DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:41

Just waiting on folk coming in.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:49

I`ve been put on a side table in the purvis suite - perfect target for those who have brought rotten fruit and veg!

I just hope Yogi hasn`t had beans for his tea - as I`ll be sitting doon wind, if ye catch ma drift

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:07

Yogi has just arrived - asking if he`s going to be the first karaoke singer lol

It`s going to be one of they nights....

Drew Main taking the lead mic.

Meeting starts

Welcome to the purvis suite - on the board and i am the supporters liaison officer. Clearly its a long time to get everyone together and to see such a good turnout.

It will be an informative evening.

Quick introductions
Billy Braisby
Ross McArthur
Nick Teller
Yogi Hughes
John Hunter too

Ross :
Good evening, as Drew said there wil be a club update - questions to the board before we go on to the football q and a with the manager.

it has been two years since the last meeting - a pretty bizarre time - things I want to address, to be open and transparent as I can, cover the last few months, explain the last couple of seasons, a number of things behind the scenes including some very positive news.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:10

You’re judged by results and despite hard work diligence and Peter Grant has all these things. What he’s done since he left the club I could tell you lots.

It’s easy to blame the manager. It’s important that everyone takes a step back, try and repair things and look forward.

Retracing our steps - every year is a challenge. For the size of the club especially with the last two especially with Covid.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:32

Apologies for the long pauses in between - the adverts on the site are slowing my netbook down.

Ross talking about the Hibs medical assistant who has been brought in to help the squad.

Sadly we had to replace Peter as manager but we are delighted to accommodate John as his successor.

Going back - the covid pandemic has caused havoc everywhere. So much uncertainty. Income and revenue streams were decimated.

In terms of putting budgets together - we had to act swiftly - to reduce costs to a bare minimum and engather any funding and outside income.

Grants, furlough, Support the Pars initiative, we had to go to the stadium company, shareholders, to forego the rent to secure the club going forward. During that period of added grief, I started my service on the SPFL board; at the moment the staff are still following the strict protocols, like we all are.

If we get an outbreak and it decimates the playing squad then it affects the play on the park.

Working together having some bonding, the players were not able to come together to work. Peter never had an opportunity to speak to the fans, where John can.

It has been really challenging, move the training facility to a secure environment - went to Alloa, good relationship with mike Mulraney. We had to move from Kelty as the council were threatening to close their training down.

Despite all these protocols we had three covid outbreaks - from partners of players - they go home, two of the players` wives were pregnant, and one is a nursery nurse. it was problematic - for all clubs - just giving you an idea of how hard it has been.

Horrible experience going out with no fans, too.

Very very important things to highlight - significant news.

Keep doing the same thing - get the right result. Not enough support from existing shareholders- spoke to people all over the world, America, Asia, Europe. Had to get outside financial help; we had to pull back from some as they weren;t the right people for the club. Introduced in 2019 with the German group - DAFC Fussball GmbH.

At the time to take a controlling interest in March 2020 of 75% - we couldnt complete the deal,. We worked on, the guys were impressed, navigated the covid pandemic, had an arrangement and took 30% equity of the club.


100% is equity in the club, not owned.
Change to structure of the club - my resignation unsettles the agreement, that the GmbH would take 45% as part of that agreement as chairman I was to stay on. As a consequence of that the group could have walked away and not invested the rest. But they didn`t. There was cause for concern especially the abuse directed at the board and to myself. I don`t want my decision to harm the club in any way; what we have done is agreed solution. A better solution all round:

Hand over to a new CEO - I will help drive team matters til end of
GmbH will continue to put in all funds - but will not seek to take immediate control. The second investment

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 19:43

To sum up - the future for our club is bright. So many positive things happening - the start to this season was not what we wanted, very disappointing, but we have a new manager to take us to better places. Two games have been excellent, unite as Pars fans, when we do, and that happens, when we all pull in the same direction, it takes some stopping.

