DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Disgrace
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 17:46

That today, simply put, was an absolute disgrace.

A lot of them players aren’t fit to put on the jersey. Seriously, who in this squad deserves to be playing for Dunfermline? One of the worst teams I’ve ever seen. Genuinely wouldn’t mind if every single one of them were released tomorrow. Probably didn’t give a flying fox today because it is their big lads night out for Christmas. Bunch of wasters the lot of them.

Yogi isn’t without blame either. Terrible tactics and persisting with the status quo after an absolutely horrendous first half was criminal. Answers on a postcard. January window can’t come bloody quick enough!

Post Edited (Sat 04 Dec 17:47)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Disgrace
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 17:58

PG built a truly terrible squad. Can’t wait til January to get a bit of turnaround, even more so the end of the season as most of them are out of contract then. A reason to be cheerful.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 18:13

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 4 Dec 17:46

Probably didn’t give a flying fox today because it is their big lads night out for Christmas.

Stopped reading there. You really believe they`d want to go on their night out off the back of a poor performance rather than a win?

By all means, criticise the performance - it was dire. But this nonsense just degrades any valid points you may have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 18:29

There seems to be a lot of faith being placed on a January re-shuffle, undoubtedly it’s needed but not convinced there is going to be many options out there. Occasionally you can add the missing piece to a squad but this one needs emptying.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 18:37

I am sure I read or heard that JH has identified 2 players already
so here`s hoping its true but I think we need a minimum of 4 Gems

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 18:42

Westie while your right it’s hard to get quality in January there must be some loans etc out there or some players not getting a game at somewhere like Ross county that yogi knows from last season who could do a job.

The current players are so poor that even average players would improve the squad in some positions. Heck even players not getting a game at rovers would likely be better than the midfield and forward we put out today.

We need some creativity on the wings too, Kennedy clearly doesn’t fancy it and is an empty shirt, Dow appears finished at this level and when Thomas doesn’t play we barely look like scoring.

We’ll need 2-3 players come Jan regardless of who can be punted. We’ll also need to find a way of getting something from the 3 experienced strikers, McCann may well be the new Callum smith…..

Post Edited (Sat 04 Dec 18:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 18:54

Today was a disgrace and a total embarrassment, to be totally outplayed by a side that was beaten by a junior club last week shows just how far we have sunk , playing with one up front was a tactical disaster from the start we will need more than a couple of players in the January window to turn this around .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 18:57

Was one of the worst performances from a Pars team I have witnessed, we are in deep ****!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 19:23

I must say that was as bad a performance as any under Peter Grant, or maybe it just seemed so because expectations have been raised. Hamilton were no great shakes but they seemed to win all the 50-50 challenges and were `up for it` much more than we were. It`s difficult to pick anyone who got pass marks today. Any `new manager` bounce has quickly disappeared it seems.

I was surprised Yogi was so positive after the game although he conceded Hamilton were the better side. He was adamant though that the `penalty` wasn`t handball and told the ref he must have guessed!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 19:25

Team night out should be cancelled after that shambles. Absolute waste of time and money following that team. Would be delighted to see the back of every single one of them & that’s not an exaggeration
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 20:07

I don’t think it’s a lot to ask to bring in better than we have because what we have isn’t up to much.

Identify a couple of midfielders who aren’t getting a game at SPL sides and could do a job for us. There’s bound to be a fair few who got that bill. Either on loan or on a free.

Another winger to replace Kennedy/dow. Maybe two if Thomas is going to be out for a while.

Extend Connolly or bring in a replacement centre back.

