DAFC.net
Home 08 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The manager
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 19:30

We have to be a little more street wise says it all is he watching the Same game as us .

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The manager
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 19:35

This is just a re-run of Raith 2017. I’m fully expecting relegation.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 20:42

The squad isn’t good enough.

We played 3 players today that have come through the youth ranks that should be out on loan in league 2 but due to PG signings they are the best we have.

The appointment of PG has been an absolute disaster that could impact on our club for several years.

PG signings have been a shocking, only Dorrans gets a start.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 21:48

It`s not just Grant signings that are the problem. Crawford also signed players who are not good enough. Wighton for example is a waste of a jersey. Yogi has undoubtedly been left with a poor squad. All the more reason therefore to play the best that he has at his disposal. That to me means Gasputis for Breen, Pybus and Kennedy for Allan and Todd, and Todorov for McCann. I am not saying these guys are great, but we are currently relying on youngsters to get us out of a relegation battle when we need experience. It was men against boys once again today. If we play the best we have and bolster the team with a few good signings, we may have a fighting chance. If we persist with what we had today, we are down.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 22:31

The general consensus when Wighton and Todorov signed was that they would guarantee us goals. Our forward line isn`t the issue.

Our midfield is utterly non existent.

Sorry to say we need to bin the young guys and bring in experience.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 26 Dec 22:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 22:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 26 Dec 22:31

The general consensus when Wighton and Todorov signed was that they would guarantee us goals. Our forward line isn`t the issue.

Our midfield is utterly non existent.

Sorry to say we need to bin the young guys and bring in experience.

Totally agree. And McCann has done more in the last month than Todorov has all season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 22:52

No general concensus I my direction that Wighton, Todorov or O`Hara, for that matter, will ever guarantee anything, least of all goals. Wighton has no ball control, Todorov has no pace and O`Hara has neither. Good forwards can inspire the whole team and nothing does that to better effect than sticking the ball in the net, something that all three have signally failed to do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 22:57

The one thing O`Hara does have is pace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 23:09

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 26 Dec 22:52

No general concensus I my direction that Wighton, Todorov or O`Hara, for that matter, will ever guarantee anything, least of all goals. Wighton has no ball control, Todorov has no pace and O`Hara has neither. Good forwards can inspire the whole team and nothing does that to better effect than sticking the ball in the net, something that all three have signally failed to do.

What a load of nonsense. How many clear-cut chances have we missed this year? The issue is creating chances, we have the players that can finish chances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 23:30

Have to agree with DBA !!
How many chances or clear cut chances do we make in games ?
Very little at all due to our midfield being too far back and not supporting the forwards , If you don`t deliver decent balls in to the box we have no chance of scoring , it`s glaring where we have the problem !! and it is certainly not the Forwards

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 23:32

He’s inherited a total sh1tshow, recruitment is by far the biggest factor in how well the team performs and in my opinion he needs at the very least the next two windows to put his stamp on the team. The guys only in the door and will still be working out who the duds are and the very few that are capable at this level. Cut him slack and give him time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Dec 23:35

Good forwards can make chances by their ball skills, pace and positioning. Balls bounce off our forwards and they don`t compliment each other by forming good partnerships. Admittedly the supply chain is somewhat lacking but I just don`t see the latent skill in our forwards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 11:27

Yogi needs to start picking the best players available. Not playing guys like o’hara who’s our top scorer seems stupid to me. The experiment with McCann, Todd and Allan needs to stop, they just aren’t ready for this level yet. Gasputis is miles better than breen yet can’t get a game for some reason, think a potential fallout there. Without Dom Thomas we are absolutely awful to watch, and even when he’s in the team, he’s the only one capable of actually creating something

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:03

It looks like yogi is trying to push the higher earners out by just refusing to play them unless he absolutely has to.

It feels like he’s handicapping us now in the hope of shifting one or 2 next month.

Dangerous strategy with a team getting pumped most weeks and the youngsters being shown up every week getting their confidence shot to bits.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:14

We are not in a false position in the league that`s for sure.
I`m not quite sure why O`Hara in particular has been frozen out and we`re relying on a youngster with little experience.
This transfer window is going to define our whole season. Midfield positions are absolutely crucial.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:23

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 27 Dec 13:03

It looks like yogi is trying to push the higher earners out by just refusing to play them unless he absolutely has to.

It feels like he’s handicapping us now in the hope of shifting one or 2 next month.

Dangerous strategy with a team getting pumped most weeks and the youngsters being shown up every week getting their confidence shot to bits.

