DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Offside ?
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 17:08

Maybe`s aye ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59514037

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Offside ?
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 17:25

Kosovo has VAR.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 19:06

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 3 Dec 17:08

Maybe`s aye ?

An irate Sellick fan texted me to say STV showed this six (6) times tonight! Wtf?
Are we to conclude that Madden is a closet Tim?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 19:15

Madden couldn`t see because of the fog.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 19:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 3 Dec 19:06

Quote:

Maybe`s aye ?

An irate Sellick fan texted me to say STV showed this six (6) times tonight! Wtf?

He might be. Only explanation for that decision when Jota pulled up with cramp. He surely can't be that incompetent

Post Edited (Fri 03 Dec 19:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 20:06

Clearly offside IMO.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 20:08

Quote:

doctordandruff, Fri 3 Dec 19:32

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 3 Dec 19:06

Quote:

Maybe`s aye ?

He might be. Only explanation for that decision when Jota pulled up with cramp. He surely can`t be that incompetent

Ironically, he`s nicknamed the Mad Hun by the Tim fraternity. 🙂

There`s also an assumption that had the goal been chalked off, Celtic would not have won the game, but there`s no way of knowing how the game would have panned out. Hearts might have held out for a point, they might even have sneaked an improbable win, or even still lost,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 20:11

All outcomes well covered there G.G. :-))

Post Edited (Fri 03 Dec 20:12)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 21:01

To be fair to Madden, referees look to their assistants for offside calls. It’s not often that a ref will call an offside. An absolute howler from the linesman.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 3 Dec 22:33

I don`t think the same linesman would have made the same mistake in the second half🤫

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 00:04

To be fair had that went to var it would of been of those very marginal calls. From the angle we can see it looks to be offside but we have all seen enough of these incidences by now to know that when the lines get put down what looks to be offside is actually onside.
Having said that of course last season Celtic were opposed to var being implemented. I wonder why that was...

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 00:29

It’s not even close, he is a yard plus off side. The way the grass has been cut continues the 18 yard line so it’s easy to see.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 01:03

I`ve looked at it a few times, none of from level with last defender mind you, mad I think it`s a very close call. Certia ly within in the realm of human error. Var would have cleared it up within 90 seconds but Celtic opposed such a system being in place.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 06:45

"It’s not even close, he is a yard plus off side. The way the grass has been cut continues the 18 yard line so it’s easy to see."

I don`t agree, DC, I think it`s extremely close. Remember every player is on the move. Agree with the OP - maybes aye, maybes naw.

What`s more telling for me is the furore this has caused in the media. As TOWK points out, we don`t have VAR. Goals have either been wrongly chalked off for offside or allowed to stand when they should have been disallowed, since the offside law was introduced in 1883. I didn`t see the game itself but the match stats suggest Celtic were well on top. To me the most likely outcome is that they would have found a way to score and won anyway as there was plenty of time left. A team which is in front will play in a different manner to a team which is level, especially at home. Most folk who believe the goal was offside automatically think the final score would have been 0-0. Had we been in the last 5 or 10 mins, I`d readily agree with that conclusion, but not with an hour remaining.

As part of his rant, my pal asked me to consider the lack of analysis and indignation when a certain other Glasgow club is awarded a match winning penalty late in the game, as happened 24 hours earlier. He maintains this is down to the composition of pundits and presenters on MSM, most of whom have a connection to this rival club. The pundits immediately come out with phrases like "There was contact" and "He gave the referee an opportunity to award a penalty." Is every contact in the box a penalty? Why should the ref be looking for an opportunity to award a penalty?

I`m always telling him he`s paranoid and he says "Just because I`m paranoid, doesn`t mean they`re not out to get me." He might just have a point.....

Post Edited (Sat 04 Dec 06:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 07:16

If your pal thinks there was little indignation or controversy around the Rangers penalty the other night then he has clearly been avoiding social media.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 08:49

Was he in front of the ball when it was played?

I think so, but it is marginal and they would have needed VAR`s lines to be sure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 08:54

What’s to debate?

It’s the one of the OF at home in a tight game.

It may be marginal & debatable but they always get the decision.

Never going to change……….

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 10:42

Quote:

AJ27, Sat 4 Dec 07:16

If your pal thinks there was little indignation or controversy around the Rangers penalty the other night then he has clearly been avoiding social media.

He was referring specifically to the BBC, AJ. Says SKY are just as bad and has threatened to cancel his subscription because of the perceived lack of balance and objectivity. When you look at the pundits employed by these organisations, you can see why his paranoia - if that`s what it is - goes into overdrive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 11:32

The Scottish pundit with most ever air time on Sky must be Charlie Nicholas. Davie Proven was also a co-commentator for years, so he might even be 2nd.

Otherwise sensible and articulate Celtic supporters completely embarrass themselves when they start talking about this fictional persecution of their club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 12:27

Pedant opportunity - Provan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 14:41

Quite a distance offside. I don`t see how anyone can say it is marginal. Bottom line, the linesman missed it because he was not keeping up with play.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 14:43

The Scottish FA`s head of referee operations Crawford Allan has been on Sportsound discussing Celtic`s controversial winner against Hearts on Thursday.

"I`ll support my referees where I can," said Allan. "I`ll come out and I`ll say if there`s an error.

"Kyogo - is he in front of the defender? Yes, probably he is. You`ve then got to look at the angle of the ball and the speed of it at real time. It`s very, very tight. It`s an understandable decision.

"It`s one that virtual offside lines with VAR could help with. That`s obviously the big picture that we`re looking at. Do I think it`s offside? yeah, I probably do. I can absolutely see why he didn`t give it as well."

Maybe`s aye Maybe`s naw

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 15:10

I`m struggling to see how the pundits employed by those organisations GG is helping to drive your friends paranoia. Pat Bonner is prominent on BBC Scotland radio and Andy Walker has been a pundit on Sky for years. Let`s not also forget that the BBC are currently banned from Ibrox are they not?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 15:19

No one of their journalists is so they won`t go back until everyone is allowed to go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 15:30

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 4 Dec 15:10

I`m struggling to see how the pundits employed by those organisations GG is helping to drive your friends paranoia. Pat Bonner is prominent on BBC Scotland radio and Andy Walker has been a pundit on Sky for years. Let`s not also forget that the BBC are currently banned from Ibrox are they not?

He`s referring to the pundits rather than the organisations, TOWK. I wasn`t suggesting that every pundit has an Ibrox connection, but they certainly outnumber their ex-Parkhead colleagues.

Personally, I would prefer if they only used former players with no connection to either club, as long as they weren`t all as boring as Willie Miller. 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Dec 13:40

Celtic have contacted the SFA expressing unhappiness over comments made in a BBC Radio Scotland interview by referees` chief Crawford Allan and the timing.

Allan angered the Parkhead club when he claimed that Kyogo Furuhashi`s winning goal against Hearts was "probably` offside".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 11 Dec 14:08

That`s as blatantly a criminal act by the officials as Hamilton`s penalty and red card last week. There`s no way that could have been innocent error. VAR has spoiled the game for us to a great extent because we now demand correct decisions but seem to be light years away from that. Surely you would have to question the officials` neutrality.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net