That’s 4 or 5 players, a big ask? I don’t know what finances will be available so it’s hard to say. If we can only afford two then it needs to be the 2 central midfielders, they will make a huge difference and allow us to play two up front without being dominated in the middle of the park.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 20:16

Getting players off the payroll to make way for others may be the problem. Wilson could do a job in midfield if he was fit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 20:18

If we need to get players off the payroll to bring anyone in we are screwed. Thomas is the only player on our books anyone would be of a mind to take away.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 20:23

According to yogi' post match interview Dom Thomas could be out for some time with a knee injury

nazpar

Post Edited (Sat 04 Dec 20:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:14

Scunnered absolutely scunnered with that display today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:15

Quote:

nazpar, Sat 4 Dec 20:23

According to yogi` post match interview Dom Thomas could be out for some time with a knee injury

That is really worrying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:21

The ref was the biggest disgrace, not using that as a excuse we were clueless, I think we passed backwards more than forwards!
Allowing there No3 multi fowls and on 3 occasions walking up to our players on the ground to noise them up. All without a booking! He made almost every decision incorrectly, apparently according to the radio the red card actually hit his throat!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:28

Haven`t seen the match as working but I am gonna give Yogi time. Hopefully he will be given some funds and I expect he will have named a few targets for the window, Whilst keeping his eye`s on the free and loan transfer market.

All that matters is survival in this league, let`s not forget that and stop being quick to turn on the players and staff this time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:33

Rome wasn`t built in a day this was always going to be a period where patience was needed and we will see signs of progress in time
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:47

We all need to get our expectations in the right place - avoiding relegation this season is now the goal, that`s all. Next season may be different but we`re joint bottom nearly half way through the season given what`s gone so far, so thats all there is to try to achieve this year. Get your head around that or you`ll be disappointed each weekend right through till next April
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 21:53

I can handle losing a game (plenty of practice) but it was the manner of the defeat today that got to me. There was absolutely nothing positive to be taken from it. Appalling.

There better be a reaction next Saturday

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 22:46

Row ZZ, have to say that, on your previous form, I’m not particularly impressed with your assessment of players. Came across one of your past contributions the other day where you described Gozie Ugwu as “absolute guff”. I for one would be happy to have that sort of “guff” back at EEP any day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 22:58

topped reading there. You really believe they`d want to go on their night out off the back of a poor performance rather than a win?

By all means, criticise the performance - it was dire. But this nonsense just degrades any valid points you may have.

Some players would rather go on holiday with their pals than play for Dunfermline so anything is possible.👎

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 23:29

It was terrible today. Just shows the job Yogi has on his hands. Also, how the board let Grant assemble this squad is criminal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 23:41

I think the only plus point for me was the way Young Mcann is found a physical side to his game, unfortunately a total lack of support from his teammates made him ineffective today .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Dec 23:43

8 of the starting 11 were signed before Grant arrived.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 01:20

Must admit after the Ayr game, punters saying we could still get top 4, couldn’t believe how naive some folk are as our players really are Sh*t. Pep would struggle

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 06:35

Quote:

Hay Fever, Sun 5 Dec 01:20

Must admit after the Ayr game, punters saying we could still get top 4, couldn’t believe how naive some folk are as our players really are Sh*t. Pep would struggle

I would prefer to call it optimism
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 09:54

I didn`t think top 4 but getting a new manager then winning his first two games gave me optimism we could stay well clean of the bottom 2.

Yesterday set me back. We were terrible and while it was never a penalty we deserved nothing from the game.

Worrying

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 12:55

Wee eck, that just tells you that Grant signed 7 players who aren’t good enough to get in our starting lineup.

The only Grant signing worth his salt is Connolly. The rest are mostly a catastrophic waste of wages.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 13:03

Or it could say that everything gets twisted to lay the blame at Grant`s door.

Not everyone thinks that Dorrans was a poor signing and Breen hasn`t really had a chance through illness and injury. Others haven`t performed to their capabilities I`d say, for whatever reason.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 13:03

Correct Wee Eck.

8 of the starting 11 were signed before Grant came and that`s a no argument.

And those 3 he did sign :- Dorrans, best player in the league, according to Yogi.

Kennedy, valued at a million + by Rangers.

Connelly, our best defender and a fan favourite.

So what`s wrong ?

Wighton must be a lazy git with a poor attitude in training if he cannae get a game in that team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 13:51

As has been said while 8 of the 11 were signed before grant came on board they were squad players at best and a few in particular were going nowhere fast.

