DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:22

Click here

Confirming he was spat on in the town centre and his property was damaged, wife and daughter also subject to negative comments.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:33

McArthur added: “Sometimes things just don’t work out.

“We live in a culture now where folk think: ‘Who can we blame?’

“There is resentment and hatred on social media which overspills. It’s not right.

“Scottish football needs to do better at standing up to all of this because people seem to think they can come to football grounds and behave in a certain manner. They can’t.”

That sums it up for me. It`s the world we live in now unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:34

I hope these idiots are now happy , Dunfermline have lost a chairman who bleeds black and white, all because a couple of wee f@nnies took it upon themselves to spit at him and damage his car aswell as abuse his family.
The work Ross has done at EEP should guarantee him a place in pars history. I for one am very sad to hear him say in that interview that he won't change his mind.

Take a bow f@nnies

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Nov 14:35)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:42

The criminal behavior is abhorrent, hopefully those involved are caught.

Not entirely comfortable with dismissing grant era as `one of those things` it wasn`t, but that`s not the point of the article.


As a fan he`ll always be welcomed at EEP, and I hope he knows it, unfortunately his comments don`t suggest he does.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: mikey_boy  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 14:55

Any pars fan that reads that article and still has the nerve to criticise Ross for the appointment/backing of Grant should hang their head in shame. I’m totally embarrassed to be a pars fan right now and that’s nothing to do with the results on the pitch.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 15:00

Quote:

mikey_boy, Sat 27 Nov 14:55

Any pars fan that reads that article and still has the nerve to criticise Ross for the appointment/backing of Grant should hang their head in shame. I’m totally embarrassed to be a pars fan right now and that’s nothing to do with the results on the pitch.


Why not criticise the appointment/backing of Grant? It was an appalling appointment that we had plenty of time to put right but delayed pulling the trigger for so long. Hughes has got a right mess to sort.

The behaviour towards McCarthur in terms of the abuse is absolutely disgusting but there is a place here where constructive criticism over Grants appointment is acceptable of which McCarthur has to take some accountability for as do the board and the custodians.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 15:04

Quote:

pars4life1, Sat 27 Nov 14:42

The criminal behavior is abhorrent, hopefully those involved are caught.

Not entirely comfortable with dismissing grant era as `one of those things` it wasn`t, but that`s not the point of the article.


As a fan he`ll always be welcomed at EEP, and I hope he knows it, unfortunately his comments don`t suggest he does.


He doesn't actually say its one of those things though he says sometimes things don't work out which is true. It's not dismissing it as one of those things.

Folk can disagree with the decision to appoint Grant there's just no need to be abusive in doing it. It would also be helpful if folk actually looked at the wider context to why he was appointed rather than focusing on Alloa being relegated as that's a bit simplistic in assessing Grant's overall tenure there.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: mikey_boy  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 16:16

We’ve had months of criticism on this forum. All it’s done is provide an agenda for certain morons to take things too far. To start picking holes in the language used by Ross in this article is petty and almost demeans the vile abuse he’s received.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 17:01

Blaming this forum for what happened to our Chairman is a bit much MikeyBoy. You’ve no evidence of that ~ there was much worse criticism of the board and RM on other social media platforms.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 17:24

Quote:

buffy, Sat 27 Nov 17:01

Blaming this forum for what happened to our Chairman is a bit much MikeyBoy. You’ve no evidence of that ~ there was much worse criticism of the board and RM on other social media platforms.



I massively regret how vociferous I was in my condemnation of the appointment, and how much blame I then in turn put on RM. It was positively tame to the outright abuse that was happening on twitter and Facebook though.

The last paragraph in that article worries me, with how much RM has put in it'd be a crying shame if he wasn't able to enjoy the fruits of his labour back in the NW.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 17:51

Wonder where all these cowardly so called fans are now. Wherever they are and whoever they are I hope their names are banded about for the heartache and grief their petty way of dealing with a simple problem was. One thing is for sure they will not be brave enough to own up to their actions. We are losing a high profile Director who is guiding the club to an ever improving status. Thank you for your continued support Ross McArthur and the real Pars fans will be honoured to sit in the stands alongside you.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 18:00

I didn`t see what was said elsewhere but I was personally embarrassed to be providing a platform for the level of abuse going on.

