younger players/helping them improve. I thought that’s what the club was meant to be trying to do.

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 12:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:28

Will there be a budget to bring in players in January and possibly a coach known to Yogi (if he is looking to bring in one?). Also, speaking of coaches, are we looking to bring in a goalkeeping coach rather having our first choice keeper taking it?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:36

Does JH regret leaving the Banana Splits & would there be a re-union in the future?

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 12:55

Can the club please provide some clarity on the absence of Lewis Martin, Reece Cole and Leon Jones?

There is nothing to suggest any of them have officially left the club yet they have not been near the first team squad for a number of weeks (or in Lewis`s case - months - is he still injured).

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 12:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 13:04

Steep prices, hiring Peter Grant, and the board`s statement in October have alienated a large proportion of our fanbase. The acquisition of John Hughes has been a coup and certainly improved the mood, but how do the board intend on getting the full fanbase back onside to get attendances up given that promotion challenge is unlikely?

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 13:04

To ask for some clarity around Lewis Martin, the last update I am sure we heard was from SC in regards to him being injured, but with no idea to what the injury is/was. There are reports that he is no longer with the club? Other reports saying he is on a short term deal?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 13:16

"Peter Grant signed Leon Jones and Rhys Breen, as well as bringing in Graham on loan. Then brought in a 29 year old on loan, to avoid having to play any of them."

Breen was injured at the time, Connolly came in to replace the outgoing Watson and not because he was trying to "avoid having to play any of them" imo.

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 13:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 13:56

What kind of improvements do the new directors feel need to be made to East End Park? Catering, the PA system, heating, lighting, car parking etc. have all been mentioned in the past.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 13:57

Unlikey that anyone at the club will comment on specific players having been signed etc or indeed discussion about selling/releasing certain players at a fan forum without having had discussions with players in advance. Club stance will be everyone has a clean slate under the new manager to impress and stake a claim.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 14:01

"Steep prices, hiring Peter Grant, and the board`s statement in October have alienated a large proportion of our fanbase. The acquisition of John Hughes has been a coup and certainly improved the mood, but how do the board intend on getting the full fanbase back onside to get attendances up given that promotion challenge is unlikely?"

Don`t think the comments alienated fans, there was initial backlash as it seemed like fans were targetting for booing post QOTS but reality was statement alluded to the abhorrent personal and threating abuse Mr McArthur and his family had suffered by some individual fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 14:36

What do the board and owners think of the current match day experience at EEP? What can you tell us from the German experience that could be brought over here? Other than results on the park, do you feel anything else could be done to make it somewhere that people look forward to going?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 14:52

Catering and pa system need to be addressed,i can`t speak for other parts of the ground but pa in main stand is terrible can`t make out what is said.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 15:41

Turnstiles, season ticket barcode readers in the Norrie McCathie do not always work when cards are presented. Is any plan in place to upgrade or replace the current system that Security Staff have to override every matchday. On the odd occasion family groups have been separated with young supporters either stranded inside or outside the Stadium. Other times queueing occurs which in inclement weather is most annoying.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 15:53

Dunfermline Athletic has the cushion of the Centenary Club Lifeline, which brings in about £240,000 a year before deductions. Given the change in the ownership structure, is it not time to reconsider this scheme, which lends itself more to charity than to a private commercial enterprise? While recognising that one doesn`t want to kill the golden goose, could a well-organised club membership scheme replace the Lifeline and provide the foundation for a sustainable long-term financial income stream?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:11

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Wed 24 Nov 12:11

Why did the board approach Peter Grant in summer without interviewing other candidates such as our current manager Yogi Hughes who was available and had a track record of success in football management whereas Peter Grant hasn't really had any success in a first team managers position and didn't even apply for the job?

Yogi wasn’t available and didn’t apply. I asked him that exact question last Thursday at Alloa.

Hopefully you ask that tonight as 100% you’ll get the same answer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:29

There were interviews, by various members of the board, prior to the season stating with regards to why Peter Grant was chosen.

There was then a statement by the board, post QoS defeat, explaining why he wasn`t being sacked, how we`d focused on tightening up the defence and saying that results would, of course, have to improve.