We’re fighting for relegation and it’s obvious why, we are effectively playing our reserve team every week with 2-3 decent pro’s

Most of that team wouldn’t be on the park if we bought in some decent players in the summer. I’d go as far as to say most won’t be here next season either, they are not of the standard required and yogi will know that but it’s all he’s got for now.

Post Edited (Sun 05 Dec 13:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 14:10

It`s funny that most folk on here thought we had a squad capable of challenging for promotion at the start of the campaign; the usual experts being wise after the event.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 14:44

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 5 Dec 14:10

It`s funny that most folk on here thought we had a squad capable of challenging for promotion at the start of the campaign; the usual experts being wise after the event.

Berkey didn`t.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 14:52

In all the time I`ve been following this forum Berkey has never made one positive post about the Pars so you`re probably right.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 15:04

Are you lot on this page for real, it wasn`t a great display but considering where we have been this season we have been in darker places than yesterday. We have seen the potential of the team so let`s believe and let them develop to fulfill theirs and our hope's

Post Edited (Sun 05 Dec 15:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 15:39

The main disgrace yesterday was the penalty decision!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 15:46

Quote:

fergie, Sun 5 Dec 15:04

Are you lot on this page for real, it wasn`t a great display but considering where we have been this season we have been in darker places than yesterday. We have seen the potential of the team so let`s believe and let them develop to fulfill theirs and our hope`s

I really do admire your optimism. I chose yesterday for my first away game in god knows how long. It was absolutely sh1te. I`m usually quite a positive person especially about the Pars but there was NOTHING to take from that. Rank rotten for 90 minutes.

There better be harsh words tomorrow and we better see a reaction on Saturday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 16:26

da,
I don`t think the players like listening to harsh words. I get the feeling this lot down tools whenever that happens.

I`m sure Grant gave them it tight and now Yogi needs to now, to just remind them where they are in the league.

This lot would get Klopp the sack.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 18:41

Did anyone see what colour of Labrador the stand side Assistant Referee had.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 20:03

I’d imagine quite a few players whose contracts are up at the end of the season are already looking for their next victims.

Its proving hard enough getting them fighting for everything at this point never mind listening to some harsh words.

Your right wee eck, I defo wasn’t one of those who thought we would be safely clear of relegation this season, looking at the squad and with Thomas out for a number of games we’re defo not too good to go down.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 20:17

So you foresaw that Thomas would be injured before we were halfway through the season? That`s remarkable!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 21:00

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 5 Dec 20:17

So you foresaw that Thomas would be injured before we were halfway through the season? That`s remarkable!

He never stated that at all so stop putting words in his mouth to suit your wee agenda
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 22:10

What wee agenda`s that? What he said didn`t really make sense so it was open to interpretation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 23:22

What’s worrying the most from yogi’s post match interview is that the effort and commitment yesterday couldn’t be questioned, if that’s the best those players have got then we are doomed. Was an absolute disgraceful performance

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Dec 23:33

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 5 Dec 23:22

What’s worrying the most from yogi’s post match interview is that the effort and commitment yesterday couldn’t be questioned, if that’s the best those players have got then we are doomed. Was an absolute disgraceful performance

If he came out after the game and slaughtered them folk like you would still be raging. Would you prefer that?

Personally I saw no lack of effort......we`re just no very good

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 08:37

Folk like me, considering you’ve never met me, pretty strange comment to be making. Anyway, after making the time and effort to go like many others, I’d rather hear some truth instead of a load of ***** saying stuff like that, if our best efforts are to pass it between the centre backs then either punt it or give the ball away then like I said huge problems

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 08:56

There are a fair few people on here that have never met me who judge me by my comments on here. It`s the way of the world these days.

I never read too much into post match interviews. Utterly pointless. If you want to hang a manager by his words during one then knock yersel out chap.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 13:03

Ha! Good to see wee peck getting his wings clipped.

I told you, send me your address and I’ll send you a signed pic to help you get over your infatuation. So bad you have to make stuff up to manufacture some sort of point and you can’t even get that right! Embarrassing.