Apart from yesterday we`ve been in most games under Yogi. I`d rather he play the kids who work hard that wage thief`s like Pybus, Todorov and Wilson until we get some replacements.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:34

I hate the term `wage thief` being applied to professional footballers. The three guys named haven`t lacked effort when they`ve played and, if they haven`t been picked, it`s likely to be due to a change of manager or, in Wilson`s case, through injury. `Wage thief` is one of these lazy phrases some fans love to use when they don`t rate somebody.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:36

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 27 Dec 13:03

I`m not seeing us being pumped most weeks to be fair. And most of that post is pure speculation.

Surely if that was his train of thought Dorrans wouldn`t be in the squad?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 13:57

Going by what I`ve watched so far this season I don`t think there`s any wage thief`s in our squad. I just think most of them are absolutely honking and should be nowhere near our club.

Not trying? No.
Utterly useless? Yes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 14:12

Isn`t it strange how managers and players, interviewed after a game, always know what they should have done? If only they`d known beforehand!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 14:17

Or maybe even during?

…so they can adapt their game accordingly while they can still impact the result
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 14:22

Calling Pybus a wage thief is pretty disgusting. The guy busts a gut when he plays - and did so when he was ill until he was being physically sick.

He`s not the new Edgar Davids but he puts a shift in every time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 14:24

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 27 Dec 14:22

Calling Pybus a wage thief is pretty disgusting. The guy busts a gut when he plays - and did so when he was ill until he was being physically sick.

He`s not the new Edgar Davids but he puts a shift in every time.

In that case let`s give all these professional footballers new 5 year contracts because they are trying their best..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 14:39

The club needs emptied from top to bottom. We’ll be playing in League One next season . This is the fault of a truly horrendous board. Decision after decision they have got wrong. We could have hired Dick Campbell but there’s is a level of snobbery from these local businessman who simply treat the football club like a social club for them and their pals. I’ve become quite disillusioned with the club , locking fans out is probably the final straw for me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 15:12

There`s no need to describe any of the squad as wage thieves, you can be annoyed about mistakes and people not playing well. It`s not a lack of effort, it`s a mixture of a lack of quality, players not being used properly and a lack of confidence.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 15:16

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 27 Dec 14:22

Calling Pybus a wage thief is pretty disgusting. The guy busts a gut when he plays - and did so when he was ill ...

Agree with this. There are much better players that have been giving a lot less than him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Heinz57  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 15:18

Have to agree with you Sergio. Good post

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 15:49

In the immediate aftermath of a fairly insipid performance a few folk are saying the whole team is rubbish. Realistically it could probably be a decent team with less than 11 improved replacements, my thoughts would be around 4, but that is a tall order for any manager especially in the January window. I hope if we do any business it`s early on in the month not on the 31st.

As for Sergio and H57, you agree that the fans lockout is probably the final straw for you. When will we know if it is or it isn`t?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Heinz57  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 15:57

Naw I meant Sergio post in general. Not the last straw for me. Not yet

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 16:24

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 27 Dec 14:39

The club needs emptied from top to bottom. We’ll be playing in League One next season . This is the fault of a truly horrendous board. Decision after decision they have got wrong. We could have hired Dick Campbell but there’s is a level of snobbery from these local businessman who simply treat the football club like a social club for them and their pals. I’ve become quite disillusioned with the club , locking fans out is probably the final straw for me.

You get the prize for the most ridiculous, untrue and lack of basic context. Ever.

Merry Xmas
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 17:13

Can’t imagine there’s a pars fan out there who isn’t both disillusioned and depressed at the level/quality of our performances and, consequently, our position in the league this season.

Personally, I don’t see this as something that’s just suddenly happened; under both AJ and SC, I’ve seen us go from top of league around Christmas to “also-rans” by the end of the season. Even a year ago we were more than holding our own against Hearts and generally better than Dundee.

At the beginning of the season, we were being rated as title contenders.

What JH is saying is pretty much spot-on; we are being turned over by more streetwise teams and we’re giving away far too many cheap goals.

I think there is a general lack of quality present in “professional” footballers in Scotland; a couple of years ago the mighty Rangers were knocked out of Europe by the 4th best team from Luxembourg. And, what Arbroath are currently demonstrating is what I reckon is an unpleasant truth .... there are probably dozens of part-time teams from all over Europe who would survive very comfortably in the Scottish Premiership.

So where does that leave us? Again, I do believe what JH says is true; the players need to get back to doing the basics right, work for each other .... on top of that, they need to be organised and motivated, and that is up to JH to sort out.

