DAFC.net
Home 28 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 500 Fans from Boxing Day for 3 weeks
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 14:38

Disapointing but that is the times we are in. Not much time for the club to make arrangements for the boxing day game.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 500 Fans from Boxing Day for 3 weeks
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 14:44

Some will get this decision but lot`s not going to understand why a largely vaccinated outdoor crowd which can easily socially distance is banned in law.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 14:49

Jason Leitch on radio scotland on sat said 500/5000/50000 at games isnt the issue its the travel to/from on public transport and the mixing in pubs etc before and after thats the concern

Absolute shambles

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 14:54

Heard him say that. People going to be going in cars and public transport to all sorts of other things so not really getting that one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 14:58

"Jason Leitch on radio scotland on sat said 500/5000/50000 at games isnt the issue its the travel to/from on public transport and the mixing in pubs etc before and after thats the concern"

But they keep the pubs open.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:11

She hates fitba fans. Simple.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:19

I seem to remember 3 weeks was mentioned in March 2020!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:20

500 allowed at kelty and 500 allowed at Celtic park. Zero logic to it whatsoever. Life will never get back to normal with these idiots making the decisions.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:30

What a shambles, makes no sense whatsoever, decisions made by people whose bills get paid no matter what.

Nothing to do with protecting the vulnerable-which we have not done in any way, if it was we would have a serious strategy for obesity and the Scottish diabetes (underlying health conditions which are awful for covid deaths) we have neither of these.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:32

Anyone else who`s been double vaxxed and boosted wondering why they actually bothered? I did it as I thought it would absolve me from having to hide away indefinitely. Vaccine passports would have mitigated this surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:45

Aw min, right when a break off too.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 15:59

Public transport on Boxing Day! Some chance.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 16:26

I would imagine club may restrict attendance to those booked for hospitality. Too short notice to ballot season ticket holders and won’t need to pay for stewarding.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 16:32

Here`s my suggestion.

The SPFL announce a winter break and suspend all football for the next 4-6 weeks. This would allow a reassessment of the Covid situation at the end of January. At that point the season would either resume or the break would be further extended. There`s no summer WC next year so there`s no reason the season could not be extended into May or even June.

Eta. There was no football for about 3 months during the Big Freeze of 1963.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Dec 16:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 16:44

The club is awaiting guidance from the SPFL and the JRG regarding the fixtures during this period once that has been received supporters will be informed

Edited to add from statement on COWS

Post Edited (Tue 21 Dec 16:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 16:50

There are nations cup matches first week in June. Unlikely season will be extended and mainly in my opinion as the 3 weeks may last longer. Just get games played while they can.
Scottish cup 21st May is last game, there are very little time to play missed games as it is, covid will impact on teams like it has down south anyway

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 17:02

Celtic statement saying they are meeting with other clubs to bring in the winter break from 3rd jan to Boxing day (3 matches)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 17:12

The winter break only covers the Premiership so wouldn`t affect us and the only reason Celtic want it moved is to avoid playing Rangers with only 500 fans in the stadium
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 17:30

I guess it`ll be up to the clubs in each division to decide whether they want to play on with the limit of 500 (not sure if that`s 500 fans, or if the number includes players and staff too) or stop playing for a few weeks.

Top division - likley to prefer a suspension. Bottom two divisions - might well prefer to play on, since many clubs wouldn`t be greatly impacted by it. Our division - not sure.

I`d certainly prefer to stop for a few weeks and reschedule later. Look to restart in February, hopefully with normal crowds but if that isn`t possible, then reluctantly continue anyway.

If the suggestion above - allowing entry only to those who have booked hospitality - comes to pass, I would be seriously disappointed. You`d be giving access to the only people who would spend some time indoors with the greater risk that adds, and giving access to corporate friends, some of whom won`t be too fussed about the Pars, over folk who go every week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parca_Par  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 17:32

Would be a nice gesture by the club to reward the fans who went to Killie on Saturday to see half a game with some of the 500 tickets. Although appreciate it would be extremely difficult to administer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 17:44

If the hospitality idea is the option then there will be an outcry, the corporate clients being favoured over ordinary fans

A straight ballot of season ticket holders is the only fair way in my opinion, those who are successful on the first ballot are precluded from the next home game ballot

I hope the directors are not those who are the first in line, they were fortunate enough to attend all games at the last lockdown

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 17:47

January transfer window to be suspended as well?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PilmuirPar  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 18:11

I hope we get the games postponed for a post restrictions date. I’d imagine most clubs would prefer this and it’s not like we have busy midweeks in this league anyway so there should be space.

