DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grant speaks out
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 20:59

Peter Grant breaks silence on Dunfermline exit as sacked manager claims player feigned illness and went on holiday
The 56-year-old was sacked after five months, with the Pars rock bottom of the Scottish Championship
Peter Grant has refused to make excuses for his dismal Dunfermline spell - but claimed he had to deal with an unnamed player feigning illness and going on holiday when he was Pars boss.
Peter Grant has refused to make excuses for his dismal Dunfermline spell - but claimed he had to deal with an unnamed player feigning illness and going on holiday when he was Pars boss.
But Grant, who has since been replaced by John Hughes, said he had others issues to deal with - including a player allegedly saying he wasn't well, only to return to the club later with a new haircut and a tan.
The ex-Pars manager claimed he was contacted by someone else, who said the player had went abroad.
"There was a situation arisen, we played on the Saturday," he said on BBC Sportsound. "We got a call on the Monday to say that this particular player was ill, wasn't well.
"Obviously in these situations you can't bring them in. In the olden days you could bring them in, the doctor would check them, send them back home before the rest of the boys came in.
"You can't do that now because you don't want them near the rest of the players, so that was fine. I've got the utmost trust in that, no problem.
"Then later in the week, comes in on the Thursday, mask and that on and the hat and this on, which was unusual for him.
"He takes the hat off and he's got a haircut and nice sun tan and I'm thinking, looks great for being no well.
"Play on the Saturday, [he] plays, and then I find out on the Monday or that Sunday, somebody phones us and says, did I realise that he wasn't ill, that he was abroad? I went, no.
"So, I spoke to the chairman and said he never pulls out another shirt on for me again, whether I'm the manager or whether I'm not, he'll never play for me and never train for me again. So it's up to you to make the decision but that's my decision.
"Bear in mind, this was the night before we're playing a big game against Raith Rovers, the game that was called off prior.
"It was a big call for me because the boy was obviously going to be playing... I always said to the players and I always say to everybody, the name's on the back, that's fine, that's for a period of time.
"The badge in the front is what you're representing. So I wanted the people representing the club 100 per cent committed and to me that just showed a total disrespect to the club and the players, his teammates."

From football Scotland

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grant speaks out
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:06

That’s actually the first thing I have seen him say that is bang on the money

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:10

Thought he was excellent on radio. I get it never worked but he seems a genuinely hard working and decent guy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:16

Yes.I was really sorry it did not work out for him.But let's move on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:22

I'm another that thought he put everything into his time at EEP, it just didn't work out. I wish him all the best in future.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:33

Seems to be making a lot out of an issue with one player. How are other folk impressed by that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:38

Saw this earlier and didn't understand. So did the player play for him again? Was his decision accepted, or was he told to suck it up?

Sounds reminiscent of Kenny but on a smaller scale. Grant got it wrong, but a manager needs his team to perform. If a player is acting up then that affects the whole team. I'm sure most people have worked somewhere where one person brings everyone down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:45

One player responsible for trashing our club`s potential?
It was hardly Roy Keane. Show him the door - move on. That`s managing.

I`ve worked where one person brings the others down - and that was because the manager was weak and ineffective and though he knew who it was, he allowed it. That`s called `not managing.`

Post Edited (Mon 29 Nov 21:55)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 21:56

Quote:

onandupthepars, Mon 29 Nov 21:45

One player responsible for trashing our club`s potential?
It was hardly Roy Keane. Show him the door - move on. That`s managing.

Post Edited (Mon 29 Nov 21:47)

Where does it say he said that?
The piece quotes PG as saying there were other issues - including the part about the player.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 22:04

Quote:

jake89, Mon 29 Nov 21:38

Saw this earlier and didn't understand. So did the player play for him again? Was his decision accepted, or was he told to suck it up?

Sounds reminiscent of Kenny but on a smaller scale. Grant got it wrong, but a manager needs his team to perform. If a player is acting up then that affects the whole team. I'm sure most people have worked somewhere where one person brings everyone down.

This was why Paul Watson was released
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 22:05

Ref: Buffy

yeh like I said, `seems to be makin a lot out of an issue with one player.` Why go into detail about one player if there were other more significant issues?