Again personally, I’m not really interested in how great they are doing at training. And I also get it, part-time Arbroath have also turned over Kilmarnock, Inverness and Patrick away from home .... so to a casual observer it wouldn’t have been a big surprise to see them beat us 3-0, again. But JH says just shouting at the players won’t help ....
I kinda disagree there, if you want to be a professional football player, then you shouldn’t be out-played, out-worked and out-smarted by part-timers. Some of our (full-time) professionals need a good shake; if for nothing else, because their current performance levels will be condemning them to lower league football for the remainder of their careers.

Rant over.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 18:03

Nick you have had a shocker here, pybus is not a great footballer but he puts a shift in and is miles better than Todd, he’s not been given a chance by yogi along with a few others.

Some players never got the clean slate yogi was at pains to talk about when he first came here.

Why would that be?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 18:18

Another one that agrees that Pybus gives 100% in every game he plays.
If you had 10 of him, then we wouldn’t be near the bottom, that’s for sure.
Effort, desire and guts can get you so far
Certainly should get a slot ahead of guys like Todd, I believe

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 27 Dec 18:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 18:50

At the start of the season I was very confident that we would be at the top of the league challenging for promotion. When compared with the player pools of other teams I thought we had a strong pool of players! But unfortunately despite a promising start in the League Cup it all went pear shaped at the start of the league campaign. That got me thinking about the season past. We made a great start, mainly due to the Thomas dead ball deliveries providing lots of goals for the Centre Back now with Kilmarnock. Declan McManus also contributed with a few goals. But teams got wise to the way we played and our season fizzled out. Let’s hope the Manager gets a chance in the window to add a bit of experience and make us more difficult to beat. It’s an incredibly hard league with teams on the day all capable of winning games. An 8th place or better finish should be the target.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 19:24

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 27 Dec 18:18

Another one that agrees that Pybus gives 100% in every game he plays.
If you had 10 of him, then we wouldn’t be near the bottom, that’s for sure.
Effort, desire and guts can get you so far
Certainly should get a slot ahead of guys like Todd, I believe

Add me to that list, Pybus is a better option than both Allan and Todd
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 19:28

Quote:

Which members of the board use the club as a social club for their pals?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 19:39

Quote:

jake89, Mon 27 Dec 19:28

Quote:

Which members of the board use the club as a social club for their pals?

Didn’t Ross say at a supporters council meeting each director buys a full season ticket?

Guitar Guitar, Purvis Group and Braisby Ltd buy season corporate boxes and advertising boards so I’d be careful what you say or think? My daughter worked in hospitality for Margaret while at school and she always spoke highly of the club directors and staff
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 19:46

Don’t we have a new CEO starting very soon?

Surely he will weed out/indentify anyone who is abusing their position at the club, I assume that he will be reporting to the Germans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 19:47

Yes James Andrew, but some of our fans know better, if there isn`t a bad story about our club.. they make it up , it would surprise you how many jump on the bandwagon.
It`s the dot net way

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 20:01

Quote:

k76, Mon 27 Dec 19:46

Surely he will weed out/indentify anyone who is abusing their position at the club, I assume that he will be reporting to the Germans.

Yup K76, that will be another big wage used when we could be using it on the park

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 20:10

Quote:

That would probably be the best decision we have made in recent years. Hopefully not just another auld pals act. Best person for the job rather than mates of a mates mate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 20:20

Don’t have a problem paying someone to run the club professionally, DAFC has been overseen by enthusiastic well meaning people but we need someone that will mange the whole club and can devote 100% of their time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 27 Dec 23:41

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 27 Dec 20:10

Quote:

That would probably be the best decision we have made in recent years. Hopefully not just another auld pals act. Best person for the job rather than mates of a mates mate.

Pity yer faither wisnae using his "Mates" on a certain occassion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 02:01

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 27 Dec 23:41

Quote:

Quote:

Wishing someone had never been born because you don’t agree with their opinion on a football forum seems a bit over the top.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 04:23

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 02:01

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wishing someone had never been born because you don’t agree with their opinion on a football forum seems a bit over the top.

SG
You have to be the biggest a--hole on this forum
Still to see something you have to say good about our club
This is a game for you ,no more no less .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 05:17

Can see a few red cards getting handed out from admin. I’m usually quite thick skinned but some of the comments directed towards myself are quite hurtful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 06:40

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 28 Dec 04:23

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 02:01

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SG
You have to be the biggest a--hole on this forum
Still to see something you have to say good about our club
This is a game for you ,no more no less .

To be fair you run him a close second

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 07:17

So who is it who is abusing their position? And who are the auld pals?

I`m intrigued here.

