DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Training ground
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 20:12

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Statement&ID=13462

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Training ground
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 20:18

Good news that the club are going to allow community use in the future.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 20:52

So we are purchasing this as our own property then? It`s not a lease as was previously stated by some?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 21:08

Think that's great news.Hope they have thought of security issues, hate to think some local idiots, trashing the new facility ,as happened at Eagle Glen,just saying !

Post Edited (Thu 25 Nov 21:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 22:10

What will happen to Rosyth FC then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BoAPar  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 22:31

"So are we purchasing this as our own property then? It`s not a lease as was previously stated by some?"

I`ve no insight, but there`s nothing in that statement to suggest the club are buying it, and a few lines that hint that it will be a lease (or other agreement)?

If I was to guess, there may be some covenant on the land that means it has to be used for sport/community purposes. So CSSC can`t sell it to developers, but don`t want to pay for the upkeep of the site anymore.

DAFC lease the site and develop new sports facilities there, with CSSC clubs perhaps getting access at a favourable rate?

Anyway - it seems like a positive step, and good that the club are actively thinking about community link ups!

--------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 23:13

I’m certain Ross mentioned lease last night when talking about the facility, BoA

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 25 Nov 23:49

Quote:

Par, Thu 25 Nov 22:10

Absolutely no concern for us.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 00:40

Quote:

Par, Thu 25 Nov 22:10

RosythFC.net forum for this p*sh

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 01:04

It's a lease:

"Dear Member,

As you are all aware, CSSC Properties has been in negotiations with Dunfermline Athletic Football Club (DAFC) to agree a lease for the former CSSC Rosyth Club premises. The site will become their new Training Ground, and it is expected to be in operation by next summer.

It was a difficult decision to close the club, and we are incredibly grateful for all the hard work from the local volunteers and members to support the closure.

We are delighted that the site itself will continue to be used for sport and will offer opportunities for the CSSC and wider Rosyth community through DAFC’s Pars Foundation. I am especially delighted that the terms of the lease will still allow the CSSC Skittles teams to use the building as well as opportunities to hold regular meetings on a schedule agreed with the premises managers.

In addition, DAFC have agreed to give CSSC some free tickets to home matches each year and a free hospitality package once a year which will be managed by the Area. This is a great benefit for local members and more details will be shared on how this will work shortly.

Once again, thank you to our volunteers for all their hard work and to all our local members for your loyalty.

Wendy Eley MBA PGDip RPP FAPM

Group Operations Director"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 06:21

This is massive news and is a huge bonus for a club like ours. It’s also an answer to everyone who has been voicing doubts recently about the motives of our new investors.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 07:46

Will the original building be kept? It looks shabby right now but probably because it's all boarded up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 08:11

Quote:

jake89, Fri 26 Nov 07:46

Will the original building be kept? It looks shabby right now but probably because it's all boarded up.

Yes, Ross explained significant investment to fully refurbish
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 08:53

There was no running water to the changing rooms and around 50% of the floor area missing in the existing changing room areas of the building.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 11:58

That may explain the "significant" part! I reckon the guys will need water.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 12:04

Very exciting times and I`m looking forward to seeing the end product, as we will what even a few teams in the SPL do not have. I wonder if there is an option to buy the land permanently in the future as it seems a lot of money to invest for a lease?

Also looking forward to seeing how this will affect our youth system. Would love to see us product a lot more homegrown players

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 12:27

I think there will need to be quite a change regarding the layout of the CSS club?

The changing rooms are small and from memory, only 6 showers?

The lounge area was a big space, as was the function room towards the rear.

In addition, a further, smaller lounge, at the rear, alongside the skittle alley

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 14:06

Statement from Rosyth FC

🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴 CLUB STATEMENT ⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫
After confirmation the Civil Service lease agreement has now been made with DAFC we as a club have felt the need to respond to recent comments made on social media.
We can confirm the initial proposal submitted to CSSC by DAFC did include Rosyth Seniors FC. The plans included an East of Scotland standard pitch that would accommodate Rosyth FC. DAFC approached Rosyth Seniors FC at outset and requested they consider being included in this proposal. As a club we were excited to be included in such an opportunity and it was clear there was an enthusiasm in the local community. As talks progressed between all organisations we kept in contact with each other and there were meetings held with all parties included.
For whatever reason during these discussions the decision was made that Rosyth Seniors FC were not to be included in the final lease agreement. The reasoning behind this has never been explained or offered to the club.
To say we were disappointed was an understatement as the project has again set us back on our objective of securing a park.
This project was to be an inclusive community project with the local senior football team being in-bedded in the heart of Rosyth. Unfortunately this is no longer the case and coupled with existing users of the facility being asked to leave the site due to the new lease agreement, it is again a kick in the teeth for local football.
On a positive note we will move on as a club. The communication lines with Fife Council have never been stronger and we are currently working closely with Fife Council on two new proposals. Once a decision is made in the very near future we hope to have a new ground secured by the start of next season.
As always thank you for your continued support.
Regards
Rosyth Seniors FC 🔴⚫️

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 14:29

so you go from attending meetings etc then not detailed in final lease agreement and not aware why? Little bit of artistic commentary I think and someone elses fault.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 16:18

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Fri 26 Nov 14:29

so you go from attending meetings etc then not detailed in final lease agreement and not aware why? Little bit of artistic commentary I think and someone elses fault.