Post Edited (Mon 29 Nov 22:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 22:13

If the other issues weren`t more significant then he`s trying to say that one player issue`s got something to do with the reason for 12 league games no wins.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 01:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 22:25

It doesn't really make sense. It effectively says "Watson was an idiot, but I hold my hands up that I didn't do a good job", so why bring up Watson? The hint seems to be that there was more than just Watson.

Easy to blame a poor manager but some people are just impossible and the only solution is to kick them out. Sadly, it's not always possible to get rid of a troublemaker.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 22:31

Well he must`ve been making trouble from day dot. And some helluva trouble at that to get a`bdy to `down tools` so quick. Doesn`t ring true to me. Seems more like Grant trying to pass the buck, which he did every time I heard his post match interviews. D`ye think it`s possible maybe the troublemaker was Grant?

Post Edited (Mon 29 Nov 22:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 22:41

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b71wsh

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Nov 23:59

Thanks for the link GJ

The recording for the first 18 min 50 sec is about Pars and PG.

PG: `Unfortunately just couldn`t turn draws and defeats into victories`

(Methinks: Yeh well that`s the manager`s job - and why were we having so many draws and defeats?)

PG:`For some reason they just couldn`t get over that line wi` that [elusive] victory.` [`For some reason` - any clue?]

There was no falling out with Thomas:

PG (3:29)`Dom didn`t think he was playing well enough`

He didn`t say the player who went on holiday was a troublemaker, only that he let down his fellow players etc. No suggestion that he caused a revolt.

[6:10 - about issues outwith the manager`s control:)

PG:`Well listen, a`m no here tae make excuses..`

Completely sidestepped that - could it be there were no significant other issues - other than Covid - which he goes into quite a lot - but of course that`s similar for all clubs.

He talks faster than Lorraine Kelly.

PG (15:19) `I brought some players in that never played in front o` fans before, it was a disaster`

pundit:`Because they just didn`t handle it?`

PG: `No - they didn`t.`

(maybe some of our young players? Wouldn`t affect first team?)

Typical PG interview - likes to say he`s not making excuses but makes sure to get a few in, and thinks that talking a lot and fast will impress folk - clearly it does some.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 00:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 00:03

Grant ruined team confidence the night we went to ibrox and set up the way we did, totally embarrassing and never really recovered from that. The fact he lasted so long in the job means we can realistically only get a mid table finish. Lastly, he’s assembled one of the worst squads I’ve ever seen at the pars, 11 signings he made and only 2 of them started Friday night, says it all. One of the worst pars managers in our history, certainly won’t be missed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 00:45

Fair play to him I say. He could have been bitter but doesn’t sound that way. He tried his best, didn’t work out, move on. If anything the feedback that’s coming out is that he was probably trying to overcoach the players and expecting too much of them. He’s signed badly and I think from his comments recognises that in a way. Wrong person for wrong job at wrong time. I just wish for his sake that we’d got at least one league win under him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 01:40

He`s not gonna sound bitter because he`s in management and he`s got to dress it up a bit. He can`t say,

`it was a spectacular failure against the odds`,

which it really was. After all, it was extremely unlikely that any manager would, this season, achieve what he did with the Pars: nil wins in 12 - that takes a lotta doing!

But he got into football management and likes it, it pays him well and he loves talking - it`s a big part of what managers do. As for fair play - not in my view - he dragged our club down and wasn`t gonna quit, no matter how low we went.

Fair play because he`s not bitter now? Well no - he`s got his compo hasn`t he? It`s a great life football management - no requirement to succeed - big green and crinkly handshakes no matter what.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 08:33

onandupthepars wrote:

> He`s not gonna sound bitter because he`s in management and he`s
> got to dress it up a bit. He can`t say,
>
> `it was a spectacular failure against the odds`,
>
> which it really was. After all, it was extremely unlikely that
> any manager would, this season, achieve what he did with the
> Pars: nil wins in 12 - that takes a lotta doing!
>
> But he got into football management and likes it, it pays him
> well and he loves talking - it`s a big part of what managers
> do. As for fair play - not in my view - he dragged our club
> down and wasn`t gonna quit, no matter how low we went.
>
> Fair play because he`s not bitter now? Well no - he`s got his
> compo hasn`t he? It`s a great life football management - no
> requirement to succeed - big green and crinkly handshakes no
> matter what.
>
>

Feeling better now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 09:19

`Fair play because he`s not bitter now? Well no - he`s got his compo hasn`t he? It`s a great life football management - no requirement to succeed - big green and crinkly handshakes no matter what.`

I`m sure a 12-year-old could pick holes in that logic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 09:38

I suppose you have to put his comments in context and the fact that he was under pressure to get results. Football is a team game and everyone has to pull their weight for the team. As a manager like any job you have to look at the bigger picture. Its not about individuals is the theme of his comments. The trick in managing people is to meet individual need as well as the teams goals.