If yogi has learned anything from his spell at raith it’s that he’s not going to critique the players in his post match interviews ever again! You just get some bland, can’t fault the effort never got the breaks type response.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 13:06

McGlynn said in an article today that Arbroaths success as a part time club was making a mockery of Scottish Football. Not taking anything away from Arbroath but there is some truth to that. What constitutes a full time player in our league. Perhaps the gap between full and part time is not so great and in terms of earnings maybe players are better off part time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 14:17

Quote:

Indiapar, Mon 6 Dec 13:06

McGlynn said in an article today that Arbroaths success as a part time club was making a mockery of Scottish Football. Not taking anything away from Arbroath but there is some truth to that. What constitutes a full time player in our league. Perhaps the gap between full and part time is not so great and in terms of earnings maybe players are better off part time.

There are loads of good to great players who make a better living part time.
Dick Campbell knows this better than anyone.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 14:41

Berkey, it`s probably a mistake to engage with you on here because you`re one of these posters who are so sure of their own position that they don`t actually pay attention to anyone else`s. You even think that someone who responds to any of your posts is `infatuated` with you. Just to remind you, here`s the post I couldn`t make sense of :-

`Your right wee eck, I defo wasn’t one of those who thought we would be safely clear of relegation this season, looking at the squad and with Thomas out for a number of games we’re defo not too good to go down.`

It conflates your prediction at the start of the season with something which has just happened which no one could have predicted. To be honest, it`s nonsensical.

I also don`t like your comment about players whose contracts are out of contract at the end of the season looking for their next `victims`. You might not rate some players but the implication that they are some sort of con men is just childish. Professional sport is fiercely competitive and to reach even the modest level of the Scottish Championship requires hard work, dedication and ability most of us can only dream about.

That`s my last word to you but I`ll be following your posts with interest in the vain hope of finding that elusive first positive post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 16:39

This is a daft question, but how does it work being a full time player? Are you on the training pitch/gym at 9am every day?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 17:18

Players will turn up around 10am for a 1030 start.

It used to be the case that training was over after a couple of hours and the players would be free to play play golf, snooker or spend the afternoon in the bookies

I`m pretty sure now that most full time players will have a light lunch and do another couple of hours in the afternoon, including some gym work?

All in all, they will probably be spending around 5-6 hours a day at training?

Part-time will be two nights per week, usually Tuesday and Thursday, for a couple of hours each evening

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 17:37

When i lived in Lennoxtown the Celtic `senior` players were in for 10am and away for 2pm pretty much like clockwork every day (the fleet of corporate Mercs and Audi`s stuck out like a sore thumb).

Maybe a bit more to it for injured guys and folks with specialist rehab programmes to go through with the physios but it was pretty much bang on that time every day.

The couple of guys i know who still play are either at the gym every other day (outwith Tuesday + Thursday training) or out running about the streets so i'd imagine they'd be as fit as a FT player in that scenario.

Allso the old misty eyed idea of it all being roofers, posties and fisherman pitching up to training after a 10 hour shift is a bit of a relic now - not daying that it doesn't happen - but loads of these guys these days are involved in sports / fitness line of work in their 'day jobs'.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Mon 06 Dec 17:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 18:12

Isn`t it the case that only a couple of days a week (probably Tuesday and Thursday) are given over to full physical training? I would imagine on Monday a lot of time would be spent analysing Saturday`s game and on Friday discussing tactics etc for the next game. I think Sunday and Wednesday are normally days off except for injured players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 18:45

Madness that we are not looking at a hybrid setup.

Plenty good players play PT, we are missing out on a lot of great players.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 19:51

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 6 Dec 08:56

I never read too much into post match interviews. Utterly pointless. If you want to hang a manager by his words during one then knock yersel out chap.

This, a thousand times this

What John Hughes is saying in the media, isn`t necessarily what he`s saying at training or in the changing room.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Dec 21:03

I agree. It also gives PT players a route to FT football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 05:40

Quote:

Angus_W, Mon 6 Dec 18:45

How would that be practical? Full time players are in week days and part time players come along on a Tuesday and Thursday night?
Move the full timers to train at night twice a week?
Have them all train separately?
Expect part timers to take time off work to attend tactics sessions/briefings?
Only work on shape or set pieces when everyone is there?