Yep. Bottom line, it looks like they are in a good place and getting somewhere adequate so no need to share.
What is the problem?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 19:01

Top pitch there will defo need the drainage sorted as my laddies team Duloch and a few others used the facility before for there training and home matches and that pitch didn’t hold water well. The bottom pitch ?one near the road) is much better

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 19:14

Top park was originally for rugby, when football park was put there it was rough grass and a bumpy surface.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Nov 21:42

Rosyth spitting the dummy out. Definitely more to that story.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 10:50

Quote:

Jacko Par42, Fri 26 Nov 19:01

Top pitch there will defo need the drainage sorted as my laddies team Duloch and a few others used the facility before for there training and home matches and that pitch didn’t hold water well. The bottom pitch ?one near the road) is much better

We used to train there. It was dubbed, the Baseball Ground.
Those of a certain vintage will get this

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 11:04

Used to live in old Dollytown, still remember the junior club being there. After that packed in, me and my pals would have a kick around on their old pitch, or sometimes venture up to a Fleet ground pitch - would that be the top pitch referred to above?
Stayed only a few minutes away in Talbot road. The only remains of that are a few kerb stones at the junction with Castle road. Happy days!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 11:22

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 27 Nov 11:04

Used to live in old Dollytown, still remember the junior club being there. After that packed in, me and my pals would have a kick around on their old pitch, or sometimes venture up to a Fleet ground pitch - would that be the top pitch referred to above?
Stayed only a few minutes away in Talbot road. The only remains of that are a few kerb stones at the junction with Castle road. Happy days!

Fleet grounds are where the houses have been built on
“Top pitch” has always been part of the CS grounds, at least for 40 years

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 11:39

Raymie the legend said

“We used to train there. It was dubbed, the Baseball Ground.
Those of a certain vintage will get this”

I remember it well, the single flood light and total mud bath. Lost count of the number of times you got nutmegged on that pitch Raymie 😂

Happy days and we had a pretty decent team too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 12:39

Quote:

WarringtonPar, Sat 27 Nov 11:39

Raymie the legend said

“We used to train there. It was dubbed, the Baseball Ground.
Those of a certain vintage will get this”

I remember it well, the single flood light and total mud bath. Lost count of the number of times you got nutmegged on that pitch Raymie 😂

Happy days and we had a pretty decent team too.

Hope that they can find a cure for selective memory loss ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 12:51

Raymie, I’m going back more than 60 years …pre Civil Service.

The old Junior pitch was near the foot of Castle Road at the Junction with Limekilns road. The other pitch was defo Fleet Grounds, they extended all round the old Clock on Pease Hill, where the houses are now, also south down to the main road

I can also recall concrete blocks with a big hook - barrage balloons were sited there during the war

A favourite spot was the hockey pitches, goals the right size for wee lads, and nets! Such luxury!

I should know all this, we got chased by the groundsman often enough…!

Was there not also a white pavilion on Limekilns road, where the Navy guys played cricket?

Post Edited (Sat 27 Nov 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:13

Fleet grounds were lush, Rosyth junior ground was lovely, just about lived in the nissan hut run by Hughie.

60+ years ago great memories and the Dollymixtures football team, playing the likes of Bruce field Dynamo!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:16

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 27 Nov 12:51

The old Junior pitch was near the foot of Castle Road at the Junction with Limekilns road. The other pitch was defo Fleet Grounds, they extended all round the old Clock on Pease Hill, where the houses are now, also south down to the main road

I can also recall concrete blocks with a big hook - barrage balloons were sited there during the war

A favourite spot was the hockey pitches, goals the right size for wee lads, and nets! Such luxury!

Was there not also a white pavilion on Limekilns road, where the Navy guys played cricket?

A bit before my time, Parboiled. I’m just mature !

Are you taking about the pitch with a red ash running track around it ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 27 Nov 14:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:18

Quote:

Parboiled, Sat 27 Nov 12:51

“The old clock on Pease Hill”. Jings! I forgot all about that - even after looking at it for seven years from Camdean School.

My dog eats meat

Post Edited (Sat 27 Nov 20:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:38

Don’t recall a running track Raymie, but wouldn`t be surprised, the RN certainly provided facilities for a wide range of sports - indoor at Caledonia as well as all the various outdoor pitches etc.

My big brother had a pass and I played badminton with him a few times at the Caley as a skinny teen. Once while I was idling about waiting for a court I spied some weights and thought to give it a go.

Hoisted one up, too far, went behind my head, couldn’t pull it back, tottered backwards to fall flat on my back still grasping the bar for dear life. Cue much merriment , thought big Bro was gonna die laughing ...

Malcolm , next time I see Martin Rodgers, our local expert on local history, I’ll ask about that clock. There is a story there but I know not what.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 11:57

My father managed to get me a swim pass for Caley, lived in the pool during the summer holidays.
The worst time was when they switched off the heating due to upgrading the system, the water was baltic!

The running track was round the main pitch across the road from Caley main gates?
My son played there a few times mid nineties against DAFC youth.

It was sad to see all those pristine pitches lying unused most of the year and us being stuck with playing on ash parks down at Parkgate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 13:10

Me and some mates used to go to the Cali pool back in the day. Baltic doesn't begin to describe it. Diving boards were good fun though.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net