____________________
contact: email me
File Share: https://share2.co.uk
ParsTV: https://ParsTV.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 18:27

Has anyone been caught/charged for these actions? Surely if they happened in the town (m&s I heard) & outside the stadium there will be ample CCTV.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 18:32

Worth noting how gutted McCarthur was at the supporters meeting when asked about the whole stepping down situation. Grant didn`t work out, some people including myself didn`t agree with other previous decisions but I don`t think his intentions were ever anything other than to take the club forward. He also noted he had to look after the footballing side of things for far too long out of necessity despite not having experience there, and has identified not only investment to take the club forward sustainably but a successor to himself that he knows can do the job he was only trying his best to do. Lots of respect for all of that.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 18:53

He was very emotional on Wednesday night. I truly felt for him.

I hope he’ll get peace when he returns to the NW (even though he jokingly said that the near side linesman won’t get any!)

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 19:00

Quote:

buffy, Sat 27 Nov 17:01

Blaming this forum for what happened to our Chairman is a bit much MikeyBoy. You’ve no evidence of that ~ there was much worse criticism of the board and RM on other social media platforms.


Clearly it wasn't the forum that was to blame but certain posters' views on the subject were inflammatory and could well have influenced the r'soles that were involved.
To do this to the man who dedicated his own time and expertise to our club in the years after admin was shameful.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 20:02

It seems so easy for some people to forget that the folk at the top and in the public eye are also human beings. The abuse RM has received highlights this and, as others have said, it’s something horribly ingrained in our social media-driven culture. An “echo chamber” platform where folk with abusive tendencies can easily find likeminded people to help justify and even encourage their behaviour and attacks, while shutting out opposing opinions.
I wouldn’t say this makes me embarrassed to be a pars fan because this isn’t pars-specific, it’s something happening in wider society, unfortunately. However, it makes me feel so sorry for RM, a man who I don’t know personally but who, over the years, has come across as someone who truly loves the Pars and has only done what he thought was best for the club.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 20:25

I'm 150% certain Ross will be given a standing ovation should he choose to take his old seat in the NW.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 20:30

“I’m totally embarrassed to be a pars fan right now and that’s nothing to do with the results on the pitch.”

I don’t for one moment doubt the sincerity of people who, like the above, claim to be totally embarrassed to be a Pars fan right now. I just want to say that I’m not embarrassed to be a Pars fan. People who carried out the vile actions against our chairman are in a tiny minority. They don’t speak for me, and they don’t represent our supporters - no matter how exasperated we were (I was too) by the sad and seemingly interminable nature of Peter Grant’s time in charge.

I’ve been a Dunfermline fan all my days and I’ve never been afraid to reveal my allegiance. I was there when we won the cup in ‘68 and I was there when big Jim took over at a point where we were one of the worst teams in the country. Proper supporters, of whom we have a reassuring number, stick by the team through highs and lows. It’s just wrong however to condemn fans who get fed up with the game and stop going - it is, after all, just a game and everyone is free to spend their time and money as they see fit. These people do not, as a rule, transfer their affections to another club, they retain their goodwill towards our club.

We all know that Ross McArthur feels the same way about our club, and his treatment by a few idiots does nothing to alter his or our feeling about being a Pars fan. Proud of our history and heritage, moved by a candy striped shirt with a triangular badge and always happy to share that passion with others.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 21:20

Quote:

mikey_boy, Sat 27 Nov 14:55

Any pars fan that reads that article and still has the nerve to criticise Ross for the appointment/backing of Grant should hang their head in shame. I’m totally embarrassed to be a pars fan right now and that’s nothing to do with the results on the pitch.


Aside from the obvious point that the personal attacks on Ross were totally out of order, from a football perspective , the vocal criticism was entirely justified towards him and the board.
Grant was an appalling decision and the fact many people saw it coming without even needing hindsight weeks later says it all.
His tactics at Ibrox should have seen him sacked on the spot.
Let's not forget the statement having a go at the fans happened to omit the personal stuff at the time , which came later.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 21:56

Ibrox was a turning point for me. I had never seen such an incoherent team put upon the park in black and white jerseys. I felt sorry for the players that night. Grant could, or maybe should, have been sacked after that disgrace. It turned into a Rangers training session.