As much as PARrots joke was a bit below the belt, I must confess it raised a smile.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 10:24

Yogi has a few questions to answer around his team selection. Ignoring Vytas and selecting Breen and Graham ahead of him is a nonsense. Where is Iain Wilson? Pybus surely a better option than Todd and Allan. Surely O’Hara is worth more minutes?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 10:35

Agree with livipar, we aren’t selecting our best players available, leaving your top scorer on the bench in a relegation battle seems crazy to me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 10:46

It`s easy to decide who our `best players` are from behind a keyboard but it`s not so easy in the real world. O`Hara`s got a bit of pace and is a decent penalty-box finisher but, if you`re weak in midfield and decide to play a lone striker, he`s obviously not an option for that position.

Wilson`s been injured all the time Yogi`s been in charge so he`s not an option for him either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 11:28

Not so easy in the real world? Well funnily enough I actually watch the games and form an opinion from that, it’s quite clear that we have better options sitting on the bench than we do starting the games right now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 11:35

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 28 Dec 11:28

Not so easy in the real world? Well funnily enough I actually watch the games and form an opinion from that, it’s quite clear that we have better options sitting on the bench than we do starting the games right now

Do you also watch the players attitude, effort and performance in training 4 days a week?

I think Yogi sees a lot more of the players than you do for 90mins on a Saturday to make a judgement.

Let's just get Ross McArthur to select the best 11 players and play each game like that, who needs a manager.

Post Edited (Tue 28 Dec 11:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 12:03

Topic Originator: SergioDuarte Like: 1
Date: Tue 28 Dec 05:17

Can see a few red cards getting handed out from admin. I’m usually quite thick skinned but some of the comments directed towards myself are quite hurtful

😂 I wouldn’t hold your breath. Two posters in particular on this forum can pretty much be abusive and dismissive, but never get picked up on it.

Let’s not forget how long homophobic and racist articles sat on this site before they were taken off.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 12:04

Back on topic, got to give the guy a window see what he can do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 13:35

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 05:17

Can see a few red cards getting handed out from admin. I’m usually quite thick skinned but some of the comments directed towards myself are quite hurtful.

Skinned? Didn`t need to add that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 13:38

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 28 Dec 12:03

Can see a few red cards getting handed out from admin. I’m usually quite thick skinned but some of the comments directed towards myself are quite hurtful

😂 I wouldn’t hold your breath. Two posters in particular on this forum can pretty much be abusive and dismissive, but never get picked up on it.

Let’s not forget how long homophobic and racist articles sat on this site before they were taken off.

Seems to me like you inferred that I made such comments, as I am one of the posters you quoted.

You better fix that ya blether.

Btw. I got a yellow last week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 13:43

Linked with Rangers left back James Maxwell according to the sun with other Championship teams

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 13:45

Watched a recent programme about Sergio aguero about when he arrived at city, they said he was a terrible trainer but in the games he came alive and we all knew how good he turned out to be.

Yogi is picking the same team now as when he first arrived, it’s clearly not about how well the youngsters are training and it certainly isn’t about how well they are playing.

I’d rather have a team full of players capable of doing it on game day then the hardest trainers you’ll ever see but ultimately are not good enough.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 13:51

So on what basis do you think he is picking the team, Berkey? Whatever it is, presumably he picks the team he thinks has the best chance of winning the game doesn`t he?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 13:59

Topic Originator: PARrot like
Date: Tue 28 Dec 13:38

Quote:

Seems to me like you inferred that I made such comments, as I am one of the posters you quoted.

I didn’t directly quote you at all. You’re making that up. If you believe you are one of the two posters that I am referring to, then that’s on your conscience. 🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 16:00

Disappointed but not surprised by the constant personal attacks on here. I’ve always hated bullies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 16:16

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 16:00

Disappointed but not surprised by the constant personal attacks on here. I’ve always hated bullies.

You do seem a bit weird with some of your posts to be fair
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 16:39

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Tue 28 Dec 16:16

Quote:

Weird ? In what way? You guys don’t like your pals getting called in to question. Which is fair enough. I’m just hoping for a bit more professionalism from the club. We have been rank rotten for years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 17:42

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Tue 28 Dec 16:16

Quote:

He does it deliberately, knowing full well what`s coming. He likes a good caning ye know.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 17:46

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 28 Dec 13:59

Topic Originator: PARrot like
Date: Tue 28 Dec 13:38

Quote:

I didn’t directly quote you at all. You’re making that up. If you believe you are one of the two posters that I am referring to, then that’s on your conscience. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I didnt say you quoted me directly I said it LOOKS like you INFERRED that I made such comments.