Ridiculous decision from the SNP.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 18:54

Looks like English football probably going ahead with fans. Would feel a bit better about that if there was even a whit of evidence that the constantly tighter restrictions in Scotland had made any difference to covid outcomes in Scotland compared to England.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Dec 19:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 19:18

It’s a disgrace. Rovers and Pars should reschedule the match

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 19:48

What’s the point of COVID passports, surely that should have been the next step?

Are clubs going to be compensated for loss of income?

If travel is an issue then ban away fans in supporter buses.

It’s astonishing that you can sit in a pub all day but not attend a football match outside.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 19:49

I would be in favour of a `winter break` for the games, the only thing is I`ve got a feeling this is a repeat of previous statements which will follow with further lockdowns.

So we keep getting booster jabs, then lockdowns.

Great.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 20:24

If you start putting games back there becomes a real possibility season can’t be concluded. Just play games, if behind closed doors or 500 so be it. Dont understand 500 rule though. Home fans only say 1/4 or 1/5 stadium capacity

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 20:31

"If travel is an issue then ban away fans in supporter buses."

What about groups of home fans that run supporters buses ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 20:42

GiGi has it right. No football at all in January and reschedule for March/April. Football is nothing without fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 21:14

The only thing limited is going to sporting events in open air stadiums. You couldn`t make it up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 21:23

Veteran,

How many clubs out with the SPL run buses to home games?

Don’t see why the Championship, SPL 1 and 2 need to play behind closed doors.

Most clubs if not all out with the SPL could socially distance with more than 500 fans.

This rule has purely been taken purely based on the OF.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 21:24

Quote:

arpar, Tue 21 Dec 21:14

The only thing limited is going to sporting events in open air stadiums. You couldn`t make it up.

Theatres etc restricted to 100 people. Must have drinks in a bar ordered from a table. There`s plenty new restrictions apart from sport!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 21:34

Quote:

charlie1, Tue 21 Dec 21:24

Quote:

arpar, Tue 21 Dec 21:14

Theatres etc restricted to 100 people. Must have drinks in a bar ordered from a table. There`s plenty new restrictions apart from sport!

Table service at a pub is hardly a restriction. Indoor events are limited but why bother with the Covid passport if you just chuck it in the bin. South Africa are further down the road with this and they are seeing case numbers drop and hospitalisations dropping. We have a very high vaccine uptake which is supposed to still be effective of stopping serious illness yet we`re back to this again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Tue 21 Dec 21:47

Like the sound of suspending the league for January. However extending season is tricky when players are out of contract.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 07:08

I`ve taken it upon myself to write to the SPFL`s CEO :-

Good Morning Neil,

I have been a supporter of Scottish football and a fan of Dunfermline Athletic since 1963. We met briefly at Tynecastle in April 2018, when I was delighted to accept the SPFL Trust`s trophy for the Community Project of the Year, on behalf of Dunfermline Athletic.

I learned with some dismay of the Scottish Government`s decision to limit attendances at senior games to a maximum of 500 spectators, for at least 3 weeks from 26th December. While this may not impact significantly on some clubs in the lower leagues, it will cripple the finances of clubs like my own, who were already struggling to make ends meet, before these restrictions were announced.

I believe it is incumbent on the SPFL to give its member clubs the democratic opportunity to decide the best way forward at this time. Clubs in each of the four leagues should be asked to vote on a proposal to suspend all games for 3 weeks from Boxing Day, with another vote scheduled at the end of that period to decide whether to resume matches or extend the postponements. A simple majority for each league would be required. Should any league return a tied vote, the SPFL would exercise a casting vote.

While you may feel that a suspension could produce a huge backlog of matches, I would remind you that during the so-called Big Freeze of 1963, there was virtually no football played for over three months and the season was still completed by May 18th.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 07:12

I am behind suspending the league fixtures. I was expecting this for a while but still gutted. Particularly the Rovers game.
Regarding the COVID situation, maybe an insight to the real decisions that are being taken. I was on a conference with a colleague in Dorset where his wife, on the call, informed him she had COVID. She works as a firefighter who are now almost reduced to 60% of total engines with so many staff isolating. It will be the same in the health service and police. If this rate increases then there is a public risk to life.
I think with years of underfunding these services we are seeing the true issue. However the government will not tell you this. So for me cancellation is not only right for the supporters but also to avoid diversion of the meagre resources now available to support all of us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 08:01

Summer football

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 08:43

Quote:

Angus_W, Wed 22 Dec 08:01

Summer football

Now is the time! COVID is not going away. Cases lower in the summer. Great idea.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 09:07

We got to the play offs with no fans, get the games played!