That seems a completely fanciful post that doesn`t consider the logistical nightmare it would create for the manager and coaches.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 05:44

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Tue 7 Dec 05:40

Quote:

How would that be practical? Full time players are in week days and part time players come along on a Tuesday and Thursday night?

That seems a completely fanciful post that doesn`t consider the logistical nightmare it would create for the manager and coaches.

It`s happened before though in the mid 80`s as we transitioned from fully part time to full time. That process didn`t happen overnight and didn`t do us any harm.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 07:27

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Tue 7 Dec 05:44

Quote:

Quote:

It`s happened before though in the mid 80`s as we transitioned from fully part time to full time. That process didn`t happen overnight and didn`t do us any harm.

Football was a different beast in the 80s surely.

Still not really answered any of the logistical questions? Would we expect Yogi to train players during the day, then come back at night for the part timers?

The whole idea seems born out of desperation cause we know our players aren`t currently good enough. Far better to stay full time and trust the process of Hughes bringing in his own players over time.

Post Edited (Tue 07 Dec 07:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 08:41

I agree with Roger Daltrey - it would present a number of issues for the coaching staff

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 09:38

Quote:

Quote:

This ^^^^^

AJ was offered a hybrid squad when he was appointed but told the club he much preferred to work with a smaller, full time squad. A mix of full and part time players is also a logistical nightmare for the coaching staff. Full time players understandably don`t want to train in the evenings - parttimers can`t. When do the coaches bring them all together to work on tactics and training routines?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 09:52

What Dick & his team achieve at Arbroath is fantastic but without causing offence I think they`ll always come up short regarding promotion.

If we want to get out the right end of this league we need to stay full time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 10:01

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 07 Dec 08:41

I agree with Roger Daltrey - it would present a number of issues for the coaching staff

I’m sure that’s the main reason Raith stopped the hybrid set up. It’s a logistical nightmare and would put off some full time players signing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 10:20

"It`s funny that most folk on here thought we had a squad capable of challenging for promotion at the start of the campaign; the usual experts being wise after the event."

This has been brought up before and I`m not sure it`s that accurate. I recall many people - myself included - assuming that Pybus was brought in as a squad player and that we`d sign two more central midfielders before the start of the season. Quite a few also thought that we lacked a real defensive midfielder, and that a lot of our midfield options looked to be similar (number 10/winger types) and that if that was addressed we`d likely be up there. It wasn`t and we aren`t. Of course we weren`t to know Mehmet and Graham were to be as bad as they turned out and that we`d persist with a system that didn`t suit the squad for so long, but the central midfield issue still hasn`t been addressed and is still the major issue as I see it. Fix that and we should be OK, but if we don`t then we are certainly in deep trouble.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 10:43

We signed Dorrans and Cole after we signed Pybus. The fans seem to be split over Dorrans but for me he`s better quality than we`ve had in midfield recently. Cole hasn`t had many opportunities but has disappointed when he has had a chance. I think a fit Wilson would improve the midfield but injury has blighted his season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 13:41

Cole is another number 10 and has offered virtually nothing since he signed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 18:36

Why not think outside the box?

So full-timers come in a couple of nights a week & receive time off elsewhere.
Utilise technology for tactics & briefings. A flexible & agile working environment.

If we could get it to work the benefits at our level are massive.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 19:06

Are Raith still hybrid or are the all full-time now?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 19:11

Full time. Hybrid wasn’t working for them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 21:15

I suppose it depends how you set a system up. Its clearly working for Arbroath as a PT team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 21:20

^^ I think the fact Dick owns a recruitment company helps take care of that a little bit Indiapar.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 21:45

Thats true GG4! Maybe we need to set up a recruitment company.

Not sure I am buying the whole thing about tactics, training together etc. We have signed players and they have walked straight into the team on a Saturday. Sometimes we can overthink this sort of thing.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net