By including my handle at the top of your post, that is precicely what you did.

Would you kindly fix it on your original post and on your reply to me.

Fankyoo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 18:34

Quote:

Yet you resort to personal abuse regularly. Weird

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 19:24

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 28 Dec 18:34

Quote:

You’ll be able to prove that ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 19:27

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 19:24

Quote:

Quote:

Yep we all see it regularly. Virtually the entire team and staff have been victims.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 19:43

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 28 Dec 19:27

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep we all see it regularly. Virtually the entire team and staff have been victims.

When have I ever wished someone dead because I don’t agree with their post ?
How you have avoided a ban I’ll never know . My mental health is in the toilet and comments like that don’t help. Utter scumbag of a man. It’s a discussion board after all but you just hurl insults. We’ll see how this plays out .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 19:50

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 19:43

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How you have avoided a ban I’ll never know . My mental health is in the toilet and comments like that don’t help. Utter scumbag of a man. It’s a discussion board after all but you just hurl insults. We’ll see how this plays out .

If your mental health is in the toilet then please please get help.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 19:58

I’m just gonna sign off here. I’m depressed out my mind with everything that’s been happening the last few years and Christmas has been a total and utter disaster. This place is toxic at the best of times so I guess I’m not in the right from of mind to deal with it all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 20:05

Take care of yourself SD

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 20:07

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aye good try.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 20:08

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 28 Dec 19:50

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If your mental health is in the toilet then please please get help.

Hes on the wind up.
Seriously bad taste in self amusement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 20:18

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 28 Dec 19:58

I’m just gonna sign off here. I’m depressed out my mind with everything that’s been happening the last few years and Christmas has been a total and utter disaster. This place is toxic at the best of times so I guess I’m not in the right from of mind to deal with it all.

Sergio if you`d like a chat offline about mental health stuff then happy to lend an ear.

Not worth getting wound up about nonsense on here. (Says the guy who is often wound up about nonsense on here)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 20:26

[Post Deleted] - Rude or abusive message
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 21:02

Quote:

GG4, Tue 28 Dec 20:26

Wow. The guys telling you his mental health`s in the toilet yet you think he`s on the wind up.

Parrot you really are a bell end.

Take care SD.

Except he is on the wind up and I don't appreciate his poor choice of subject to amuse himself.

Oh and if you think im wrong, just check back his posts. It wont take you long to get the picture.

I take care of several people with mental health issues and I don't find this amusing.

Post Edited (Tue 28 Dec 21:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 22:17

Not trying to be a smartass here but aren`t you a Christian?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 22:23

Mental health is a very important subject and anyone claiming they have it should be taken seriously as we have no idea how bad they can be. How can you just brush it off as a wind up, especially if you`re claiming to take care of serval people with mental health issues (fair play if that`s the case)

Post Edited (Tue 28 Dec 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 22:28

Totally out of order accusing Sergio (who I don`t know) of faking mental health. How does anyone know how someone is feeling? Got form for it though. On the post about Jones he accuses posters of sympathetic crap for offering help. We`ve got great guys like Eddie Martin trying to promote good mental health then there`s posts like that.

Post Edited (Tue 28 Dec 23:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 23:19

Back in March I was having a really bad time with my mental health.
A spat between Rasta and myself on here had made things even worse.
Every day I was having suicidal thoughts and I opened a thread on here about my mental health issues and Sergio had the followingtwo contributionsto the thread.

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 1 Mar 02:17

What a car crash of a thread. Absolute virgins

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 1 Mar 18:43

This is a classic case of two absolute roasters having a spat on a football forum. First one to play the mental health card wins . As already stated , virgin like behaviour. I feel sorry for people with genuine mental health problems not this soap opera b*llocks.

He has shown himself to be one of the most toxic posters on here and if he genuinely does have mental health issues that may go some way to explaining why he is lashing out at the world.

Parrot also posted on the thread about my mental health and this might be why he assumed Sergio is not being truthful. That was my initial thoughts too if I`m being honest. I waited a few hours to think about it and reassessed that initial feeling and am prepared to give the benefit of the doubt.

I hope he gets the help he needs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 23:24

Sorry to hear that. Sergio`s comments to you were totally out of order. I don`t know him and have no idea if he`s being truthful. I also don`t know if he`s being untruthful but when someone says they`re suffering I think we`ve got to listen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 23:24

PARrot - not quoting the entire thing as the thread here has everything and it makes it unnecessarily long.