John when we went through the appointment process, we spoke to Chairmen, directors. John was head and shoulders above everyone else. He has given us the fresh impetus and he is a shrewd football coach and manager and we are absolutely delighted he is here.

That`s what we have to do - division and abuse will only help our competitors - we have to move this club forward; we have to be patient; a lot of the infrastructure will take time; we have to do it in bite size chunks to take the club forward.

Happy to go to questions for the board -

1. Training ground - what happens to the gym
A - lease the gym out to a new business; publicly try and get rental income into the club; that would be the plan when the gym gets moved down, addiitional revenue for the club.

2. Q Thanks for everything you have done, Ross, we do appreciate it.
Rosyth are going to be part of the new training ground too?
A Once we got all the facts and it wouldn`t work, it will be just for Dunfermline. For our purposes.

3. Q I know that the Civil Service Club is quite a big site - are you actually taking on that building and renovating?
A Yes. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this huge building, a delay, hoped to complete a number of months ago.
We hope to get the team in to it as soon as possible. How we renovate will become apparent over the next few weeks.

4. Q Youth Academy - why did the club feel they needed their own one rather than stay with Fife Elite?
A at the time we came out of administration and the academy idea was stopped. We then put together with other clubs how things were to be done and we had to make commitments.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:00

4. Q How much better off is the club going to be than it is right now?
A we have worked on a management plan, we pay Alloa to use their facilities, the Academy means the financial impact will be greater but more community classes etc will increase. Investment is dealing with this.

Income coming back into the gym, we can`t commit ourselves way in and put our club back years which was out of control.

5. Q Educational issues - new fife college campus, 2024 any relaitonship there?
A Have you seen my press release?
yes, we will be having educational classes, interns to help with the club, match analysis, use that resource, things we are working on at the moment but it will take time.

Every piece of ground in Dunfermline we have been scouring to find something.

6.Q Totally understand your reasons for standing down but do you intend to stay on as a board member as it would be a shame for this club to lose your experience?
A Yes I do intend to stand down completely, My own reasons, quite emotional for me, but I have told Nick, Thomas and the board but I will be around for their questions and advice, and be back in the NW. The

7.Q Thomas` role - what is his role as a sporting director / board member?
A In due course John will touch on the interraction - thomas is a director to support the football club, how to operate, the resources, role is to support the manager, the backroom staff, look at recruitment, analysis of matches, etc.John wouldn`t be here if Thomas was picking the team (ooft!) LOL
We all have opinions on football, so that`s another thing I`ve done is to support all the managers and they still pick up the phone; it`s important to deal with prople in the right way.

8. Q What are the possibilities of German talent coming into the club?
A When we first spoke to the gmbh the idea was to utilise Thomas` contacts in Europe but Brexit put paid to that. There is a points system to get a visa. John saying AYE lol. Being on the SPFL board, there is a lot of lobbying getting done, to get this over the line. Celtic and Rangers whole market was based on Europe so that is all gone.

Hopefully January ---- I cant say any more.

9. Q Are we still open to taking kids from other boys` clubs?
A The Pars Foundation take 2-11, East End Boys are a feeder to the youth academy, but someone at 11 might not get into the academy but someone at 13-14 might be. Someone to run alongside that, playing against local clubs, there could be crossover so that we don`t lose out.

Over to Nick.

Ross is / has been / is hugely important for this club; when we first met, 25 October 2019, and I can pretty much say that we would not have been involved here if he had not been involved. We were looking to invest in a club, we came across most people in football, in Europe, Asia etc.

When we met it was clear that we had the same values, the same approach, it was a breath of fresh air. The full board and everyone we met we felt entirely com

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:05

A break for everyone - and my fingers.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:18

Really appreciate you doing these updates.