We then shipped 4 goals to Arbroath a few games later, having been 2-0 up, and still without a win, and he was sacked.

The questions have literally been asked and answered. Anyone asking them tonight is doing so because they either don`t like the answers or just wants to vent.

I wouldn`t have appointed Grant in the first place. When he did get the job, I would have got rid of him earlier than we did. However, I can get any more upset about it by manufacturing a narrative that I`m completely in the dark about how it all happened.

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 16:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:30

Can you ask about the current match day experience. The prices in legends/Charlie d’s are too high. No food being sold compared with previous seasons, closing after matches for functions etc (not happened this season but had previously). How can they improve it? Sky or BT on tv would help but understand the cost is very high. 50/50 ticket sellers walking past tables which can impact people buying. Likewise with hospitality, what’s the chances after covid of getting players in after the match. This used to happen but stopped years ago so it’s not covid related.

Thanks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:39

I deeply regret not saying “in ten words or less”!

I know I can type for Scotland but cmon eh 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:54

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 24 Nov 16:29

There were interviews, by various members of the board, prior to the season starting with regards to why Peter Grant was chosen.

There was then a statement by the board, post QoS defeat, explaining why he wasn`t being sacked, how we`d focused on tightening up the defence and saying that results would, of course, have to improve.

We then shipped 4 goals to Arbroath a few games later, having been 2-0 up, and still without a win, and he was sacked.

The questions have literally been asked and answered. Anyone asking them tonight is doing so because they either don`t like the answers or just wants to vent.

Or the answers given were just odd, praising Grant for how he did against us last season when it was literally our only away win just doesn't stack up.

I could buy a house in Kabul, and then say I've bought it because the city is pretty hospitable, just because I've given a reason doesn't mean I won't then get questioned on the logic if it doesn't stack up.

Reasons were given, but there wasn't exactly an open dialog on the process was there? The question of what was so impressive about Grant that we didn't interview anyone else hasn't been answered afaik.

I can fully understand why some fans want some answers, providing they're framed respectfully I'm sure the board will answer in kind, I don't see what's so controversial about it really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: simo  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:55

Spot on DA-go

Why waste tonight going over old ground covered plenty of times by the club. Yeah you might not like the answer but it is what it is. They rectified the recruitment faux pas by doing a robust process this time. Let’s move on.

Hamish French.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:56

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 24 Nov 15:53

Dunfermline Athletic has the cushion of the Centenary Club Lifeline, which brings in about £240,000 a year before deductions. Given the change in the ownership structure, is it not time to reconsider this scheme, which lends itself more to charity than to a private commercial enterprise? While recognising that one doesn`t want to kill the golden goose, could a well-organised club membership scheme replace the Lifeline and provide the foundation for a sustainable long-term financial income stream?

The Lifeline isn't a cushion though it's an integral part of the clubs finances to the extent it's even called out in the Annual Reports as being vital to the functioning of the club. I'm not sure what the difference between a donation scheme and membership scheme would be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:00

Is it planned to open up the middle part of the NW stand again and when is the east stand going to be available again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:15

"I could buy a house in Kabul, and then say I`ve bought it because the city is pretty hospitable, just because I`ve given a reason doesn`t mean I won`t then get questioned on the logic if it doesn`t stack up."

The logic did stand up though, far more credibly than your Kabul analogy anyway. Alloa set up against us in a way that worked well - we were lucky to win 4-1 against them, very lucky to win 2-1 and then lost the last game.

Grant has played and worked at big clubs and within the national team set-up, he`s seemingly got a good reputation as a coach - I think Alloa got in some decent loan players pre-Covid especially, when it was easier e.g. Scott Banks - he`s very enthusiastic, we share training facilities with Alloa so had first hand testimony - and maybe experience - of how well he worked with the players etc, etc.

It was one out of left field for sure, but everything has and can be explained, and now he`s gone. He didn`t win a game in 13, so he obviously did very badly, but I am not sure what revelation anyone expects to hear by dwelling on it tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:20

I have a spare ticket for the meeting as I am unable to go, would email to anyone interested
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:28

In addition to all of that folk seem to have airbrushed out the 19/20 season where he took Ayr to 8th and avoided relegation ahead of clubs with bigger resources than Alloa.

