DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Penalties
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 11:46

Halfway through the season and I can`t think of one penalty we`ve been awarded in any competition. Mind you, I can`t think of many `shouts` either. Maybe that`s a reflection of how much time we`ve spent in the opposition penalty box. I wonder who our designated penalty-taker is?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Penalties
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 12:24

We haven’t had a penalty and have conceded the most.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 13:18

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sun 19 Dec 12:24

We haven’t had a penalty and have conceded the most.

And none of them were penalties 🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 13:38

Mehmet knocking the Morton player over on the first game of the season was def a pen to be fair.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 18:31

We’ve conceded 4 penalties (yesterday doesn’t count, since match was abandoned). 3 of them were clear penalties.

Morton away - Mehmet clatters Morton attacker and penalty is deservedly given.

Arbroath away - Dow runs right into Linn (I think) as he was cutting onto his right foot. Clear penalty.

Morton at home - Connolly makes a diving save with his hands. Stonewall penalty and should have been a red card too.

Main reason we haven’t had one yet is probably linked to our lack of attacking threat/intent. If we aren’t getting into the opposition box and causing problems, we aren’t going to draw a foul in the box. I can’t think of any glaring errors where we should have had a penalty but didn’t, but I could be wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 18:57

"Morton at home - Connolly makes a diving save with his hands. Stonewall penalty and should have been a red card too."

Weren`t the rules in this situation changed so that a yellow card is the correct decision ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 19:11

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 19 Dec 18:57

"Morton at home - Connolly makes a diving save with his hands. Stonewall penalty and should have been a red card too."

Weren`t the rules in this situation changed so that a yellow card is the correct decision ?

Only when it’s not a deliberate foul. Deliberate handball to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity is still a red card. Hence why the debate after the Hamilton game was whether Dorrans handled the ball, rather than anyone trying to claim a handball couldn’t have been a red card.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 19:29

I find the laws about penalties and cards now totally bamboozling. If the ref thought Dorrans` challenge yesterday was a penalty but didn`t give him a yellow card does that mean he thought he made a genuine attempt to play the ball? It looked to me as if he made a genuine attempt NOT to play the ball or the player.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JoshPars4life  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 20:26

This not including the penalty and red card against dorrans? Or does that not count since it eas overturned on appeal 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 21:17

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 19 Dec 19:29

I find the laws about penalties and cards now totally bamboozling. If the ref thought Dorrans` challenge yesterday was a penalty but didn`t give him a yellow card does that mean he thought he made a genuine attempt to play the ball? It looked to me as if he made a genuine attempt NOT to play the ball or the player.

Just means he didn’t think it was a bookable offence. Not every foul is a bookable offence. Same rules for bookings apply inside and outside of the box. It’s only instances of denying a clear goal scoring opportunity that is treated differently inside and outside of the box.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 22:23

Thanks, par-91. That makes sense.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net