Can I clarify something? Was the answer to the training ground question that it will now be DAFC only and no Rosyth FC?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:32

Quote:

buffy, Wed 24 Nov 19:32
Not enough support from existing shareholders- spoke to people all over the world, America, Asia, Europe. Had to get outside financial help; we had to pull back from some as they weren;t the right people for the club. Introduced in 2019 with the German group - DAFC Fussball GmbH.


What were the chances of that? Sounds like we were made for each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference



[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:50

Thanks Buffy for the updates.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 20:58

Steven Mill has appeared

John Hughes:

I am honoured and privileged to be the manager of Dunfermline Athletic. We all know where we should be, a sleeping giant, we want to be back in the top flight, the whole place to be rocking and it is my job to do that. The building blocks have to be put in place. Fingers crossed, fasten your seatbelts and hopefully it will be a great success.

SM - You interviewing the board - you were blown away by the vision.
JH - it was the vision of the club; I`ve done my due diligence, the training facility, the squad that is here, lacking a bit of confidence because of results, but a good ambition.

Q - Play for the jersey - is that your ambition?
A - When you said YouTube I thought you meant me taking my clothes off (that`s me scarlet - lol)
Im hoping that even in defeat the supporters will applaud us off the pitch; but that there is improvement and ambition. They have set the standard now, the identity; you have to be able to conduct yourselves professionally and part of Dunfermline Athletic football club. We are privileged and you have to respect that.It`s the same message, and the standards we all have. Step through the door and be part of it. Hopefully we keep doing and winning football matches.

Were you surprised when you went into training by the quality of the squad?
A yes. Im a Working class background, match made in heaven, the coaches are there at Alloa, toast jam and taking them by the hand, train on a fantastic surface, this is privilege and you have to make sure that you are appreciating everything that is happening. It all starts on the training ground - the high standards, the demand, the type of football on display on Saturday, quick passing, players in different positions, Aaron can play as a right winger and quite happy to stay up there. It`s a little bit different but you as a supporter and it is entertaining.

Q. (from RaymieTheLegend) First and foremost get rid o the jam at the training ground, you were a defender, have you any plans to bring in a defending coach
A as a coach you are multi tasking, I think football is going that way with different coaches, I coach the team, the biggest thing I say is forget the training pitch - what position do you play in, I don`t care what position you are just a footballer. In terms of defending yes it is an art. It was spectacular up at Inverness.

(John is talking about players - I`m not updating here as it`s team talk stuff, and you`ll see the evidence of it on the field. Laughs abound as he mentions the BLUE word Falkirk).

Q - Fully fit squad - Lewis Martin
A - The situation is his contract expired a few months ago - he has a long way to recover - he has been in training and rehab - we hope to have good news in the current weeks / months - not divulging his medical problems. No reserve football, he has lost a lot of play, there is a long road ahead for him and we are supporting him full time.

Q - John involved in the new

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:09

i dont know whats happened to the rest of the meeting - apologies - but I did type it all in,

However the adverts appear to have caused a few problems tonight when I was typing

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:11

Possibly too much text in the one post ?
Needed split into smaller posts

____________________
contact: email me
File Share: https://share2.co.uk
ParsTV: https://ParsTV.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:14

Quote:

jake89, Wed 24 Nov 20:18

Really appreciate you doing these updates.

Can I clarify something? Was the answer to the training ground question that it will now be DAFC only and no Rosyth FC?



Aye, DAFC only, no Rosyth.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:20

Thanks Buffy.....amazing what difference a couple of weeks can make.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:20

Topic Originator: brian
Date: Wed 24 Nov 21:11

Possibly too much text in the one post ?
Needed split into smaller posts


Will the missing text be retained somewhere in the system (and therefore could be added into what was published) or is it lost forever?

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:22

Really interesting and informative night, the news on the new training ground is incredibly positive, while the new CEO sounds like he has an amazing c.v.

There was talk in the takeover having changed a bit in its structure that went over my head a bit really, a loan note that isn't a loan that's repayable, and can only be returned for equity? That went over my head a bit but RM didn't seem concerned.