Also, late January/February is the worst of the winter and we will likely have postponements

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 10:13

Nice one GG, that all sounds very sensible

I can`t imagine the Premiership will be pushed back as Sky would have to agree it but there`s no reason why the lower leagues couldn`t do so

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 10:47

League meeting today,hopefully sense will prevail and they suspend all games for three weeks.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 10:52

Definitely no in agreement over 500 fans. Which would be a ballot of season ticket holder’s. What happens if say dad has 2 kids and they have season tickets and only 1 of there tickets comes out the ballot ? Also the club already has that money in the bank, so only bringing 500 Season ticket holder’s in makes no money

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 11:04

Good post and sensible letter to the authorities by GG Riva there. Hopefully they will see sense and postpone the leagues for 3 weeks.
If they do decide to plough on, then the club should try and maximise revenue here. Season ticket holders can watch at home, so the club should sell tickets only to fully vaccinated people at £50 a head.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 11:13

Dear Gennaro,

Good to hear from you and thank you for your email below.

I can reassure you that the SPFL is conducting consultation with all 42 member clubs about the new restrictions.  The SPFL Board will make a decision following that consultation process.  The key difference between 1963 and 2021/22 is that there is considerably more fixture congestion now than was the case then.

Let us see what the clubs wish to see happen.

In the meantime, many thanks for taking the time to write to me with your views.

Kind regards, Neil

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 11:55

red-star-par, No chance of that way of maximising revenue. 1) Not everyone has IT access or skills to use. 2) Some people are not able to be vaccinated for health reasons, not fair to exclude them. 3) £50 a head for second division football (championship) is not an attractive option, many do not buy season tickets because of cost, how could they afford that.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 12:04

You do realise that hospitality is also for normal fans ~ I’m booked in for the ICT match day, and I know a number of pars pals have been booked up for weeks now at the Boxing Day fixture. I’m looking forward to my day oot.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 13:14

Just makes it seem pointless getting vaccinated twice (then catching covid), then getting a booster and still can`t go to an outdoor event. I`m not a season ticket holder so wouldn`t expect a ticket anyway but was looking forward to the festive games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: watst003  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 13:44

Absolutely gutted. Had been planning for a while to bring 8 or so mates up from London for the Hamilton game in Jan, now we`ve had to cancel the trip entirely ;-(

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 14:58

Summer fitba is a great shout…

forget covid, I’m fed up sitting in the freezing cold and getting home with numb hands and feet despite wearing countless layers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 17:15

Jamie Borthwick
@jamiekborthwick

The Scottish Championship clubs have voted to play on in front of the reduced capacities of 500.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 17:36

If Covid is to be with us in the long term Summer football is a no brainer.

Infection numbers are lower & the chances off lockdowns & interruptions to the fixture schedule are at their minimum. IMO the SFL should be looking at this right now or I can’t see the game surviving in the lower leagues.

Post Edited (Wed 22 Dec 17:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:13

Quote:

GJS93, Wed 22 Dec 17:15

Jamie Borthwick
@jamiekborthwick

The Scottish Championship clubs have voted to play on in front of the reduced capacities of 500.

Words fail me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:21

We can pray for a big freeze along with heavy snow to get the games postponed!🤞
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:29

So much for football being nothing without fans… absolute joke. Will expect the fans to bail them out when they are all skint as well

Post Edited (Wed 22 Dec 18:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:37

30 clubs, 30 fan groups, it was never going to be a consensus of opinion just like in 2020 everyone looking after themselves

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:43

Quote:

dafc, Wed 22 Dec 18:37

30 clubs, 30 fan groups, it was never going to be a consensus of opinion just like in 2020 everyone looking after themselves

It wasn`t the fan groups who voted though. I can understand the lower league club chairmen voting to carry on as the restrictions will not have a significant impact on their attendances, but all the Championship clubs have average attendances in 4 figures.