Now I am asked to cry tears for Ross McArthur, who has been subjected to personal harassment. I will cry nothing. He talks of a blame culture then turns on Social Media to create his own version of blame culture. As if Social Media ever created anything that was never said before! The same Social Media he would be delighted if it sung his praises by the way. A limited man. And a man who has never been slow to criticise Pars fans on the terracing. His heart might be in the right place but he is not good enough.

Ross McArthur wasn`t strong enough to take the heat. so he is better off out of the kitchen. If he bleeds black and white then he will feel nothing, biologically speaking at least. Best to come back to the terraces and bleed red blood. It`s a better life.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:32

Absolutely shameful post Sammer.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:35

sammer wrote:

> Ibrox was a turning point for me. I had never seen such an
> incoherent team put upon the park in black and white jerseys. I
> felt sorry for the players that night. Grant could, or maybe
> should, have been sacked after that disgrace. It turned into a
> Rangers training session.
>
> Now I am asked to cry tears for Ross McArthur, who has been
> subjected to personal harassment. I will cry nothing. He talks
> of a blame culture then turns on Social Media to create his own
> version of blame culture. As if Social Media ever created
> anything that was never said before! The same Social Media he
> would be delighted if it sung his praises by the way. A limited
> man. And a man who has never been slow to criticise Pars fans
> on the terracing. His heart might be in the right place but he
> is not good enough.
>
> Ross McArthur wasn`t strong enough to take the heat. so he is
> better off out of the kitchen. If he bleeds black and white
> then he will feel nothing, biologically speaking at least. Best
> to come back to the terraces and bleed red blood. It`s a better
> life.
>
>

That’s a bold take.

I’m genuinely a bit taken aback by that 😂

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:39

'A limited man'

Says the faceless wonder at home on his laptop who has done absolutely nothing in comparison to Ross McArthur in terms of saving and then securing the future of the Pars.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:47

I normally have a lot of time for Sammer, but that's a poor post by him there
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:53

Horrible post. Stick to history lessons about players from the 60s. Incidentally that's also where your attitude belongs.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 22:56

Limited men are well known for starting businesses that they grow and sell to global firms like Standard Life. This forum is filled with folk that have achieved similar heights..

If our fans weren't behaving like fan dans there would have been nothing to call out.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:22

I hope you've been on the p!$$ sammer, and wake up tomorrow to see what a total clusterfuck of a post that is.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:23

Disgraceful post,I feel my face going red reading it.Shocking.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:23

I’m disappointed with that, Sammer.




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983


Post Edited (Sat 27 Nov 23:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:34

Sammer you really are an absolute slaver

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:35

Consistent with Sammer's appraisal of Grant's tenure, I could tell early on in the post that it was going to be a car crash and I stopped reading.
Presumably much vodka has been taken.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:36

Even if Sammer has been on the sauce, what an absolute disgrace of a post.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:39

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 27 Nov 22:56

Limited men are well known for starting businesses that they grow and sell to global firms like Standard Life. This forum is filled with folk that have achieved similar heights..

If our fans weren't behaving like fan dans there would have been nothing to call out.


This is a point that goes overlooked and I'm glad you made it mate.

Ross was absolutely paramount in the set up, development and success of threesixty services, a company that's still going strong. You don't do that in financial services without being exceptionally talented and hard working.

You also don't run a business without dropping the odd hiring clanger now and again.

Honestly, the entitlement of some folk combined with ignoring the human side of things very nearly drives me away from football.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:46

I don`t know if Ross reads threads on this forum, but as his name is in the title it`s quite possible that at least somebody in his family or close friends might do so.

Normally I would ignore a post like sammer`s, but just in case someone close to Ross does in fact read it then I want to put on record that I believe sammer`s view of Ross is not one held by the majority of Pars fans.

Nobody is above criticism and everybody is to some extent "limited" - but to suggest that Ross is "not strong enough to take the heat" and "not good enough" to be the Chairman of DAFC is IMO complete and utter nonsense.

I don`t pretend to be a close friend or confidante of Ross, but over the last eight years I`ve met him many times and seen him in action, as have the chairmen of other clubs who elected him to the SPFL Board. I also know a little of the enormous amount of work he has put in on unseen matters to restore and improve the name and standing of DAFC.

Sometimes I have disagreed with his decisions, but I genuinely cannot think of anyone I would rather have had in charge of the affairs of DAFC. To suggest that he is somehow not up to the job is a conclusion that can only be reached by someone very remote from EEP.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Nov 23:55

I’ve come back to this as it needs said Sammer.