All in all really positive, off the park things really do seem to be moving forward, just need to hope they come together on the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:23

Quote:

Grant, Wed 24 Nov 21:14

Quote:

jake89, Wed 24 Nov 20:18

Really appreciate you doing these updates.

Can I clarify something? Was the answer to the training ground question that it will now be DAFC only and no Rosyth FC?



Aye, DAFC only, no Rosyth.


What was the answer to your Peter Grant question?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:23

I didn’t realise there was a limit on wording in posts.

I hope my posts can be found 😞

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:26

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Wed 24 Nov 21:23

Quote:

Grant, Wed 24 Nov 21:14

Quote:

jake89, Wed 24 Nov 20:18

Really appreciate you doing these updates.

Can I clarify something? Was the answer to the training ground question that it will now be DAFC only and no Rosyth FC?



Aye, DAFC only, no Rosyth.


What was the answer to your Peter Grant question?



As I said before, I had no question on Peter Grant, I just believed that if someone did, and they worded it politely then it was a fair question.

RM touched on PG in his opening address, can't remember any questions about Grant in particular.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:30

I’m trying to remember what I said and the q which I started re John was his involvement with the new training ground and academy. His reply was yes. He will be there every day, communicating with the players in every aspect; getting involved with the community is an important one. There was also talk of having two bedrooms for trialists etc and John said that it was a good idea as it meant that they were close to hand.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:31

Quote:

buffy, Wed 24 Nov 21:30

I’m trying to remember what I said and the q which I started re John was his involvement with the new training ground and academy. His reply was yes. He will be there every day, communicating with the players in every aspect; getting involved with the community is an important one. There was also talk of having two bedrooms for trialists etc and John said that it was a good idea as it meant that they were close to hand.



I was initially quite confused with regards to the en suit bedrooms and where that was going.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:32

It was very informative. Really excited by the new training facilities and academy with rooms dedicated to analysis etc and a couple of ensuites for triallists etc.
New CEO has an excellent CV.
Left tonight feeling very upbeat.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:34

The new CEO is David Cook. He has worked for several big clubs in England including Everton, the Etihad Stadium but he is a pars fan (that’s not the reason he got the job!). It’s to make the club more professional.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:38

Great work again buffy

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:40

I only managed to ask one question - re the lack of police outside the ground on Saturday. Billy Braisby replied saying that there is a meeting next week to discuss policing as they don’t know what happened.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:40


Just back from the night. So much positive news and general positivity.

Training facilities secured
Our own youth academy in the offing
New CEO confirmed in the new year
The renewed commitment of the investors
Yogi`s response to the vision for the club

I was particularly impressed with Yogi`s focus on standards and individual player responsibility. I tried to tempt him into some specifics about other teams in the division, but he wouldn`t bite. Total pro.

Overall there seemed to be a unity between the old board, the new investors and the manager that will stand us in good stead.

My inference was that a bit more patience and maturity from the fan base would go a long way though.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:44

I felt the questions asked from the floor more than covered the questions asked on here.

There was also a small mention of Dorrans and the trouble at QoS. He was very upset after this; he knew emotions were high and should have conducted himself better. He’s a good leader on the park and a role model to our younger fans.
(Yogi said he had to tell him off after the game there on Saturday though as he gave the ball away once) 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:50

Missing text isn`t showing in the logs I`m afraid

____________________
contact: email me
File Share: https://share2.co.uk
ParsTV: https://ParsTV.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:51

Also missing is the part about the new training ground at Rosyth Civil Service Club, the new Academy and more about the CEO, and the investment from GmbH.


Every time I went to post, an advert popped up at the bottom of the screen and it meant I had inadvertently pressed on it and it took me away from the page I was on, thus the information I’d just typed was lost.

I only wished I’d typed the meeting on to the app instead.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 21:56

Just a slight correction, Buffy. I asked whether there were plans to bring in a forwards coach as the manager and current coaches were defenders.