I have reviewed the posts that you asked me to, and I will absolutely not be editing anything on your behest. You are wrong, I didn’t quote you directly at all in my first post. It’s all there plain and simple.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 23:29

None of that is true.

Some of you guys really dont read posts carefully.

In the previous post you refer to I was calling out folk who respond empathetically to threads about mental health then have no qualms abusing players, rendering their supposed empathy pointless. Something Sergio does with aplomb.
You have completely misrepresented the issue here. What I said had absolutely nothing to do with the good work done by many.

I don't see why being a Christian or not has anything to do with calling out someone for using a fake claim of suffering from mental health in an attempt to discredit someone else.

It's great that you guys are genuinely trying to support him but his posts historically do not reflect mental health. On the contrary, he exudes confidence. The timing and demeanour of his claim are also suspect.

Now if I am correct shame on him.

If I am wrong then He will get the most heartfelt and sincere apology in the history of apologies and I hope he takes up the offer of help from the well meaners coming to his defence.

So Sergio you have offers of help which I hope you respond to and If I am wrong, I hope you accept my apology.
If I am not wrong and you have just gone too far on this occasion, I hope you are decent enough to admit the error and we can all move on.

Post Edited (Tue 28 Dec 23:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 23:46

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 28 Dec 23:24

PARrot - not quoting the entire thing as the thread here has everything and it makes it unnecessarily long.

I have reviewed the posts that you asked me to, and I will absolutely not be editing anything on your behest. You are wrong, I didn’t quote you directly at all in my first post. It’s all there plain and simple.

I actually said twice that you didnt quote me directly.
The issue is you referred to " 2 people" and my name was at the top of your post. You could easily remove it.
Thanks for your efforts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Dec 23:54

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Tue 28 Dec 23:19

Back in March I was having a really bad time with my mental health.
A spat between Rasta and myself on here had made things even worse.
Every day I was having suicidal thoughts and I opened a thread on here about my mental health issues and Sergio had the followingtwo contributionsto the thread.

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 1 Mar 02:17

What a car crash of a thread. Absolute virgins

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 1 Mar 18:43

This is a classic case of two absolute roasters having a spat on a football forum. First one to play the mental health card wins . As already stated , virgin like behaviour. I feel sorry for people with genuine mental health problems not this soap opera b*llocks.

He has shown himself to be one of the most toxic posters on here and if he genuinely does have mental health issues that may go some way to explaining why he is lashing out at the world.

Parrot also posted on the thread about my mental health and this might be why he assumed Sergio is not being truthful. That was my initial thoughts too if I`m being honest. I waited a few hours to think about it and reassessed that initial feeling and am prepared to give the benefit of the doubt.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Thanks for finding these posts Sif.
I would say they prove I am right. "First one to play the mental health catd wins" indeed Sergio. That is precisely why I accused you of being on the wind up.

You guys are all very decent, but I am afraid he has duped you.
No doubt I will be the bad one for challenging someone for making such a silly error of judgement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 00:53

PARrot, try again, you are still wrong. You are not mentioned at all in my post. Nor were you quoted. Can’t help you any further.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 00:58

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 29 Dec 00:53

PARrot, try again, you are still wrong. You are not mentioned at all in my post. Nor were you quoted. Can’t help you any further.

28 Dec 13:59
Whose name is at the top?
This infers that I am one of the two people you are referring to.
Not deliberately I`ll accept, but please delete it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 01:00

I refer you to my original post at 12.03.

That is the original post I made.

Anything from that has been quoting YOU directly from your own posts on this thread.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 01:03

Quote:

helensburghpar, Tue 28 Dec 23:24

Sorry to hear that. Sergio`s comments to you were totally out of order. I don`t know him and have no idea if he`s being truthful. I also don`t know if he`s being untruthful but when someone says they`re suffering I think we`ve got to listen.

I would agree 99% of the time, but you got the bit about the first to claim wins, right?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 03:21

Seems to me there must be significant previous between Parrot and SergioDuarte because I can`t see on this thread what SD has said that`s so bad.

Quote: SD Tue 28 Dec 02:01

referring to a new CEO:

>>... Hopefully not just another auld pals act. Best person for the job rather than mates of a mates mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What`s so bad about that? It refers to a certain job in the recent past that`s still a sore point for some. In response, Parrot posted:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Parrot Mon 27 Dec 23:41

>>Pity yer faither wisnae using his `Mates` on a certain occasion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It made me smile, but it is below the belt or, to be more precise - one in the groin. If it had been said to me I`d probably have fumed a bit, then tried to think of a suitably cutting response. I think I could manage that, but I`m not out to inflame the situation. After all, what`s on dotnet I`ve been told, is only banter. One thing that helps me is that I don`t bother to remember who`s had a go at me. I just read a post and if I want to respond to it I do, whoever it is - without fear or favour - unlike real life!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 06:26

Quote:

onandupthepars, Wed 29 Dec 03:21

Seems to me there must be significant previous between Parrot and SergioDuarte because I can`t see on this thread what SD has said that`s so bad.