Limited man you accuse him of being? We’re all limited.

What wasn’t limited, was the finance he pulled out his own pockets to give to the Cause and ensure we still had a club. Isn’t it a matter of record that he’s spent 6 figure sums of his own cash to keep us going?

Were you similarly limited when it counted Sammer…?

I hope you return to your post and rethink it. Sure he’s made some incorrect decisions- none of them in isolation. But doesn’t deserve you to be so personal.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 00:25

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sat 27 Nov 23:39

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 27 Nov 22:56

Limited men are well known for starting businesses that they grow and sell to global firms like Standard Life. This forum is filled with folk that have achieved similar heights..

If our fans weren't behaving like fan dans there would have been nothing to call out.


This is a point that goes overlooked and I'm glad you made it mate.

Ross was absolutely paramount in the set up, development and success of threesixty services, a company that's still going strong. You don't do that in financial services without being exceptionally talented and hard working.

You also don't run a business without dropping the odd hiring clanger now and again.

Honestly, the entitlement of some folk combined with ignoring the human side of things very nearly drives me away from football.


It does get really frustrating doesn't it? I'm not doing too badly in my own career and I'll never achieve what he has in his nor will I ever run a football club as successfully as him and the other Directors have.

Folk can always disagree with decisions, I wasn't blown away by either SC or PG as managers although I could understand the rational behind appointing them. I've also not got any experience in appointing football managers so there's a fair chance I don't really know what I'm talking about in that area...

Crawford actually surpassed my expectations and did an OK to decent job and improved us on a lower budget than AJ and will never be the "disaster" some folk on here said he was but PG obviously didn't work. The board then took remedial action and changed their recruitment process to interview a wider range of candidates and hopefully JH can improve the side again.

The board also deserve credit for recognising that they needed external investment to help drive the club forward. They have the self awareness to realise what the club were lacking and that collectively they couldn't provide it and not everyone has that quality (although I guess it might be that they'd hit the point where they didn't want to put more money in which is understandable as I believe some of them also lost out personally under our CVA on top of what they put in to get the club on a sound footing).

The amount of time and effort the BoD put into running the club for quite literally no return shows the commitment they have and its easy to take it for granted especially when you see a decision you don't necessarily agree with.

Ever since we've come back up we've been competing against clubs that have bigger revenue streams than us, some of whom have also ran at significant losses (Dundee United had revenue of over £3m and had had a loss of over £3m on top the season they went up) yet folk point to attendances and think the economics of running a football club are as simple as success correlat
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 00:28

Grr character limit.

Correlating to the number of punters coming through the door.

Contrary to the popular belief of some on here we have some pretty clever guys running the club. You don't get the respective levels of success that they've had unless you're fairly on it.

The rest of the league also voted for RM to be their representative and they aren't going to do that unless he has some idea what he's doing so the rest of the clubs respected his abilities as well.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 00:39

Quote:

sammer, Sat 27 Nov 21:56

Ibrox was a turning point for me. I had never seen such an incoherent team put upon the park in black and white jerseys. I felt sorry for the players that night. Grant could, or maybe should, have been sacked after that disgrace. It turned into a Rangers training session.

Now I am asked to cry tears for Ross McArthur, who has been subjected to personal harassment. I will cry nothing. He talks of a blame culture then turns on Social Media to create his own version of blame culture. As if Social Media ever created anything that was never said before! The same Social Media he would be delighted if it sung his praises by the way. A limited man. And a man who has never been slow to criticise Pars fans on the terracing. His heart might be in the right place but he is not good enough.

Ross McArthur wasn`t strong enough to take the heat. so he is better off out of the kitchen. If he bleeds black and white then he will feel nothing, biologically speaking at least. Best to come back to the terraces and bleed red blood. It`s a better life.


A limited man aye??? Says the man sitting in deepest darkest Russia who’s probably done the square route of @&£$ ALL in terms of helping to save this football club and secure its long term future and will probably continue to do &£@€ ALL but see’s fit to hide behind a username on a forum and snipe from the sidelines at guys like Ross

Admin you seriously need to bin this muppet like SP was binned

Come on ye pars ⚽️


Post Edited (Sun 28 Nov 00:40)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 06:52

I really am finished with this forum now.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 10:09

This is a forum for people to express opinions. We can't just get rid of everyone who disagrees with the majority or has views that we don't like.