He actually never answered it !




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983


Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 21:56)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:00


@Raymie,

I think he said that they might think about a goalkeeping coach, but other than that he wasn`t looking at specialist coaches.

(He did go round the houses a bit in the answer though).

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:01

Did no-one ask about:

- Bulldozing EEP for housing
- A new Lidl round the back of the North Stand
- Locating the training ground on Purvis land in Lochgelly

?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:02

He did.
I do think that not having Crawford on the training field has had an effect on our strikers this season




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983


Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 22:03)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:06

What about the quality of the bridies for goodness sake???!!!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:10

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Nov 22:06

What about the quality of the bridies for goodness sake???!!!




The quality of the bridies is fine.



The real injustice is the lack of steak and haggis pies. A travesty.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:13

Thanks Buffy - he does go round the houses with some answers, but that’s his enthusiasm!

Great job, annoying ads!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:14

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Nov 22:06

What about the quality of the bridies for goodness sake???!!!


I could have done with wan o them the night. My belly was rumbling throughout!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:31

Brilliant reporting, Buffy. Much appreciated.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 22:37

Yes, good work Buffy, I appreciate the updates. Fingers must be like lightning
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 23:09

Great stuff buffy,thank you so much.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 23:35

Quote:

Grant, Wed 24 Nov 22:10

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Nov 22:06

What about the quality of the bridies for goodness sake???!!!




The quality of the bridies is fine.



The real injustice is the lack of steak and haggis pies. A travesty.


Now that is something we can agree on Grant. Especially if you chuck it on a buttered roll.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 00:05

Re Civil Service training ground.
Dunfermline Athletic only

No Rosyth FC - WHY !!!!
Answer -Dunfermline Athletic wanted a four figure rental charge per month.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 03:20

Thanks for the updates.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 06:19

Quote:

Kaiser, Thu 25 Nov 00:05

Re Civil Service training ground.
Dunfermline Athletic only

No Rosyth FC - WHY !!!!
Answer -Dunfermline Athletic wanted a four figure rental charge per month.


Four figure isn't particularly large. What were Rosyth wanting to pay?! Hope they get what they need elsewhere but it seems a bit desperate for them.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 06:34

When I started amateur football back in the early 80’s in Glasgow the cost of Helenvale stadium in Glasgow for rental was roughly £100 per 90 minute booking (my memory is sketchy as I didn’t have to pay it, but it was in this range) but multiply this up for usage in a day or a week and a hefty 4 figure sum could be met quite quickly. Remember these numbers were the early 80’s also.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 06:34

Sounds like Rosyth have been screwed again sadly. Screwed by Lidl, screwed by the council and now screwed by us?

Anything mentioned about the stadium improvements? Coming from Germany was "safe" standing mentioned?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 07:05

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 25 Nov 06:34

Sounds like Rosyth have been screwed again sadly. Screwed by Lidl, screwed by the council and now screwed by us?

Anything mentioned about the stadium improvements? Coming from Germany was "safe" standing mentioned?


You don’t know that, though.

From a selfish point of view, it’s a training ground for Dunfermline and our academy. I don’t think we should be sharing with anyone




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 07:18

No I don`t know, which is why I said "sounds like". Either way, you have to feel for the committee, players and fans of Rosyth who have been told various things by various people and none of them seem to he happening.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 07:45

I`d like to add my grateful thanks, Buffy. First meeting I`ve ever missed and it made me realise what an invaluable service you provide to hundreds, if not thousands, of Pars fans here and abroad, who are unable to attend.

Take a bow, Pink One. 😘



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 07:47

My interpretation is that RFC have been screwed by the developer. The land was given up on the basis of them providing an alternative location for RFC. They're claiming they don't have to as FC let them play at Fleet Grounds but FC have since decided to build the new Inverkeithing High there.