He has been honest and transparent with his comments. I don't see that as bitterness. I would be more interested in him reflecting on why it didn't work out rather than individual players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 09:42

No manager is ever going to divulge “other issues” in public.

As for the player who (allegedly) went AWOL for a jolly - that was dealt with, he was named and shamed here, then binned by the club.

What did you expect from the manager ?

He simply wasn’t up to the challenge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 09:44

Grant was next to useless. His p45 should have been waiting after Ibrox.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 10:16

Having listened to the interview I couldn`t fault anything he said. Most of it was already known to Pars` fans. He accepted that results weren`t good enough and he suffered the consequences. He went into a bit of detail about Covid issues because he was asked a specific question about them and he acknowledged that other clubs would have the same experience. His attitude to the Watson issue proves he has the principles you would expect of someone who has been in professional football for over 30 years and nothing was going to change that.

His only explanation of why the players didn`t perform to his expectations was that some weren`t used to playing in front of fans and couldn`t handle it which is a wee bit controversial. The programme obviously had to appeal to a wider audience than Pars` fans but it would have been good to hear his thoughts on playing three at the back and then abandoning it and on his team selection and tactics at Ibrox.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 12:11

The fans thing is he referring to Jones coming from the US University set-up ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 12:15

He can give any excuses he likes but he was a terrible manager for us.HIS bad recruiting, HIS bad Player management, HIS team, HIS formation, HIS results…

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 12:33

He wasn`t giving excuses though. He accepted responsibility. He was trying to find explanations.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 12:40

"excuse - a reason or explanation given to justify a fault or offence"

He`s trying to explain why we were sh1te for just about all of his tenure.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 12:42

He has took the blame and has suffered the sack, what more do you want him to say/do?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 13:05

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 30 Nov 12:42

He has took the blame and has suffered the sack, what more do you want him to say/do?

Keep quiet?

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 13:25

Why? He`s perfectly entitled to give his side of the story. Are you against his right to free speech. Odd.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 13:39

Free speech isn`t the right to say whatever you like without criticism.

In fact criticising Peter Grant is just the people doing the criticising using their own right to free speech.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 13:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 16:07

The not playing in front of fans thing is more likely Ross Graham?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 16:57

I think its fair to say that some of his signings have been a bit of a disaster for us in the early part of this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 16:59

"In fact criticising Peter Grant is just the people doing the criticising using their own right to free speech."

Of course it is Wotsit, but he`s allowed to defend himself, is he not? Anyone is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 17:51

P.G. is a wounded animal .. his pride has been deeply hurt .. So he has to respond .. its human nature .. Its the nature of the response that separates the chaff from the wheat .. just saying

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 17:58

This was grants first crack at a full time job in 15 years and he had a chance to make the squad his own. He was like a kid in a candy store bringing in players without doing any due diligence at all. He also persisted in playing some of those players who were shipping goals every game and he has the gall to wander how results didn’t improve!

He brought in 11 players who were largely dross and if we’re lucky most will leave in Jan or at the end of the season, we have already punted Watson.

He can only blame himself. He’ll have learned a lot for if he gets ever another chance at this level that’s for sure.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 18:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 18:33

Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle like | nolike
Date: Tue 30 Nov 16:07

The not playing in front of fans thing is more likely Ross Graham?

Spot on, And Reece Cole and Kai Kennedy I reckon. Potentially Vytas as well but Grant didn’t seem to play him often.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 18:50

Ref: theparsman1885 Tue 30 Nov 08:33

Quote:

>onandupthepars wrote: [etc]

>Feeling better now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you manage more than three unoriginal words?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ref:: wee eck
Tue 30 Nov 09:19

Quote: onandupthepars

>Fair play because he`s not bitter now? Well no - he`s got his compo hasn`t he? It`s a great life football management - no requirement to succeed - big green and crinkly handshakes no matter what.`

Quote, wee eck:

>I`m sure a 12-year-old could pick holes in that logic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye Wee Eck - strange though, apparently it was too difficult for you to even attempt it.