I don't agree with Sammer or the things that he has said but I respect his right to express what he feels. He is clearly in the minority and has been challenged on his statements. Maybe after reading other people's posts his views may change or perhaps not but it's going down a dangerous route just to get rid of people who you don't agree with.

It's clear to me that Ross has the football clubs bet interests at heart. He does the best he can to try and improve the club and make it stable. Clearly like everyone he can make mistakes. Being constructive in criticism is fine but making the attacks personal and physical is criminal and those small minority have quite rightly been called out for the abuse.

I wish Ross all the best back in the NW. The club is far better for the work he has done. Hope he enjoys being just a fan again.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Nov 12:06)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 10:15

Quote:

OzPar, Sun 28 Nov 06:52

I really am finished with this forum now.


I very much hope you reconsider, Oz. You are one of the most sensible posters on here and it would be a real shame if you allowed an out of character post and a small number of isolated rockets to make you throw in the towel. Even though you live on the other side of the world you're as much a Pars fan as anyone within walking distance, perhaps even more so, given you support the club financially by buying a ST and subscribing to Pars TV. You're also a founder member of the Pars Loan Fund, set up by the late Keith Brown, which helps fellow Pars fans in moments of financial difficulty. You will be sadly missed by the vast majority of posters if you leave us.

As for sammer, I have a lot of time for him. He's a highly intelligent and erudite man. I'm not inside his head, so I don't know what he was thinking about when he penned that post on this thread. If I was pushed, I'd speculate that he was being deliberately provocative to stir up a reaction from other posters - if so he's certainly succeeded.

I'm probably not the best person to make an objective assessment of Ross McArthur's time as a member of the BoD and Pars Chairman, because I've known him throughout that time and have been able to see for myself how hard he's worked and how single minded and dedicated he's been in his efforts to make our club respected once more, both in the local community and among other SPFL clubs.

I'll happily concede I'm a bit biased but feel I'm in a better position to comment than sammer and others who have never met him. To base a judgement on the basis of a managerial appointment which didn't work out, when it wasn't made by him alone is extremely flawed as is the assertion that it was wrong to give him time to try and turn things around. Again this was a BoD decision and not the Chairman's alone.

I'm amazed at how many mystic megs we have on dotnet - those who predicted that Grant would be a poor appointment and never lost an opportunity to say "I told you so" after each and every poor result. I wanted him to be a success, because he was the Pars manager. It didn't work out, but I am satisfied that the club gave him every chance. I'm now fully behind John Hughes but I've no idea if he will be a good appointment or not. Fans are fickle though, there were plenty who didn't want him at any price but as soon as we won a couple of games, he became the new Messiah.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 10:20

Good sensible post riva.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: wjmcm  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 10:23

I am probably the oldest to post on this site, a Pars fan since the 40`s. As an older man I am not easily shocked - I`ve seen lots of things. I feel though that I have to express my deep shame, not only for the dreadful things done to Ross by idiots but also at the comments on our site by Sammer. I have never met Ross but I would like to express my gratitude for what he has done for our Club and my apology for the unwarranted way he has been treated.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 12:25

There's nothing wrong with being critical of someone's decision making or the job they are doing. However, to spit on someone is utterly, utterly disgusting. What kind of animal does that? Furthermore, harassing someone's family is below the belt. I hope the idiots who were involved in this are found and banned from entering EEP. TBH, it sounds like they need assessed if they think that behaviour is even remotely normal.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 13:08

How much we would all love the individuals concerned to be outed. Let's just say I'm sure they would regret their actions then. I'm pretty sure these people don't go many games, if any
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 13:10

Quote:

arpar, Sun 28 Nov 10:09

This is a forum for people to express opinions. We can't just get rid of everyone who disagrees with the majority or has views that we don't like.
.


Totally agree.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 13:18

Quote:

OzPar, Sun 28 Nov 06:52

I really am finished with this forum now.


Do hope that doesn't come to pass Oz, I really enjoy your contributions.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 13:41

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 28 Nov 13:10

Quote:

arpar, Sun 28 Nov 10:09

This is a forum for people to express opinions. We can't just get rid of everyone who disagrees with the majority or has views that we don't like.
.


Totally agree.