Quote: SD Tue 28 Dec 02:01

referring to a new CEO:

>>... Hopefully not just another auld pals act. Best person for the job rather than mates of a mates mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What`s so bad about that? It refers to a certain job in the recent past that`s still a sore point for some. In response, Parrot posted:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Parrot Mon 27 Dec 23:41

>>Pity yer faither wisnae using his `Mates` on a certain occasion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It made me smile, but it is below the belt or, to be more precise - one in the groin. If it had been said to me I`d probably have fumed a bit, then tried to think of a suitably cutting response. I think I could manage that, but I`m not out to inflame the situation. After all, what`s on dotnet I`ve been told, is only banter. One thing that helps me is that I don`t bother to remember who`s had a go at me. I just read a post and if I want to respond to it I do, whoever it is - without fear or favour - unlike real life!

Not really, and I dont hold grudges.
He had one of his goes at the board and I used his comment regarding mates for a bit light hearted humour.
He went well over the top with his response and foolishly tried to make me look bad by claiming he was deeply wounded and had MH issues.
I suggested he was on the wind up, due to his previous comments, highlighted by Sif a few posts back.

Some folk defended him as they were concerned he was being sincere.
I expected precisely the response you said you would have provided but I got pelters. Most of it based on false information.

His regular style on here is to make controversial statements then wait for responses, sit back and enjoy the show. That is what he has done here too.

Post Edited (Wed 29 Dec 06:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 08:10

Sorry for the comments I made to you back in March SIF. I was drinking that much back then I can’t even recall tbh. I suppose this is karma paying me back now for those horrendous comments. I really am quite unwell at the moment , my life seems so utterly pointless. I’m going to leave the forum and will return when I feel better. Thank you all for your concern.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 09:18

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 29 Dec 08:10

Sorry for the comments I made to you back in March SIF. I was drinking that much back then I can’t even recall tbh. I suppose this is karma paying me back now for those horrendous comments. I really am quite unwell at the moment , my life seems so utterly pointless. I’m going to leave the forum and will return when I feel better. Thank you all for your concern.

Now that seemed sincere.

Lets turn a negative into a positive.
I apologise for doubting you and I hope , now that you have crossed the bridge and opened up, you will be able to accept the help offered by several people on here.

Perhaps this incident was what you needed to open up.

For my part, I will take the advice of several posters on here and be more cautious.

I did think you were trolling and it angered me.
I hope you dont leave the forum. As you can see, there are many people on here who care and this forum can be a very good place to come for friendship, despite all of our deficiencies.

Hopefully now this will have a happy ending.

Take care.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Dec 10:04

Well said. Good post from Parrot. Also glad Sergio apologised and encourage Sergio to seek help. No need to suffer alone.

Post Edited (Wed 29 Dec 10:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 13:27

Without wishing to be trite. A wonderful Christian man, who was my first boss, told me when I was going through a very dark time that there would be light at the end of the tunnel. He was right. Thirty years later I watched as his coffin was lowered into his grave. For him I knew there was light even through the darkest tunnel.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 18:00

Doesn’t hold grudges / uses comment made 9 months ago as defence of abhorrent comments on someone’s mental health. This place is a cesspit sometimes (and ‘sometimes’ is increasing in frequency).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 19:15

Quote:

P, Thu 30 Dec 18:00

Doesn’t hold grudges / uses comment made 9 months ago as defence of abhorrent comments on someone’s mental health. This place is a cesspit sometimes (and ‘sometimes’ is increasing in frequency).

Well as usual that isn`t what happened at all.

The matter was resolved, old wounds were healed and friendships strengthened because we addressed an issue.

Everyone involved is getting along fine and for some reason you decide to re-open the thread, contribute nonsense and call it a cesspit.
We were doing fine until you put your oar in and started what may now decend into a cesspit.
Maybe time to close the thread.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 21:21

The state of mental health care in this country is a disgrace and this place doesn`t help.

It`s not so long ago that casual homophobia was common and openly accepted here, and we are still regaled with the views of old white men telling us why we shouldn`t have women as referees.

And then there`s the aforementioned articles. Those were very telling about the attitudes of the site admin and how it is overseen.