Any deal with the Pars would need to be reasonable - it's our money and our facility. It sounds like it was too expensive for them so they're back to square one.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 08:05

Did anybody ask about the goalkeeper situation - not that you’d expect JH to say much on that issue ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 08:08

I don't think we had the best of experiences with Fife Elite so the idea of sharing facilities with another team may still have had issues or grievances. By going it alone it is ours and ours only.
I do feel for Rosyth IF they have been hard done by but once these facilities are set up it can only be extremely positive.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 08:32

Anyone touch on budget / recruitment in January?

The likes of Cole, Deniz, Jones (plus a couple i probably missed) aren't going to feature IMO so would they need to be moved on before others can come in ?

---------------------------------------------------------------


"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 09:21

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Thu 25 Nov 08:32

Anyone touch on budget / recruitment in January?

The likes of Cole, Deniz, Jones (plus a couple i probably missed) aren't going to feature IMO so would they need to be moved on before others can come in ?


Yogi said he might look at bringing one or two in, more experienced heads who have SPL experience. Definitely options to bring some in and with the squad of 24 being fully fit at the moment, guys like Cole, pybus and Wilson aren't even getting a look in on the bench, might be trying to move them on.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 09:27

He touched on "wheeling/dealing" and "plate spinning" to bring guys in. Noted 8 of the 11 ICT players in the game had SPL experience whilst 2 of our 11 did so knows something he needs to improve. He knows what his budget is and detailed his managerial spending is under £250k so will not be asking for money but looking to shuffle players out even if means 2 out 1 in to get what he wants.

Working on trialists who will be added to the playing pool in the coming weeks.

Lewis Martins contract has now expired but has been offered training/rehab facilities at the club.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 10:24

Connolly wants to stay, club want him to stay but wary that United may not play ball.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 10:32

I was pleased with his assertion that if Dundee United try and take advantage of our position and leverage more money for Connolly he’ll send him back without hesitation and find someone just as good if not better.


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 10:41

What exactly was said about the new CEO?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 10:55

"What exactly was said about the new CEO?"

Excellent CV experience at Celtic/Nottm forest/Everton and Emirates airlines group. Will have a transition period with Ross and take on the running of certain tasks to allow Ross to begin winding back. Not much else said, Think it being CEO role rather than chairman is indication in the structure the club wants going forwards

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 10:59

Send ross graham back and use his wages to cover any more in Connolly, we need to try get rid of a few in January far too many new signings from the summer cant even get a game for us

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 11:55

I'd he happy to get rid of Graham, Mehmet, Cole, Jones, possibly Pybus too. Kennedy is only on loan until Jan unless we were to extend this. Given the lack of game time, I'd imagine that won't happen. Hopefully we can keep Connolly, we look a lot more solid at the back with him in the side.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 12:28

Unfortunate you had issues posting your report as meeting unfolded Buffy, hopefully DAFC will produce a full set of minutes that can be viewed by all

Sad to hear Ross is stepping down from the BoD completely, he will be a huge loss to our club

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 12:29

Just catching up on this. Thanks Buffy for the time and effort you put into the updates. Its really helpful for those of us that couldn't make it and it is appreciated.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 16:23

Hughes signed OFW the season after they won the Scottish Cup - and he was their number one keeper for the year - after which Yogi left.

He might well be happy with the goalkeeping situation and with Mehmet as backup.

Re Mehmet, I think we need to remember that they guy has been plying his trade as a keeper at roughly this level for several years and played a dozen times for Dundee Utd last year - including a cup semi-final. It`s likely that his form at the start of the season was the exception rather than the norm.

That`s not to say it wouldn`t happen again if he was pitched back in - as he`d be under enormous pressure given what he`s served up so far - but he`s probably a decent enough keeper under normal circumstances. He looked pretty solid when he played in the play-off game at East End against us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 16:36

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 25 Nov 16:23

Hughes signed OFW the season after they won the Scottish Cup - and he was their number one keeper for the year - after which Yogi left.