That's not strictly true though is it? Sliema was binned quite rightly for his shocking post and article on the main page.

Sammer is just a slaver full stop.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 14:33

Some of Sammers posts are different class. He seems to have a great memory and can conjure up the atmosphere and excitement of a game 50 years ago. Even some of his political stuff is worth reading, he's obviously a man of the world, been around a bit, and it's interesting to get a different view of the world.
This post wasn't so good, but I suspect he had maybe been imbibing some cheap Russian vodka last night.
OzPar is also pretty good, hope he stays with us
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 15:46

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 28 Nov 14:33

Some of Sammers posts are different class. He seems to have a great memory and can conjure up the atmosphere and excitement of a game 50 years ago. Even some of his political stuff is worth reading, he's obviously a man of the world, been around a bit, and it's interesting to get a different view of the world.
This post wasn't so good, but I suspect he had maybe been imbibing some cheap Russian vodka last night.
OzPar is also pretty good, hope he stays with us


I never had him down as a troll...... 🤔



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 15:57

Excellent post at 10.15 G.G. Also good post from wjmcm

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 20:09

I think the assessment of RMs tenure is very simple. Where were we when ge took over and where are we now. Like all organisational structure having a good team supporting you is vital.

As for the the abuse etc he and his family have suffered there is no excuse for it in any shape or form.

The guy did his best and invested his own time to it. Thats all you can ask.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 20:50

Telling silence from the usually entertaining Sammer. Must be some hangover.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 21:07

Opinion alert! Sammers post is spot on. RMs times up. Even our new manager labelled us the laughing stock of Scottish Football when he walked in the door and ultimately Ross is responsible. We are pleading with folk to bring a pal to the next home game our attendances are so bad. The last 8 years have been , in general, very poor. ( on the park ). I have very little interest in what a great business man he is. And enjoy hearing even less every five minutes on this forum how the rest of us are all scum for daring to criticise or express an opinion about a minted man who has sold his business to standard life or whatever.

Goodbye Ross. Thanks for all your efforts! But goodbye. And I’m glad your going .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 21:36

I don't think anyone is saying people can't disagree. It's just a simple ask for morons not to spit on people or abuse them and their family in the street.

I'm sure everyone will back the new CEO and also acknowledge the work RM did.

The difference in commentary between this forum and the "other one" is incredible.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 21:48

jake89 wrote:

> I don't think anyone is saying people can't disagree.
> It's just a simple ask for morons not to spit on people or
> abuse them and their family in the street.
>
> I'm sure everyone will back the new CEO and also
> acknowledge the work RM did.
>
> The difference in commentary between this forum and the
> "other one" is incredible.

Other forum? What do u mean bud?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 21:54

Well this is quite a thread. We have some real class acts in our support.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 23:25

I thought the appointment of John Hughes and last week`s supporters` meeting might have put an end to all the blood-letting but I can see that was a forlorn hope. What is the point of going over this time and time again? We seem to have some really vindictive people in our support. Why can`t they just move on?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 23:47

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sun 28 Nov 21:07

Opinion alert! Sammers post is spot on. RMs times up. Even our new manager labelled us the laughing stock of Scottish Football when he walked in the door and ultimately Ross is responsible. We are pleading with folk to bring a pal to the next home game our attendances are so bad. The last 8 years have been , in general, very poor. ( on the park ). I have very little interest in what a great business man he is. And enjoy hearing even less every five minutes on this forum how the rest of us are all scum for daring to criticise or express an opinion about a minted man who has sold his business to standard life or whatever.

Goodbye Ross. Thanks for all your efforts! But goodbye. And I’m glad your going .


Nobody called you scum.
Its not your fault you have little or no understanding of reality.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 28 Nov 23:49

Quote:

jake89, Sun 28 Nov 21:36

I don't think anyone is saying people can't disagree. It's just a simple ask for morons not to spit on people or abuse them and their family in the street.

I'm sure everyone will back the new CEO and also acknowledge the work RM did.

The difference in commentary between this forum and the "other one" is incredible.


Only a couple of posters on this thread have a different take on RM, Jake. Hardly significant.

I wish folk would stop undermining this forum. If you don’t like someone’s views / opinions just scroll past.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 06:07

Other forum = East End Bounce.