We`re all eagerly awaiting your next gems - over to you...

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 18:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 19:15

onandupthepars wrote:

> Ref: theparsman1885 Tue 30 Nov 08:33
>
> Quote:
>
> >onandupthepars wrote: [etc]
>
> >Feeling better now?
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Can you manage more than three unoriginal words?
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Ref:: wee eck
> Tue 30 Nov 09:19
>
> Quote: onandupthepars
>
> >Fair play because he`s not bitter now? Well no - he`s got his
> compo hasn`t he? It`s a great life football management - no
> requirement to succeed - big green and crinkly handshakes no
> matter what.`
>
> Quote, wee eck:
>
> >I`m sure a 12-year-old could pick holes in that logic.
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Aye Wee Eck - strange though, apparently it was too difficult
> for you to even attempt it.
>
> We`re all eagerly awaiting your next gems - over to you...
>
>
>
> Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 18:56)

You’re a charmer.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 19:33

Ref:: wee eck
Tue 30 Nov 09:19

Quote: onandupthepars

>Fair play because he`s not bitter now? Well no - he`s got his compo hasn`t he? It`s a great life football management - no requirement to succeed - big green and crinkly handshakes no matter what.`

Quote, wee eck:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye Wee Eck - strange though, apparently it was too difficult for you to even attempt it.

It`s pretty obvious isn`t it? How is there no requirement to succeed if you want to continue to make a living at it? Compensation doesn`t last for ever.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 19:37

`He brought in 11 players who were largely dross and if we’re lucky most will leave in Jan or at the end of the season, we have already punted Watson.`

He didn`t sign Watson.

Moving players on who are under contract isn`t as easy as some folk seem to think especially if they`re `dross`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 20:34

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 30 Nov 19:37

`He brought in 11 players who were largely dross and if we’re lucky most will leave in Jan or at the end of the season, we have already punted Watson.`

He didn`t sign Watson.

Moving players on who are under contract isn`t as easy as some folk seem to think especially if they`re `dross`.

Didn’t Watson break his contract by gross employment misconduct ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 20:38

Yes, I imagine that was the situation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 20:44

Quote, wee eck:

Quote onandup:

>Aye Wee Eck - strange though, apparently it was too difficult for you to even attempt it.

Quote wee eck:

It`s pretty obvious isn`t it? How is there no requirement to succeed if you want to continue to make a living at it? Compensation doesn`t last for ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry wee eck, my eleven year old logic says - so long as you keep getting hired even after failing spectacularly all you need to do is to repeat and pick up successive wads of compo to make a good living and have plenty to retire early on. (Yeh, yeh I know - how do I know etc blah blah - great cries of derision and outrage from the `We luv Peter club...`) 👳‍♂️ (in case you don`t know, this is an emoji of a man wearing a turban, makes a nice change eh?)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 21:07

If you keep on getting the sack you`re unlikely to get another job... I don`t think there`s anyone in the `we love Peter` club on here but some of us don`t question the guy`s motives.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 21:15

Ref: wee eck
Tue 30 Nov 21:07

Quote:

>If you keep on getting the sack you`re unlikely to get another job..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don`t think you`re talking about football management there. And I don`t question his motives either 👳‍♂️ - but we`ve done it to death now Eck. I`m gonna see how Hamilton`s doin`...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 22:19

onandupthepars wrote:

>
> Ref: wee eck
> Tue 30 Nov 21:07
>
> Quote:
>
> >If you keep on getting the sack you`re unlikely to get another
> job..
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don`t think you`re talking about football management there.
> And I don`t question his motives either 👳‍♂️ - but
> we`ve done it to death now Eck. I`m gonna see how Hamilton`s
> doin`...
>
>

Can you explain why you’re using a Turban man emoji? You’re really struggling to come across with any coherent points. You’re fitting in well on this forum 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 23:08

You really seem to have a bee in your bonnet, onandupthepars?
Not sure who you are trying to convince to jump on your bus, but top marks for effort and number of rambling posts.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 30 Nov 23:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Nov 23:54

Ref: theparsman1885 and Raymie the legend.

What you got against men with turbans, or emoji`s with turbans for that matter? Thought we`re supposed to be an inclusive club, non-racist, into rainbows (LGBT and Hope in case you didn`t get that.)