Absolutely crazy.

Post Edited (Wed 22 Dec 18:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:49

I may not like the decision but i do understand it due to the fact it is pretty obvious it will be a lot longer than 3 weeks that the restrictions will be in place for
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 18:57

It will cost smaler clubs also as there wil be restrictions on hospitallity which is a big revenue stream for these clubs.

I like a lot of fans would have favored the lockdown, but the club reps must know what is best for their clubs.

Football without fans is nothing?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:05

If this is true of the 500 people able to attend how many will actually be supporters.

I find this very disappointing we should all be in the same boat and not disadvantaged through not fault of our own doing.

Going forward dunfermline need to consider a loyalty scheme where you get added points for the games you attend

I go home and away and think it`s disgraceful that potentially many loyal fans could be prevented from going to the game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:07

When the club`s start to suffer money wise, it`ll be interesting to see who breaks ranks and says they wanted the games changed but they were outvoted.
I personally don`t see the logic the Championship and certain league 1 teams are showing.
League 2 I get, but not the other 2.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:08

Ok so if that`s the decision the club will need to get a move on and communicate how the 500 will be selected, and if any pre booked hospitality will still go ahead. It`s less that 4 days to the next game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:12

Quote:

cfad, Wed 22 Dec 19:08

Ok so if that`s the decision the club will need to get a move on and communicate how the 500 will be selected, and if any pre booked hospitality will still go ahead. It`s less that 4 days to the next game

Give them a chance min!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:14

I`m not very good a links etc but Falkirk have just released a statement and only 380 tickets are available for supporters.

They are doing first come first serve at there club shop tomorrow.

We will most likely be the same
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:18

There must already be a plan in place, hopefully not hanging about all day tomorrow waiting on details!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:22

I`m away up to the ticket office with my sleeping bag right now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:36

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 22 Dec 19:14

I`m not very good a links etc but Falkirk have just released a statement and only 380 tickets are available for supporters.

They are doing first come first serve at there club shop tomorrow.

We will most likely be the same

Not at all fair for those working or just unavailable for a day.
My suggestion would be to 1. Honour pre paid hospitality (I get the fact that it`s an even more COVID risky situation, and that there will be some corporate bods there, but let`s face it most have been jagged & boosted, and we need the income it generates) 2. Then Ballot season ticket holders who want to apply to go (their details are held by the club already). No popular answers here as some will miss out regardless of which way the club go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:37

It looks like the Premiership clubs have reached a compromise. They`ll play in front of 500 fans on Boxing Day and postpone the the New Year games.

Brian McLauchlin

BBC Sport Scotland

I`ve had it confirmed, the games on Boxing Day will go ahead as planned.

After that, the winter break for Premiership clubs will begin. The games that have postponed will be played on the week beginning 17 January and the second set the week beginning 31 January.

Celtic will be happy, but I can`t say I understand the logic behind that decision.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:42

Confirmed that our league is continuing:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-press-release-48140

Well, that is utter horseshit.

Post Edited (Wed 22 Dec 19:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:46

Kilmarnock voted to cancel games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 19:49

Wait so my £300 on a season ticket shouldn’t be honoured cause someone has booked hospitality? That’s an absolute horrendous idea and if the club actually done that then I’ll be asking for a partial refund on my season ticket

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 21:10

The Arbroath and Inverness games are to be played behind closed doors
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 21:23

Will our FM financially back our clubs? Probably not.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 21:25

No she will blame Westminster for not providing them with enough funding
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRJ1986  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 21:47

Absolutely gutted, finally got hospitality tickets for an EEP Boxing Day fixture and it’s in the bin. I can’t blame the board as it’s not like they’d have taken the decision lightly, there was always going to be many unhappy fans denied entry.

It’s now time for Sturgeon to give a detailed explanation as to why we are essentially locking down AGAIN. As people have said what’s the point in receiving vaccinations then boosters to be no further forward? People die, it’s unfortunate but let’s just get on with living our lives! FFS we can’t have lockdown (official or non-official) every 6 months.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 22:17

I agree with you DRJ we have to live with it.

Not the club`s, or footballs fault, we just have to suck it up.

Thank goodness for Pars TV.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 22 Dec 22:17

Club made the right choice. I hope its a hard frost and gets postponed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 00:41

I have season ticket & will be watching the next 2 home games online. Please don’t make this any harder for the club than it already is.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net