It's not just this thread, Buffy. There's a real attitude that comes through. I don't post on EEB but the difference is quite noticeable.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 06:54

Quote:

buffy, Sun 28 Nov 23:49

Quote:

jake89, Sun 28 Nov 21:36

I don't think anyone is saying people can't disagree. It's just a simple ask for morons not to spit on people or abuse them and their family in the street.

I'm sure everyone will back the new CEO and also acknowledge the work RM did.

The difference in commentary between this forum and the "other one" is incredible.


Only a couple of posters on this thread have a different take on RM, Jake. Hardly significant.

I wish folk would stop undermining this forum. If you don’t like someone’s views / opinions just scroll past.


I can't agree with you, Buffy. If someone posts an opinion which is demonstrably untrue as a fact, we have every right to call it out for what it is. To "just scroll past it" as you suggest, will only embolden these posters to spout more unadulterated nonsense.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 10:06

I wasn’t saying to ignore the untrue stuff; of course that should be highlighted and called out. You must realise some folk write these posts to get others’ backs up, right? It’s everywhere on social media.

I meant general opinions and views (not just on this thread). That’s the difference on other social media platforms. There’s no need to get into arguments / have a go at people for different viewpoints. Discussions are fine and are the whole point of forums.

Oz threatened a poster with violence because he didn’t agree with their view on something he said whilst ironically stating that he could also take criticism then asks people to be civil!

And as for spouting *****, as you put it. Perhaps, you would like to say that to my face when I am back in the town. I may be 66, but I guarantee you that you would have a broken nose before you finished the sentence.”.

He appears to have escaped any kind of criticism for his words - bar me. He could quite easily have ignored the poster who riled him.


The only blessings for me on EEB are the IMs, and the ignore button. Easy to block trolls and their false narratives, and imo it doesn’t stop the conversation flowing.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Mon 29 Nov 10:30)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 11:25

Thanks for clarifying your post, Buffy - I completely misunderstood it.

Oz was perhaps overly aggressive in his reply to Parsfangaz, but it sounded like the straw that finally broke the camel's back. Gaz did accuse him of spouting ***** so I cut Oz a bit of slack, rather than laying into him verbally for threatening Gaz, a threat most unlikely to ever become a reality, given the two are over 12,000 miles apart. Can you imagine Oz spending a small fortune to come over here to look out some cocky young dude and challenge him to a fight? In other words, it was a completely empty threat, made by an elderly gent, whose reached the end of his tether at the increasing lack of respect in the posts of a small minority of Pars fans on this forum.

As others have commented, I also post on the EEB and rarely have I ever seen the kind of insulting posts that sometimes appear on here.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 11:56

Shouldn’t really matter where he lives - albeit I think a visit is on the cards going by a post by Rigger Al - or whether he was at the end of his tether. Verbal threats, as others have alluded to, can lead to worse outcomes, which brings us back to the abuse towards Ross.


Not defending the poster who riled him but it was pretty tame.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 12:15

Maybe Brian needs to add an "Are you sure to want to share this?" prompt before anyone clicks that submit button!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Adundeemonkey  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 15:05

The whole situation with what Ross and his family have had to go through for me is the biggest black mark against our club for a long time. Utterly shameful and sad.

Its tuff being a Par but we love it!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 15:50

Quote:

buffy, Mon 29 Nov 11:56

Shouldn’t really matter where he lives - albeit I think a visit is on the cards going by a post by Rigger Al - or whether he was at the end of his tether. Verbal threats, as others have alluded to, can lead to worse outcomes, which brings us back to the abuse towards Ross.


Not defending the poster who riled him but it was pretty tame.


I didnt post tgat Oz was visiting Scotland but Thailand
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 20:13

It wasn’t my intention to rile so many long term contributors on this site with my comments about Ross McArthur’s statement. I should clarify a few points.
The physical attacks on the Chairman’s property and person were criminal actions and I’m sure we would all be happy if the perpetrators could be held to account. However such acts of yobbery on Chairmen, Managers and players have been around so long as I can remember so I don’t think Ross pointing the finger at Social Media is an explanation.