There are coherent points in my posts, but it`s not that important that you see them - I`m sure some folk do. As for rambling - I love it - can`t get enough o` nature. I love bees but unfortunately haven`t seen any recently, far less in ma bunnet. Never mind lads keep fishin` you might catch the drift. 👳‍♂️ 🧕 👩‍🦱 👲🏾⛄️🦆 🌳🥳

Post Edited (Wed 01 Dec 00:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 00:29

onandupthepars wrote:

> Ref: theparsman1885 and Raymie the legend.
>
> What you got against men with turbans, or emoji`s with turbans
> for that matter? Thought we`re supposed to be an inclusive
> club, non-racist, into rainbows (LGBT and Hope in case you
> didn`t get that.)
>
> There are coherent points in my posts, but it`s not that
> important that you see them - I`m sure some folk do. As for
> rambling - I love it - can`t get enough o` nature. I love bees
> but unfortunately haven`t seen any recently, far less in ma
> bunnet. Never mind lads keep fishin` you might catch the drift.
> 👳‍♂️ 🧕 👩‍🦱 👲🏾⛄️🦆 🌳🥳
>
>
>
> Post Edited (Wed 01 Dec 00:04)

Bleak incoherent nonsense from you. The minute Folk see you pull out the “fishing” card it’s an obvious sign toure scrambling for relevance. You’re the one bringing race or whatever into a discussion where it has no place. You seem very irritated or angry, so I hope you get a good nights sleep under your belt and feel better soon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 00:57

Ref: Theparsman

I`m not in the least bit angry. I don`t know why you are. Honestly - if you don`t see or like my humour or wit just ignore me - it`s not for you. I appreciate that words in print can easily be taken to have some kind of intent or slant which they don`t have. Try and read my words as if I`m just having a bit of fun - why else would I include emojis of a man in a turban, a duck and someone with a party-blower? Yes I included an Asian lady emoji as well - don`t you think it`s strange that none of the emojis you see on this forum are ever black people or Asians? I think it`s a point of interest. It`s up to you.

Post Edited (Wed 01 Dec 01:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 01:01

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 01:18

`You really think we should have Peter Grant for our manager, Ross?`

👳‍♂️ 👩🏻 🧕🏾👨🏾‍🦳 👍🏿 👍🏻🏳️‍🌈

Post Edited (Wed 01 Dec 02:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 07:50

At least when the Pars are at the wrong end of the league and struggling you can rely on the odd slavering maniac on here to brighten up your miserable morning.

Jesus fkn christ what a mess

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 07:55

I certainly feel much smarter after reading all that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 11:05

Ref: da_no_1
Wed 1 Dec 07:50

>At least when the Pars are at the wrong end of the league and struggling you can rely on the odd slavering maniac on here to brighten up your miserable morning.

>Jesus fkn christ what a mess

------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you can make it tae the lavy a bit quicker next time.

Post Edited (Wed 01 Dec 11:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 11:49

Ref: DA-go Par Adonis
Date: Wed 1 Dec 07:55

>I certainly feel much smarter after reading all that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind, ye might get a new popgun for Christmas.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 12:19

"Never mind, ye might get a new popgun for Christmas."

Can mind I had the double barrel one out Woolies OAUTP .. I cut the strings of the corks so I could shoot things of the back of the couch ..

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 14:50

Pars pumped Hibs in a bounce match with Kennedy getting a hatrick. Looks good to me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 14:58

Quote:

jake89, Wed 1 Dec 14:50

Pars pumped Hibs in a bounce match with Kennedy getting a hatrick. Looks good to me.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jake, but everyone and their dugs are pumping Hibs just now - well, apart from Therangers..... 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 16:23

Hibs beat St Johnstone at the weekend but I doubt they`ll be fielding their first team in a bounce game. They`re at home to Rangers tonight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Dec 18:39

It was their juniors I think. Still good to beat the junior team of a club in the league above.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Dec 16:15

To the tune of `The first Noel`:

.....we looked on the box
and saw the scores
the Pars had made it no wins seven draws
so after 12 games
he had tae go
even if it meant
he`d be out in the snow
no wins!
no wins!
no wins!
no wins!
Peter the Great
with his compo grins

Post Edited (Thu 02 Dec 20:49)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net