He might well be happy with the goalkeeping situation and with Mehmet as backup.

Re Mehmet, I think we need to remember that they guy has been plying his trade as a keeper at roughly this level for several years and played a dozen times for Dundee Utd last year - including a cup semi-final. It`s likely that his form at the start of the season was the exception rather than the norm.

That`s not to say it wouldn`t happen again if he was pitched back in - as he`d be under enormous pressure given what he`s served up so far - but he`s probably a decent enough keeper under normal circumstances. He looked pretty solid when he played in the play-off game at East End against us.


Sorry but your miles off it with Mehmet the guy is 29 and only played a handful of games for each club he’s been at (26 apps overall) nothing to suggest he was a competent goalkeeper and definitely backed that up with his performances. I think it’s definitely a position we need to strengthen
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 16:37

Mehmet was incredible against us in the playoff games, annoyingly.


One thing I found very, very interesting was when RM was talking about Brexit rules. Due to following Brentford I feel I've got a good grasp of the points system, and it's undoubtedly true that in its current guise we've got little hope of attracting foreign talent. If it were to change (and RM seemed to think it was plausible) and if it were to open up the foreign German market, then it would certainly be interesting to see who Meggle can bring in.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 16:48

Grant do you know if there is a difference if those coming over are "scholar" or school level/academy type rather than coming is and a visa to be a footballer?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 17:05

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Thu 25 Nov 16:48

Grant do you know if there is a difference if those coming over are "scholar" or school level/academy type rather than coming is and a visa to be a footballer?



And there was me thinking I had a good grasp on it! I'm not aware of that or loopholes regarding it, not to say there isn't of course but it's never been brought up in relation to Brentford targets, but then they'll be fishing in very different waters.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 17:23

Mehmet is the worst goalkeeper I’ve ever seen at east end, even worse than Chris smith and that takes some doing! He literally can’t do anything except pick the ball out the back of the net

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 19:04

Any mention of pars TV? I'd be interested to hear what viewership is like.

Our crowds haven't been great lately and I expect this is in part due to concerns about potential covid spread....but mainly due to the dross on show....so interested to hear how the numbers tuning in top that up.

Par TV has certainly allowed me to take in more games than I normally would (work, child care etc) so long may it continue.

Suppose it would be interesting to know how much it's been able to support the club financially too.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 19:24

Mehmet hasn't been signed to full time clubs for the last 8 years or so because he's as bad as he's shown in the 3/4 league games he's played for us.

He's also played twice against us in his career and done well. Whether mostly a backup or not, there's no was his base standard is akin to what we've witnessed.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying I think he's the reincarnation of Yashin. I'm also not saying I wouldn't sign a new keeper - I'm suggesting Hughes might not see it as a priority.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.


Post Edited (Thu 25 Nov 19:28)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 20:20

I wasn`t able to make the meeting. So thank you Buffy for the updates

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 22:24

Yogi isn`t going to make decisions about players based on how they played in games he didn`t witness. If he did he`d be a pretty poor manager. Not so long ago quite a few on here were saying Dorrans was a waste of a wage and McCann had had enough chances to make his mark and wasn`t worth persevering with. Yogi obviously doesn`t agree with these assessments and why should he be expected to?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 22:33

Thanks to everyone for updates and info on the meeting, especially Buffy of course.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 03:54

Thanks for the updates Buffy.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 08:20

Thank you for the updates Buffy.

I take it the Banana Splits question was not raised?


Disappointing……..

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates ~ Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 09:40

Quote:

Angus_W, Fri 26 Nov 08:20

Thank you for the updates Buffy.

I take it the Banana Splits question was not raised?


Disappointing……..


😂
I was tempted I assure ye!
I got a chat with Yogi afterwards where he called me Clint Eastwood (because of my poncho) so I whipped back with ok BooBoo 😂

Thanks for the nice words folks. A pleasure as always. 😊

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net