My redundant clichés about ‘heat, kitchens’ and ‘limited man’ have rightly been called out for what they are. I want to make it clear that I was referring to Ross McArthur’s reaction to being verbally criticised by supporters, not the hoodlum behaviour mentioned previously. As the recognisable face of DAFC he is often congratulated for his efforts on behalf of the club but the other side of that coin is he will be in the front line when supporters voice discontent. Maybe that is unfair since he gives up his time for no income but that is how football is. I can recall Celtic fans damning Jock Stein when we went 2-1 up in the 1965 Cup Final: ‘We should never have appointed a Proddie manager.’ Personally I have no anger towards either Ross or the BOD for appointing Grant- it was a gamble which might have paid off- but honest mistake though it was, it cannot be exempt from criticism.

Neither can the players on the field. I don’t respect the Pars fans who burst into a chorus of ‘Granty GTF’ when we lost the first goal at Ayr: they had 87 minutes to get behind the team and help turn things round. However I do respect their right to jeer the team off the park at the final whistle, as also happened in Dumfries, after another insipid display. If you take away their right to jeer then the act of cheering becomes meaningless.

The continuity factor in keeping Ross McArthur as Chairman is appreciated but it puts him in an awkward situation since the majority shareholding lies with our Hamburg shipping people. So yes, I think it would be better for someone else to be the public face of the club taking the bouquets and brickbats. He’s earned some respite from front line duties and by all accounts would be a big loss to the BOD.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 20:34

Quote:

sammer, Mon 29 Nov 20:13

It wasn’t my intention to rile so many long term contributors on this site with my comments about Ross McArthur’s statement. I should clarify a few points.
The physical attacks on the Chairman’s property and person were criminal actions and I’m sure we would all be happy if the perpetrators could be held to account. However such acts of yobbery on Chairmen, Managers and players have been around so long as I can remember so I don’t think Ross pointing the finger at Social Media is an explanation.

My redundant clichés about ‘heat, kitchens’ and ‘limited man’ have rightly been called out for what they are. I want to make it clear that I was referring to Ross McArthur’s reaction to being verbally criticised by supporters, not the hoodlum behaviour mentioned previously. As the recognisable face of DAFC he is often congratulated for his efforts on behalf of the club but the other side of that coin is he will be in the front line when supporters voice discontent. Maybe that is unfair since he gives up his time for no income but that is how football is. I can recall Celtic fans damning Jock Stein when we went 2-1 up in the 1965 Cup Final: ‘We should never have appointed a Proddie manager.’ Personally I have no anger towards either Ross or the BOD for appointing Grant- it was a gamble which might have paid off- but honest mistake though it was, it cannot be exempt from criticism.

Neither can the players on the field. I don’t respect the Pars fans who burst into a chorus of ‘Granty GTF’ when we lost the first goal at Ayr: they had 87 minutes to get behind the team and help turn things round. However I do respect their right to jeer the team off the park at the final whistle, as also happened in Dumfries, after another insipid display. If you take away their right to jeer then the act of cheering becomes meaningless.

The continuity factor in keeping Ross McArthur as Chairman is appreciated but it puts him in an awkward situation since the majority shareholding lies with our Hamburg shipping people. So yes, I think it would be better for someone else to be the public face of the club taking the bouquets and brickbats. He’s earned some respite from front line duties and by all accounts would be a big loss to the BOD.


Except the majority shareholding doesn’t like with our Hamburg shipping people
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 20:34

Much better and more balanced post, sammer. Welcome back.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 20:54

Yes, that's more of a reasonable post.Think previous post was a bit of a blip,always enjoyed your comments,welcome back indeed.

Post Edited (Mon 29 Nov 21:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:26

Thats more like your normal posts
sammer

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 08:12

Deleted, can't be bothered engaging with the guy or the sycophants who have praised him for essentially defending his first post.



Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 08:14)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 15:31

The Walking Dead depicts a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies where it appears that the only people left are made up of mostly bad people.

I`d argue that we`re already living in that world with the only difference being that the zombies are not reanimated corpses.

Pretty sickening stuff to treat someone in this way over a game of football. I for one would welcome an asteroid coming along to reduce us to dust and wipe us from the galaxy.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ross McArthur Interview
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 16:35

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Tue 30 Nov 15:31

The Walking Dead depicts a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies where it appears that the only people left are made up of mostly bad people.

I`d argue that we`re already living in that world with the only difference being that the zombies are not reanimated corpses.

Pretty sickening stuff to treat someone in this way over a game of football. I for one would welcome an asteroid coming along to reduce us to dust and wipe us from the galaxy.


Now if we are talking about over reactions to a problem this might just be exhibit A.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net