They then lost their top scorer and also their best player and had a few injuries and even as they went down they picked up a few decent results. He's well regarded as a coach and also got a glowing reference from the Alloa chairman as a mamager.

He wouldn't have been my choice and it's obviously not worked out but the board were obviously impressed with the quality of football he was playing and their performances relative to resources. To top it off he was available and in budget.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:29

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 24 Nov 17:15

"I could buy a house in Kabul, and then say I`ve bought it because the city is pretty hospitable, just because I`ve given a reason doesn`t mean I won`t then get questioned on the logic if it doesn`t stack up."

The logic did stand up though, far more credibly than your Kabul analogy anyway. Alloa set up against us in a way that worked well - we were lucky to win 4-1 against them, very lucky to win 2-1 and then lost the last game.

Sorry but I disagree, I don't think we were lucky in either game we won, and indeed the 2-1 game showed Alloa up for the problems that seemed persistent whenever I seen them, they were happy to knock the ball about without creating much, if any chances.

Our one defeat was the last game of the season where we put out a different lineup and had both eyes firmly on the playoffs, and of course this is all in the context that Alloa were very comfortably relegated. To say they set up well doesn't add up? Again, we literally had one away win all season, and it was against Alloa, that isn't them setting up well.

The Kabul anology was hyperbolic, to say that the logic stacked up though is a blatent re writing of history, the reaction on here, on social media and amongst every pars fan I knew was testament to the logic not stacking up, reasons were given, however they didn't placate the fanbase because the reasons given didn't make sense.

Edited to add - I'm not going to take the topic further off topic about the rights and wrongs of Peter Grant, I just don't think it's that controversial a question providing it's asked in the correct manner.

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 17:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:47

PARAdise if the ticket is still going spare i`d happily take it.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:57

Where do you see the club in 5 years time, and what are the biggest barriers to achieving these plans?

Also, there is limited time to get some info from these guys tonight on why us and what their grand plan is. Hopefully it doesn`t get hi-jacked with questions on small issues or rants about PG...

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 17:59

Why has Sammy not been at games this season? May seem trivial but the younger Pars fans miss him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:07

We want oor Sammy back!!

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:08

Quote:

Kdy Par, Wed 24 Nov 17:59

Why has Sammy not been at games this season? May seem trivial but the younger Pars fans miss him.

Tbf I think that's quite a good question!

What time do the doors open and is there an opportunity to grab a brew?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:13

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Wed 24 Nov 16:11

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Wed 24 Nov 12:11

Yogi wasn’t available and didn’t apply. I asked him that exact question last Thursday at Alloa.

Hopefully you ask that tonight as 100% you’ll get the same answer.

It still doesn't answer the first part though does it? I'm sure lots of people applied for the job.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:23

Quote:

Pitch is a red zone. No ballpersons, no mascot, no Samuel.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:36

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Wed 24 Nov 18:23

Quote:

Pitch is a red zone. No ballpersons, no mascot, no Samuel.

How can all the other teams have there mascots at games?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:41

Would anyone like to ask a question to our new manager? There’s a distinct lack of that subject!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:21

Can you ask how much the new investors paid for their 75.1% of the club please.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:23

Will Ross reconsider his decision to step back at the end of the season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:32

I'd be interested to ask our new board members if there are any plans for us to adopt any club values or guiding principles like St Pauli have. Is there anything they have learned from St Pauli that could be implemented here?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:33

Quote:

incognito, Wed 24 Nov 19:21

Can you ask how much the new investors paid for their 75.1% of the club please.

Behave.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:57

Topic Originator: buffy like | nolike
Date: Wed 24 Nov 18:41

Would anyone like to ask a question to our new manager? There’s a distinct lack of that subject!

Does he have any budget for January? Would he like to strengthen any particular part of the squad?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:13

Quote:

BA, Wed 24 Nov 20:57

Topic Originator: buffy like | nolike
Date: Wed 24 Nov 18:41

Does he have any budget for January? Would he like to strengthen any particular part of the squad?

Depending on Breen’s injury, he is looking at another centre half

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net