It is little wonder that at least two posters have said that they have had their mental health negatively impacted by their experience using this website. That`s in this one thread alone. There have been others through the years.

Although I suppose that this site is just a reflection of the attitudes that exist in society still despite the fact that they more properly belong in 1973.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 22:12

As an old white man I suppose I should defend 1973. The PM of the UK at that time was presumed to be homosexual, which was alluded to of course in bar room comments, but it did not stop him becoming PM. In these allegedly more enlightened times, I am not sure that could be the case today.

There was full employment in 1973 and not a food bank in sight. So it wasn`t quite the dark ages of Tory propaganda. Football was much cheaper to watch as well.

What people say in public is not always what they think. Websites like this offer a public platform where people can be more open about their attitudes, to put in words what was once confined to bar room debate. That is not a licence to be offensive or to slander people, so there are moderators to filter out such comments. I think they do a good job, despite frequent calls to issue yellow and red cards.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 23:01

PARrot - did my last post on here make clear my thoughts for you? You seemed to have difficulty grasping my point and I note haven’t responded further. Maybe you’d like to admit you had read it wrong and maybe take time to apologise for misunderstanding?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 23:02

You know, except from the facts the mods hosted openly bigoted articles on their website for a sustained period and then made excuses when called out.

`get it right` ok then...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 23:06

Seeing as it was illegal to be homosexual in 1973 Sammer, I’m not sure that’s worth defending….!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 23:11

Wasn`t much fun to be anything other than a straight white male in 1973.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 23:25

Seems that a lot of people in glass houses are throwing the most stones. Parrot has been pretty fair it seems to me. When he realised that perhaps he had misjudged the situation he came forward immediately with an apology. To prolong this by bringing patently unfair accusations does no good to anyone. Time to let the matter lie and let the healing process take its course.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 23:48

You know things are bad when people are talking about the 70s!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 00:48

Should make it clear that my posts haven`t been directed at any individual but were more about the general tone of the site.

Apologies if that didn`t come across and it certainly wasn`t intended to single out any individual(s) for criticism.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 21:50

Wotsit,

You have a bit more to answer than you would wish.

As an `old white man` I still have the capacity to call out your feeble knowledge of history. The horror is this: homosexuals and female supporters were part of the North Enclosure at EEP in 1973, the year that seems to give you the fits. You ae nor even defending your own supporters.

Why does 1973 give you such alarm? ? Are you are a Tory? The narrowest gap between rich and poor ever recorded? Is that the problem?

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 23:40

Only on dotnet can suggesting the 70s was a crap time for the LGBTQIAPK community result in someone being accused of being a Tory 😂

Edited - don't believe this is an offensive term (it's used by an LGBTQIAPK member of my team) but edited in case people are offended.

Post Edited (Sat 01 Jan 07:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 01:02

Happy New Year to one and all!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 01:23

Happy New year everyone.
COYP Let`s get right into the Lino lickers 🤣

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 03:01

Topic Originator: jake89 like
Date: Fri 31 Dec 23:40

Only on dotnet can suggesting the 70s was a crap time for the alphabet community result in someone being accused of being a Tory 😂

“The alphabet community”

You want to change your wording on that Jake, new year fresh start and all that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 03:03

Also, PARrot, you had a chance to review the posts you queried and want to respond to my post at 23:06 on Thursday?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 03:41

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 1 Jan 03:03

Also, PARrot, you had a chance to review the posts you queried and want to respond to my post at 23:06 on Thursday?

If I must. It is so far back now it doesn`t matter anymore.
I fully understand that you didn`t mean to infer that I was one of the two people your post referred to.
That doesnt change the fact that you still have my name at the top of your post and it therefore appears you could be referring to me.
I asked perfectly politely if you would simply delete my name but that is obviously too much for you.
If you can`t make the small effort to do something so simple in order to appease someone, what on earth makes you think you deserve an apology.

Thanks for nothing.

Have a great new year anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 11:48

Shame you’ve chosen to be like that, but ultimately everyone sees your true colours. Not my fault you can’t see how quoting on this site works, but good to see how rattled you get because you cant handle it when you’re challenged.

Expecting just to be appeased rather than admit you were wrong. Thankfully not everyone thinks appeasement is a good method…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 12:34

How strange.

You keep coming back to this rather than just dealing with it, and requesting me to respond when I would rather leave it after so long, but I am the one who is rattled.

I don't feel rattled, and certainly not challenged.

Happy new year to you bud. Chill out and spend some time with your nearest and dearest.

Post Edited (Sat 01 Jan 17:54)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net